Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: «Battle Writing Tournament» The Dragon Games ~ Meet the winners!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: «Battle Writing Tournament» The Dragon Games ~ The Final Round is here!

Guess since Jeff went first last time, I'll go first this time :p

Thrown in the mix!

“Ladies and gentlemen! We are here in the final round of our Dragon Games. Through the battles we’ve had here, we’ve been privy to a variety of attacks and a bevy of Pokemon! It all comes down to these three battles to discern what place everyone falls into. The three battle arenas are set up and the crowds are ready for epic battles.

In the Sand arena however, we seem to have a problem. While Patti is there with her Pokemon…which we can’t see, her competitor is not to seen. It looks like this battle may be over before it even starts!”

The Sand arena came with a high temperature and an even louder, raucous crowd. Even with the lack of a competitor, they seemed anxious for a display. With the countdown clock winding down, Patti huffed and crossed her arms. ”Well, I guess I’ll be receiving the prize here.” She turned back toward the clock, and counted down with the referee.

4…

3…

*plop*

The sound of something colliding with the sand caused Patti to turn her head, and the referee raised his hand to stop the clock. On the field was an Abra, staring at a green mass that was face down in the sand. In a flash, the Abra vanished, and reappeared next to the referee. A mental discussion took place, before the ref nodded and pointed to the green mass. “There’s your opponent. There seems to be a problem with his trainer, but he’s ready to battle. He will be here shortly.”

“Are you serious? Well, this is a joke of a battle. Anyway, Rex. I guess we’ll begin.” Patti stated, with a disappointed tone. On the other side of the field, the green mass finally stood up, and walked into view. His vines were coiled tight, freshly grown from that last incident. Mossjito seemed uneasy with the way things had turned out currently, if his agitated state was any indication. But he had to be here. Rapp believed enough in him to make it this far-he had to give it his all!

The battle started with a streak of sand searing by. The wake left sand all over the place, and Mossy was rendered visually impaired. He looked left and right, trying to get a better grasp of the situation before he was knocked out before he even tried! So, remembering the early battling days he had with Rapp, he tried to start off with pollination. The first he tried to throw out was of the poisonous variety. As another sand streak blazed by him, he forced the cloud around his body. In a swift left turn, whatever it was that was zipping around the area doused Mossy in sand once again.

Mossy watched as the streak kept along its path, shooting back to strike him once more. Mossy knew these were just test strikes, not even real attacks…but why hadn’t the powder worked? Maybe he was too slow? That couldn’t be it. Mossy welled up a second set of spores again, and stood directly in the path of the sand. There was a hint of purple in the sand blitz, and Mossy went flying backwards from the force of the attack. Vines stabbed out all over the area, and he slid backwards to a stop in the sand. A few vines grabbed onto a rock, and saved Mossy from experiencing a nasty sand burn. Picking himself up, the planimal was washed over with sand once more, before catching another glimpse of purple head skyward.

It was obvious that the battle was with a speed demon, and that the poison powder was not working. So maybe it was time to ensure there was something to fight. The resilient plant began to spin, and seeds were thrown all over the immediate area. The streaking foe flew through the littered field, evading most of the seeds. Mossy turned as the beast shot away a third time, and hissed. What WAS this thing?

He had no time to dwell on this. The next strike was almost impossible to counter. A blitz of purple seemed to come from three directions, and Mossy was their focal point. Almost instantly, Mossy was sent flying through the sands. He rolled to a stop aside a dune, and reached his vines in the ground to try and stabilize. Deep in the dune, he found a rock and coiled his vines around it, in order to stand up. However, standing was almost out of the question. He felt pain all over his body, almost as if he was stabbed with a poison!

“The enigmatic Rex strikes Mossy with a bevy of Quick attacks-and follows up with a Cross Poison! This plant is all but gone! With no help from his trainer, it looks all but lost for this resilient plant. Can he come from this enormous deficit to win this match?”

The announcer was right! Mossy was on the brink of life from that strike, and he still didn’t know what he was fighting! But he had a sliver of a chance. Somehow, from somewhere, he could feel health seeping into his body. One of his seeds had to have landed. That was all he needed to know. With his time running out, Mossy created the only thing he could think of: a distraction.

Spinning his vines hastily, Mossy whipped sand right and left. As he did that, he moved backwards, stepping over the dune. Vines still whipping, Mossy hunkered down behind the sand dune, hoping this would work. The speedstreak of sand that was heading toward Mossy sped right through the whipping vines-aiming to blast Mossy from behind that dune. Mossy grinned as that beast flew through the dune…and into the rock! Screeching, a purple mass sat up, sporting a new bruise atop his head. Mossy peered out from behind the half buried stone, to see his adversary for the first time. Long appendages helped the round body assert itself, eyes glaring down at him. Mossy glared right back, unafraid. It was then that he saw it.

It barely hung off of one of the Crobat’s tails.

It was a seed, a solitary seed.

That little seed was saving his life. Not to alert “Rex” to its existence, Mossy went for the offensive, as the Crobat was gearing to fly. Knowing that was the secret to its success, Mossy knew he either had to get atop of it, or slow it down. “Rex! Looks like the plant is down on its last legs. Get back in the air and bite it and be done with it.”

Mossy jumped upward to try and thwart his escape, but Rex’s wings were of a faster nature. In three short flaps, his body went skyward, creating a Whirlwind behind him. Sand and small stones were brought up in the cyclone, along with Mossjito! As the winds tossed Mossy upward, he generated a spark. That spark shot out from the plant and whipped through the whirling storm. Rex dove down to try and bite Mossy, but wound up flying into a web of electricity! Screeching ensued, and the pair landed back on the sands. Mossy sighed; glad the landing didn’t take much out of him.

Rex however, fluttered in anger. This plant was barely alive, and yet it was still striking! The plan was still to bite Mossy, and he was going to accomplish this. Especially since Mossjito was so close. A low land lunge brought Rex within biting distance, but Mossy was ready this time. Realizing this thing struck him with a poisonous move, Mossy switched up what spores it should be using. The spores that Mossy created lathered all over Rex, even though the bat bit down on a few vines. Mossy backed away, and left Rex to fend for himself. Rex angrily screeched and skittered backwards, trying to fly.

Mossy reeled back as well; glad to have landed a successful few hits to this cretin of the poisonous world. Rex finally gained lift, and swooped down at the plant. Mossy ducked, and fired off two vines. One latched around each main wing, and Mossy was yanked sideways and upward. With the new weight, Crobat faltered for a moment in flight. That dip was all Mossy needed to reel himself in via his vines and Body Slam into Crobat’s midsection. Rex groaned and spiraled down, hoping to crash Mossy into the sand and end this fight for good.

The Sky Attack seemed to be the end all for Mossy. As he held on for what he felt was dear life. Mid-flight however, a strange series of muscle spasms began to take over Rex. He tried to control his descent, but his flight path began to corkscrew. With no control over his descent, Rex was flying blind. Mossy however, had an idea. Still holding onto Rex with those vines, he swung over and stood on Rex’s back as the Crobat skidded across the sands. As Rex lied there, Mossy complemented the downed flier with a second Body Slam!

“No! How is this possible?! Rex, get up and Air Cutter! You can do that from the ground. I will NOT lose to this prick! He does not even have a Train--”
    Patti looked over to the side of the arena where there should have been a Trainer. Instead of an empty spot, there stood a ragged form, rasping for air. To its side was a smaller green Pokemon holding up both arms, and a pink Pokemon cheering on the green monster. “Hey! Who are you?” Patti shouted, as Rex skittered and flipped, slicing the air around him. Mossy saw this coming and slapped the ground, throwing himself backwards to avoid the Air Cutter. The streak left a nasty groove in the sand, but Mossy did not fear the outcome. He was feeling better every half a minute, and he knew Rex was going to fall soon. The problem was that any one attack could send him into unconsciousness.

“M-Mossy! We-we’re here! Go for broke! And to answer you ma’am” Rapp shouted, as he pointed to the scoreboard “I’m the one who fought my way here to make sure I didn’t miss the end of this match.” Mossy looked away from the new arrivals, as he heard Rex finally flap his wings in succession, and vaulted into the sky once more. What he saw amazed even him.

“Can you hear the crowd today here in the Sand Arena. This unknown Trainer and his Tangela have round after round amazed us all, and they’ve evidently saved the best for last! In 4 moves, this methodical mass of moss has evened the playing field. Any one attack could end this battle for either Pokemon. But don’t count Rex out yet, he’s back in the sky and ready to dive!”

Rex flew skyward and circled around Mossy, eyeing the ground. Thinking that Mossy was weak enough to take down, Rex swooped in for a Quick Attack. With the speeding purple lightning coming down, Mossy didn’t know what to attempt next. Rapp’s command came through loud and clear.

“Mossy! Shock Wave it again!”

Well, that was new. Mossy didn’t even think. He just reacted. A yellow halo encircled him, but Rex was too fast and tackled the plant. Mossy groaned and held on-using his vine to transfer the electric blast. Rex snarled and flapped upward, irate the bolt seemed to follow him even at this speed. Mossy landed as Rex gained altitude, panting heavily.

Rapp finally seemed to gain his energy and looked up at the Crobat, and at its Trainer. She seemed like a woman that lived for the battle-as she was pointing and tense with every motion of her Pokemon. But he didn’t care now. The last few hours gave Rapp a better understanding of what it meant to be a Pokemon Trainer-and he realized this was another defining moment-one he had to help Mossy realize as well.

“Mossy, I know you’re hurt. Heck, we all are. We’re here now however, and you got this far without us, so you know how to win. You got to slow him down one more time!” Moss glanced up at Rex, who flapped his wings, but only pointed them down at Mossy. The winds around Moss began to pick up, and he quickly thought up the only plan he could.

A nasty gust picked up, throwing all the sands and Mossy’s vines upward. Mossy began to tilt over, all the health he had accumulated was rapidly vanishing with this attack. But so were the spores he released, and they whipped around and up at Rex. Rex flew back to try and cast them down into the sand, but they got in his face and eyes.

Rex sped away from Moss, and tried to bank back in order to collide with the plant, but fell short, and crashed in the sand. The Crobat did not stop moving, his speed sent him skidding for a good 25 yards. Mossy-completely drained, just stood still as the bat came closer and closer...and then stopped, mere centimeters from his face! Mossy fell on his rump, staring as the bat slept!

That miraculous seed leeched a miniscule amount of health to Mossy once more, giving Mossy the energy to walk backwards, weakly. It looked over…it had to be over. Rapp, Patti, the announcer, even the crowd went silent to see if this match reached its conclusion. But Rex took a deep breath, giving everyone the realization he wasn’t out…yet.

Before Rex had a chance to attack any further and knock him out of this sand studded match, Mossy did the only thing he could. He called upon his plant instinct, and began to Absorb any and all health out of the sleeping titan. With a low growl, Rex finally stopped twitching, and lied still. Mossy finally lowered his vines, and hissed in approval. That was a battle he was glad was over.

[Mossy wins! Mossy reaches Lvl 30! Mossy learned Morning Sun!
    Mossy reaches lvl 30. Mossy will learn Thief (to come up in a new and exciting chapter.)]

“Did you see that? After trading moves for 7 strikes, Mossy manages to best Rex and takes him down with-of all attacks-a Sleep Powder-Absorb combo! His Trainer Rapp gives him the moral support deserving of a king! Everyone give a mighty round of applause for this magnificent duo!”

Rapp looks around-to see both television monitors and actual audience members throw their hands up in supreme adulation. Picking up Mossy with his good arm, Rapp waved modestly and looked to his small brigade. “I’m sorry we weren’t here for the beginning Mossy, but you did fantastic. You can sleep now, we’ll take care of the rest.” Mossy weakly snaked a vine up to pat Rapp on the head, and subsequently passed out. May reached up to take Mossy, as she pointed to the west. Rapp handed Mossy over, and turned around, to be greeted by a stern face, extending an equally stern hand.

“Hmph.”

Rapp nodded. Her look said it all. No respect for him. “Look. I don’t know you. I just know that I had to get my Pokemon out of the situation that came upon us. I’m sorry that I was-“ Rapp’s lips were silenced by her index fingers over his lips.”

“Stop. At first, I thought you were a jerk for not showing up. But seeing your ragged state, you must have fought through hell to get here.” Rapp nods, holding up his arm which was hanging in a sling made from his own vest. “If you only knew…but I have to run. My Pokemon and I are to our limit, we need medical care.”

Patti nodded, and backed away as Rapp made a hasty escape, with May holding Mossy above her head. The small Larvitar growled at the crowd as they threw all sorts of confetti out in the air. Curiously, she bit at one of the flakes, and immediately spat it out. After that nasty webbing, things began to taste funny.

((Will edit learned move in soon, gotta get to a new Wi-Fi place.))
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 19th September 2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Edited in Mossy's learned moves.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: «Battle Writing Tournament» The Dragon Games ~ The Final Round is here!

I'm not late!

Also, man, this one turned out long. That's what happens when you pit a Pokemon with high physical defense against a Pokemon that excels in physical attacks! There may also have been a lot of dodging too.

I wrote this while sick. I hope you all appreciate that.

---

Dragon Games: Final Round

“Here we are, Bob! The finals! Just listen to that crowd!”

“Yes, Harry, it certainly does sound quite a lot like a crowd. The match we’re about to see promises to be a good one, too. In one corner, we have Jeff Azure and his Persian, Raini. Together, the two of them managed to scrape through both rounds so far, barely eking out victory. In the other corner, there’s Kismet Yilmaz and her Metang, Malzem. Unlike Jeff and Raini, Kismet and Malzem have absolutely thrashed both of their prior opponents. In fact, in round one, I believe they set a record for how quickly they fainted Madrigal Blanco Montilla’s Houndoom.”

“So Jeff and Raini are in for a treat, Bob?”

“If by ‘treat’ you mean ‘incredibly tough battle,’ it certainly seems that way.”

“Fantastic! Let’s get rolling!”

Jeff held Raini’s Pokéball in his hand. “Good luck, Raini,” he muttered before tossing the ball onto the field. Raini appeared with a flash, opposite a Metang that had likewise been chosen by the woman on the other side of the arena.

Raini glanced around. All eyes were on her and her foe. An Alakazam – one that could have been Maza, but he was too far away to tell – leaned on one of the guardrails, watching her intently.

FINAL ROUND! RAINI VERSUS MALZEM!
    Malzem: “HOO-HAH!”
    Raini: “…”

“I know what you’re thinking, hey?” Malzem said, slowly floating around the arena. Raini scowled and pawed the ground. The soil was moist and stuck to her pads whenever she moved them. Ick. She idly shook one paw, sending a shower of dirt to the ground, and noted with a frown that the soil wasn’t deep enough to try to Dig through. “You’re thinking that it’s going to be soooo easy to win this match! Why, it’s just a little old Metang! How bad could it possibly be?”

Raini turned a stare on him with her best “you’re serious” look.

“Well, I’m here to tell you…” Malzem paused, then grinned. “No. Let me ask you something.”

Raini’s claws extended, sinking into the dirt, completely unconsciously. Steel and Psychic. A lovely combination. Don’t let him get under your skin like that fool Kartzel did. Don’t let him put a timer on you like that psychopath Sasha did. Just see what he can do first…

Malzem spread his arms and raised them to the sky. “Can you SMEEEEELL… what MALZEM IS COOKING?!” Inexplicably, even though most of the crowd likely couldn’t understand what he had said, the audience began to roar.

Okay, Raini thought. This guy is a hack.

“And I tell you what!” Malzem continued. He floated behind Raini, and she padded in a circle, keeping her eyes locked on him. “You’re not leaving this arena conscious! Because the way I do things, I’m going to stomp you, I’m going to walk all over you, I’m—”

The Bullet Punch that hit Raini right in the middle of Malzem’s monologue, to put it lightly, took her completely by surprise. Malzem socked her in the chest with a fist and she tumbled back, coming to a rest against a wooden pillar. It took a moment for her head to stop spinning.

“Looks like Raini wasn’t expecting that one, Harry!”

“Yes sir, Bob, Malzem has taken first blood in this match. Raini’s got her work cut out for her!”

“Boom!” Malzem yelled, following it with a snide laugh. “That’s how I roll! You better step up your game!” As Raini got back to her feet, he darted in and threw another punch, this one right between the eyes. Raini’s head snapped back, hitting the pole and making her ears ring. “What’s the matter? Don’t tell me this is your A-game?” He tsked. “How’d you even make it this far?”

A quiet hiss accompanied Raini’s rise back up. Her eyes glinted and she gave Malzem a small smile, revealing a fang, before disappearing into the shadows.

“Oooh, too bad!” Malzem clicked his claws together as a cyclone of yellow, cartoony stars began to circle him. One by one, they spread around the arena, then homed in on an otherwise-innocuous spot in the dirt. “That’s what you get for messing with an all-star, yo.” The stars impacted with Raini in mid leap, pulling her back from the shadows, throwing her off her stride, and knocking her, tumbling, to the ground.

“Raini better look out, Bob. She’s falling into the same problem she faced in her last matches: her opponent is setting the pace before she can even get her feet under her.”

“Right you are, Harry. Raini needs to come up with something and quick!”

Raini slowly picked herself up. That Swift hurt more than it should have. She narrowed her eyes. There. Precariously attached to one of Malzem’s spikes was a small earring, glinting in the light. Her eyes darted down to the crystal key hanging from a chain around her neck. As she and Malzem circled each other, her mind kicked into overdrive. Will this Metang use any barrier moves? So far, he’s been centered around throwing quick attacks and catching me by surprise… so his battle style doesn’t seem to involve defensive ploys. Good. With barely a twitch of her haunches, Raini disappeared, leaving only a small puff of dust in her wake.

“Nice try!” Malzem said, and summoned a cloud of stars again. Before he could loose them, Raini reappeared behind him and, with a quick paw motion too fast for the eye to follow, she swapped her key with the earring. With another cloud of dust, she retook her original position on the other side of the field, the earring clipped onto one of her ears. Malzem let fly the Swift, not even paying attention to where it went; instead, he looked appreciatively at the crystal key hanging from one of his arms. He laughed.

That can’t be a good sign.

“You are a trip, you know that?” Malzem said, swinging the key around in a circle in an annoyingly casual fashion. He slammed his claws together, and a sphere appeared around him, composed of blue hexagons. It quickly faded, but every so often, as Malzem hovered in the air, it glinted in the light, revealing its continued presence. “Have fun with that Reflect. I didn’t use it earlier because, hey, your key was kind of obvious!”

“Oooh, Bob, Raini’s Switcheroo gambit has backfired on her! Malzem just keeps knocking down everything she does!”

“She hasn’t even landed any damage yet, but Malzem’s been chipping away at her health!”

Raini growled. The constant narration was getting on her nerves. Let’s review. This Metang has a wide variety of moves, and everything I use, he has a counter for. If I leave him with the key, he can use Reflect to block most everything I can do. If I let him have the earring back, his projectiles will just hurt more…

You could almost see the lightbulb appear over her head when Raini’s inspiration struck. This’ll be tricky, but it might start throwing him off-balance… Appearing behind Malzem again, Raini adeptly switched the two items, appreciating the familiar weight of her key.

“Oh, you want the key back?” Malzem said, smirking. “Fine! It was trash anyway.” He opened his mouth wide and spit up a glob of purple, oozing muck. It flew up into the sky, traveling slowly enough that Raini was more than able to dart out of its way, leaving it to splash and sizzle against a wooden pillar. She dashed at Malzem, her key glowing; the Reflect shattered into its component hexagons and she latched onto Malzem’s arm with a savage Crunch. Ordinarily, biting something made of steel would have been a poor move on Raini’s part, but her teeth, flaring with ethereal black wisps, sank in easily.

“Gah!” Malzem hissed and flailed his arm. Raini let go and slid back, grinning triumphantly. “Nice try, but you—” Once again, he cut his sentence short and threw a punch at Raini, but she saw it coming and disappeared. One swap later, and Raini was once again wearing the earring. “I thought we already went over how that was a bad move, huh?”

Raini didn’t say anything in response. She only stuck out her tongue and waved her paw in the universal gesture for “bring it on.”

“Oh, that is it!” Malzem howled. “You’re going down!” He hovered in the air over Raini and plunged a fist down, but Raini had the presence of mind to not be there when it happened.

“Are things starting to swing in Raini’s favor, Bob?”

“Looks like it, Harry! Malzem’s fallen for her Taunt, and now he can’t bring out his Reflect!”

“That’s some nice strategizing by Raini, right there!”

Somewhere in the audience, Maza nodded almost imperceptibly. Raini didn’t notice. The taunt had served to infuriate Malzem enough that he was throwing Bullet Punches with no down time in between. They were easy enough to dodge – his rage was throwing off his aim more than he probably would have liked – but Raini could feel herself lagging. Okay, shut down his defensive moves. Now to keep him from using that same move over and over… This’ll take some good timing.

Immediately after Malzem’s latest Bullet Punch missed its mark, Raini skipped back and stomped her paws on the ground. She let out a wordless yowl, and Malzem squinted. “I see how it is!” he hissed. “You don’t think I can do anything else! I’ll show you exactly what I can do!” Moving more slowly without the aid of Bullet Punch, Malzem floated to her and threw out another punch – this one slower, but with more force evident behind it. “Chew on this Meteor Mash!”

“Niiiice, Bob! Raini’s completely turned the tables on Malzem! Now he’s been Taunted and Tormented!”

“I’ve always heard about cats playing with their victims before they deliver the final blow, but Raini seems to be raising it to an art form!”

Raini smirked at the praise. She still had enough presence of mind to roll to the side before Malzem hit her. The announcers had the right idea – she certainly was messing with Malzem – but for the wrong reason. Sure, she was regaining the advantage, but actually dealing enough damage to knock Malzem out would be hard. So let’s take the time to swing things further my way… Raini smiled and opened her eyes wide, suddenly appearing significantly more cute than she had moments prior. This served to have absolutely no effect.

“Raini used Charm, Bob! But it had no effect!”

“Stop playing games, Harry. Looks like Raini didn’t know about Malzem’s Clear Body.”

Raini cursed herself. If she had paid more attention to Trezzatura when he was still around, she would have realized that Charm wouldn’t have worked. He can’t use defensive moves, he can’t repeat the same move, I can’t drop his attack… there’s just one thing left to try. Raini prepared to flash Malzem another unnerving smile, but before she could, he smashed his fists into the ground. The earth shook, and the tremors struck Raini, knocking her off her feet. The move didn’t hurt quite as much as Raini was expecting – it obviously wasn’t a full-blown Earthquake – but nonetheless it took her by surprise.

“Hah! You might be good at dodging, but I’m got you covered!” Malzem crowed. “I can still slow you down!”

Raini wavered to her feet. The Bulldoze had shaken her enough that she was having a hard time standing. She did her best to ignore it, and focused her attention back on Malzem. She aimed another smile at him, this one more coquettish, and noted with some pleasure that it made his eyes spin.

“Bob, Raini’s still trying to impede Malzem! Even with her speed dropped from his Bulldoze attack, she used a Flatter to confuse him!”

“Is Raini ever going to get to the meat of this battle? She can’t win through status moves alone!”

Thank you both, I understand that. Raini rolled her eyes. The trick will be preventing as much damage as possible before I can whittle him down. But that shouldn’t be too hard. I think I’ve got this one covered.

That was, of course, when the battle turned a rather sharp corner.

First, Raini, when she dodged another Meteor Mash, noticed that, though confused, Malzem’s rage seemed to have subsided. The Taunt had worn off. She took that to mean that the Torment would be done shortly too. With Charm not an option, that meant that the only thing keeping him from attacking her was his confusion. And she knew that she couldn’t risk trying to confuse him again – that would only drive his special attack up even further.

That meant that she would have to finish this now. If she waited, she wouldn’t have another good opportunity for the rest of the match.

Well, Maza, here’s where strategizing got me. Hope you don’t mind if I do things my way now. Raini scowled and faded into the shadows, just as she had at the beginning of the match.

“Trying that again? Forget about Swift?” Malzem said. He waved his arms, summoning the familiar cloud of stars, but this time, they rushed inwards, impacting against him.

“Malzem’s confusion gets the better of him, Bob!”

“Raini ought to take advantage of it!”

And so she did: Raini reappeared without warning and body-checked Malzem in the back, knocking him out of the air. He skidded to a stop, then rose up, an expression that could be best described as a cross between extreme annoyance and rising rage on his face. “You’ve done it now,” he muttered, all traces of lightheartedness gone. “You’re done for.” He rushed into the sky, about halfway up one of the pillars, and with a quick swipe of his claws, he sent it falling to the ground. Raini neatly backed out of the way, avoiding its landing. Malzem flew to the next pillar, then to the next, repeating the process each time. It became harder and harder to dodge each log, but Raini managed until all of the poles were cut down.

“What’s Malzem doing, Bob?”

“Who can say, Harry? Either way, it looks like Raini’s forcing his hand. He’s resorting to some interesting strategies.”

Raini was similarly confused. As Malzem floated back down to ground level, she eyed him warily. This didn’t stop her from disappearing, then reappearing with her teeth latched around Malzem’s arm, but he took the blow stoically and flung her off. Raini flew through the air, landing painfully against one of the fallen logs. She winced as she got back up, then jumped when she realized she was face to face with a pole hovering in the air. It was cloaked in the familiar blue glow that denoted psychic manipulation.

“I’ll give you a chance to concede,” Malzem said quietly. “Otherwise, I’m going to beat you with a wooden pillar. It will be painful.”

Raini’s only response was to focus her attention on another log. Her own psychic powers wrapped themselves around the wood, trying to coax it into the air… but all that happened was that the log rolled slightly to the side. It was just too heavy, especially for how tired she was.

“I warned you, bro,” Malzem said. The log swiped in a vertical semi-circle, catching Raini, knocking the wind out of her, and launching her into the air. The blow sent her higher than she expected, and, in a detached part of her mind, she noted as she flew up how she could see the whole arena. One of the pillars flew up from the arena as well, neatly catching her right as she began her descent. Malzem followed her up shortly afterwards. “One last chance,” he said. “If I let this log drop, you’re going to go with it. Don’t think I won’t do it. I’m only offering this so your trainer won’t have to see his Pokémon fall from… however high up we are.”

Raini looked off the edge of the log. They were up awfully high. She could barely hear the announcer chatter from where she was; they sounded suitably amazed. The fall would hurt. A lot. She wasn’t sure if her own psychic powers could let her cushion her fall; the last time she had tried it, she had been much smaller and much less exhausted. She looked back at Malzem, who was waiting patiently, and hissed.

“So be it,” Malzem said simply. He let the log go. Just as it began to drop, Raini sprung off of it, jumping through the air. She tried very hard not to look down, and there was a heart-dropping moment in which she thought she wouldn’t make her goal. But just as quickly, her paws latched onto something solid again – Malzem himself.

Malzem yelped and started ducking and weaving, trying to throw Raini off. “What do you think you’re doing?!” he yelled, but his protests turned into a cry of pain when Raini sunk her fangs into him. He grabbed her with both arms and tried to hurl her to the ground, but she kept a tight grip and used his arm as a lever to swing herself back up. She landed back on top of him with a heavy blow; the momentum he gave her was more than enough for an effective Foul Play. Malzem winced and started flying a little lower, seemingly as much from surprise as anything else. He spun around in a tight circle, but Raini didn’t give; she latched her teeth back into Malzem and hung on for dear live. The Crunch prompted another yelp, and Malzem ducked a bit further down. At this point, they were not very far from the arena floor again, and Raini nimbly jumped off from Malzem, onto one of the pillars’ stumps, and from there to the ground. Malzem followed her and, as soon as she turned back around to face him, he met her with a Bullet Punch. She tumbled backwards over a log, and took a little longer than normal getting back up.

“After a high-flying battle in the sky, Bob, it looks like both competitors are on their last legs!”

“Does Malzem even have legs?”

“You’re missing the point here, Bob. One more attack should decide it!”

Raini locked eyes with Malzem. As fast as the two of them could manage, they raced at each other. Malzem held out a fist, winding up a punch, but at the last minute, Raini darted sideways and into the shadows. Malzem drove his fist into the ground, then got tackled from behind, sliding into the dirt once more.

Raini held her breath. Did that do it?

The same question was on everyone’s lips. The referee inched closer, keep a close eye on Malzem… but the Metang twitched, then slowly rose back into the air. He must barely have any health left… this really will be the last exchange! Any attack will work!

“You are getting on my last nerves,” Malzem muttered in a wavering voice. “I’m going to beat you. I’m going to—”

“Stop.”

A hush silenced the arena. It was the first time anyone in the tournament had heard Raini speak. Even Jeff was surprised; the number of times Raini had spoken to him could be counted on one hand, even if two of the fingers weren’t there.

“I have something to say to you, Metang,” Raini said in a voice no higher than a whisper. “You have done nothing but assert your superiority over me since we began this match. After this point, I think—”

She stopped her monologue in mid-word and hurled a pawful of coins at Malzem. They struck and deflected off of his hard metal shell, but it was enough. He sunk back down to the ground, and his eyes stayed shut.

“And there it is! Knockout!”

“That was an incredible match, Harry! Neither Pokémon let up for a second! And for this victory, Jeff Azure and Raini are in the running to be the champion of this tournament!”

The crowd roared, but the sound seemed oddly distant to Raini. She barely noticed it when Jeff ran into the field, neatly running around all the fallen logs. He put his arms around her, seemingly not caring about the bandages that still wound up and down his arms. “You did it, Raini. You won. I’m so… so proud.”

“And for his troubles, it looks like Azure is also taking home… Help me count here, Harry. You’ve got better eyes than I do.”

“Sure thing, Bob. Raini just used $160 in rare, old coins as projectiles. Collectors around the world must be weeping.”

ROUND 3 ENDS! RAINI WINS!
    Raini grows to level 34!

---

Jeff sat in his room. The tournament was over. All that was left was the announcement of the rankings. That, however, didn’t mean that the stresses on his shoulders had gone away. Kurtzwick was still missing in action, and nobody had heard from him. Gabi had asked him to go investigate a place where they could hopefully dig up some information on the Black Dragon. And on top of that, he hadn’t heard from Sydney for a while – efforts to locate her through the Guild had failed, and she hadn’t shown up online at any point either.

He sighed. Sitting in his room turning it over in his head wasn’t going to help anything. “Maybe I need a soda,” he mumbled to nobody in particular, then left.

Raini remained on her perch on the bed. She yawned lazily. Though a trip to the Center had fixed her right up, it had still left her exhausted. She hissed as Maza teleported into the room. That was exactly who she didn’t need to see at the moment.

“I hate to admit it, Raini, but I’m impressed,” Maza said.

Raini’s head perked up. That wasn’t what she expected.

“You did show a lot of good moves out there. Even if all of your status moves didn’t take, you kept him off-balance instead of the other way around. You were at a severe disadvantage, but you got through it anyway. Plus…”

Raini listened carefully, her expression neutral.

“That Metang was a jerk. Seeing you shut his mouth with the same trick he kept pulling on you was very satisfying. See? If you strategize well, you can be effective and stylish at the same time.”

Raini gave Maza a smile – a very wide smile that showed an impressive number of her fangs.

“But don’t mistake me. If you lay a paw, psychic or otherwise, on anyone in our family again, I’ll still be the one to take you down. Remember that, Raini. You’re making good progress. Don’t waste it.” Without so much as a noise, Maza disappeared.

Arrogant Alakazam, Raini thought. But she didn’t spend long on that train of thought, and instead fell asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Before story notes: Hannah gave me the Hydro Cannon (for Colby), Energy Ball (for Sinopa), Mimic (for Rick) and Ice Beam (for Rick) TMs. I bought the Fire Pledge TM for Sinopa and the Hail TM for Rick. I’ve had the Essence of Ice Rock for a while now. I also hate writer’s block and that was why it took me a while to get started… Finally got it done. ^.^

(Darin’s POV)

After Sinopa’s battle was over, the two of them joined us. I smiled as Sinopa sat down beside me, and purred as I nuzzled her. She nuzzled me back before our attention was drawn to the arena. Amy had decided to stay until the remaining battles were over.

Unfortunately, before I could even witness the first move I felt something nip my tail. Turning my head, I saw that it was Rick. With an amused purr, I lifted my tail up and he leaped, swiping at it.

(Sinopa’s POV)

As much as I wanted to watch the rest of the battles, my attention was soon drawn to Darin and Rick. Before I knew it, it was time to go back to the hotel room. Once we made it back, Amy had ordered a couple pizzas. Then, we all settled down in front of the television to eat and relax.

I picked at my slice, eventually managing to eat it. One I had finished, I watched as the others devoured the rest of the pizza. Shaking my head, I started to doze off when I heard Amy calling my name.

Yawning, I opened my eyes and saw that Colby was opening a TM box and Rick had already opened his and was playing with the lid. A chuckle escaped before Amy placed the last two TM boxes in front of me. I looked down at them before giving her a questioning look.

“It’s Energy Ball,” she said, tapping the first box. “I know you already know solar beam, but I thought that this might come in handy. The other one is Fire Pledge.”

“Thanks,” I told her with a smile, as I pawed at the first box. It opened fairly easily, and I sneezed at the face full of powder that flew at me when it opened. Giving my head a shake, I opened up the other box and the powder gently swirled around me, before disappearing altogether.

Darin shook his head, an amused smile playing at his features as he curled up beside me. As my eyes drifted shut, I heard Jasmine talking with Amy about having another training battle. She wanted to battle even more now that she was so close to evolving.

The next few days passed by in a blur. If I wasn’t sleeping, I was spending time with the rest of the team. Darin and I didn’t do any training during that time because we still hadn’t heard anything about the results from the second round.

I was dozing off when I heard a frightened squeak and felt the breeze as Rick leaped off the back of the couch into Amy’s backpack which I had been resting my head on.

Yawning, I opened my eyes to see what it was that had startled him and grinned when I saw Dodger perched on the balcony. I chuckled softly as I nudged the bag. “It’s okay,” I reassured Rick before hopping off the couch and heading into the bedroom to get Amy.

“You’ve grown,” Dodger told me when I returned.

“Thanks,” I told him, ducking my head a little embarrassed at the compliment.

“Dodger,”
    Amy said with a smile as she greeted the aerodactyl. “Any luck on finding Flame?”

He shook his head, sadly.
    “Not yet, but I’m not giving up.

At that moment, a sneeze was heard before Rick peeked out from his hiding spot in Amy’s backpack. Only, instead of an eevee, he was now a glaceon. She hurried over and lifted him out as well as two empty boxes, which turned out to be a couple of TMs. Hail and Ice Beam, to be exact.

“Who is this?”
    Dodger asked, as Amy carried him over.

“This is Rick,”
    Amy said, trying to introduce him. Rick, however, buried his head under her arm. Evidently, his experience at being chased by the pair of heracross in the Jungle room was still bothering him.

“He’s a little nervous around strangers, after he had two heracross chased after him.”

Dodger’s eyes narrowed.
    “Where can I find them?”

“They’ve been dealt with. Although if they bully anyone else,”
    Jasmine said, as she lowered her voice, “have no doubt, I’ll get word to you.”

I cleared my throat and tilted my head at Rick. “They’re just making sure that they won’t pick on anyone else like they did you.” He sniffed, gave a nod of his head, and hopped down out of Amy’s arms.

As I watched, he took a step towards Dodger. However, the phone rang at that moment, startling him and he took off running towards the bedroom where he dove under the bed.

I sighed and followed into the bedroom, but I couldn’t crawl under the bed, especially now that I’d evolved. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be too much longer until he was back to his enthusiastic old self.

It took several minutes, but I was able to coax him out from under the bed. When he did crawl out, I nuzzled him. Rick purred softly and hopped up onto my back. My breath caught as his paws landed on my back. They were freezing but it was something that I could and would get used to given his new form.

I smiled to myself as we headed back into the outer room of the hotel. Amy was smiling as were all the others.

“What?”

“Congratulations.”

“For what?” I asked, still not following what was going on.

“That was Gabi on the phone.”

I blinked as I finally caught on to what Amy was saying. “I… Are… Are you sure?”

Amy just smiled.
    “I’m positive.”

I blinked, sitting down so suddenly that Rick had to nip my ear to keep from sliding off of my back. Suddenly, I was surrounded by well-meaning teammates congratulating me. All too soon, the bodies felt like they were crushing me and I began to panic. I backed up quickly, until I could turn around, which I did as soon as I was able to. Then, I took off racing for the door which opened for me as I ran up the stairs to the roof and sat there panting as I tried to calm myself down.

Rick whimpered, his cry cutting through my panic. As, I calmed down, I soon became aware of his needle sharp teeth still digging tightly into my ear. Wincing slightly, I laid down on the roof, where he more or less rolled off of me before pressing himself close.

Before I could even give him a reassuring lick, I heard the roof door opening. Growling softly, I turned my head only to relax when I saw that it was Darin.

“Are you okay Sinny?”

“I am now,” I answered, giving him a small smile. “Thank you for opening the door for me.”

He just nodded his head. The three of us stayed out up on the roof until I felt comfortable enough to go back downstairs to the hotel room. I held my breath as we entered, but everyone gave me some space that I usually needed after I had a panic attack, and for that I was grateful.

The next few weeks kept me busy. The training sessions that Darin and I were having kept getting longer and when we were done, I was usually starving. At least I was getting exercise from the training, otherwise…

It was good to be back at home, and it was easier on Amy in that she didn’t have to worry about the stress of locating a hotel room during this time. We all noticed that it was getting busier the closer it got to date of the final round.

This meant that we were going to need to get an early start if we wanted to arrive with plenty of time to spare and avoid the worst of the traffic. Once more, Amy had rented a car. At least this time, the back seat was even more comfortable than the other one had been

All too soon, it was the night before the final round of the Dragon Games. Once again, I found myself unable to eat because of my nerves. I also couldn’t sit still, and was pacing back and forth across the floor in my room.

It wasn’t long until Yana, padded into the room.
    “Sinopa?”

“Yes, Yana?”

“You should be getting some rest. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day and we have to make an early start.”

I sighed. I know, it’s just…” I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “It’s just that I can’t sleep.”

“Do you want me to stay in here with you?”

“I… you want to?”

She nodded as she padded over to where I was and nuzzled me. The nuzzle brought back memories of right after Amy and the others had rescued me.

“Of course,”
    she assured me.

“Thanks,” I whispered as I rested my head against her side. She started humming and I as I listened to that, everything that was keeping me awake faded into the background and pretty soon I was able to drift off into a dreamless sleep.

All too soon, someone was nudging me awake. I yawned and fought the urge to close my eyes again.

“It’s time to go. The others are in their pokeballs.”

I yawned one last time before I gave my head a shake and struggled up onto my paws. Then, I followed Darin down to the car where Amy and Rick were waiting.

She smiled when she saw me as she opened the back door to the car and I hopped in and Darin curled up beside me as Rick jumped up onto my back and looked out the window. I nuzzled Darin once before laying my head onto my paws and I was asleep before Amy had even pulled out of the driveway.

However, I woke up a short time later and, despite the early start, the sun was already up by the time we made it to the Floating Stadium. Amy parked the car, before climbing out and opening the door for me. She then released Talut who stretched his wings and took to the air, circling around as Amy recalled Darin and Rick.

“Are you ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” I answered truthfully, taking a deep breath as Talut landed in front of us. Once Amy had climbed up on his back, he picked me up and then took to the air once more.

When we had reached the floating stadium, he gently set me down and I gave myself a rough shake as Amy released the others and they disappeared. While she was busy finding out where we were supposed to go, I looked around. There were people everywhere.

“Sinopa?”

I jumped, having not heard her approaching.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you, but we need to get a move on. Your battle is scheduled to start shortly. We have enough time to get to the arena before it starts. On the plus side, our opponent hasn’t arrived yet.”

“It is?” I asked, my voice squeaking slightly as I followed her.

“Yeah,”
    she answered as we passed through a set of double doors leading into the behind the scenes area of the Stadium. When Amy slowed to a stop to look at the sign on the door I looked up as well. It read ‘Sand’. The rooms must have been soundproofed because I couldn’t hear anything going on inside as Amy started walking again.

“Which one are we looking for?”

“You’re supposed to be battling in the Steel Arena. The others have gone to try and find some decent seats.”

She grew silent as we padded along down the hallway. A short while later, the two of us passed a door on the opposite side of the hall that had a sign reading ‘Wood’.

We continued onwards, until we finally reached our destination. Amy opened up the door to the Steel Arena and we followed the signs until we stepped through one last doorway and into the actual arena.

I blinked as I looked around. There was no mistaking why this arena had the name it did. My claws clicked on the metal floor as I walked out into the arena at Amy’s side. There were metal posts sticking up and facing every which way. Towards the middle, I saw one that formed a ring that was just big enough for me to jump through if I absolutely had too. There were a few other bars that had random shapes scattered here and there.

Suddenly, the loudspeaker came to life, startling me, but I managed to keep from jumping this time.

“Welcome everyone to the final round of the Dragon Games.”

Get a grip, I told myself as Amy and I made our way to the center of the arena.

“It’s been a long and difficult road with many fascinating battles. Through each round, we unfortunately had to say goodbye to several contenders until now where we have six finalists competing in the last three battles of these Games. Here in the Steel Arena, we have Amy Wolfsong and her ninetales Sinopa facing off against Cassandra and her rhydon Sela. Who will win? Who will go home disappointed? We shall soon see. Let the battle begin.”

I swallowed when I heard that my opponent was a rhydon. I hoped that the sessions that I had with Darin were going to be enough. At least I had one more attack in my arsenal that was going to be useful.

I saw Cassandra approaching by herself. She was a petite woman with jet black hair and a confident expression on her face as she nodded at Amy. When I saw a flash of red, I followed its trajectory until I was staring at my opponent. She had an earring in her ear and had an eager look on her face.

The referee stepped between us and raised the flag before lowering it and taking off to the sidelines as Amy and Cassandra stepped back giving us room.

Sinopa L.24 Female Ninetales with a rainbow topknot and Crystal Blue Eyes Vs. Sela L.24 Rhydon

I took a deep breath and before Sela could do anything fired off a ray of whitish energy at her. She blinked as the confusion sat in. “Don’t let it get to you Sela,” her trainer stated before giving a grin that send shivers down my spine. “You know the strategy we came up with if we ended up having to battle her.” I swallowed at that as Sela shook her head before looking at me. With a smirk, the horn on her face started to spin as the air between us got colder. Suddenly, the rhydon opened her mouth and a beam of ice shot out. It slammed into me, and I was pushed against a steel bar. It didn’t do much damage, but she didn’t stop once she hit me and the next thing I knew, I was surrounded in a block of ice, the only thing free was my nose.

“Nice work. Now, use horn drill.”

“Sinopa!”

I didn’t hear what was being said, the fact that I couldn’t move had my heart racing. I couldn’t think much less breath as the panic set in. Neither did I realize that the air around me was getting hotter. Suddenly, a jet of flames shot out of my mouth and circled around me melting the ice before dissipating. Once I was free from the ice, the panic began to subside. I looked around wildly for my opponent and found her attempting to drill one of the steel bars. I sighed in relief as I took a deep breath and let it out.

I needed to end this and end this fast if at all possible. Immediately, I began to concentrate on one of my newest attacks. As I did so, I was surrounded by a greenish hue as an orb began to form in the air in front of me. Once it had gathered up enough energy, I sent it hurtling towards my opponent only to stare as it slammed harmlessly into an invisible barrier.

I took a deep breath, not really looking forward to this but knowing it was something that would help me in the long run. Letting it out, I ran towards the steel post that had the circle at the top. Sure enough, I could feel, as well as hear, that Sela was following me. Saying a silent prayer that I wouldn’t get stuck, I leaped upwards sailing through the circle before skidding to a stop and whirling around where I launched a flamethrower at the steel post just as the rhydon tried to stop, but she was going too fast for her to stop in time, her head getting stuck in the hoop. I kept up the flamethrower until the post was glowing red. Only then did I back off, panting slightly as I tried to catch my breath as I glared at her. Turnabout is fair play, I thought to myself.

Before she could recover, I spit a couple tiny fire balls at her. Sela roared a combination of pain and frustration as the will-o-wisp hit as she struggled, unable to get free. In her anger, she stomped at the ground. I glanced around nervously as the arena starting at the rhydon’s location and heading straight towards me began to rumble. As I watched, the posts between her and me were toppled over as if they were dominoes. The one around her neck came loose from the arena floor but stayed firmly attached to her neck.

I winced, my entire body hurting from being bounced around. When I climbed back to my paws, I was immediately award that I couldn’t’ move as fast as I could earlier, but I was still faster than Sela. I began to weave my way around the posts while I concentrated on energy ball again. Sela smirked and didn’t even try avoiding the attack this time which puzzled me until I saw that she was still standing. I blinked. How? I thought until Sela’s trainer answered my unspoken question.

“Now follow that endure up with rest.”

I couldn’t believe what I heard. Giving my head a shake, I blinked at the fact that she was using rest. In doing, I inadvertently gave the rhydon the time she needed to curl up asleep. Snarling to myself, I began exhaling flames until my entire body was surrounded by them and then I rushed towards the sleeping figure slamming into her as hard as I could.

I winced from the flare blitz’s recoil but I quickly jumped out of range. It wasn’t a moment too soon as she began to mumble something before a large wobbling ball of electrical energy shot from her mouth wobbling erratically, and barely missing me by a couple inches. I could feel my fur standing up on end as it sailed past.

I couldn’t take another hit. I knew it and so did everyone else. I panted, as I focused on my best bet in this situation. Once more, I began to glow green as the energy began to create an orb in front of me. As I was focusing on my attack, I could hear Sela muttering in her sleep but I didn’t risk a glance in her direction until I was no longer able to hold on to the ball of energy. As I watched it rocket towards the sleeping rhydon, I noticed that she was faintly glowing a reddish-brown color just before the energy ball slammed into her. I held my breath, but there was no movement coming from the Rhydon.

“Sela, get up.”

There was no response. I sat down, panting heavily as the ref hurried over to check.

“Sela is unable to battle. Sinopa is the winner.”

I won!
    I grew to L. 26.

I blinked, as I looked over at Amy. She had a big smile on her face as the applause broke out.

<Way to go, Sinny!>

I looked towards the crowd for the first time trying to see where my teammates were, but I couldn’t. Instead of continuing to look, I got up and padded over to Amy, so that as soon as we could, we’d go meet up with the rest of my team.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; 19th September 2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: coding
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

The results of the Final Round are here!
    • Rapp Laster and Mossjito: 16 stamps, 25 points.
    • Jeff Azure and Raini: 17 stamps, 30 points.
    • Amy Wolfsong and Sinopa: 18 stamps, 23 points.

This is a rare case in which the writer who got the most stamps also got the least points. I believe that Amy must have focused more on the introduction than the actual battle, which was good nonetheless. All the stories were good, so congratulations to everyone!

And now, what you were all waiting for: the prizes!

-As the winner of the third place, Amy gets any move from the move pool, plus 3 Rare Candies.
    -As the second place winner, Will (or Rapp, depending on how you look at it) gets any move from the move pool, plus 4 Rare Candies.
    -And as the tournament champion, Jeff gets any move from the move pool, plus 5 Rare Candies! Since he already has 15 Pokemon, he may not claim the Dratini for himself, but he can give it away to someone else if he so chooses.

And thus conclude the 3rd Dragon Games! I hope you all enjoyed them. I certainly did.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 22nd September 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: «Battle Writing Tournament» The Dragon Games ~ Meet the winners!

Oh man! Rock on! That was some tough competition! This was an amazingly fun tournament. Thanks for putting it on, Gabi. And right on, Amy and DL! Tense final round too. XD

For the free move, I think I'll have Kurtzwick learn V-Create.
    One Rare Candy will go to Kiva, one will go to Anzu, and the other three will go to Kurtzwick.

Aaaand... dunno what to do about the Dratini. I'll think on it.
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Congrats Jeff and DLl. This was fun. I think i'll take V-Create for Sinopa (if i can't choose that becuase Jeff chose it then let me know and i'll pick another). I'll hang on to the rare candies for now.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Administrator

I suppose you can both have that move. I'm glad you had fun. That alone makes the Dragon Games a success.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Veteran Trainer

Sweet. Good on ya Jeff and Amy . Great ending to a great Tournament.
    I'll stock up the Rare Candies, and..instead of V-Create, which seems to be the creme-de-la-creme, I'll go for Ice Burn.

Tactics over power Can't wait for the next one.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Right! Since I can't take on the Dratini, I've decided to give the Dratini to DL.

Veteran Trainer

Wait...the move pool move can be learned by anyone in your party? Or just the one in the Tournament?

Entertaining quotes!

The real Shonta Moderator

Of course it can be learned by anyone. I gave the one I won to Nama.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Veteran Trainer

Oh what the deuce? That changes everything . I was under the impression it was for the one you used.

....but my other two are super versatile when they get bigger, so I'll stick with what I chose. :p

And thank you Jeff! I will try to open my piece of coal that replaces my heart toward this little living whip

Entertaining quotes!

Administrator

A piece of coal? O_o Where did that come from?

It's funny how changing everything can have the same effect as changing nothing.

Anyway, I'm glad that the Dratini has found a home.

Veteran Trainer

Gotta update and write a story about winning!

Entertaining quotes!

Administrator

Yes, and I suppose our characters should meet at some point now that Rapp has gained so much notoriety.