♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Final Fantasy: Darkness Descends [Sign Ups]

FINAL FANTASY
    Darkness Descends

If only it were so simple,
    to cruise through life smelling roses;
    but the obstacles blacken the countryside,
    and we unwittingly crush them beneath our boots.

Dreams sustain us through the madness;
    goals give a finish line to our race.
    Yet they change with every turn, around every wall,
    and remain elusive throughout the quest.

Mistakes are made, and regrets are our luggage;
    we will drag them with us to slow us down.
    The victories are flashes of light, sudden and unlasting, which allow us
    to glimpse the road ahead before darkness descends.

Love is bitter, yet it is the bread that keeps us.
    Over and over it fills us up, only to starve us.
    The people whom we love shape our destinies and our strengths,
    yet leave us cold and alone in the darkness.

There are others trying to race to the end;
    occasionally, we bump into one or two.
    The bonds we form help us down the path less lonely
    but eventually, we lose each other in the darkness.

Alone is not a bad way to be;
    it clears your head and focuses you on the journey.
    Cherish the short intervals during the quest you have with others,
    but be prepared to walk alone in the darkness.

Long ago, it was said that a Summoner by the name of Yuna banished the creature Sin from this world. The Calm came then; one that was said to be everlasting. Though it only lasted for three years, in reality; until the now High-Summoner Yuna was forced to come to Spira’s rescue once more. But this time, from an undead threat that had long been tormented. It was then that the continent known as Spira and all its people began to get along. Governments formed alliances, and the everlasting Calm did exactly what it was meant to do.
    Last seemingly forever.

It has been four hundred long years since Yuna and her Guardians saved our world for a second time. We have continued to live in peace with each other. Every uprising has been peacefully subsided, each near outbreak of war avoided and put to rest. Temples of the ancient Yevonites crumble as we become more advanced, and forget the old ways. It has taken us four hundred years to completely forget the horrors that Sin and the undead Shuyin once brought upon us.

We live on a planet named Gaia, though this is not often mentioned. It is not strange that our continent, though it is vast and supreme, isn’t the only one on our fair Gaia. Across the sea there lies another. Like us, they have been forged into a vast alliance. Ivalice is what they call their lands. Aggressive would be a kind way of expressing their leader’s personality. He sees us only as a nuisance; and honestly, we think of him and his followers as the same.
    His name is Vayne Solidor, the Emperor of Ivalice, a continent about the same size as ours. Though he and our leader, the High Maestress Yunalesca (named after the first summoner to defeat Sin) have agreed on peace, everyone can feel the tension. Our warships patrol our borders constantly, and it is even rumoured that war machina have been produced.
    I am a firm believer that war has merely been suspended by this treaty, not avoided.

Oh, do forgive my rudeness. My name is Maechen, and I am a scholar. For a very long time, I have recorded the history of Spira both on paper, in spheres, and in my mind. Although at this moment in time, I am not in Spira, and nor am I in Ivalice.

I am on a newly discovered continent that has no real name, for both the Emperor and the High Maestress discovered it at the same time. Both myself, and the settlers from both sides have found this place to have a different feel to it. Magicks of all varieties are here; entwining themselves around each other and those who have newly arrived. At points, the feeling is grand, and powerful. Something to be admired and respected. While other times, in other areas, particularly around the coastal mountains and central forest, it feels horrid and evil.
    I fear the darker feeling has been spreading. The creatures all around have become violent, and the mortality rate is rising. People have become aggressive, especially the leaders. Both on the island, and off…

Darkness is descending upon us… I can only hope that High-Summoner Yuna hears my prayers for peace. Before it is too late.

~Maechen

Maechen died two days later in a night raid believed to be carried out by the Ivalice Empire. Emperor Solidor denied any responsibility for the act. That afternoon, the High-Maestress met with the Emperor. It was there that Spiran friendly forces (including the Maestress) were attacked, leaving the Empire relatively unharmed in the action. The war that had been avoided for four hundred years had begun.

As the Warship Auron escaped the Ivalice capital of Archades, the massive and powerful 7th fleet of the Empire made a swift and crippling attack on the New Home City, situated on Bikinel island.

Bevelle, the rival capital of Archades, revealed its new weapons about a week later. Long-ranged missile-Machina were unleashed, flattening the fortress and metropolis of Nalbina. It was believed that Emperor Solidor’s child was visiting Nalbina at the time, prompting this horrendous attack.

Now the war turns to the un-named continent. Rich with resources that could ultimately decide who wins this tragic war, the settlers of this place nervously wait as the horizon becomes thick with the shadows of airships.

DARKNESS DESCENDS

Yay! It returns! One of my older RPGs that I think deserves another chance. And its not invite only anymore (yaaayy~)!

Reserved
    Pokemon Luver
    Dr.McNinja

Name:
    Race: Any race from Spira or Ivalice
    Appearance: Depends on which continent you're from, concerning the clothes anyway.
    Personality:
    Weapon Style: Spira or Ivalice?
    Weapon Type:
    Weapon: its looks.
    History:
    Other:

Name: Selene Raminas
    Race: Human
    Origin: Ivalice
    Appearance: Selene is a rather attractive girl. Her body is slender and built for agility, to complete the ideal bodily look her skin is pale, but a beautiful moonlight pale, without so much as a scratch on it. Her hair is a light blond colour, long, and cut nicely to frame her face while the rest if tied into a loose ponytail with a deep blue ribbon (basically layered). Her eyes are a deep, mystical blue colour that tends to sparkle when she's intrigued or happy. She stands about 5'6'' (so added on >.>).
    She wears a dark burgundy tank top with a turtleneck collar with a silver zipper running down the middle. It is always done completely up, and is overlapped with a mainly black vest that appears to be made out of leather. It too, has no sleeves, with a high collar and a v-neck design revealing more of her lovely sweater-ish tank top. The collar that flips over long the lower part of the v-neck is leather-brown, along with the complete inside of the jacket, and the two semi-large pockets with silver zippers. She also wears semi-tight shorts that are relatively... short. Tied around her left thigh is a black leather holster that holds Calypso. Her boots are black, with silver buckles and black straps that come up three quarters on her lower-leg. She has a deep blue cape thrown over her shoulder that bares the Ivalice Crest (Two light-blue meteors like objects twirling around each other until the heads touch just barely at the top), the cape is also clipped on by a brown piece of leather.
    All around, Selene is a fairly attractive woman who usually has a slightly curious and confident expression on her face.
    Personality: Selene, though she doesn't know it, has two dominant traits from her mother and father. From her mother, is an unwillingness back down, and accept an outcome that doesn't fit her liking; which can also be called stubborn. The trait she inherited from her father is a little less direct. It's the ability to manipulate, be secretive and lie. Selene inherited the dark trait of selfishness. Though she won't openly flaunt it around, as she hides it behind a selfless, positive (yet stubborn) attitude, usually she's looking out for herself.
    Weapon Style: Ivalice
    Weapon Type: Firearm (Pistol Design)
    Weapon: Calypso is a silver coloured pistol with an elongated muzzle. Engraved in blue on the sides is an elegant picture of waves with a demonic looking sea-serpent leaping out and wrapping itself around the beige handle.
    History: Preferring to keep her history to herself, Selene states that she’s from Rabanastre, the capital city of Dalmasca. The city itself is dizzyingly large, with buildings that tower over the inhabitants. Selene will talk about how the Seeq, and most of the Bangaa were locked down in the lower city, a show of racism enforced not only be the horrid Imperial guards that line every pathway and door, but by the government itself. Though it bothers her a bit, the Archadian way has rubbed off on the Dalmascan, the sight of another race locked below with little food and clean water really fails to get at her anymore. She wishes to change it, but knows she’ll fail.
    She was also at Nalbina three days before the Spiran missile strike. She remembers seeing the smaller 9th fleet of Archadia docked there while they loaded up on supplies. This all more of her recent history, but she loved Nalbina and its culture. Hearing that it had been destroyed makes her boil at the thought of Spira winning this war.
    Other: She has deadly accuracy with her gun.
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 17th November 2008 at 11:20 PM.

The real Shonta Moderator

Default Re: Final Fantasy: Darkness Descends [Sign Ups]

I'll give this a shot. My signup will be posted later. But first, what's the difference between Ivalice and Spira weapons?
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

WHEEEEE *digs up old signup* Much love for Darkness Descends. XD *smushles Sirius and Adair into little pieces*

Name: Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfræn [sɪɹɪʊs fə stəɹl də famfɹe:n] – This is for you magical people who can read IPA. ^_^ For those normal folk whose brains explode upon looking at the IPA, I give you the layman’s pronunciation guide: [Si-ri-us fer St-url de Famf-rain]
    Race: Hume
    Appearance: Sirius is almost constantly clad in a pair of extremely flattering black leather pants which are somewhat tight-fitting around the arse area. He knows that he’s sexy, and the pants just prove his somewhat arrogant nature. They’re long enough to almost cover his boots, but he tucks the surplus material into the wide tops so that it bunches attractively, tightening at his shapely calves.
    Slung diagonally across his hips is a wide, brown leather belt from which hangs the scabbard for Durrendal. (see: sword, hurhurhur) This scabbard is rather long, as it obviously has to be, since the sword (hurhur) is 42 inches long, and it’s in hardened brown leather, strapped to Sirius’s waist via a complex series of slender belts.
    Sirius prefers to go shirtless at all times, but for the sake of decency, and to save all the buxom lasses swooning every time they see him, he deigns to wear a light cotton shirt dyed in a dark hue of red/purple. He never fastens his shirt all the way to the neck, preferring to leave it open halfway down his chest, only fastening the bottom three silver buttons. The sleeves of his shirt are baggy and loose, to allow as much air to flow around his tanned skin as possible.
    Sirius has a dark complexion from almost constant exposure to the sun while flying his airship. (The sun’s brighter above the clouds, ya know. XD)
    Sirius is taaall, standing at just over 6’4”, although his sturdy boots probably add a few inches to the height. His hair is sun-bleached blonde at the tips, once again from spending hours at the helm, but the bits that the sun didn’t reach are dark brown. His hair is cut short to keep it out of his eyes, but it’s not so short that he has a crew cut. Oh no. It spikes ever-so-slightly on the top, and curls around his ears and at the nape of his neck. If Sirius ever let his hair grow, and he has done that at times, it falls in beautiful brown curls.
    His eyes are the most soulful dark brown, topped by long lashes which girls would kill for. He has this look, like a kicked puppy. If he turns those eyes on any girl, they’ll melt in a second and do whatever the hell he wants them to.
    Personality: Sirius is, first and foremost, a charmer. It’s like charm was built into his genetic code or something, it comes so naturally to him. He loves words and the way beautiful prose or poetry feels in his mouth, and he’s been a book lover ever since he was old enough to read. Coming from a rich and influential family as he did, he had access to a gigantic library from as far back as he can remember, and this is probably what spawned his love of words and literature.
    He has a delicate turn of phrase and a soft way of speaking, but although he never raises his voice, he almost always commands attention from anyone nearby. It could be something to do with his voice, which is like rich melted chocolate, (This analogy is more commonly applied by me to the English VA for Sephiroth in Advent Children. Oh GOD his voice… x_x) or it could simply be his huge amount of charisma, or his utmost gallantry towards ladies at all times.
    He has perfect manners and out of long practice acts like a true gentleman. Which is strange, when you consider that he’s actually a pirate of the skies.
    For all his impeccable manners, there’s something of impatience in Sirius. He’s been known to make snap decisions without really thinking about the consequences; he doesn’t have any patience with anyone he sees as stupid or narrow-minded, and he especially hates being forced into doing something he doesn’t want to do. Which is the single huge reason for his pirating.
    Anyone who doesn’t know him well enough would automatically assume that he’s an arrogant bastard, which is true, in a way. He knows exactly how gorgeous he is, and he plays to that strength at all times.
    History: Born into the extremely wealthy and influential de Famfræn family, Sirius was raised by nannies and various servants, and only saw his parents at the evening meal, which were so stuffily formal that he might as well not have seen them at all.
    He had a series of tutors who drilled him daily in languages, manners and other lordly pursuits, such as hunting and the like. Most of his free time was spent in the library, alone, reading stories of sky pirates and adventurers and fair maidens with a slight tinge of bitterness that their lives were so much more interesting than his.
    When he was 18, and right in the middle of being primed for the taking over of all the estates and riches of the de Famfræn family, he was overcome by an urge, an impulse, a need to escape this life of immense dullness. So he ran away from home, sure that his parents wouldn’t even notice his absence for at least a day, giving him an excellent head-start. Being an intelligent boy, he had the sense to take with him a very large sum of money. Enough, indeed, to purchase himself an airship and a crew. On the maiden voyage, he christened the ship “Wolfstar” and quaffed a pitcher of wine on her hull, spilling the rest upon her decks for luck.
    For three years after, Sirius made an excellent living pirating, raiding and generally being a scurvy knave, along with first-mate Adair, who came along for the ride shortly after his first voyage. (see: A Brief Exercise in Braggadocio for details of this meeting).
    Weapon Style: FFXII
    Weapon Type: One-handed sword
    Weapon: Sirius uses a longsword, which he calls Durrendal, and its blade is approximately 42 inches in length, with a further 13 inches of hilt wrapped tightly in deep red leather strips to provide a good grip. As a pommel stone, Durrendal has a blood red ruby about the size of an egg set firmly in a mythril holder.
    The entire longsword is made of mythril, but the metal was treated when it was forged so that it shimmers with black, instead of the usual bright silvery-colour of mythril.
    Etched all the way along the blade is a design of ivy and trailing plants which branch off the deep blood-channel which runs down the centre of Durrendal to the tip, where it splits the point in two. These etchings are in a red as deep as the ruby pommel, which contrasts beautifully with the black of the blade.
    Other: “well, at least your sword is to the point”… Disclaimer. Sirius may or may not be based on a character meshing of Balthier Bunansa and Giacamo Casanova. (Pronounced Jackamo, damn Italians ><)
    Sorry he's not gay, for any of you people who enjoy my gay characters. (probably no-one except Wennford ;_; )
    Also, spot the yaoi references XD *giggles smuttily*
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 24th November 2008 at 07:57 AM.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Weasel Overlord: Zomg yay! Sirius! : D Missed him muchly *nods* approved.

Classy_cat: To see the differences, I suggest you look up FFX weapons and have another window open to FFXII weapons. In my opinion Spira's weapons are far more fantasy style while Ivalice has a realistic touch to them.

Elite Trainer

Yeah, the Spira weapons tend to be more brightly coloured - they'll have elements on the blades (if it's got a fire element, there'll be flames etc.), and they don't have things like guns or machinery (machina) as weapons. Those're Ivalice.

Like CT said, Ivalice ones look like actual weapons, for the most part. I can put links to Ivalice weapons in here, if you like. And possibly Spira ones too, if I can find them.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Eh? Spira has guns, remember the warrior monks? They had rifles, and Measter Kinoc has a fancy pistol. But they still retain the colorful fantasy-like traits of Spira XD. The firearms just aren't as popular, but even Yuna uses the gun in X-2. :3

Of course. I should've known that after all the FFTA I played.

I'm doing two characters! Couldn't decide what to play as.

Name: Nii (short for Niosa) Tiera
    Race: Al Bhed
    Origin: Spira
    Appearance: Nii stands at 5'2", with a slim yet slightly muscular build and tanned skin. An unusual trait of hers is her white hair that is clipped very short so that she looks more like a boy. She has the spiral eyes of her race, which are sometimes behind her pair of black goggles. The goggles are worn around her neck when not in use. There are a pair of twisting blue lines that are tattooed on her arms, trailing down from the shoulders to the wrists and ending in spirals on the back of her hands.
    This Al Bhed wears a navy blue sleeveless shirt that hugs her form, as well as baggy black pants that tuck into her blue work boots. She wears a pair of black, fingerless gloves and carries around a heavy messenger bag that holds essential tools as well as other essential items.
    Personality: Niosa is a carefree spirit during times of peace, including when she's knee-deep in her work. But others seem to notice that she's a lot friendlier towards machina than people. She goes ecstatic over any piece of tech, and has a knack for repairing machina no matter how big and complex they are. She tends to be mistrusting toward other people since she has experienced discrimination in the past. Although not bloodthirsty, she does see battle as a break in routine. During battle she gets very excited and will play with her enemies a little. Despite the war, she treats everyone equally. Once she warms up to someone, she'll consider herself their "guardian" and will help them with repairs. She almost always speaks in her Al Bhed language although she'll correct herself if she's not understood.
    Weapon Style: Spira
    Weapon Type: Rifle
    Weapon: Simply named Vena ("fire" in Al Bhed), her rifle is red with black barrels. The ammo that Niosa makes for it with items that she finds/buys/steals is elemental and packs a powerful punch.
    History: Niosa's home was the beautiful New Home City, where she was born and raised in a family of salvagers. She spent a lot of time with her older brother, who found his own airship and gathered his own crew for a job as a merchant, importing and exporting goods. Recently they had been on Gaia, roaming the land in search of new goods. Nii's brother and most of the crew left for New Home in time for the attack. It's unknown whether they escaped death.
    Other:
    - Nii has salvaged something important as well, a robot-like machina she has named Kumas ("Golem" in Al Bhed). It's blue and yellow in color, and is only a couple of inches taller than her. Right now it does little more than follow her around but she thinks that it's capable of something more since she hasn't fully fixed it yet. The strange energy in the air has caused it to have brief moments of weirdness, usually having it go off on its own.
    - Refers to herself in the third person.

I have another character in mind but I'll have it up tomorrow, or later tonight.
    Last edited by classy_cat18; 17th November 2008 at 09:46 PM.
    Random Quote:

Beside Myself Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm interested in resigning up for this but can I wait till everyone else has posted their sign-ups first before making my character? :x *twiddles thumbs*

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?
    fangirling is my real day job

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I am also reserving! I need to think carefully about my choices. *ponders along side Wenny*

OH OH and WEAS, I appreciate your lovely male and male friends. xD
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Advanced Trainer

Classy_cat18: Accepted! :3 I am curious to see what Kumas is really capable of.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai: Lol. You can wait... Didn't you do that last time? o.o;

Bulbasaur4: Saved! ^^

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ello all. ^^

Niah ha I present Adair in all his... unsteadiness.

Name: Adair Stroud
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Long light brown hair that is as straight as an arrow when he let's it out of his tail. Just as well as some strands are always free draping next to his face. His skin is very tanned as he spends practically all his time outdoors. Thin sideburns reach down to just past the edge of his jaw. Almost always has sunglasses on, behind which are rich brown eyes that are nearly always filled with humour. A smirk or smile, choose which offends you less, is most often on his face. Like he is privileged to the best joke in the world and no one else gets it.
    He is 6'0 and walks with a slight swagger, but not one to make him look cool. He looks exceptionally odd in fact and gets many looks by people wondering just what he's on. The more pleased he is, the more pronounced the swagger. He wears a loose light green silk shirt and dark canvas pants of an indeterminate dark hue. It could be brown, green or black; no one is quite sure, not even him. A frayed, thin trench coat dirty dark brown in colour with many pockets is over his shirt. All the buttons but the very top one is missing. A light green bandana covers his hair and he has one crystal blue ring on his left pinkie. He has a navy blue sash and his long sword is kept on his back so he has the strap going across his chest. His fiddle is kept on a case hanging from his waist and he wears leather boots with a small heel.
    Personality: Very cavalier and selfish. He almost always has his own goals in mind, even if he saves your life, there is probably some way he can profit from it. He doesn't quite lie, but nearly everything he tells you is a half-truth. Any honest words are so muddled in amongst his tales that you'd be lucky to pick them out of the verbal jumble.
    Consistently cheerful, even when the shit is hitting the fan, he can say something that will at least make you roll your eyes. He has no problem screaming in a most ridiculous manner, and diving, rolling and any number of stunts during a fight. It adds up to be very distracting to his opponent and anyone who watches him fight realizes how useful this madness can be. He also has absolutely no problem running away from a fight. Not quite a coward, but he'd avoid fights whenever possible.
    He often throws in long/eloquent/not often heard words into everyday speech just to confuse people as he thinks it funny. He'll flirt with women but it's often nothing more then words, as he just can't be bothered with all the responsibility with getting too close. For all his flippancy he has a high sense of honour and when he thinks its necessary will stand and fight for what he believes in. Well . . . usually.
    Weapon Type: Longsword
    Weapon: The blade is three and quarter feet long and half a foot wide. The sword is only sharpened on one side. It curves slightly but noticeably from pommel to tip. The top unsharpened part cuts down halfway through the blade so the end is thinner slightly then the base. It does not have a point however as it abruptly cuts off. It is dark blue at the pommel and fades to a greenish blue. At the base there is an extra loop of steel that Adair has attached red feather to. The pommel and bracer is gold with red fabric on the handle. There is words written on it but he has no idea what they say.
    History: He was born in Luca and grew up loving blitzball. He didn't know his father as his mother was er . . . a seller of pleasure shall we say. He ran away from home at 14 and joined a blitz team. They made it fairly high in the standings but after a couple of years of never getting past the quarterfinals he left.
    He joined an airship that traveled around Spira transporting goods of a dubious origin; for a while anyway. He became a rather adept at flying ships and many times kept them in the air by what should have been impossible manoeuvres. When he was about 20 he meandered about avoiding someone who sincerely wished him to join the earthworms. In that time he has done and pretended to do nearly every job imaginable. He was back to transporting illegal things of every denomination when he made it to Ivalice. The ship was caught and he of course scarpered in his highly flamboyant way. He tied a rope to his sword, flinged it at a building and slid down said rope in a bucket. Waving all the while at the authorities saying he 'gave them his condolences for this grievance but a stint in the brig would be most contrary to his wishes.'
    He then heard a rich gentleman was running away to be a pirate and was looking for crewmen to leave pronto. He presented himself and was accepted on the condition all ladies go to Sirius first (recognizing a fellow charmer if not nearly as good at it). This was no hardship for Adair and he heartily agreed. They have come to an understanding that while Adair would have no problems leaving him in dire straights, if it's of profit to him, he can be most dependable. They could almost be called friends but it's more of a continuing of similar goals. He can often be heard cursing Ivalice technology and all its 'infernally ludicrous complexities.'
    Other: Rather good at playing the fiddle.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Elite Trainer

Spammy post to say: YAAAY RIVER AND ADAIR ARE BACK!! <3

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

Question! Do we have magic in this version of the RPG? I'm (not entirely surely) planning on making a magic-user.

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?

Advanced Trainer

Yesss we have magic :3 Did I post a thing describing all the spells last time or did I leave it up to the RPers minds? Either way its up to you mages and such what magic does this time. :3 cuz you're responsible and not power-hungry >> right...?

Elite Trainer

Much medieval armour terminology is to follow. ‘pologies, but I’m an armour geek… ¬_¬

Name: Temzi
    Race: Guado
    Appearance: Temzi is typical Guado; tall (6’6”), long arms, large hands and slender fingers. His hair is bright, flaming red, but in a constant state of hat-hair because of his huge helm. The typical Guado facial veins (eeew I make that sound so disgusting…) are slightly less visible on Temzi, due to some interbreeding back through the years of his family tree. They’re sort of translucent reddish-brown, and trace from his temples to the tip of his nosie (which is slightly turned up at the end ).
    As for clothes, well Temzi dresses… oddly, I suppose, although it’s not odd for where he lived most of his life to date [see History]. His undergarments are plain cream, with a brown border of triangles. And by “undergarments”, I mean his trousers, shirt, and all other items that go under armour to make it comfortable. Above this under-layer, he wears a highly padded grey vest, padded armlet… things (for underneath vambraces), and equally padded shin-things (for underneath greaves). Finally, the outer layer (). Temzi’s armour is almost full-plate, but in separate pieces. It’s burnished blue mythril, edged with black iron, with a few banged-out dents in the chestplate, which is the largest part. He wears vambraces on his forearms, but no protection on the upper arm (it’s best for mobility), and greaves from shin to just above the knee, linked by tiny mail-links. The vambraces are notable for their razor-edged flattened spikes, like his helm.
    The helm is the most remarkable part of Temzi’s appearance. Being of the Dragoon warrior class, it resembles the namesake dragon almost perfectly (but in miniature, of course). It’s the same black-edged blue as the rest of his armour, and pretty much looks like a dragon’s head. It tapers off into a pointed snout above Temzi’s nose, and from the centre of his forehead to the back of his skull there is a series of flattened spikes. To either side of his temples are draconic thripps (see Messr. Pratchett for reference) which sweep back to join onto the spikes.
    Obviously there are eye-holes in this helm, and there is no jaw protection. Basically, unless Temzi’s not wearing it (which is quite rare), you’re only gonna be seeing his jaw and mouth, and a glint of greenish-grey eyes through the eye-holes.
    Personality: Being so young when he arrived at the Academy, Temzi took all of its teachings completely to heart. Namely: Honour, Valour, Justice and Love (haha, he sounds like a Bohemian from Moulin Rouge!! XD). He upholds these ideals at every possible turn - especially Justice. Temzi is serious, has a love of explaining things that can be unutterably annoying, and is naïve to a fault, in that he thinks that everyone has Honour, and upholds Justice, and so on. This comes of him never leaving the Academy, foolish boy. He is becoming more and more shocked at what he actually does see in the outside world - even what he can remember of Guadosalam was quiet, refined and without excess.
    He doesn’t drink, doesn’t like overly loud people and especially doesn’t like those without Honour. He therefore sees it as his duty to uphold Justice and thrust Honour upon those without it.
    He is the paragon of chivalry, but exceedingly shy around women, so doesn’t really get a chance to show this off. He also has a tendency to hide behind his helm in the outside world, so not many know what he actually looks like.
    History: When he was about 5, Temzi turned to his mother and loudly proclaimed that he wanted to go off and be a Dragoon. That he was bored of Guadosalam, bored of Spira, and wanted to go and live in Ivalice all on his own. For some unknown reason, his mother agreed, persuaded his father and within a week, little Temzi was packed off on a journey to Ivalice; to the most prestigious Dragoon school they could find - Valendia Academy, in Leá Monde.
    Finding Leá Monde itself to be a terrifying (and not to mention dark) place, young Temzi stayed within the Academy for almost all of his 20 years there; only venturing outside its walls when necessary. That was until the wars came to Ivalice in the form of ships from his own home, Spira. Temzi, feeling that he must do his part for Ivalice, decided to finally leave the Academy behind him and travel to the frontlines and offer his services. Unfortunately, that didn’t quite work out as planned, and he ended up hitching a ride, completely unknown, aboard a certain airship called Wolfstar. He managed to stay hidden right up until the major crash on the Unnamed Continent, where he was finally found, squashed underneath a huge bulkhead timber and unable to breathe from an unluckily-placed dent in his chestplate.
    Weapon Style: FFXII
    Weapon Type: Spear
    Weapon: Temzi’s spear is called Dragon’s Whisper, and is probably the most vicious weapon you’ll ever see. It’s haft is as tall as he is, and made of blackened ash with tiny scales carved down its length. At about knee-height to the floor, it is coated in the same metal as his armour (blue mythril edged with black iron), and tapered to a swept point. This metal is razored with flattened spikes, as his armour, on the bottom, and one single spike on top. Looks like the bottom of this spear.
    The spearhead itself is double, like Kain’s in that picture, but one of the blades is significantly shorter than the other and both taper at the ends, to make it diagonal if you stuck a ruler against the tips. Each of the tips has a tiny hole in the very end, so that when swung, the wind whispers through in a very sinister fashion. Hence the name Dragon Whisper.
    A tiny-linked chain loops from the spearhead to its tail, and every tenth link has something dangling from it. One has a feather, one a tiny, pearlescent scale (said to be from an actual dragon), and one a tiny, wrought cage with a Snowfly inside. Each tiny charm on this chain has a story and a reason, and maybe if you ask nicely, Temzi will tell you about them.
    Other: According to the Vagrant Story maps and the like, the Nabreus Deadlands can be reached via Leá Monde, and are actually in the continent of Valendia. The Leamonde Entites on Nabreus in FFXII come from Leá Monde. Bit of crossover-game info, there! Not that I’m obsessed with Vagrant Story or anything… ohhhh no.
    Snowflies: are annoying. But they’re seen to be a good-luck charm for Dragoons, which is why Temzi has one on his spear-chain.
    RelationshipOther: Temzi knows Sirius, obviously. He'll be too shy to reply to the women, but if you wanna talk to him, go ahead anyway. Torture the guy. XD Mostly he's the pair to Emo-sai's second (?) character. Fun times ahoy!!

And now I want to write Academy-years Temzi stories... Fark.
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 17th November 2008 at 07:35 AM.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

I will finish the unfinished signup in approximately 2 days; if I don't finish it means I am fail and have given up the character due to my failness.

Name: Chironu
    Race: Human (also debatable, she is at least part al-Bhed if you believe the evidence of the spiral eye pupils)
    Appearance: Depends on which continent you're from, concerning the clothes anyway.
    Personality:
    Weapon Type: Sphere (?)
    Weapon: Tonnatara the Shining: the two floating ball thingers in the picture. They are controlled by her will. Or magic. Or something. They don't do much damage but they're handy for bonking people on the head.
    Her spell repertoire seems relatively small. For approval purposes I shall just mention that it's currently Blizzard, Fire, Thunder, Water, Cure, and Esuna. She's capable of more but as of the moment is happily limiting herself to these.
    History:
    Other:

Name: Seta
    Race: Viera

Appearance: The original description was too long. Although you can't see it in the picture because I'm too lazy to draw all views of him, there is a design on the back of his coat that is based on the Ivalice crest. His eyes are red, skin coffee-brown, and his silver-white hair is twisted in a pigtail that reaches to between his shoulderblades. I didn't have time to colour this but the overall colour scheme is black with red bits and a white jabot. He is about 7 feet in height (plus ears).

Personality: Quiet and prefers to stay awaiting orders in a corner, like a very ornamental rock. Oh wait, rocks don't obey orders. Anyway, Seta rarely speaks, except to acknowledge directives given. You'd have to press him really hard to get his opinion about anything out of him. There is some evidence that he is sensible, practical, and can probably think for himself except that all this is secondary to the higher authority of his doglike loyalty to the Solidor family. When he does open his mouth, the words used are single-syllable and the sentences clipped short, wherever possible, and the tone used is completely devoid of emotion. It stands to reason that he is a good listener.
    Having known nothing except mindless devotion for much of his life, he is rather open to outside influences and can be easily moulded in certain ways.
    Very occasionally he shows signs of a dry, caustic sort of humour. Has been known to roll eyes when overly provoked.

Weapon Type: Katana
    Weapon: Seta wields a nameless single-handed katana (although chroniclers and bards serving the Imperial family have named it, variously: The Dark Side of The Moon, The Manticore's Sting, The Nightingale's Deadly Song, etc, etc). Its blade length is approximately 90 cm. He primarily uses it in the form of an uchigatana, and both unsheathes it and strikes in a single stroke.

History: The status of males in the Viera hierarchy is unknown, although believed to be low, and they are possibly seen as little more than a method of propagation. Seta himself, his ears having been dulled to the Green Word through a life lived primarily outside the Wood, cannot remember anything about his childhood. He was, through mysterious means and many strings pulled, 'bought' by an eccentric noble, a lesser scion of the Solidor family, and brought up to obey.
    He is now acting as the personal guard of Selene Raminas, although he was not with her at the time of the attack on Nalbina. After the missile attacks, certain personages panicked and he was sent from Archades to ensure that Selene didn't get into what is loosely termed as 'scrapes'. He has known her since she was very young.

Other: ONCE I DREW HIS HEELS EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKED RIDICULOUS GAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Emotional Faun Chiko-sai; 16th November 2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: formatting

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?

Laserlight Technomage Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I would like to reserve a spot!

Proud Member of the Ushi X Raizen Fanclub

My ASB Team
    *_The Medical Assassin of the A.R.C._*

Advanced Trainer

Oh I skipped my sister's sign up... XD Sorry River!

River: Accepted! :3 Yay Adair!

Weasel Overlord: O.o another? Oh well, yes, of course accepted.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai: Seta accepted. :3 I'll wait till I see more of your other character.

Dr.McNinja: Reserved. ^^

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Name: Laevra (Lay-vrah)
    Race: Viera

Appearance: Like this, here!! The differences are however, that the armor/clothing she wears is darker, more of a silvery pale green/blue combination. Also her hair is shorter, reaching just midway to her shoulder blades (she cut it) and her hair raven black, but has a silvery white gleam to it (due to her dying her pure white hair completely black a few weeks after leaving her people). She also has black, swirl, tribal-like tattoos upon the right side of her stomach and upon the bicept of her right arm that she acquired also at the capitol of Ivalice. She has a 'rebellious' thing going on. Her eyes are also an ice blue, not red. (I decided to save time and not draw her due to my schedule. O.o; )

Personality: Laevra's personality can almost be taken in completely upon first meeting, or at least a good chunk of it anyway. She's extremely confident in herself and doesn't hold an ounce of uncertainty about who she is or any decisions that she makes. She's not quick to judge people as a whole and actually is pretty open-minded at what people can bring the table- HOWEVER - she's very quick to judge their intelligence level. (Hey, stupid people have places in the world too.) She's sharp tongued and will gladly share a brutal and honest opinion about anything and has no knack what-so-over for putting things lightly. On the other hand though, she's extremely truthful and puts people at ease knowing that she'll let you know how things are exactly as she sees them. She's also a bit of a wild card, being that she loves to try new things and can't resist a challenge from someone. Her curiosity is her biggest weakness and strength, as it is the only thing that leads her through the world. She's also stubborn too.

Weapon Type: Bow & Arrows
    Weapon: [WILL BE EDITED LATER. Again, drawing it- however let it be known her "Weapon" is actually more of a object to help her use her White Magic.]

History: Laevra grew up as most Viera do, in the jungle listening to the Wood and being distant from all other races. Growing up, Laevra was very close to her sister Baorna, and the two often would venture out into the forest together for either work or play. A few of their adventures were rather hazardous amongst some of the nooks and crannies of the forest, but the two of them were quite sure-footed of themselves which eventually led to Baorna being badly hurt. Through this little incident, Laevra discovered her "healing" gift and was able to heal her sister's wound.
    When it was found out, Laevra was tutored by a handful of other Viera who possessed talent in magic. Still, as time went on... Laevra found herself quickly becoming bored with the ways of her people, the magic that she trained and even the Wood itself. One fateful day, an airship managed to crash into their jungle. Of course they were all ordered to stay away, but Laevra couldn't contain her curiosity and went off to investigate. It was there she met a Sirius and his crew and she helped them obtain things from the forest to repair their ship. Doing this made her realize that her desire was not with her own people anymore, so she left with the humans- leaving her people behind.
    For about a quarter of her life now, she's traveled Ivalice in the airship Wolfstar - usually hanging around the capitol Archades on her off time. It was there that she cut off her hair and dyed it and also explored the night life and tattooed her arm and stomach. She finds that there is still much of her to try in the world and she finds she rarely grows bored- a lovely change from her original home.
    For the past year or so she's been stuck on the un-named continent with the remaining Wolfstar crew.
    Other: Laevra doesn't like using her magic at times, even though she's extremely talented with it. In fact, it has been known that people have had to beg her to heal them, because she dislikes healing people who got hurt stupidly. Accidents are a different story. :3

Name: Batilis Aureaon (Bah-til-is Arr-ee-ay-on)
    Race: Garif

Appearance: Like this. The black fur around his hips, wrists and neckline seems to be apart of his waistline, wristguards and necklace. Also his pants are the same red color as his mask, and his belt-like thing around his waist matches his "necklace" persay.

Personality: Batilis is a pretty calm and easy-going guy with others, although he tends to get into mischief with good intentions. He's not the brightest crayon in the box and lacks a proper education, but if people get used to his appearance and his lack of education, they usually are quite charmed with his subtle demeanor. He's a great deal like a dog- he loves to learn new things, he enjoys a good compliment and he absolutely loves being around people. He's very thankful for all and anything anyone gives him and surely would treasure it 'til the end of time. He remembers things perfectly and learns really quickly, so while he doesn't know much... he'll learn a great deal eventually. Also, may it be noted that he speaks really oddly which also puts people off. (See other).

Weapon Type: Axe
    Weapon: Look at the link above, I sorta drew it there. The axe itself has a mahagony-hued handle, but a rust-tinted cloth is wrapped about it in little strips. The metallic blade part of the axe glints a copperish brown color, with some roughly rust-colored painted symbols on it. Overall, the axe looks like a piece of crap. :3 It could give you RUST!

History: Garif never knew a proper village life, nor will he ever know a proper village life. His father was sent out of the village to be a merchant, merely because his father had started to become "odd" and wasn't following the proper conducts or traditions of the Garif people. Luckily enough, Batilis' father had an extremely loyal wife who left with him, and the two put together a merchant wagon and started to journey about Ivalice. Somewhere along the way, Batilis was born, although his birth was the reason for this mother's death.
    Due to Batilis' father's special condition, his father had failed to remember to purchase or acquire a mask for Batilis. Being that his father was hundreds of miles away from the village, he couldn't even purchase a proper mask for his son. So instead he had to make due, and took one of the linen bags and put it over his newborn son's head. This served as his "mask" until about three years later, when they arrived at the capitol and actually could acquire a mask to be made.
    Now it should be mentioned, that as years progressed Batilis' father began to forget more and more things. His father had a degenerative disease that affected his brain, which explained his increasingly odd behavior and ability to remember things. (It also was the reason Batilis never met any of his own people or went to the village, being that his father forgot where it was).
    Batilis was never educated and because of the way he looked, he often didn't communicate with many people. For some reason, wearing a mask was "odd" despite how many curious creatures there were in Ivalice. Batilis also was very busy helping his father with his merchant works- as his father increasingly forgot where he put things, who he sold things to and important paper matters. His father also grew to be more crazy - forgetting Batilis name and inventing that he had seven sons, all who looked like Batilis and their mother was a human who lived in a castle. His father also told many amazing tales, none of which were true and eventually they didn't make sense anymore. Eventually his father became paranoid as well, but that was towards the end.
    The end of a merchant life, came when Batilis' father went bankrupt. Not knowing where to go, the father simply left- finally forgetting his son all together. While Batilis was smart enough to know it was coming, it still shocked and pained him for a while although he was accepting of it. So Batilis worked many make-shift jobs- usually manual labor, being that Batilis was extremely well-built and suited for it. (Plus with the mask at all, he wasn't great with customers... nor was he very bright and no one wanted to waste time teaching him anything).
    Eventually he ran into the moogle, Sori. Sori perhaps felt sorry for Batilis or maybe was drawn to him, regardless the two formed a little team and began doing make-shift jobs around Ivalice. Some of it was monster hunting, some of it was finding lost pets or running "blah" errands...

Other: Batilis speaks really strangely which we will call, "Quasi Second Person" He doesn't ever refer to himself, but rather calls himself "this one" and if he is talking to anyone, he doesn't refer to them as "you" but rather as "he/she". For example:
    If he wanted to say, "I don't understand what you're saying. Can you tell me again?" He would say it like, "This one doesn't understand what she is saying. Can she tell this one again?" If he's in large groups where there are more of one gender, he uses names.

ORZ sorry for the mega-long histories... @_@ I didn't notice until now... ;_;
    Last edited by Bulbasaur4; 21st November 2008 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Added Batilis' image/weapon, also edited Laevra's history to include Wolfstar

Damn...almost three...need to sleep...will complete tomorrow...

EDIT: Finished it! At least, I think it's finished! And I added a little more about Kumas.

Name: Sori
    Race: Moogle!
    Origin: Ivalice?
    Appearance: Sori stands at a very modest two feet tall, 2'8" if you include the pom-pom. His fur is a faint gray, his ears black and his bat-like wings black as well. His pom-pom is the usual red but is a little ragged from incidents with monsters trying to eat it. He wears a long green vest that looks like a dress since it goes down to his knees, with an orange shirt with long sleeves under it. Completing the outfit is a pair of brown capris.
    Personality: No one would know from looking at Sori that he has a short temper, mainly because he hangs around the titanic Batilis and manages to keep his cool around him. But he has a hidden Napoleon complex that springs out the moment someone points out his height, whether it's meant as an insult or not (think Edward from FMA). He's also sensitive about the state of his pom-pom and doesn't want anyone shooting at it or touching it or even breathing on it. But when it comes to Batilis, he's like a big brother, explaining things that need explaining and teaching him about new things. And comments that earn most people a bump on the noggin (or worse) go unpunished when Batilis says them.
    Weapon Type: Magic rod
    Weapon: A pole made of ivory white stone with a glowing globe at the end of it. The globe will change color depending on the spell that's being used. Sori can use Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Haste and Slow. He would know more powerful spells but they backfire on him whenever he tries to use them.
    History: Although most Moogles are into technology, Sori and his family lived away from most tech. He learned black magic from his grandfather in absence of other activities he was interested in. But his training went unfinished when he met Batilis. The poor Moogle had a run-in with a Mooglebane and had a field day trying to get rid of it while not having his rod. Not how he ruined his pom-pom. Batilis saved him before it was too late and was fascinated with the little red ball of fluff. It was the only time Sori got angry with him. Seeing as he could use someone to help him with odd jobs, he left his home and started traveling with the Garif.
    Other: Kupo!

Hope you're okay with it so far, Kalah!
    Last edited by classy_cat18; 17th November 2008 at 09:45 PM.
    Random Quote:

Advanced Trainer

Bulbasaur4: ooooh wow. I didn't expect to see a Garif. :3 Very spiffy. Both Accepted.

Classy_cat18: Moogle. X3 Approved.

Elite Trainer

*crosses fingers*

Name: Chironu (stage name)
    Race: Human (also debatable, she is at least part al-Bhed if you believe the evidence of the spiral eye pupils)
    Appearance: here. Generally, her eyes are always slit-closed unless she is surprised or finds something particularly interesting. The colour of her hair (under all that fur) is black.
    She can imitate most voices and the cries of fiends; her own voice is high and chirping, like a bird's. She speaks expressively, always in a singsong tone, or sometimes with a nuance in the words that suggests she is chanting or reciting.
    Personality: Playful, almost coy, and ambivalent. Likes to tease people. Lackadaisical when disinterested.
    She never gets angry; the most you can provoke her to is mild annoyance. Quick on the uptake, she will never be accused of stupidity or slowness. She might, conversely, be seen as cunning and tricksy. Can be overly familiar, as she speaks to people she just met 5 seconds ago as if she'd known them for years. Smiles even when there is nothing to smile at. Unusually for a human of any race, she is sensitive to changes in the Mist.
    Weapon Type: Sphere (?)
    Weapon: Tonnatara the Shining: the two floating ball thingers in the picture. They are controlled by her will. Or magic. Or something. Well, she can manipulate them at will when she's in an atmosphere full of Mist, but when not (such as in the large urban areas of Luca) she has to carry them, and the level of control she has over them depends on the amount of Mist present. They are made of a tough, lacquered papier-mache, and are very light. Each sphere is about 1.5 times the size of a human head. Tonnatara don't do much damage but they're handy for bonking people on the head.
    For approval purposes I shall just mention that her spell repertoire is currently Blizzard, Fire, Thunder, Water, Dark and Esuna.
    History: Chironu was originally part of a Besaid-based troupe of travelling players that roamed Spira plying their art. She is of dubious heritage, but as mentioned earlier she is likely part al-Bhed. The theatrical troupe was effectively her substitute for a family and she is probably the offspring of a couple of the performers. She was trained to sing and dance, among other things, and would have led a very normal and fulfilling life had It not happened.
    It was an Epiphany, a Visitation; or at least, it is conjectured to be; certainly the troupe simply thought she'd become rather odd ever since they'd played that gig on Mount Gagazet. They started noticing weird things about her, such as her tending to levitate whenever they passed through places thick with Mist, or the way she played with Tonnatara, or the fact that she now knew simple elemental spells when she previously had had no training. She would also sing long after everyone else was abed, in a long, low wail; it kept the fiends away but creeped the troupe members awake.
    When they visited the unnamed continent, she drifted away one of the nights and never came back to their ship, which has since returned to Spira.
    Other: She is agile and very flexible, and can bend herself into the most uncomfortable positions seemingly effortlessly. Also, appears to be able to read ancient scripts and runes as adeptly as most historians.

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?

Advanced Trainer

:3 Approved, neat character.

This shall begin relatively soon, either tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday.

Remaining people, please have your forms up soon ^^