Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Emerald_Gen.3 (ref: Oslolso)

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Emerald_Gen.3 (ref: Oslolso)

*sounds a foghorn*

In the interest of livening things up around here, I'm offering to ref a fracas of epic proportions.* As the title suggests, three participating trainers will enter with five Pokemon each—one from every Generation. The battle will then be composed of five sets: the Gen I Pokemon will face off against one another first, then the Gen II Pokemon, then the Gen III Pokemon, and so on. The winner of each set will get a coin and, at the end of the fifth set, the person with the most coins wins. If a set ends in a tie, the tied trainers will each get a coin. If two trainers have the same amount of coins at the end of the fifth set, we will go to a wildcard tie-breaker (which will be explained should such an event arise). Still following? Okay, let's make things more complex.

To add a bit of fun, each set will have different restrictions based on the accompanying Generation. For example, since the first set will be limited to Generation I Pokemon, the participants will have to follow Generation I rules: no abilities, no genders, Gen I type chart, Gen I movesets. (Which is to say, Pikachu can use Thundershock and Light Screen but not Iron Tail or even Defense Curl, since it didn't get access to Defense Curl until Gen II.) Bite will be Normal-type, Magnemite will be pure Electric... that sort of thing. Similarly, the second set will follow Gen II rules: still no abilities, genders are in play, post-Gen I type chart, Gen I/Gen II movesets, and so on. You get the idea... I hope.

The arena will be Indigo Plateau. Also, to keep damage calcs straightforward, moves can only ever take one target. (So even if you try to Earthquake both of your opponents in one fell swoop, only one of them will be able to feel the attack. How? Magic.) No moves are banned (with the exception of the aforementioned restrictions), 40% damage cap and I'd like a strict DQ time of seven days. If you're not sure whether you can keep up with that, there is a comfy spot on the spectator bench with your name on it. ;D

Once you've signed up, you can PM me your five Pokemon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure there are a gajillion things I didn't explain properly.

(Also, I'm entirely aware I didn't come up with the idea for this match. The concept comes from RL's battle here so, y'know... credit where credit's due.)

So... who's game?

* Proportions aren't actually all that epic. I just felt like describing it that way.
    Last edited by Oslo; 9th October 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! ? vs. ? vs. ? (ref: Oslolso)

DIBS because all of the other battles I'm in are stallfests :/ PMing!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. ? vs. ? (ref: Oslolso)

>.> I wanna be down like Syndrome's air time in the Incredibles-but I'm in 4 stallfests >_o I'm bout to drop one like national Caribbean Beatdown day if they dun hurry up. >/

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. ? vs. ? (ref: Oslolso)

Well, I just opened up a slot, so I'm In!

I'll PM you in a sec.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. ? (ref: Oslolso)

Yay its time to shine

PM u in a minute

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Master Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Emerald_Gen.3 (ref: Oslolso)

Time to release!

Cynder will be using Shindo the Jigglypuff, BTPoke will be using Cicero the Dragonite and Emerald will be using Squirt the Squirtle. We'll follow that order for the first round of attacks: Cynder will issue commands first followed by BTPoke and then Emerald.

Remember, Gen I movesets only! Good luck!
    Last edited by Oslo; 9th October 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Five Gen Three-Way! Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Emerald_Gen.3 (ref: Oslolso)

Damn BT, overkill much?

Definitely gonna be watching this, plus throwing in the random bullshit that I tend to do when I lurk in other threads >_>

Elite Trainer

It's not overkill, considering our movesets are horribly limited, and Dragonite doesn't know any fighting type moves in first gen xD

Advanced Trainer

Is it just me or do me and Cynder not have a chance in this first battle

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Naa, Dragonite is wack in this type of matchup. In fact...I'm placing dibs on Squirt doing the most damage :/

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Yeah, I suspect Cicero will be the first to fall... but you never know.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Jigglypuff's moveset is a beast >=D

Ice Beam@Cicero ~ Thunderbolt@Squirt ~ Blizzard

Master Trainer

Since attacks can only take one target in this battle, you'll have to specify a target for Blizzard or else it will just hit whoever's closest. :3

Elite Trainer

yeeeaaahh, cic is the opposite of beast in this matchup, but he DID have the best Gen 1 moveset out of my Gen 1 pokemon xD

Also, am I right to say that there is no damage cap?

Master Trainer

As per the OP, there is a 40% damage cap.

Unless you guys object, in which case I'm fine changing it.
    Last edited by Oslo; 10th October 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh right, I'll aim it at Cicero then xD

Elite Trainer

*inhale* *sigh*

This battle is going to SUCK xD

Let's do... Agility first, to dodge the first Ice Beam,

And then let's do.... Horn Drill @Shindo. I know it's kind of jerkish, but the Damage cap will limit it, so my conscience is clear xD

Finally, Let's use Thunder @ That little Squirt

Advanced Trainer

Ice Beam on Cicero after he uses agility then use Bubble on Shindo and finally use Protect

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM CYNDER
    versus
    TEAM BTPOKE
    versus
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3

Rules: Gen I restrictions currently in effect; attacks may only take one target
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 ‡

...it's time!

Ladies and gents of ASB, I bid you welcome to that most well-trodden and nondescript of battlefields: Indigo Plateau! Here, a battle five Generations in the making will begin between three steely fighters. Cynder, BTPoke and Emerald_Gen.3 take to the field to the roar of the crowd. Today, they will be using one Pokemon from every Generation in a match that will carry them from those nostalgic early days of Red and Blue to the monochromatic present. The trip begins with Gen I and the trainers release their Pokemon accordingly.

With three flashes of light, a Jigglypuff, Dragonite and Squirtle take to the field. Cicero, the fastest Pogey on the field (being a fully-evolved pseudo-legend has some perks, even if it makes you one heck of a target), begins by... waiting? Hrm. Recognizing an opportunity, Shindo smiles sweetly before pointing a plump little arm at Cicero and cutting loose with a shimmering Ice Beam. Cicero beats his wings and darts off into the sky, cunningly evading the attack. Squirt, meanwhile, is forced to wait a full minute for the show-off of a Dragonite to return to the ground. Yeah, yeah, you can fly. We got it. Once Cicero touches back down, Squirt releases an Ice Beam of its own. Cicero takes the hit and stumbles backwards before tumbling down to the ground. It facepalms. It looks like Cicero is going to have a tough row to hoe.

Shindo: <-8 EP>
    Cicero: <-20 HP; -4 EP; +2 Spd>
    Squirt: <-8 EP>

Cicero is majorly irked after that little game of let's-all-hang-up-on-the-Dragonite-and-give-it-hypothermia-lololol. Its horn begins to spin and hum as Cicero sets its sights on... Shindo! Eek! Before the Jigglypuff can move a muscle, Cicero lunges forward and Horn Drills the Jigglypuff square between the eyes. Yowch! Shindo takes exorbitant damage and flops over in a daze. If that's not enough, Squirt waddles forward and begins spitting bubbles in Shindo's face. Bubbles? Really? Bubbles? Shindo looks at Squirt with a look of disgust (seriously, though, bubbles?!) and zaps the TinyTurtle with a touch of electricity. Well-deserved, I must say.

Shindo: <-31 HP; -8 EP>
    Cicero: <-23 EP>
    Squirt: <-15 HP; -2 EP>

Cicero decides to use an Electric-type move of its own. It conducts an even heavier dose of high voltage and sends it in Squirt's direction, but the Water-type isn't too keen on getting fried twice in a row. Squirt tries to hide behind a Protective barrier, but doesn't quite know how to execute a maneuver like that... probably because he's a Generation away from learning it. Thus, the Thunder hits and it hits hard, leaving Squirt in quite a daze. Meanwhile, Shindo, who's still not thrilled about that friggin' Horn Drill, attacks with a raging Blizzard. The storm of ice and snow piles upon Cicero and leaves the Dragonite a little on the frosty side. Ice crystals accrue around Cicero's wings and leave them Frozen. Ugh! Nobody understands how gosh-darn difficult it is to be a Dragonite in this day and age, y'know?

Shindo: <-10 EP>
    Cicero: <-24 HP; -10 EP; Partial Frz>
    Squirt: <-18 HP; Can't move!>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > Oh, those sprites... *nostalgia*
    > The number beside the colourless symbols = your coin count, by the way
    > Damage done to Cicero was capped at 40 HP
    > Every action, Cicero's wings will have a 25% chance of thawing out; as well, any Fire-type move used by or against Cicero that target the wings will cause the ice to melt; so long as Cicero is Frozen, it will not have access to its wings
    > Because Protect is a Generation II move, it failed
    > TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3 to command next followed by TEAM CYNDER and then TEAM BTPOKE
    Last edited by Oslo; 14th October 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Elite Trainer

noooobody knows the trouble my dragon's seen~

Advanced Trainer

Ice Beam 3x on Cicero

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

^aww, now dat's cold

... that was a terrible pun

Master Trainer

Yeah, that definitely wasn't a very ice thing to do at all.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry, I didn't notice that this battle had been posted in xD

Disable @ Cicero's Horn Drill (if it's possible, if not just use another Blizzard) ~ Blizzard @ Cicero ~ Thunder Wave @ Squirt

Advanced Trainer

We just love Cicero dont we Cynder

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

yeesh, guys, you both really don't like dragons, do you?

Cicero, let's to this. Use agility to quickly get over to Shindo, pick her up, and hold her in front of the ice beam (she really does deserve it xD), and try to ignore the disable. We won't need Agility anymore, anyway.
    Ya see, it IS indeed possible to disable your horn drill, so make sure to use Agility right before she attempts to use Disable, so that she uses it on your agility instead >:3

Anyway, next turn, use substitute to distract the both of them (make sure to drop Shindo while you're at it xD)

Next, use Thunder to launch a ray of electricity to stop that last ice beam (and hopefully hit Squirt at the same time >:3)

This could all go horribly wrong, but let's try it! We don't need wings to kick their puny butts!

Advanced Trainer

grabs popcorn* let the utter rape of the dragons begin

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

if all goes well, my dragon won't even be hit by a single move.
    *crosses fingers*

Advanced Trainer

Welp we just gotta pray to Oslo i guess :3

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

YO USING A MEAT SHEILD IS BELOW THE BELT BRO :U I just hope Disable can be directed at a single specific move :U

Advanced Trainer

is it time to team up Cynder?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

hey, hey, hey, I believe this is a FREE-FOR-ALL, not a FREE-FOR-ALL-TO-TEAM-UP-ON-THE-POOR-DRAGON.

Advanced Trainer

aww shucks

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM CYNDER
    versus
    TEAM BTPOKE
    versus
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 2 ‡

After a madcap first round, we continue! Cicero once again puts its Agility to the test and scampers toward Shindo. The Jigglypuff has a lolwut moment followed by an aahhhwtf moment as it is promptly lifted into the air by the Dragon. Bewildered by these circumstances, the Jigglypuff squirms and wiggles and tries to break free. In the end, it's fruitless. Squirt fires off an Ice Beam at Cicero who smugly hides behind its trusty Jigglyshield. Walloped by the frigid attack, Shindo is blown clear out of Cicero's clutches and lands several feet away on the ground. The pink balloon inflates in rage and commands another Blizzard to enclose around Cicero. Brr! Baby, it's effing cold as balls outside.

Shindo: <-10 HP; -10 EP>
    Cicero: <-24 HP; -4 EP; +2 Spd>

Not exactly thrilled with the way that turned out, Cicero locates a mop and bucket at the edge of the arena and scurries over toward them. It puts the bucket on top of the mop and... yeah, that kinda looks like a Dragonite, right? Cicero enchants the Substitute with a bit of health and manages to bewitch the other two into thinking it's the real deal. Shindo is fooled and attacks the mop and bucket with a Blizzard attack which causes the Substitute to crumble away in a single blow. Egads! Things just aren't built to last these days, are they? Entirely vulnerable at this point, Cicero turns to Squirt with a look of horror and watches as the wee wittle weptile shakes out another Ice Beam. Much to Cicero's dismay, the attack hits and the mighty Dragonite winds up tumbling hard to the ground. Ugh. Anybody got a dumptruck of NeoCitran on hand by any chance?

Cicero: <-15 HP; -20 HP; -4 EP; Sub: Broken!>

Cicero bides its time for the moment and waits for Squirt to make a move. Meanwhile, Shindo sparks and pops with electric current and attacks the Kanto starter with a sizzly Thunder Wave. Squirt takes the hit and immediately goes rigid with Paralysis. Whoops, that rarely bodes well. Seeing that its opponent has been rendered immobile, Cicero smirks and unleashes an Electric-type blast of its own. The Thunderous attack launches Squirt into the far wall like a missile into, well, a wall. Except into of breaking the wall, Squirt merely falls to the ground and looks dazed.

The round ends as Cicero's wings finally melt. Well. Something finally seems to be going right for the Dragon.

Shindo: <-4 EP>
    Cicero: <-10 EP>
    Squirt: <-18 HP; Par; Can't move!>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Since Disable here works like Psyduck's Disable in the anime (ie. it freezes an opponent in place), I went with Cynder's sub instead
    > Damage done to Cicero was capped at 40 HP (and without said damage cap, Cicero would have lost 126 HP so far, lolol)
    > TEAM BTPOKE to command next followed by TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3 and then TEAM CYNDER

Elite Trainer

yeaaaaaah, this isn't going well for me AT ALL xD I had honestly hoped that that round would have gone well for me, but Noooooo

Well, let's see, here....

Use Thunder Wave on Shindo, Use Double Team, HOPE TO ARCEUS FOR PARAHAX, and take to the sk.... wait, DRAGONITE DOESN'T LEARN FLY IN GEN 1!?!? what sorcery is this? can we just make believe and have Cicero use Fly? xD

Master Trainer

It's okay, BTPoke. Yours is a pain Oslo knows too well. At least you have the damage cap to give you a fighting chance!

Advanced Trainer

Ice Beam on Cicero, if its still up then use Ice Beam again, if not use Hydro Pump twice on Shindo

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    wait, DRAGONITE DOESN'T LEARN FLY IN GEN 1!?!?
    Just noticed this. Dragonite doesn't get Fly in RBG but it does in Yellow, so it's usable.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Use Thunder to redirect the Thunder Wave towards Squirt and then use a widespread Blizzard to wipe out all of the clones, finish by Mimicing Fly.

Master Trainer

TEAM CYNDER
    versus
    TEAM BTPOKE
    versus
    TEAM EMERALD_GEN.3

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 ‡

Even though Cicero seems like a lost cause at this point, there's no reason why it can't go out spitefully, right? The ailing Dragonite jettisons a broad cone of electricity which overwhelms poor Shindo before it can even think about redirecting the attack. (Yeah, +4 Spd is pretty hard to outmaneuver.) Much like Squirt just a few moments ago, the little Jigglypuff becomes locked up with Paralysis and is rendered immobile. Then, with a crippling beam of icy energy, Squirt takes aim at Cicero and knocks the pseudo-legend clear out of battle.

Moral of the story: bring a bazooka to a knife fight and you're gonna get stabbed. (Actually, that sounds like a pretty stupid moral but, um, let's just move on.)

Shindo: <Par; Can't move!>
    Cicero: <-20 HP; -4 EP>

And then there were two. Though Shindo was initially instructed to fire a Blizzard at Cicero, that, um, isn't really possible. 'Cause Cicero is dead. As a result, SHINDO instead targets Squirt with the frigid gale. Squirt braces itself against the ice and snow but isn't particularly daunted by the attack. However, it is particularly daunted by its own Paralysis which renders it unable to do a thing but stand there and look derpish... and bow howdy, is Squirt ever succeeding.

Squirt: <-6 HP; Can't move!>

Shindo decides it's Mimic time! Except... uh, what to Mimic? The wide-eyed balloon looks around for something interesting to copy; meanwhile, mobility returns to Squirt and the little turtle rockets off a pressurized swath of water. The attack launches Shindo into the air but the little fighter merely drifts lazily back to the ground and shoots Squirt a dirty look. Shindo then records the attack in memory and returns it upon its original user, but this Hydro Pump has about as much of an effect as the Blizzard from the previous action. (Which is to say, not much of an effect at all.)

Shindo: <-14 HP; -14 EP>
    Squirt: <-6 HP; -10 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Shindo will be able to use Hydro Pump at full power for two more actions and at half power for three actions after that, at which point the move will be forgotten
    > TEAM CYNDER to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 22nd October 2012 at 12:37 PM.