Default Re: Techy vs. RL (Ref: Puma)

Light Screen - Confuse Ray - Psychic

Smell ya later! Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Light Screen ~ Protect ~ ThunderPunch

Vs. Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry for the long waiting time! Completely forgot about this one.

TEAM
    Techy vs. RaZoR
    These two sparkling combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Indigo Plateau
    [The most basic of them all. We have soft ground, indestructible surroundings and
    a small lake in the middle of the arena.]

DQ Time
    => 1 week! Plenty of time.
    => Note that DQ Time instantly comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => Banned Moves: None.
    => Three Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when all three Pokémon of a trainer fainted.
    => The damage cap is set to 49%. We don't want it to be over too soon, ey?

Additions
    => The sky's blue, the ground doesn't seem off. The combatants stand on even grounds this time!

...Preparations...

------------------------------------------
    ♣ROUND 17♣

We reached the climax of this battle, as Techy's last Pokémon, his Pichu enters the fray. Hell no! Kachina responds with instantly setting a light screen up, to shield herself from eletric attacks. Voltz, visibly upset about her reaction, creates a light screen of his own. Oh boy so much action!
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -6 EP | Lightscreen ] - [ Kachina | -0 HP | -6 EP | Lightscreen ]

They continue the not-damage-each-other contract as Kachina sends out a ray of flashing lights to confuse Voltz, but it ends up bouncing off his protective shield, so nothing happens at all. Again.
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -0 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Guess what. They finally decide to attack! Kachina picks her opponent up and smashes him against the walls without leaving a single scratch! That's top notch work right there! Voltz decides that there is no point in attacking in a special way and punches the Natu in the face, knocking it back a few feet.
    [ Voltz | -8 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -14 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Techy will issue his commands next!
    • Unless overcome, both Lightscreens will stay in effect for 6 more actions.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled. (From 5-10 to 10-20 EP per Relax)
    • Feel free to ask how I ref certain things, I guess I do it a bit different.

Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Junior Trainer

Use Protect at any status move used on you, or ThunderPunch otherwise.

Vs. Seeker
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Toxic - Toxic - Relax

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Techy vs. RaZoR
    These two sparkling combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Indigo Plateau
    [The most basic of them all. We have soft ground, indestructible surroundings and

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time instantly comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => Three Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when all three Pokémon of a trainer fainted.

Additions
    => The sky's blue, the ground doesn't seem off. The combatants stand on even grounds this time!

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 18♣

Voltz watches his opponent closely... As Kachina throws up and hurls the result at him, he instantly sets a protective barrier up, to avoid the toxication. HA!
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -0 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Rinse and repeat. Kachina throws up once more, while Voltz shield crackles a bit, but manages to ward off the attack none the less.
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -0 HP; -2 HP due to fatigue | -6 EP | ~ ]

Voltz watches his opponent closely. Again. As if he is some kind of crazy stalker. As he notices her going to rest, he charges his fist and rams it into the Natu's face, throwing her a few feet away.
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -13 HP | +14 EP | ~ ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • RaZoR LeAf will issue his commands next!
    • Unless overcome, both Lightscreens will stay in effect for 3 more actions.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled. (From 5-10 to 10-20 EP per Relax)

Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Confuse Ray - Psychic - Giga Drain

Junior Trainer

Protect ~ ThunderPunch x2

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Seriously didn't notice this was up already o.o

TEAM
    Techy vs. RaZoR

Arena
    => Indigo Plateau

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 19♣

Waste no time! Voltz instantly sets a protective barrier up, without even thinking about what's his opponent is going to do. Kachina is a bit surprised, but tries her luck with a confuse ray anyway. It doesn't work out too well, as you might imagine.
    [ Voltz | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

At last, the shield vanishes and Kachina is able to unleash her psychic powers once more. She throws the Pichu brutally into the air multiple times, while crashing him into the ground. While that sounds like it would do a lot of damage, it gets reduced by Light Screen a lot. Voltz found a way to surpass the shield, and punches Kachina in the face. Again.
    [ Voltz | -6 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -14 HP; -2 HP due to fatigue | -5 EP | ~ ]

Kachina, Zubat in training, tries to sap a bit of life from her opponent and well. It is a bit. Almost nothing at all, while Voltz on the otherhand deals great damage with an electric induced punch again. Both Lightscreens fade away as well!
    [ Voltz | -4 HP; -1 HP due to fatigue | -7 EP | Lightscreen no more ] - [ Kachina | -13 HP; -5 HP due to fatigue; +2 HP | -0 EP | Lightscreen no more ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Techy will issue his commands next! Both combatants are limited to TWO commands, due to fatigue!

Junior Trainer

ThunderPunch till you faint.

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

Heat Wave x2

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Techy vs. RaZoR

Arena
    => Indigo Plateau

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 20♣

What a nice number to conclude this battle of pure epicness! At least I think it is going to end now, as both combatants start moving, executing their last commands. Kachina starts by tearing the air around her apart, setting it on fire and send the result into Voltz direction, knocking him over, while leaving him a bit roasted. No seriously, he is burning! However, Voltz is able to respond with another electric induced punch in Kachina's ...guts. I think.
    [ Voltz | -12 HP; -4 HP due to fatigue | -0 EP | Burned! (Moderate) ] - [ Kachina | -13 HP; -4 HP due to fatigue | -0 EP | ~ ]

It's not over yet! Kachina prepares another wave of flames, sending it into Voltz direction once more, but this time, the little Pichu is prepared. He dodges it gracefully and ends the fight with a punch in the face. In the everything. And with that, we have a winner!
    [ Voltz | -3 HP due to fatigue | -0 EP | ~ ] - [ Kachina | -4 HP | -0 EP | ~ ]

Voltz is victorios, even the burn doesn't bother him now.
    [ Voltz | -4 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Well there you have it! It did get close at the end, regarding Sheet's Destiny Bond try failed miserably. However, without status inflictions, Voltz got the upper hand there. Even if the second Heatwave would've hit, there's was no chance in Pichu going down by it. Both of you did really well, and I hope to ref a battle like that in the future at some point!

Also, Techy and I get 6 points, while Razor is getting 3. I'm going to dig through the ground this time, to be original. BYE! Sir Dig-Alot, onwards!

Junior Trainer

Its a good feeling, to win your first battle.

Good Game RL, it did get close at the end.

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

That was a really god battle. Techy, you're a force to be reckoned with, that battle had me on the edge of my seat trying to counter you. I think a rematch will be in order in the future.

Puma, brilliant reffing from you too.

Now I'm going to evolve Natu.