Thread: Here's a Unique Experience -- Double Battle [Ref - Grey!]

Default Here's a Unique Experience -- Double Battle [Ref - Grey!]

Okay, this should be interesting. Your favorite Gym Leader who's also a Master Ref whose name doesn't rhyme with Lazy Shelf Soy is hosting a battle at his gym -- The Room. I'm inviting two teams of two to battle it out using pokemon that don't belong to them!

That's right -- you're not battling with your own pogeys. So whose are you using? Mine! Now, before you all scream foul, these will all be fully-evolved, so I can't use this battle to evolve them.

The battlers (first come first serve) will choose a poke ball, and in that poke ball will house one of my pokemon. You won't know what pokemon you'll be using until all four battlers are present. Teams will be decided by random number generator, as will turn order.

Here're the terms:

2-on-2 [Double]
    Abilities: On.
    Banned Moves: None.
    Damage Caps: Nada.
    DQ Time: 1 week.
    Arena:

THE ROOM
    a large square room with no doors or windows. how you've gotten there is a
    mystery, and how you'll leave is worrysome. the walls, floor, and ceiling are all bare and
    white, except for one large orb-like device in the center of the ceiling. every three rounds,
    the orb will change it's color to either green, black, pink, blue, yellow, or red. the walls of
    the arena will match the orb the following round, causing unusual effects:

green - "venom"
    each pokemon will feel their lifeforce drain: 1% per action (3% per round).

black - "blind"
    each pokemon will be temporarily blinded: accuracy will be reduced by 50%.

pink - "regen"
    each pokemon will feel their lifeforce recover: +1% per action (+3% per round).

blue - "energy"
    each pokemon will feel completely revitalized: energy costs will be reduced by 50%.

yellow - "agility"
    each pokemon will act with increased reaction time: speed will be increased by 1.

red - "wrath"
    each pokemon will act more hastily, without thinking most of the time: pokemon
    can only attack directly; attack power will be increased by 1; energy costs will be increased by 50%

during the battle, however, each pokemon will be induced with an auto-safeguard. the
    only status ailments that can be afflicted to each pokemon will be the ones caused by the
    room. the room will change in color every three rounds, using a random
    number generator to decide what color the room will turn into. the room cannot be the
    same color twice in a row, however. there is no water in the room, however. all
    pokemon battling must be able to survive on dry land.

As for the poke balls:

Choose carefully.
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Here's a Unique Experience -- Double Battle [Ref - Grey!]

o.O That's ballsy.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Gray if you don't mind I'll join this. I'll pick the Pokeball9.

Advanced Trainer

Come on people this sounds fun.

Hm... indeed...
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Mike you wanted a rematch you got one! I'll pick the Hyperball.

Darkest I would not say it's ballsy more like Drew dropped his balls. Whatever in the Hyperball let's kick some nuts!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Advanced Trainer

Damn, you Charles I meant 1 on 1, we will have it soon.

Well, if two more people don't show up, you may as well make this your rematch... but time will tell.
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

I think that it's our rematch Charles.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah I guess it is Mike.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Advanced Trainer

Gray what do you think.

Looks like it's a two-person battle after all. You two choose your next poke ball and I'll let a random number generator determine who attacks first.
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

I'll take the pokeball aswell.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

and that leaves me with the Grate Ball

~CDharles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Advanced Trainer

Gray?

Sorry, I was distracted by PS0. Anyway, the pogies are as follows:

Mike - Magnezone [/] "Mothership" and Torterra [M] "Galapagos".

Charles - Metagross [/] "Brigadier" and Flygon [M] "Felsendrache". RNG dictates that Mike Mysterio chooses his attacks first.
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

Ok, Galapagos, use Earthqueak, then Earthpower twice on Brigadier.

Mothership, use Icy Wind three times, but focus on Felsendrache.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Brigadier use Magnet Rise then set up a Light Screen then use Sludge Bomb on Galapagos.

Felsendrache use flamethrower on Galapagos three times.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    MIKE MYSTERIO VS CHARLES LEGEND
    OO OO

ROUND ONE!
    Two trainers unknowingly find themselves surrounded by four white walls, a white floor, and a white ceiling. Mike Mysterio recognizes this place, but Charles Legend does not. In each trainer's pocket there are two unfamiliar poke balls. Mike tosses his two first, revealing a large, burly tortoise named Galapagos, as well as a magnezone: Mothership.

On the opposite end of the mysterious room, Charles releases the two pokemon assigned to him: a majestic flygon and an intimidating metagross: Felsendrache and Brigadier, respectively. The two trainers assign their attacks and the battle gets underway.

Like a traditional dragon, Fels lets off an intimidating shrill as he spits out a steady chain of fire that easily wraps around Galapagos for great damage [ -14HP Galapagos / -8PP Felsendrache ]. As Fels does that, Brig tucks in his massive feet and begins levitating briefly [ -5PP Brigadier / Ability: Levitate ], narrowly avoiding the earthquake that shivers throughout the room [ -6PP Galapagos ]. However, with his feet no longer pressed to the ground, he finds his body drifting closer and closer to Mothership. Mothership, meanwhile, takes aim at the earth dragon, sending a shiveringly cold wind at both the enemy pokemon [ -10HP Felsendrache, -3HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier ].

Felsendrache, despite the lowered speed, spits out another flamethrower that wraps around and torments the torterra [
    -14HP Galapagos / -8PP Felsendrache ]. Galapagos fires away, not at the flygon, but at the levitating metagross. The solid mass of earthly energy stamps Brigadier harshly [ -14HP Brigadier / -5PP Galapagos ]. Brigadier chirps for a few seconds, surrounding both itself and its partner with a protective barrier [ -5PP Brigadier / Activate: Light Screen ]. Mothership acts one more, emitting another cold wind [ -7HP Felsendrache, -2HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier ].

No longer the fastest pokemon, Fels can only watch as Mothership readies one more blast of chillingly cold winds his direction [
    -7HP Felsendrache, -2HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier ]. Gal also fires his attack -- another earth power jettisons into the metagross harshly [ -9HP Brigadier / -5PP Galapagos ]. Fels cries out, firing off another flamethrower [ -12HP Galapagos* / -8PP Felsendrache ]. Brig is the final pokemon to act, but before he can spit out a sludge bomb, the referee blows the whistle -- "The damage cap for Galapagos has been breached for this round."

The first round ends and the single light above flickers, turning a mossy green color. All four pokemon suddenly feel their health draining.

-Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

BRIGADIER use Sludge Bomb three times on GALAPAGOS!

FELSENDRACHE use Fire Blast three times on MOTHERSHIP!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Advanced Trainer

MOTHERSHIP, use Icy Wind three times.

GALAPAGOS, use Earth Power three times on BRIGADIER.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    OO OO

ROUND TWO!
    The second round begins like the last round ended -- horribadly. The two faster pokemon unleash their deadly attacks in tandem. Mothership fires off a chillingly cold wind once more, damaging both pokemon on the other side [ -7HP Felsendrache, -2HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier / -1HP Mothership ], whilst Brigadier is slammed harshly by Gal's earth power [ -9HP Brigadier / -5PP Galapagos / -1HP Galapagos ]. Felsendrache shoots off a horrid torrent of fire that wraps around Mothership easily [ -18HP Mothership / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Brigadier ], whilst Brig pummels Gal with another sludge bomb [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / -1HP Brigadier ].

And it happens a second time [
    -7HP Felsendrache, -2HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier / -1HP Mothership ] [ -9HP Brigadier / -5PP Galapagos / -1HP Galapagos ] [ -18HP Mothership / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Brigadier ] [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / -1HP Brigadier ].

And a third time... this time with damage caps!
    [ -7HP Felsendrache, -2HP Brigadier / -4PP Mothership / -10% Spd Felsendrache, -10% Spd Brigadier / -1HP Mothership ] [ -9HP Brigadier / -5PP Galapagos / -1HP Galapagos ] [ -4HP Mothership* / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Brigadier ] [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / -1HP Brigadier ]
    Last edited by Greyfox; 18th January 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

GALAPAGOS, use Giga Drain three times on BRIGADIER.

MOTHERSHIP, use Mirror Shot twice, then use Gyro Ball all on FELSENDRACHE.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~Charles Legend

Advanced Trainer

Bump for Gray.

There was an error in my last reffing. As it turns out, Ground is resistant to poison attacks, which means that Galapagos isn't weak to it at all. I've adjusted accordingly, but if you'd prefer to do round three over, that's fine.

DOUBLE BATTLE!

OO OO

ROUND THREE!
    Without mercy, Mothership fires off a cold blast of steel energy that hits the dragonmon harshly, blinding him temporarily [ -5HP Felsendrache / -3PP Mothership / -10% Acc Felsendrache / -1HP Mothership ], whilst Gal slaps the metagross with his vines and slowly drains his lifeforce away [ -3HP Brigadier / -3PP Galapagos / +2HP Galapagos / -1HP Galapagos ]. The life transferred is barely noticeable. Felsendrache swallows the air before shooting off a heavy barrage of flames that crack sharply against the steel pokemon's heavyset frame [ -18HP Mothership / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Felsendrache ]. Bringing up the rear is Brigadier who, once again, showers his foe with a poisonous enslaught [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / Galapagos poisoned / -1HP Brigadier ]. The attack triggers an unforseen energy within Galapagos [ Overgrow activated ].

Feeling bold, Mothership fires off another round of cold steel; the shot blinds Felsendrache even moreso than before
    [ -5HP Felsendrache / -3PP Mothership / -10% Acc Felsendrache / -1HP Mothership ]. Gal continues to sap lifeforce away from the giant enemy crab [ -6HP Brigadier / -3PP Galapagos / +4HP Galapagos / -2HP Galapagos ]. Felsendrache takes another shot at the magnezone [ -18HP Mothership / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Felsendrache ], while Brig hits Gal with another sludge bomb [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / -1HP Brigadier ].

Mothership begins to whirl around like a ball of death and barrels closer and closer to Fels with quick speed. Unfortunately, since his foe has a burly body, Mothership's attack power is less-than stellar [ -5HP Felsendrache / -5PP Mothership / -1HP Mothership ]. Once more, Galapagos recovers health that he stole from Brig
    [ -6HP Brigadier / -3PP Galapagos / +4HP Galapagos / -2HP Galapagos ], and once more Brig retalliates with another poison glob of globby goo [ -9HP Galapagos / -7PP Brigadier / -1HP Brigadier ]. Felsendrache, as always, breathes fire and watches things burn [ -4HP Mothership* / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Felsendrache ].

At the tip of the forth round, Brigadier slams his feet back on the ground, while his and his teammate's light screens fade away.

Last edited by Greyfox; 18th January 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Advanced Trainer

GALAPAGOS, use Superpower+Iron Head+Giga Impact at FELSENDRACHE.

MOTHERSHIP, use Shock Wave+Zap Cannon+Hyper Beam at BRIGADIER.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    OO OO

ROUND FOUR!
    The fourth round begins rather slowly, with Mothership and Galapagos charging up their super-attacks, and Felsendrache and Brigadier slowly getting themselves ready for another round of the same. The attacks come out! Blam, Brig is slammed harshly with a bolt of electric super-energy that completely levels him [ -14HP Brigadier / -25PP Mothership / -3HP Galapagos ]. The metagross instantly collapses on the floor, unable to battle anymore. Felsendrache suffers a similar fate as Gal pummels him three different times [ -35HP Felsendrache / -30PP Galapagos / -6HP Galapagos ]. Felsendrache, slowly pulls himself together and fires off a blast of raging hellfire that consumes Mothership easily [ -11HP Mothership / -10PP Felsendrache / -1HP Felsendrache ].

Galapagos, exhausted by his attack, can only watch nervously as Fels slowly readies another burst of flames his way before stumbling to the floor in exhaustion. In the same manner, the fires devour Gal, knocking him to the floor [ -2HP Galapagos / -6PP Felsendrache / -1HP Felsendrache ].

-Grey

Advanced Trainer

Nice match Charles, what about points?

Well, since it was a tie, I'm gonna say we both get two points. Huzzah?
    -Grey