Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Thread] Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders! (Oslo, RaZoR LeAf)

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Thread] Cynder's Cavalcade of Safari Crusaders! (Oslo)

Heyhey, Daddy Electabuzz. I need access to the ASB Archives. Can you help a brother out? Please and thanks.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 19

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain out of the main village. Expect a variety of rock, ground and fire types to be seen among the road to the summit. Can you unlock the code to get into the Archives?

You stroll deeper into the cave and go speak to Daddy Electabuzz. He seems slightly shocked that you know that he knows the next part of the code, but the only sign he shows of this is a look of disproval towards Elekid, who just grins sheepishly. "Yeah, I know the code; but right now I'm eating. Come back later when you've found the other three digits. Unless you already know them, of course." Daddy Electabuzz laughs heartily, almost to the point of choking on his food. "But what are the chances of that?"

What do you do?
    .:Tell him the cances of that:.
    .:Leave the cave:.
    .:Do something else?:.

Brando

Male @ Insomnia
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 91pts
    Moonscape

Female @ Levitate
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 95pts
    Ditto D. Ditterson, Esquire

Genderless @ Imposter
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 88pts
    (Transformation remains for 6 rounds)

Last edited by Cynder; 11th February 2015 at 12:02 PM.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

hehe, I like the probably unintentional pun

He seems slightly shocked that you know that he knows the next part of the code, but the only sign he shows of this is a look of disproval towards Elekid, who just grins sheepishly.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    hehe, I like the probably unintentional pun
    What makes you think it was unintentional, hm? >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    it was xD

Master Trainer

Like a hundred percent? ;D 5 and 1 are the first two digits. 7 is either the third or fourth. Which leaves me with one pesky number to go...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 20

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain out of the main village. Expect a variety of rock, ground and fire types to be seen among the road to the summit. Can you unlock the code to get into the Archives?

Daddy Electabuzz's chortling stops abruptly at your reply, and swallows his meal slowly and deliberately, to give himself a little thinking time. "Well well, I wasn't expecting that. Very well, when I'm done eating I'll set you a little challenge. If you pass it, I'll give you the code. If you don't, you'll have to battle me one on one for it, using only Brando. Do we have a deal?"

The rest of the family have fell silent at this point, interested in your reply.

What do you do?
    .:Accept his challenge:.
    .:Back out and try to guess the code:.

Master Trainer

Sure, why not. (Though based on what I know, it would only takes me twenty attempts max to guess the code. But hey. Challenges are more fun.)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 21

Trolgar Mountain

He slyly takes you to a room in the back of the cave, a fairly basic room with a small table in the centre and various runes painted in gold ink on the walls. On the round table sits what looks like a puzzle of some sort - it's 6 disks of different sizes on a peg . "This is what's known as a Puzzle of Hanoi. They say that the gods themselves use a game similar to this to determine exactly when the world will end. They use 61 disks, you will be using 6. How many turns to you need at least to solve the puzzle?" Your Pokemon look at you, perplexed.

What do you do?
    .:Test it out:.
    .:Ask for a hint:.
    .:Back out and try and guess the code:.

Master Trainer

I saw them do this on Survivor! And then I tried to do it too but failed.

Hint, I guess?
    Last edited by Oslo; 28th May 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 22

Trolgar Mountain

Electabuzz chuckles lightly to himself. "Got you, have I?" He puts his finger on his chin as he thinks of a suitable hint. "Why not try using less disks to start off with, and then seeing if there is a pattern with the results? 3 disks might be a good place to begin, then try it again with different amounts until you spot it." You Pokemon take a brief moment of respite each, recovering some of their energy as they wait for you to solve the puzzle.

What do you do?
    .:Test it out:.
    .:Ask for a hint:.
    .:Back out and try and guess the code:.

Master Trainer

Idk what to do.

So I'mma back out and try to guess the code. Sorry, Daddy Electabuzz!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 23

Trolgar Mountain

"Alright then, good luck working it out!" Electabuzz says in relief, happy he can get back to his meal. "I'll give you a hint - the number left to guess is the same as the first number of the sequence."

You and your Pokemon take leave from the cave, and the family of Electabuzz wave goodbye. You and Esquire hop onto Brando and head back to the cave with a large steel door; it remains as it was before with a keypad to input your 4 numbers.

What do you do?
    .:Try a combination:.
    .:Search again for clues:.

Master Trainer

5175? Or 5157?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 24

Trolgar Mountain

You key in the first combination of numbers, and the lights around the door flash red. It remains closed. When the lights die down you type in the second possible combination and BINGO! The door opens with a creak and reveals a gargantuan library with a dusty looking computer sat on a desk at the back of the room. A Joltik appears to be nibbling cheerfully on the wire.

What do you do?
    .:Look at the books:.
    .:Search the computer:.
    .:Ask Joltik for help:.

Last edited by Cynder; 29th May 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Master Trainer

I'mma kick it old school and search the books. Keeping an eye out for anything about Legendary Pokemon...

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 24

Trolgar Mountain

You scan the shelves of the library for any sign of books about legendary Pokemon, and find them few and far between. However, wedged in between the long forgotten books 'The fascinating world of Dunsparce' and 'The chronicles of Shroomish the lame' you discover a book that seems to have promise - you pull it out and discover a book named 'The myths and legends of Pok-'. Unfortunately, half of the book appears to be burned to a crisp - but the remaining pages have a sliver of readable text on them. You open the first page of the book and see a contents page that says;

'3.................Arcan-
    4.................Kyog-
    5.................Cresseli-
    6...............D-
    7...............Di-
    8...-
    9...............Gro-
    10.........-
    11............-
    12...............Artic-
    13.........-
    14..-
    15....-
    23..-
    2-'

The rest of the contents page is too burned to read, but there appears to be more content inside the book.

What do you do?
    .:Try and salvage information from inside:.
    .:Search the computer:.
    .:Ask Joltik for help:.

Master Trainer

I'll try flipping through the book to see if there's any reference to Jirachi inside.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 25

Trolgar Mountain

You carefully leaf through the book, marvelling at the beautiful illustrations as you do so. Moonscape looks over your shoulder as you reach the page detailling Cresselia, and admires the picture of herself as you turn the page again, going past Groudon and what looks like an Entei before you reach a page with a picture of the wishmaker Pokemon; beneath the large illustration is a small amount of flavour text.

'
    Jirachi
    Wish Pokemon

Jirachi will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity. It is said to make true any wish that people desire. While it sleeps, a tough crystalline shell envelops the body to protect it from enemies. '

As you take a look further down the page, a charred footnote falls out of the book and floats softly to the ground. Esquire goes to catch it but its form melts away as it becomes a Ditto once again; but at least the soft gel-like surface of its body gives the paper a safe place to land. You pick it up and read it; it says:

'Location: Detailled on a map fou-
    Village, its secrets will be rev-
    seeker has granted the wishes-'

Unfortunately, the rest of the paper disintegrates and falls to the ground. You turn the book over to put it back on the shelf when you notice something written on the bottom corner of the book; 'printed in the Old Village'.

What do you do?
    .:Try and find this map:.
    .:Search the computer for hints:.

Master Trainer

Hrm, interesting. Let's see if the computer has any other info.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 26

Trolgar Mountain

After gleaning all the information you could from the books, you decide to go the quick way and enter the search query into a computer. The old computer hums and groans as it turns on, and when it finally gets itself in gear a search box appears onscreen. Seems that the computer has little use aside from searching records in the huge database, there are no options to access the internet or any other kind of application on there. You type in the query 'Jirachi' and you can literally hear the cogs in the machine take motion. Slowly the screen loads, and the text that appears isn't that much different than the information that you already know. However, there are a few more details on the location;

'Jirachi is known to roost in a cave somewhere, with the only indicator of its location being the unusually high amount of star pieces in the area. The location of the said cave changes every year due to a defense mechanism rooted deep inside Jirachi, the same kind of power that allows it to defend itself while still sleeping. There is a map that can determine the exact loaction of this cave, but its location is currently unknown and as of late it has been considered as nothing more than a mere myth.'

What do you do?
    .:Try and find this map:.
    .:Do something else?:.

Master Trainer

Cool beans! I'm going to hop aboard Moonscape and we're going to head off to the Old Village!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 27

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

You hop aboard Moonscape and get ready to leave; Esquire prepares itself by morphing this time into a Honchkrow like Brando. All of you take to the skies effortlessly, covering the ground between the Archives and the Old Village in little time at all. Your Pokemon rest on the journey and restore what little energy they'd lost.

Finally you and your Pokemon land in the old village; the houses all look old and weathered but other than that it looks like a suburban housing estate - but one that's home to Pokemon. There isn't anybody around at the present time, but out of the corner of your eye you notice what looks like a lemonade stand. Aww, sweet. But your guts sink when you realise what the stand really says;

'FREE POKEMON FROM THE HUMAN SLAVES'

Huh, seems like the Pokemon that made that sign wasn't particularly creative when it came down to slogans. Your alarm, however, is caused by the growing queue of Pokemon lining up to recieve what looks like a Pokemon rights pamphlet, on which is a list of seemingly outrageous claims about humans abusing Pokemon left right and centre. Your arrival seemingly doesn't help, as the Pokemon sat at the stand, a simple sillhouette against the now setting sun, yells in your direction. "Stand together bretheren, for the devil has arrived! He enslaves he purest of steeds with his birds from hell!"

What do you do?
    .:...wut?:.
    .:Try and discover the identity of the lunatic:.

Master Trainer

I approach the stand and look my accuser in the eye.

"Wanna keep the vitriol to a minimum, maybe? Listen, you and I aren't so different. You hate Pokemon trainers who are cruel to their Pokemon. I hate Pokemon trainers who are cruel to their Pokemon. The thing is, I'm not one of them. Most of us aren't, in fact. We treat Pokemon as partners and friends. Equals. I would never intentionally mistreat any of my Pokemon or force them to battle if they didn't want to. Ask them yourself."

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 28

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

The Pokemon sat at the stand jumps back in alarm and flutters its wings slightly. It appears to take your words into consideration for a moment before speaking, or squealing as the case was, to the crowd. "HELP! Help! The devil trainer, he is attacking me!" He feigns a faint and falls backwards onto a pile of pamplets, fluttering his wings deliberately so as to scatter them around to the crowd. Every single one of the already dubious Pokemon snatches up one of the flying papers and eyes you evilly. They don't seem to have heard (or in some cases listened to) your words, and are lapping the Togetic's act right up.

The vocal assailant gets to his feet once again, and makes a point by standing atop the signpost above his stand to project his voice further. "As you can see by this trainer's actions, all humans are evil! EVIL! Join PAHAAPTA to stop this tyranny today!" On the back of the pamphlets seems to be a registration form, and you notice a lot of Pokemon in the crowd scratching at the paper with various writing utensils.

What do you do?
    .:Reply:.
    .:Flee:.
    .:Try and stop Pokemon signing the forms:.

Master Trainer

Well, if you guys want to sign up for a bogus cause, that's your prerogative. If any of you want to see firsthand that Pokemon trainers can be super-awesome and not at all devilish, I encourage you to join my quest. I can use all the help I can get.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 29

The Old Village

The crowd of Pokemon look blankly in your direction as they try to decipher any hidden messages your spiel may conceal, then our little Togetic friend makes a connection. "He wants to capture us and trap us in his evil spheres! Everyone, run for your lives!" As the interpretation of your non-hostile message sinks in, the crowd disperses with cries of fear. Well, that was helpful. One Pokemon remains, seemingly frozen in fear.

She's shaking violently and lets out a loud wail as you look in her direction.

What do you do?
    .:React...?:.
    .:Flee:.

Master Trainer

Eep, that doesn't look good.

Moonscape, Glameow doesn't look right. See if you can help her with a Lunar Dance.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 30

The Old Village

Your Cresselia nods and begins the sacraficial dance, calming Glameow slightly, although she still looks nervous.

"You would really sacrifice your own Pokemon to help me?" She says nervously. "You trainers may not be as bad as you seem..." You pull a Poke Ball from your belt and recall Moonscape, but the instant you pull the ball from your belt Glameow eyes you nervously. These Pokemon really have been misinformed.

What do you do?
    .:Talk to the Togetic:.

Master Trainer

Guys, I'd give the spiel 10,000 times over if I thought it would help. I'm a good person and I would never make my Pokemon do something they don't want to do. 99% of all Pokemon trainers are the exact same way.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 31

The Old Village

Glameow tilts her head inquisitively before rubbing herself around your legs like all cats do. N'aww. From out of the growing nighttime shadows steps an unfamiliar figure, who asks you cautiously;

"What about that other 1%?"

He steps out into the soft glow of a streetlamp and you can distinguish what exactly he is.

What do you do?
    .:Ask about the map:.

Brando

Male @ Insomnia
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Moonscape

Female @ Levitate
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 0pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 0pts
    *recalled*
    Ditto D. Ditterson, Esquire

Genderless @ Imposter
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    (transformation remains for 6 rounds)

Last edited by Cynder; 10th February 2015 at 05:12 PM.

Master Trainer

(This is starting to feel very much like OWS. )

Ah, the 1%... yeah, they're pretty much the worst. I can understand why you guys would be anxious about them. They'll screw you over any chance they get. They're easy to spot, though, and almost always get what's coming to them in the end. Keep your wits about you and you won't have to worry about them.

Now, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me... I'm trying to locate Jirachi and I was informed that there's a map somewhere in this part of the Zone that might be able to help me. Would anyone be able to help me?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ahaha, I see what you mean! I'd never even heard of it until you mentioned it, but now I can see it xD I actually got the inspiration for this from ATLoK!

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 32

The Old Village

You give Lickitung the lowdown on the 1%, and he nods approvingly. As you mention the map he appears to be a little shocked that you'd ever heard about it. "The map to Jirachi? Wow, that myth takes me back..." He trails off slightly before focussing on the task at hand. "But that's just a myth; surely you're not looking for that?"

What do you do?
    .:Of course you're looking for it!:.
    .:Say something else?:.

Master Trainer

I am, in fact! Do you have any info that might help me with my quest?

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 33

The Old Village

Lickitung looks at you for a moment in disbelief before making a reply. "Sure, everyone knows all about the map after the 'incident' that took place a few years ago..." Lickitung gestures to Togetic, who is gathering all of the scattered papers and piling them neatly once more, and whispers snidely. "He had a trainer once, one that he trusted enough to evolve. However, the trainer was incredibly ambitious, and like you was searching for Jirachi; but his intentions weren't quite as pure. He wanted to force it to grant his wish - to turn himself into an Arceus so that he could rule the entire Safari Zone."

Lickitung shudders at the idea. "Fortunately, he was stopped. He'd found the map, but the power of the Jirachi that controlled the map wiped it clean so that the cave couldn't be discovered by those of impure intentions. Upon seeing the blank map, Togetic's trainer flew into a rage so powerful that he actually physically abused his own Pokemon, including him. He was later arrested and put into one of the cells beneath this very village, and nobody but him knows where the map is to this day." He falls silent, lips sealed. Even young Glameow's purrs cease as she takes in the gravity of the tale.

"Anyway, after being arrested the police released each and every one of his Pokemon into the zone. Those Pokemon made up what today is the PAHAAPTA, or the 'Pokemon against humans and all Pokemon training activities' group." He chuckles lightly after reciting the name. "They could really use a better title."

What do you do?
    .:Ask about the jail:.
    .:Speak to Togetic about the incident:.

Master Trainer

Do you think the guards would let me have a word with the jerky trainer? Or am I going to have to sneak down there all recon-style?

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    Those Pokemon made up what today is the PAHAAPTA, or the 'Pokemon against humans and all Pokemon training activities' group." He chuckles lightly after reciting the name. "They could really use a better title."
    They might as well be called the OWACA (Organization Without A Cool Acronym)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 34

The Old Village

Lickitung shakes his head. "I'm pretty sure visitors aren't allowed - he's in the highest security part of the prison, and they say he's gone completely mad. Honestly, I don't even know where the entrance for the jails is! All I know is that they're here, and possibly underground."

Suddenly, an oddly coloured Jolteon bolts (pun intended! :U) up to Togetic and whispers something in his ear.

You can't quite make out what is being said, but you hear Togetic muttering to himself. "OWACA, eh? That could work..." He leaves the scene as quickly as he appeared, leaving everyone slightly confused. Togetic resumes stacking, but casts Oslo a dirty look before doing so.

What do you do?
    .:Try and find the jail:.
    .:Ask around for more information:.
    .:Confront Togetic:.

Last edited by Greyfox; 12th June 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Borked the tables...

Master Trainer

Well, I think I have a hunch how to get down there. Togetic, since this is your (former) trainer we're going to see, I feel like I should ask if you want to come along. If that's not really an episode of your life you want to revisit, though, I completely understand. You certainly don't owe me anything. You're also welcome to come, Lickitung.
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th June 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TEAM OSLO'S CRUSADE
    Round 34

The Old Village

You approach Togetic calmly, and ask if he'd like to join you in your quest. He stares at you for a moment and looks like he's about to say something insulting, but bites it back. He swallows deeply and says, "I'd like that. To clear things up." You see his eyes well up a little, but it's blinked away as quickly as it appeared. "Let me get one thing straight though - I still don't trust you, I'm doing this for myself. I won't follow your orders or anything, I'll do what I see fit."

You ask Lickitung the same question, and he agrees too.

Togetic and Lickitung joined your party

What do you do?
    .:Try and find the jail:.
    .:Ask around for more information:.
    .:Confront Togetic:.

Master Trainer

Hooray! Now, let's walk around the city until we find a deserted house for us to poke our heads into.