Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TPML Safari Zone!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: TMPL Safari Zone!

Haha, yay!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Well, that adventure is over... TIME FOR ANOTHER ONE!

I am buying one (1) Ultraball.

Squish and I have an appointment with someone in Crush quarry.
    Her thick fat will keep us safe and warm.

I sware this is paid for. Until the moderators restore the ability to link posts, you will have to take my word for it.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

I'm on the case, have it up soon.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

I've got a question for the heads of this forum -- why are we limiting number of pokémon we can bring with us to three? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I have an interesting idea that I think we could try out:

Let us bring up two six pokémon, but only have three on our person at a time. The other three will remain at the SZ main station, and if we want to switch out, we'd hafta return to that location to do so. This way, adventurers are given a little more variety over how to go about their adventure.

I'd also like to address the one pokémon allowed per poké ball rule: I only ever buy three balls, usually, and it's really only so I can take the max amount of pokémon with me. I very rarely use all my poké balls on pokémon I actually want (re: the quest where I caught Zapdos -- I just used the other two balls on random pokémon). What if you let us bring more pokémon with us based on the amount of points spent -- say, one point per pokémon?

That way, I could bring the maximum amount of pokémon with me without having to spend a lot of money on balls I don't plan on using.
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Great points.

The only reason why three Pokemon were allowed, was because when you go back to the station, your Zone was over.

As for the Pokeballs, well that can be modified, but the carrying of a whole team of Pokemon in the Zone feels a little overwhelming-especially against Legends, although we did instate that one at a time rule, but then having 6 to swap from is well...lopsided. :O

Will run this by the other half in a few days

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Great points.

The only reason why three Pokemon were allowed, was because when you go back to the station, your Zone was over.

As for the Pokeballs, well that can be modified, but the carrying of a whole team of Pokemon in the Zone feels a little overwhelming-especially against Legends, although we did instate that one at a time rule, but then having 6 to swap from is well...lopsided. :O

Will run this by the other half in a few days
    Well, the idea isn't that you're carrying an entire squad, no. You're still only having three pokémon with you at all times -- you'd just be able to switch them out for three others, but only when you go back to the main building. So you're not switching them out on the fly -- but you still get to have some variety, which is nice if you're planning on being in the zone for awhile -- like in Blade's or MLG's cases.

[Edit] Oshi, 7000 posts get!
    -Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Well, the idea isn't that you're carrying an entire squad, no. You're still only having three pokémon with you at all times -- you'd just be able to switch them out for three others, but only when you go back to the main building. So you're not switching them out on the fly -- but you still get to have some variety, which is nice if you're planning on being in the zone for awhile -- like in Blade's or MLG's cases.

[Edit] Oshi, 7000 posts get!
    I approve of this...

Sometimes you don't plan on having to fly, or surf, ect... but then you find something that you can't cross... Being able to swap out to get a 'HM slave' would seem ok to me...

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, actually I like that fact that you go 'oh fuck' if you didn't think about a flying, surfing, diving, etc. Makes you think more about your choice of pokemon for the safzone aswell as giving it a more realistic touch if you can't do everything that you wish for.

Still, good ideas Grey, I'll discuss them with Darkly.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    Well, actually I like that fact that you go 'oh fuck' if you didn't think about a flying, surfing, diving, etc. Makes you think more about your choice of pokemon for the safzone aswell
    It can also be a little restrictive, though, right? I like the Saf Zone because it allows me to use Pokemon on my team that don't necessarily get a lot of action in competitive battles, like, say, my Bellossom or Bastiodon. However, if I have to bring a Flyer (of which I only own *counts* four?)... and I have to bring a Surfer... then suddenly my Bellossom and Bastiodon and the rest that lack handy HM moves have to vie for that last spot.

So I'm all over Grey's idea, basically. Variety is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    It can also be a little restrictive, though, right? I like the Saf Zone because it allows me to use Pokemon on my team that don't necessarily get a lot of action in competitive battles, like, say, my Bellossom or Bastiodon. However, if I have to bring a Flyer (of which I only own *counts* four?)... and I have to bring a Surfer... then suddenly my Bellossom and Bastiodon and the rest that lack handy HM moves have to vie for that last spot.

So I'm all over Grey's idea, basically. Variety is nice.
    UNLESS....

We want to impliment situations in the SZ where 'Cut' and 'Rock Smash' and 'Strength' start to come in handy...

Or 'Defog'

Give those pokemon who get the 'Useless' HM moves a chance to shine in the SZ...

*Edit* I can see it now: "Before you is thick undergrowth. You need the move 'Cut' to pass"

Player - I fly OVER the undergrowth, but BELOW the treeline

Ref - Err... Cut is useless again... Derp derp derp.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    UNLESS....

We want to impliment situations in the SZ where 'Cut' and 'Rock Smash' and 'Strength' start to come in handy...

Or 'Defog'

Give those pokemon who get the 'Useless' HM moves a chance to shine in the SZ...

*Edit* I can see it now: "Before you is thick undergrowth. You need the move 'Cut' to pass"

Player - I fly OVER the undergrowth, but BELOW the treeline

Ref - Err... Cut is useless again... Derp derp derp.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    Well, actually I like that fact that you go 'oh fuck' if you didn't think about a flying, surfing, diving, etc. Makes you think more about your choice of pokemon for the safzone aswell as giving it a more realistic touch if you can't do everything that you wish for.

Still, good ideas Grey, I'll discuss them with Darkly.
    Well, that element of 'oh fuck' is still present if the three pokémon you have on you at that present moment in time are incapable of performing the task that needs to be done, because it would certainly take awhile to get back to the main HQ to switch out your team.

My reasoning for this "up to six pokémon" deal is that, if I'm going to be in a quest for six months (or more in Blade's case), I'm gonna want a little more variety than the three pokémon I'm restricted to.

Here's the pricing scheme I've worked out:

Poké Ball - 2 points.
    Great Ball - 3 points.
    Ultra Ball - 4 points.
    +1 Pokémon - 1 point.

Keep the system of bringing in one pokémon per ball purchased, because that works.

Ex: I'm gonna buy two Ultra Balls, but I want to bring in a full squad of six pokémon -- it'd cost 8pts. for the balls, and 4 more for the other pokémon, bringing my price to 12pts, which I think is fair. I always plan on being in the zone for awhile, because I don't like to plan out my adventures -- I just like to go with the flow.
    -Grey

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I would like to play. I haven’t done this in a while, but I had lots of fun when I did it originally.

I’ll buy two greatballs and one ultraball, and bring my Croconaw, Rhydon and Starmie with me. We’re going to… Uhh, Shinsuke Volcano… Yeah, there… If I’m allowed? O.o;

Croconaw
    Sheer Force

Rhydon
    Reckless

Starmie
    Analytic

Bank~

No names for your pogyes, Crys? Nonetheless, I kinda wanna take this for you, but I'm gonna wait and see if anyone else wants to jump in on it first. If it's not taken by tomorrow, I'll get your first round up, aye?
    -Grey

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nah, I'm kinda in the middle of renaming them, so all of them don't have one. I'm tempted to rename my Scizor 'Sir Scissors'...

Works for me either way :3

All ready for you, Crys.

However, because it's in a different reffing style than the other three, your adventure won't exist in the same canon as theirs, so you won't find the other three whatsoever.
    -Grey

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

So, how exactly does Shedinja operate in ASB again? I just found one and I wanna catch it, but I'm scared a super-effective attack will kill it instantly.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Shedinja has 100HP, just like every other pokémon, so you won't hafta worry about fainting him too quickly. However, his defenses against any attack will be greatly reduced, so his survivability ain't too great.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Yeah defenses would be halved or some joint. Umm Wanted to make a note about something.

Gen V Pokemon. I realize you all don't have updated lists, and that's because we haven't gotten it out to you. The new list has a large amount of...changes that needed to be addressed. So, for the time being, just let me know what Pokemon you have appearing where-so I can jot it down and let you know if its reasonable. Obviously snow Pokemon in Snow areas dun need to be asked about, that makes perfect sense. Nothing crazy like Swanna's in the underground portions of the Caves...

Ex: Oslo reffing-says a Joltik appears in the forest. That's reasonable, its a mite, the electric area is nearby, that's cool.

If Joltik was on Shinsuke....that would be weird and unnatural so no.

PM me if you need clarification.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

I guess we're just shutting the door on my 6-pokémon team idea?
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

o.O No. MLG and I haven't even had time to commune amongst ourselves, let alone discuss this idea. It's on the docket.

Entertaining quotes!

Ah... gotcha -- sometimes I forget that you live in two completely different sides of the globe.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Yeah man. We got that and Mew's Lato@s idea and the whole SZ thing and stuff :O

Entertaining quotes!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sending myself to Wagawhomp swamp with 4 pokeballs.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...d=1#post510425

Bank^^

My Pokemon will be

Brusier
    Machop
    Male
    Guts

Jolly Rodger
    Duskull
    Male
    Levitate

Jiranamo
    Rufflet
    Male
    Keen Eye

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sombody wanna take mine ^^^

Here 'ya go, Cue.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Uh err right... I would like to explore the safari Zone starting with Shinsuke Volcano.

I just bought a Pokéball and as Grate Ball.

I'll be taking Sirius my Male Lucario with the ability steadfast and Aquila my male Braviary with Sheer Force

*Gets my pencil and sketch pad ready* Alright Sirius and Aquila time to explore!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

I'll take your journey Charles, first post up soon.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Thanks Crazy... ^_^

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Alright, I'm ready to go in once more -- buying three ultra balls and taking three pogeys with me:

First destination -- Shinsuke Volcano.
    -Grey

I'll take yours as well Grey. Just pop over to my thread.

Default Re: TPML Safari Zone!

Paying for ASI and Cynder to have a pair of adventures.

Each gets 3 ultraballs, and they can only use them in my zone.

Master Trainer

I'd like to go on a Safari Adventcha with any active ref who would be so kind as to accommodate me. I'm bringing the following ragtag band of Pogeys:

I will be purchasing one Pokeball, one Great Ball and one Ultra Ball for this excursion. Bankage.

And we will begin by heading to... Ffeffni Mountain!

Oh! Dibs!

But I won't be able to start you until Monday at the earliest.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

UNACCEPTABLE. >O

Naw, Monday sounds awesome. Thanks!

Veteran Trainer

I really should ref more, but Drag, papa, Wolfy and I have this lassiez-faire attitude toward it. But ...I think I need to ref a bit in order to get my Pasture zone started. I got plans!

Entertaining quotes!

Grey also needs to start my pick up that he took.... OR ELSE!!!

Oh right, yes. Just bring your stuff over to my thread, Aye, and I'll get on it.
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Ima start a Zone. But first... I got a battle to finish

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    Paying for ASI and Cynder to have a pair of adventures.

Each gets 3 ultraballs, and they can only use them in my zone.

Imma redeem this now, if that's okay? :3

I'll go to the Trolgar mountains, and take:

Sabaku (f)

Levitate

Brenton (m)

Flash Fire

Rhode (m)

Lightningrod