Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref: Oslo)

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref: Oslo)

Awesome, my first Challenge as a gym leader! :3

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    Zap Apple Orchard

Located next to an ominous and dark forest, the zap apple orchard is densely populated with a number of dark, purple-barked trees with no leaves.
    These trees, however, aren’t ordinary trees. These trees are what are called “Zap Apple” Trees. They only bear fruit once a year, and go through 5 stages to do so. The best part is, these trees are magical!
    And Highly Electrified!
    Seriously, don’t touch these things. They’ll cause a wicked shock that even Ground types can feel (about the same as a thunderbolt, including the chance for paralysis).
    Lightning from Direct contact with the trees is also laced with magic, so any abilities such as "lightningrod" or "Volt Absorb" are ignored with direct contact. The spark pulses of electricity that occur each round, however, are not laced with magic, so they don't ignore abilities or typing.

There are the various stages (or “signs”) that the zap apple trees must go through to bear fruit. Each sign lasts about 3 rounds, with the first one starting at the beginning.

1st sign: Wolves (beginning of 1st round – end of 3rd round) – During the first stage, various Canine pokemon will appear on the scene and begin to howl. If these wolves are disturbed during their howling, they’ll attack! Otherwise, not much else goes on during this stage. The wolves will leave at the end of the 3rd round.

2nd sign: Zap Apple Leaves (beginning of 4th round - end of 6th round) – During the round that this stage begins, a sudden strong wind begins to blow (about the strength of a gust) that mildly damages both pokemon, and the skies are covered with dark clouds. At the beginning of the 5th round, the zap apple trees will spark, sending out a mild pulse of electricity (the equivalent of spark), and the trees will sprout leaves in the blink of an eye!

3rd sign: Murkrows and Flowers (beginning of 7th round - end of 9th round)– Another sudden gust of wind will begin to blow, just like the previous round, but now a flock of murkrow will fly throughout the skies to herald the coming of this stage. If the Murkrows are disturbed, they’ll rain a flurry of attacks upon both battlers. During the 8th round, the zap apple trees will begin to spark once more, sending out another mild pulse of electricity (just like the previous round). Glowing teal flowers will blossom throughout all the trees, and the murkrow will leave at the end of the 9th round.

4th sign: Meteor Shower (beginning of 10th round - end of 12th round) – No sudden gust of wind this time. However, at the beginning of this stage, a meteor shower begins. Each meteor is about the size of a basketball, and they will hurt if they manage to hit you (chance to hit a pokemon each turn (equivalent of rock throw) = 20%). During the 11th round, the trees will once again begin to spark, sending out yet another pulse of electricity. The glowing teal flowers will burst, and a grey apple will replace each one. These are the zap apples in the unripe stage. Remember, these apples are magical, so don’t even think of trying to pick one of them, yet.

5th sign: Rainbows and Ripening (beginning of 13th round - end) – At the beginning of this stage, a lightning storm will appear, lasting until the end of the second round of this stage. This storm acts just like a regular lightning storm would (rain included), but the magic of the orchard prevents the storm from being dispelled by any abilities or moves.
    At the beginning of the third round of the stage, the clouds will all disappear with a flash, and a rainbow will appear short after. The trees will give off one last pulse of electricity (this time being the equivalent of “thunderbolt”), and the grey apples will begin to glow. Each of the grey apples will transform into an apple that has the colors of the rainbow. These are the zap apples in their ripe form. Eating one of these apples will cause a random effect on the consumer (could be good, could be bad. Up to the ref’s discretion). Each pokemon can only eat 3 apples, however, before they will become immune to any effects.
    The 5th sign will last until the end of the battle.

Move Tutor: Volt Tackle!
    This move can only be learned by pokemon who participate in the battle and can learn the moves "Thunder" and "quick attack/extremespeed"

Badge:

The Zapple Badge
    Many thanks to Cynder for the badge design. It looks great :3

Battle Theme: Fighting is Magic: Applejack's Theme
    This will be a 4v4 single battle with no DQ as per gym rules.

Take to the field, my first pokemon: Rosalinda!

Female Gardevoir
    @Trace
    *Knows Quiver Dance*

Release and command, Techy, and let this battle begin!
    Last edited by BTPoke; 1st August 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref Needed)

Damn it, I thought your gym was still under construction! Not going to ref, but going to watch. Closely. I study every move you execute BT... EVERY SINGLE ONE. AND THEN I WILL CHALLENGE YOU WITH THE ULTIMATE STRATEGY! HAAAAAA!
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Elite Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref Needed)

Yeah, I thought so too, until DL told me otherwise xD

And can't wait, Puma. It'll be a fun one >:3

Smell ya later! Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Well Victor, it's your time to shine!

Victor
    @Rough Skin

Rosalinda won't be an easy opponent, but I have faith in you! Use Stealth Rock to cripple whatever Pokemon he sends in, followed by a Swords Dance to raise your offenses. Finish with a Crunch for major damage. If he tries to use Magic Coat or Snatch, use Crunch instead.

Stealth Rock ~ Swords Dance ~ Crunch
    Sub: Crunch on a Magic Coat or Snatch

Vs. Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Elite Trainer

phht. Rosalinda, use Taunt. Tell him his mother's a Sand Whale.

Next we'll have you use Reflect, and then use Ice Punch to show up that Crunch.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

>.> ....Must..resist...

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

AH'LL REF YOU GUYS

Will have it up later tonight or, that failing, tomorrow.

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

DQ TIME:n/a
    BANNED:n/a
    MISC.:LOSER TO BE PUBLICLY EXECUTED

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND ONE •

Ahoy, merry ASBers, and welcome to what is sure to be a super-duper-omg-crazy-as-balls Gym battle! Today, Gym Leader BTPoke is here to defend his turf against *dun dun dun* challenger Techy! As this is BTPoke's first Gym battle as a GL and Techy's first Gym battle period, this is sure to be good fun, so I'mma just shut up now and let the violence begin. Whoo!• POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

• At 0 EP, Pokemon will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed
    • Unless overcome, Victor's Taunt will remain in effect for three more actions
    • Unless overcome, Rosalinda's Reflect will remain in effect for four more actions
    TEAM BTPOKE to command next

Elite Trainer

Rosalinda, lock eyes with that thing and use Hypnosis! If they try to close their eyes, use telekinesis to lock them in place and open their eyes and THEN use Hypnosis. Next, just use Dream Eater once before spamming Icy Wind. If the hypnosis somehow fails even with the telekinesis, use Icy Wind instead of Dream Eater.

Hypnosis/Telekinesis+Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater/Icy Wind ~ Icy Wind

Junior Trainer

Garchomp, use Brick Break to get rid of that Reflect, then if you can, use Sleep Talk twice, but if you can't due to taunt, use Snore twice. If Hypnosis misses, use Crunch twice.

Brick Break ~ Sleep Talk/Snore/Crunch ~ Sleep Talk/Snore/Crunch

Vs. Seeker
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND TWO •
    • POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

TEAM TECHY to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 2nd August 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Junior Trainer

Sleep Talk until awake ~ Swords Dance ~ Crunch remaining actions

Sub: If taunted, skip Swords Dance.
    Sub: If another reflect gets put up, use Brick Break (if awake).

Vs. Seeker

Elite Trainer

First thing, use Wish. Then spam Icy wind until it wakes up.

When it DOES wake up, snatch that Swords Dance and start spamming Ice Punches instead.

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND THREE •
    • POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

Elite Trainer

so when will the wish come into effect?
    Last edited by BTPoke; 3rd August 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Master Trainer

I was thinking three actions after it's used, so at the beginning of the next round.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref: Oslo)

Quickly, Rosalinda, spam ice punch. Dodge any and all attacks as best as you can.

If he decides to use any super effective move, use Quiver Dance while dodging the first one (and only the first one).
    If they try any status moves, use Magic Coat.
    If they try any stat buffs, use Snatch.

Junior Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Breaking the Light Spectrum With Apples! Techy vs. BTPoke! (Ref: Oslo)

Dig Down ~ (Nothing) ~ Dig Up + Crunch

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND FOUR •
    Strong winds rise in the clearing and ROSALINDA [-4 HP] is the only one around to notice.

• POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

TEAM TECHY to release and command next

Junior Trainer

Rats! Anyways.. I choose...

Lord Lizardon
    @Overgrow

Use a Quick Attack + X-Scissor combo, which will hopefully bring him down, then relax.

If he protects, use Swords Dance, then the combo.

Quick Attack + X-Scissor ~ Relax
    If he uses protect: [Swords Dance ~ Quick Attack + X-Scissor]

Vs. Seeker

Elite Trainer

well

Rosalinda, hope the lightning doesn't faint you and use Shadow Sneak to dodge.

Next, use a good ol' pain split to get you back up to moderately-tip top shape.

Finally, an ice punch should bring them down a notch or two.

Junior Trainer

Well...

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

TEAM TECHY
    xooo

LORD LIZARDON
    m
    overgrow
    TEAM BTPOKE
    oooo

ROSALINDA
    f
    rough skin

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    100 HP EP 100
    14 HP EP 40
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

S.RK • -1 DEF • +2 ATT

quick attack + x-scissor
    relax

shadow sneak
    pain split
    ice punch

• ROUND FIVE •
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    LORD LIZARDON
    -4 HP HAZARD
    -2 HP ROUGH SKIN
    -8 EP
    With Victor incapacitated, it'll be interesting to see what Techy has up his sleeve next! There's another flash of red and a leafy lizard waddles into action. Welp, it's a step down from a land shark on the intimidation scale, but he might still be packing some heat nonetheless. Suddenly, the Zap Apple Trees shoot off a quick and ferocious blast of electricity, damaging the newcomer mildly (Electric resistance ftw) and bringing Rosalinda a tad closer to defeat... but she holds on! Gurl just won't die. Lord Lizardon narrows his eyes and, judging by the look of things, he intends to change that. Arms raised like scythes, he sprints toward Rosalinda to land a kill shot. Rosalinda tries to dodge, but her foe's agility is too much for her. Lord Lizardon's leaves rip into her like a hot knife through dairy-free butter substitute and bring her to defeat. RIP, Spiteful Butt Rosalinda. RIP.
    ROSALINDA
    -7 HP HAZARD
    -7 HP

2ND SIGN: ZAP APPLE LEAVES

• POST-ROUND •

TEAM TECHY
    xooo

LORD LIZARDON
    m
    overgrow
    TEAM BTPOKE
    xooo

ROSALINDA
    f
    rough skin

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    94 HP EP 92
    0 HP EP 40
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

N/A

S.RK • -1 DEF • +2 ATT

NOTES:

• Priority tie is broken by base Speed and Grovyle is (strangely) faster than Gardevoir by a semi-decent margin
    TEAM BTPOKE to release and command next
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 22nd November 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Elite Trainer

-.-

One of these days, I swear to god I will have a moment of badassery (or spiteful buttness, whichever comes first) in this arena!

Alright, come on out, Venus!

Male
    @Chlorophyll

First thing, use toxic until it hits! Then, spam Venoshock!

If they try anything that would make poison for them impossible for the entire round, just use Stockpile instead.

Junior Trainer

Allright L.L.! Show 'em your swagger, then take the toxic in the face and spam facade.

Swagger ~ Facade x2

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND SIX •
    LORD LIZARDON [-3 HP] takes some Toxic damage. It only gets worse from here, kiddo.

• POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

TEAM TECHY to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 5th August 2013 at 08:19 PM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

::One hand pumps shotgun:: I likes me sum executin'!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

So does this mean Darkly is our...

...Exeggutor? lolololol

(Spoiler:) i will show myself out thank you
    Last edited by Oslo; 5th August 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Junior Trainer

Facade ~ Acrobatics ~ Facade

Vs. Seeker

Elite Trainer

mmk, gonna switch in to

Tyler
    Male Haunter
    @Levitate

Take the acrobatics and use Hypnosis, then use Venoshock.

This gecko's gonna be stingin'

Junior Trainer

Well...

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND SEVEN •
    Another gust of wind kicks up. It combined with the Toxic deal a double whammy to LORD LIZARDON [-5 HP; -6 HP] while TYLER [-4 HP] only has to deal with the wind.

• POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

Last edited by Oslo; 6th August 2013 at 05:21 PM.

Elite Trainer

start with a dream eater and start spamming Venoshock. He's not gonna last much longer.

If he switches in to anything immune to toxic (I.E. a steel or poison type), use Will-o-wisp instead and spam fire punch (if it's a steel type) or just spam Psychic (if it's a poison type).

If he switches in to anything NOT immune to toxic, use toxic and THEN spam venoshock.

Junior Trainer

Sleep talk till awake, then spam Crunch.

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND EIGHT •
    • POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

TEAM TECHY to release and command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 7th August 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Junior Trainer

I choose...

Techy
    @Sturdy

Metal Sound ~ Lock-On ~ Zap Cannon

Sub: Magic Coat anything you can.

Vs. Seeker

Elite Trainer

Better hold on to your computer so it doesn't go out the window for this one.

I'm gonna go for another switch in to

Veronica
    Female Jolteon
    @(remember this part, kiddies) Volt Absorb

Use heal bell on haunter to wake him up, and then use Double Kick.

Junior Trainer

Don't worry, my computer is already being smashed by cars on the ground.

Vs. Seeker

Master Trainer

TEAM TECHY
    vs.
    TEAM BTPOKE

• PRE-ROUND •

• ROUND NINE •
    • POST-ROUND •

NOTES:

• When Tyler is released next, he will no longer be under the effects of Sleep
    Last edited by Oslo; 7th August 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Elite Trainer

Mud Slap ~ Rock Smash ~ Mud Slap

If they try switching in to a pokemon that's immune to those moves, spam Thunder