Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Battle Back (Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: Puma)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default First Battle Back (Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: Puma)

I challenge..... ANYBODY!
    to a quick 2v2 (not a double battle)

Arena: The Roman Colosseum
    Banned Moves: None
    DQ Time: 3 days

I'm hoping for a quick paced battle, lets go!
    Last edited by dabsaww; 21st June 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: First Battle Back

Good to have you back! I'll battle you. Who releases first?

Starve The Ego, Feed The Soul Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Taking this.

I choose Growlithe! M Flash Fire
    Edretah
    Level 90 Tauren BM/Survival Hunter
    VS SEEKER

"Kind and courteous is a life I've heard, but its so nice to say that we played in the dirt."
    -Jason Mraz

Master Trainer

Sorry, Ed, but I beat you to the punch.

Starve The Ego, Feed The Soul Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

You did indeed Oslosis lol

By a minute at that haha
    Edretah
    Level 90 Tauren BM/Survival Hunter
    VS SEEKER

"Kind and courteous is a life I've heard, but its so nice to say that we played in the dirt."
    -Jason Mraz

Master Trainer

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'll send out first! Thank you for accepting Oslo, long time no see! I'll be sending out Tazo, the female eevee with the ability adaptability!

Master Trainer

Cool, I'll pick Sudafed my male Nosepass with Sand Force.

Sudafed, begin with Thunder Wave! Follow with Shock Wave and Fire Punch.

Magic Coat what you can when you can.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Does this one have a ref?
    I'll do it if not, sounds like a fun and fast-paced battle. (:

Master Trainer

Thanks, Puma!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Alright Tazo use
    Mud Slap, aim for the eyes!
    Dig, avoid the shockwave,
    Come up swinging with an iron tail!

Advanced Trainer

I'll try to get it up in a few hours. (:
    Though, Dab, do you realize that were like, 4 commands with the Dig up + Iron Tail Combo?
    I'll have to take a look at that, might be just me (:

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

If that is the case
    Mud Slap-dig down-dig up

Advanced Trainer

Aww shizzlez! My first battle! I'm totally not excited!

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo
    These two charming combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum
    [A structure of enormous size! The use of ground-breaking moves like earth quake or magnitude is not advised, except you want to have fun destroying ancient buildings, that'd be fine with me.]

DQ Time
    => 3 days! Don't start something time consuming!
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatans call it.

Rules
    => Banned Moves: None.
    => Two Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when both Pokémon of a trainer fainted.
    => The damage cap is set to 45% by default. If someone doesn't like it that way, he should say that, otherwise it'll stay as it is.

Additions
    => The sky's blue, the ground doesn't seem off. The combatants might stand on even grounds this time!
    => However, direct influence on the structure might cause it to crumble.

...Preparations...

------------------------------------------
    Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! I gathered you here to witness a battle of epic proportions! Who's going to be the first one that enters the arena? Oh. Well, it seems I kind of overlooked dabsaww there, eagerly awaiting his opponent already who happens to step in right as I spoke these words. Magical. Anyway, the mysterios Oslo sent out his Nosepass, which, now that you mention it, does look pretty well-fed. Anyway, with another flash of red light, a female Eevee that seems to ADAPT QUITE WELL TO THE SURROUNDINGS appears.
    I'm sorry, that's not going to happen ever again.

Let's get cooking!
    ♣ROUND 1♣

As always, I seem to randomly ignore things. For example the Eevee, sprinting up to the Sudafed, starting to... Wait what. Seriously? You are going to throw some mud at his face? Oh god, it even seems to bother the stone duck a lot, nasty strategies right there! Sudafed, blinded by the dickish assault of his opponent, conjures a wave of thunder that, even though it's accuracy took quite a hit, immobilizes the poor (and mean) Eevee (Probably because she is standing right next to him. Whoops). I'm curious about how Sudafed is going to remove the dirt, but whatever, a tiny bit is starting to scrumble off already!
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-7 EP | + Paralyzed ] - [ Sudafed | -1 HP | -5 EP | -1 Accuracy]

Eevee, shamelessly abusing the impaired vision of the poor duck, starts digging down. However, one of the shockwaves Sudafed just started flinging around in a random way flew pinpointed into the vanishing Tazo's tail. Eh, at least it doesn't hit something critical. Right? Right?
    [ Tazo | -3 HP |-6 EP | + Underground ] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -6 EP | ~]

Things seem to happen in a slower pace now. Probably because absolutely nothing happens at all. Seriously, where the hell did Tazo go? Did she just take an exclusive trip to Narnia without us knowing? That would suck. Anyway, I'll go grab some snacks, while the stony duck manages to execute a pretty cool looking "Just-standing-there-because-there-is-no-enemy-that-I-could-target".
    [ Tazo | -0 HP | -0 EP; -3 EP for staying underground| Can't Move! ] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -0 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • I wouldn't have counted your fourth move anyway dab, so it's fine.
    • As you are able to see in the Descriptionez, it is indeed possible to destroy your surroundings. May that be by accident or in a strategic way. (However, it must be specified that you attack the structure if you don't use some ground-moving attacks)
    • Please, include the String (Tackle ~ Earthquake ~ Toxic for example] at the end of your post. I was not sure if Oslo wanted to do a combo, using Shockwave + Firepunch.
    • Iron Tail was not used, the main reason because Tazo was paralyzed, the second one, because it's not possible to command more than 3 actions. Except you two want more. Doesn't change the result of these round though.
    • One thing I want to point out, I do take a look at the base stats, but not only for speed. If a Pokémon exceeds in one or more specific stats, some nice little additions happen too. For example, Nosepass' Defense/Sp.Defense is pretty high, so damage done is reduced by 1%. (In comparison to Eevee of course, also, the bonus can't get higher then 1%) That's also why Mud Slap did online 1 HP damage instead of 2-3 that would normally occur because of the super effective typing.
    • dabsaww will issue his commands next!
    • If the Eevee decides to stay underground, the Energy it consumes will rise by 3 next action. (Afterwards +4,+5. Five will be added after that. No stalling around.)

Last edited by Puma; 15th June 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

curious as to if the fact that mud slap is super effective was recognized.

Anyway!

Well I suppose your still undergroud, but we can change that, go ahead and come up and hit him hard! Then, let him hit you and use fake tears, and finish with a hyper voice!

Dig*up*~(Nosepass uses second move)Fake Tears~ Hyper Voice (Before Nosepass uses third)

Master Trainer

You're doing well, Sudafed.

If you're faster than Tazo: Magnet Rise ~ Magic Coat ~ Shock Wave
    If you're slower than Tazo: Lock-On ~ DynamicPunch ~ Earthquake

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by dabsaww View Post
    curious as to if the fact that mud slap is super effective was recognized.
    Yes, I did take that into account. (:

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo
    These two charming combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum
    [A structure of enormous size! The use of ground-breaking moves like earth quake or magnitude is not advised, except you want to have fun destroying ancient buildings, that'd be fine with me.]

DQ Time

Rules
    => Two Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when both Pokémon of a trainer fainted.
    => The damage cap is set to 45% by default. If someone doesn't like it that way, he should say that, otherwise it'll stay as it is.

Additions
    => The sky's blue, the ground doesn't seem off. The combatants might stand on even grounds this time!

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 2♣

Alright, grabbed some snacks, I'm ready to continue reffing this battle!
    The trainers shouted their commands, and... well, nothing seems to happen at all. Don't you dare telling me that Eevee is stuck down there again.
    Nevermind, right as I finished these words, Sudafed gets struck by Tazo and launched into the air. The Nosepass however, seems to be focussing on the Eevee, as a little red target appears on it's fur. Oh gawd, things are getting intense! Better grab some more popcorn.
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-6 EP | Locked on! ] - [ Sudafed | -13 HP | -5 EP | ~ ]

Time for the stone duck to get serious. Sudafed's fist start glowing and he slowly approaches Tazo, who seems to be just chillin' there. Bad timing for, uhm, just standing there, as Sudafed punches the now regretting Eevee in the face. Urgh, did you hear that crackling noise? Eevee wants to start crying, however, it doesn't work out too well and it slipped over it's own tears. Didn't EEVEEN know that was possible!
    [ Tazo | -16; -2 HP due to Confusion |-4 EP | Confused (Short)] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -12 EP | ~]

Oh, Eevee, even though it's confused, attempts to sing a beau... OH GOD! THAT IS NOT BEAUTIFUL AT ALL, MAKE IT STOP! Sudafed doesn't seem to be too worried though, probably because of his lack of ears? Anyway, the power of this lil' song entitled "PARALYZED" knocked the Nosepass off it's feet, even more because Eevee seems to be in it's element. Fortunate for him, since he seems to have a lot of fun rolling around the ground. Is this an earth quake I see there? Oh God, no!
    Take cover! Parts of the structure seem to wiggle a bit, a few stones crash down already, hitting the stone duck itself. That was unfortunate. Eevee stumbled around too, faceplanting a few times. It's head feels better though, the short confusion seems to be gone. Also, Tazo is able to move freely again.
    [ Tazo | -10 HP | -7 EP | No longer Confused & Paralysed ] - [ Sudafed | -9 HP; -2 HP due to Arena collapsing | -8 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • The arena seems to be shocked. Not sure how much more damage this thing is going to withstand!
    • Probably wondering about the hyper voice damage. It is not effective, yes, and I did include that in my calculation, but STAB + Adaptability does increase it back to full power.
    • Unless overcome, Eevee will remain under the effect of Lock-On for 3 more actions.
    • Oslo will issue his commands next!

Master Trainer

DynamicPunch ~ Stone Edge ~ DynamicPunch.

If he's ever out of reach because he's underground, switch to Earthquake.
    Last edited by Oslo; 16th June 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: added tildes

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Substitute~Fake Tears~Shadow Ball

Unless Lock-on prevents the substitute from working

In that case

Detect~Yawn~Iron Tail
    Last edited by dabsaww; 16th June 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 3♣

Oh my, oh my, Round 3 already? It feels like I started reffing just a few seconds ago! Anyway, let's get back into the action! Literally, since Nosepass already charges towards Eevee. Once again, Tazo just stands there, open for a massive punch into the face, however, that was all part of his little plan. The Eevee gracefully avoided every single blow Sudafed tried to land. Aw, man, that sucks. And seemed pretty exhausting.
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-12 EP | ~ ] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -13 EP; -3 EP due to repeated efforts to hit | ~ ]

Woah, Nosepass finally gave up punching Tazo. The lil' Eevee seems a bit exhausted too and delivers a tiring yawn. Sudafed doesn't really care about it though, and starts to fling sharp stone into Tazo's direction. It's vision is still a bit blurry, but it managed to hit Tazo in the guts. Ouch, that seemed to hurt quite a lot!
    [ Tazo | -12 HP |-6 EP | ~ ] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -12 EP | Drowsy (2)]

The Nosepass struggles a bit with it's next moves, as it's eyes slowly close. Still enough time to throw out another Dynamicpunch! Eevee, recovered from the shock before, jumped into the air as it's tail started to shine a bit. Seriously? Did it's fur just turn into metal? The two attacks collided, fortunate for little Tazo, the dynamic punch only touched it's body a bit, while the her mighty tail blow landed exactly on her opponent. Also, the target on her fur seems to disappear. So many nice things at once!
    [ Tazo | -8 HP | -7 EP | No longer "Locked-on!" ] - [ Sudafed | -14 HP | -12 EP | Drowsy (1)]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Not much to say about this round, except one thing. "Lock-On!" does NOT prevent Nosepass from missing, the hits before were just really lucky (: However, moves like Double Team, Substitute or similar are not going to irritate it, since the right one is marked.
    • Unless overcome, Nosepass will fall asleep next action.
    • dabsaww will issue his commands next!
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled. (From 3-5 to 6-10 EP per Relax)

Last edited by Puma; 18th June 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Tweaked grammar a bit, everything else is unchanged.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

fling some mud in his eyes once more
    Then slam him with two iron tails
    Mud Slap~Iron Tail~Iron Tail
    Last edited by dabsaww; 17th June 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Master Trainer

Let's get switchical!

Sudafed, I will let you take the Mud-Slap (sry) and then return you to your Pokeball.

Professor Jeremiah Buggenfield, I choose you! He is my shiny male Volbeat with Prankster. Jeremiah, use Counter against each of those Iron Tails. If either of the Iron Tails miss and you have nothing to Counter, go with Focus Punch instead.

Switch ~ Counter (sub: Focus Punch) ~ Counter (sub: Focus Punch)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

You little sneaky Oslo you!

Advanced Trainer

God, did something happen to the server or anything? This site took aaages to load, not gonna lie. However, let's get back to the reffing, shall we?

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 4♣

Back in the league! Last round was a bit exhaustive for Sudafed, so he just stands there. Wait. Is Oslo really issueing his Nosepass to take a super effective hit? Teardrops in my eye. I'll start crying, god damn it. Be strong Sudafed, be strong. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. With that emotional speech being finished, Tazo leaped at Suda, only to throw EVEN MORE mud in it's face. Come on, that is just bullying right there. The Nosepass is getting sucked back into Oslo's Pokéball. He starts grinning. Everything is going according to his plans. Suddenly, a Volbeat starts buzzing around the battlefield. It does sound pretty smart! Sudafed, you will always stay in our hearts. (Locked in at 59 HP, since this is a 2v2, Nosepass will generate 1 EP each action.)
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-8 EP | ~ ] - [ Sudafed | -2 HP | -0 EP | Accuracy down (-1) | Switched out ]

It took Professor Jeremiah Buggenfield only a few seconds to analyze the whole situation. Doctor at work ladies and gentlemen! Tazo is not impressed though, and starts charging at a fast pace once again. It's fur shines in a silver way, and it jumped high into the air, ready to charge the Prof. However, it seems like the Prof just waits for the right moment. Holy, this is getting intense! Right as the tail hit it, Buggenfield grabs it's tails and flings Tazo right at the ground. Buggenfield nods a few times, approving the well-executed move. What a boaster.
    [ Tazo | -15 HP |-7 EP | ~ ] - [ Jeremiah | -6 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

Tazo doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes. She charges again at full speed, only to get knocked down again. However, the Prof. seems to have struggled a bit on this one.
    [ Tazo | -15 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Jeremiah | -7 HP | -10 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Counter-Struggle is there, so you don't start spamming. The chance will go back up the same way it does when you use it twice or more often in a row. (For example, 100% => 90% => 70% => 90% ...)
    • Oslo will issue his commands next!
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled. (From 3-5 to 6-10 EP per Relax)

Last edited by Puma; 21st June 2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Wrote "Sand Force" for Volbeats Ability. Fail.

Master Trainer

Good work, Jeremiah. Go hard with Brick Break, Thunderbolt and Quick Attack. If there are Double Team clones on the field, Shock Wave 'em goodbye. Protect on damage-dealing combos.

Brick Break (sub: Shock Wave/Protect) ~ Thunderbolt (sub: Shock Wave/Protect) ~ Quick Attack (sub: Shock Wave/Protect)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Use endure if your going to faint from the focus punch but otherwise attempt to dodge

Dodge (sub:counter)~ dig~ rest

Advanced Trainer

Wait what. Your String does not make sense at all (:
    Focus punch was not ordered at all (guessing you mean brick-break, ey?)
    You said you wanna use endure if you're going to faint, but write that your sub is counter.

I'll better ask for clarification there. Don't really know what you want now

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

My apologies, I meant to post dodge (sub: endure)

My goal was to attempt to dodge the move but if that fails to use endure!

So the strong would be

Dig(sub:dig/endure)~rest

But only use endure if need be, sorry for the complications

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: First Battle Back (Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: Puma)

I know what you mean alright. Getting this up in a few hours!

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 5♣

We return to this showdown of pure epicness. Even if it's not a showdown at all, it is soon going to be one! Anyway, the trainers shout their commands, and Jeremiah approaches Tazo. Jeremiah starts a mighty punch that sure is going to hurt. Well, it would, but Tazo, waiting for the right moment dodged it just in time. Phew, that was a close one! The Prof. grunts angrily.
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-8 EP | ~ ] - [ Jeremiah | -0 HP | -9 EP | ~

I guess it's not Jeremiah's day, as it places a mighty electroshock right at the just-in-ground-vanished Eevee. Aw man, that would've shattered so many things!
    [ Tazo | -0 HP |-7 EP | + Underground ] - [ Jeremiah | -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

Screw this, the Prof is going for a high priority move now. Well. He would if he had a target. This lil' bugger just won't go down, taking a nap underground.
    [ Tazo | + 30 HP; -21 HP due to fatigue | -40 EP; -3 EP for staying underground | + Asleep ] - [ Jeremiah | -0 HP | -0 EP | ~ ]
    ...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • I'm sorry it took so long. This site just thinks that being "temporarily" unavailable is all the rage
    • dabsaww will issue his commands next (2 Actions)!
    • Tazo, unless overcome, will stay asleep for 15 more actions. This number goes down if she gets hit.
    • Also, Tazo will loose -4 EP for staying underground next action, for every action afterwards, she'll lose -5 EP.

Last edited by Puma; 22nd June 2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added Sleep. Of course you are asleep when you Rest.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Rest~relax

If he manages to find a method of hurting you, or healing, dig up and yawn

Dig+yawn combo

Advanced Trainer

So, there you go. I did look it over again, and dabsaww, you have the possibility to re-issue your commands, since I forgot to put the "Sleep" Condition into the whole thing. Pretty dumb, but yeah, I did.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Hrm, 6 EP is a really, really low EP cost for Rest, don't do you think? You'd think it would be at least a few times more than that for a 30 HP heal.

Advanced Trainer

It is, yes. My rest works like that, it takes all remaining EP away, so you lose 2 actions + get damage for every move you do. Also, Deep Slumber, for ~15 actions is a big negative part too. However, that Eevee is underground, sleeping is a bit unfortunate. She does get a lot of damage for being there though now.

I have to say, I didn't really think that formula through, because most people will use Rest at low ep/hp anyway. I edit it now, though it won't change too much. (:

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I guess just dig up and yawn whenever you wake up!
    Dig up~yawn (assuming I emerge from slumber)

Master Trainer

Switching back to Sudafed, whom I will release directly above where Tazo is burrowing.

Sudafed, use a Richter Overload combo (Earthquake + Magnitude)! Try to send the waves downward as opposed to outward so we don't wreck the stadium.

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    dabsaww vs. Oslo

Arena
    => The Roman Colosseum

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 6♣

Let's continue that battle, shall we? Oslo decides to switch his pokemon out, because a more or less flying bug can't do anything against... well, the ground. Sudafed is released once more, seeing better than before! He's totally up to rock this battle now for sure.
    Tazo in the meanwhile, not knowing about the incoming danger, decides to sleep a bit longer underground. What a relaxing turn!
    [ Tazo | -3 HP due to fatigue | -5 EP for staying underground | ~ ] - [ Jeremiah | -0 HP | -0 EP | Switched out! (Sudafed) ]

Time to get rolling! As Tazo lets another round go past, Nosepass starts jumping around. Curious what Sudafed is trying to do now. It seems to channel energy, continueing to shake the ground. OH GOD NO EARTHQU... Wait. I don't feel a thing! The waves seem to disappear right around Sudafed. Oh, I see! They go downwards, right into Eevee's direction! That must have hurt a lot, considering the precise combo. Critical Hit! Eevee's vision begins to blur underneath the enormous power of the combined quakes. Holy. Tazo fainted. We have to interrupt the round, as some people come to dig it out. It returns to it's Pokéball. One down, one more to go!
    [ Tazo | -34 HP; -2 HP due to fatigue | -5 EP for staying underground | Knocked out! ] - [ Sudafed | -0 HP | -27 EP | Magnitude 7! ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • dabsaww will release his Pokémon next, Oslo will issue his commands afterwards!!
    • So, some explaining to do in advance. How does a crit occur? Well, I don't do crits. At least not normally. A few moves have higher critical chance, these might crit, however, if a combo or move is executed in a critical way, or was ordered and executed perfect, that could cause a crit too.
    • For the energy consumption of combos, I usually double the energy cost of the stronger move. (Like, let's say for example, Earthquake costed 10 EP and Magnitude 5, we double Earthquake so we come to a total of 25 EP cost.)

Last edited by Puma; 1st July 2013 at 08:33 AM.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I release Vox the male Oshawott with Torrent

Master Trainer

Begin with Thunderbolt. Then hit him with a Volt Switch which we will use to bring Jeremiah back into play. Jeremiah, hit hard with a Giga Drain.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hydro Pump ~ Protect ~ Ice Beam

Try to freeze Jeremiah solid...