Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cynder vs. Perfect Chaos (ref. EraGam)

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Cynder vs. Perfect Chaos (ref. EraGam)

Don't you mean Cynder sends out first and attacks first? And how does a Wild Charge do that much damage in one turn Era?

Plus don't forget the stat boosts Leviathan got from the Dragon Dance

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Don't you mean Cynder sends out first and attacks first? And how does a Wild Charge do that much damage in one turn Era?

Plus don't forget the stat boosts Leviathan got from the Dragon Dance
    Well it was a wild charge and reversal. The wild charge got boosted because Leviathan is water and the reversal part of the attack got boosted because she was low on HP.
    Hope that makes sense.

Elite Trainer

Hmm...OK the Wild Charge I understand but since Quartz wasn't even 1/4 of her HP I didn't expect Reversal to do as much damage as you calculated it out to be. I mean if that's the case, then technically Ifrit's Reversal should've done an extreme amount of damage since he was at 1/100 HP before fainting.

I'm not really complaining about the damage so much as asking for a little consistency witb your damage of certain moves, which I found a bit lacking through the rounds. I apologize if I sound rude/come off as a jerk, I'm just trying to be open and honest.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Hmm...OK the Wild Charge I understand but since Quartz wasn't even 1/4 of her HP I didn't expect Reversal to do as much damage as you calculated it out to be. I mean if that's the case, then technically Ifrit's Reversal should've done an extreme amount of damage since he was at 1/100 HP before fainting.

I'm not really complaining about the damage so much as asking for a little consistency witb your damage of certain moves, which I found a bit lacking through the rounds. I apologize if I sound rude/come off as a jerk, I'm just trying to be open and honest.
    Sure, I can go and redo it tomorrow, the damage was a little too high. I'm sorry you don't like my reffing, I follow the Asb movelist a lot. I'll try and do better.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Going against all logic, I'll be using my male Torchic Karura with speed boost.

Start off with a featherdance to take the sting off its attacks, then go for a shadow claw and finish with a mega kick.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

So I`ve looked over the damage and came up with this,

She started with Wild Charge, in the ASB movelist it is listed as excellent damage with moderate fatigue. I always take the highest damage number (12) and the lowest fatigue number (5). Since she`s not an electric type, I`ve deducted 1 from damage number. Since she`s not even half electric, I`ve taken away another 1. This gives me 10 damage. Now, it was super effective, so I take half from 10 (5) and add it up to make it 15.
    Now the reversal. It is listed as excellent - incredible damage. She`s not bellow 25 HP so I`ll be going with excellent. The highest damage number is 12. I`ve taken away 2, because she isn`t fighting. That makes ten.
    Together it makes 25 damage. Is this acceptable?

I apologize, I have recently changed my reffing style and it was somewhere between round 6, 7 or 8. I`m still trying out new things, and I`m not rooting for Cynder if it seems that way. I know I should have warned you about this, so I`m sorry once again, I`m not here to make anyone angry.

Elite Trainer

Alright Leviathan, let's stop that feathery assault by using your own war dance to blow away those feathers and incrase your strength. Counter her Shadow Claw by slamming him with your tail. Counter the kick by hitting him with your tail again

Swords Dance ~ Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by EraGam View Post
    So I`ve looked over the damage and came up with this,

She started with Wild Charge, in the ASB movelist it is listed as excellent damage with moderate fatigue. I always take the highest damage number (12) and the lowest fatigue number (5). Since she`s not an electric type, I`ve deducted 1 from damage number. Since she`s not even half electric, I`ve taken away another 1. This gives me 10 damage. Now, it was super effective, so I take half from 10 (5) and add it up to make it 15.
    Now the reversal. It is listed as excellent - incredible damage. She`s not bellow 25 HP so I`ll be going with excellent. The highest damage number is 12. I`ve taken away 2, because she isn`t fighting. That makes ten.
    Together it makes 25 damage. Is this acceptable?

I apologize, I have recently changed my reffing style and it was somewhere between round 6, 7 or 8. I`m still trying out new things, and I`m not rooting for Cynder if it seems that way. I know I should have warned you about this, so I`m sorry once again, I`m not here to make anyone angry.
    Just to interject here, but STAB is added on and not deducted - and I think that going from the movelist alone may not be lie best of ideas. I personally use the movelist for energy values and things but for damage I turn to bulbapedia and use the base power of the attack multiplied by 1.2 if STAB applies and 1.5 for a super effective attack. Using that method of calculation reversal should have dealt around 8 hp damage and Wild Charge 12 because it's super effective. So that's 20 in total, and depending on how you ref combos there could be some more or less damage, but go this case it shouldn't really apply unless you wanted to ref it as one dual typed attack, in which case you would need to multiply reversal's damage by 1.5. Sorry for the essay, I just wanted to help clear this up.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

It`s not like I always follow the movelist, I most of the time also check bulbapedia to make sure it`s similar to the attack description here... well we all ref differently I guess.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ROUND 8
    Arena = Desert

A desert, far away from civilization. The weather is sunny in the day, and very cold in the night. The sand is hot and can occasionally hurt your feet (unless you find a way to protect yourself - make the sand wet..., or you have a fire Pokemon)

Weather: Sunny

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

73/100 HP
    90/100 PP
    +1 atk, +1 speed
    Swords Dance ~ Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

100/100 HP
    100/100 PP
    Featherdance ~ Shadow claw ~ Mega kick

Leviathan tightens his muscles as he awaits his next foe. A wee little torchic gets send out and immediately proceeds to dancing. Feathers start flying everywhere, covering the ground. Leviathan decides to show him his own dancing skills, he twists and turns like a sharp knife, slashing through the soft feathers.
    Leviathan -5 PP
    Karura -4 PP

Karura`s claws grow bright with dark energy. She runs towards the totodile and prepares to slash him. Just as he gets close enough, Leviathan quickly turns around, shoving into Karura. The torchic gets catapulted backwards, landing into sand and stiring up a small dusty cloud.
    Leviathan -4 HP, -5 PP,
    Karura -12 HP, -5 PP

Leviathan races to Karura, with his tail still wet, and gives her another smack across the face. Karura`s eyes fill with tears, but she retaliates with a powerful kick in Leviathan`s weak spot.
    Leviathan -12 HP, -5 PP
    Karura -12 HP, -8 PP

The Sun vanishes like a blown-out candle. The darkness is once again among us.

Karura`s agility increases with the night.

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

57/100 HP
    75/100 PP
    +1 atk, +1 speed

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

76/100 HP
    84/100 PP
    +1 speed

Notes:
    - PC goes first
    - I tried to be a little more careful this time
    Last edited by EraGam; 7th June 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Elite Trainer

Great work so far Leviathan! Let's start by boosting yourself some more with another draconic war dance. Then follow up by another dance to the rain gods and follow up with an aquatic charge at Karura

Dragon Dance ~ Rain Dance ~ Waterfall

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Start off with a Mirror Move to nab some of those nifty boosts for yourself, then use a well placed Rock Slide to stop him doing the dance. Regardless of the success of the previous strategy, take the hit and retaliate with Counter.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ROUND 9
    Arena = Desert

A desert, far away from civilization. The weather is sunny in the day, and very cold in the night. The sand is hot and can occasionally hurt your feet (unless you find a way to protect yourself - make the sand wet..., or you have a fire Pokemon)

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

57/100 HP
    75/100 PP
    +1 atk, +1 speed
    Dragon Dance ~ Rain Dance ~ Waterfall

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

76/100 HP
    84/100 PP
    +1 speed
    Mirror Move ~ Rock Slide ~ Counter

Leviathan breaks into another dance. He seems to be getting better, since Karura is trying to learn some of his dancing skills. The plain desert turns into a disco floor, with both of the pokemon showing of their best moves. They get pretty pumped up from it.
    Leviathan +1 atk., +1 speed
    Karura +1 atk., +1 speed

Boulders start raining at Leviathan, they hit him hard and trap him on spot. Karura giggles at the totodiles attempts to wiggle out.
    Leviathan -15 HP
    Karura -7 PP

Leviathan`s eyes glow red in the dark and his body envelopes in water. He charges out of the rocky trap, then delivers a spinning blow to Karura. That was pretty unexpected, so Karura does nothing but stand there with his beak opened up.
    Leviathan -8 PP
    Karura -24 HP

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

42/100 HP
    67/100 PP
    +2 atk, +2 speed

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

52/100 HP
    77/100 PP
    +1 atk, +3 speed

Notes:
    - Cynder goes first
    Last edited by EraGam; 8th June 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Start off with another Mega Kick, then use Crush Claw and finish with a Shadow Claw. Mirror Move if it Dragon Dances again, and make sure that you attack last so that you can use Counter on any physical water type move. If it Protects or Detects use Swords Dance and if a sub comes into effect, shove the rest of the commands forwards.

Elite Trainer

Trying to cover your bases huh Cynder? Leviathan, counter Karura's kick by blowing him back with a burst of hot water. Then follow-up on that by crushing him with some rocks and end the assault with a huge torrent of water

Scald ~ Rock Slide ~ Hydro Pump

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ROUND 10
    Arena = Desert

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

42/100 HP
    67/100 PP
    +2 atk, +2 speed
    Scald ~ Rock Slide ~ Hydro Pump

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

52/100 HP
    77/100 PP
    +1 atk, +3 speed
    Mega kick ~ Crush Claw ~ Shadow claw

Karura`s foot begins glowing with pure energy. He dashes at Leviathan, who decides to protect himself with a blast of heated water. The torrent is powerful, but it doesn`t stop Karura from reaching the totodile and kicking him in his face.
    Leviathan -15 HP, -5 PP
    Karura -12 HP, -8 PP

This time it`s Leviathan`s turn to call up on the boulders. Rocks fling at Karura, the poor torchic covers in fear. When he opens his eyes, he finds himself trapped between the rocks with a bruise on his head. Karura scratches out and slashes Leviathan with his fierce claws.
    Leviathan -8 HP, -7 PP
    Karura -15 HP, -5 PP

Leviathan charges a blue ball in his mouth and then releases a fast jet of water. Karura gets knocked out of view. He returns with a pair of shadowy glowing claws and jabs the crocodile.
    Leviathan -11 HP, -9 PP
    Karura -13 HP, -5 PP, +1 speed

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

12/100 HP
    46/100 PP
    +2 atk, +2 speed

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

12/100 HP
    59/100 PP
    +1 atk, +4 speed

Notes:
    - Due to the damage cap 40, the hydro pump did only 13 damage
    - PC goes first
    - Torrent is active!
    Last edited by EraGam; 8th June 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Elite Trainer

Last stand here Leviathan, let's go for the kill!

Shoot yourself forward at Kurara until he's down and out!

Aqua Jet ~ Aqua Jet ~ Aqua Jet

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Endure the hit and strike back with last resort and reversal! (all 3 as a combo)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ROUND 10
    Arena = Desert

Weather: Sunny

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

12/100 HP
    46/100 PP
    +2 atk, +2 speed
    Aqua Jet ~ Aqua Jet ~ Aqua Jet

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

12/100 HP
    59/100 PP
    +1 atk, +4 speed
    Endure + Last Resort

Leviathan shoots himself at Karura. He grunts with pain, but stays put and retaliates with a powerful attack.
    Leviathan *fainted*
    Karura -11 HP, -22 PP

The crocodile falls with exhaustion, the winner is decided!

Team - Perfect Chaos

Totodile - Leviathan M
    Torrent

*fainted*

Team - Cynder

Torchic - Karura M
    Speed boost

1/100 HP
    37/100 PP
    +1 atk, +4 speed

Checked the awards and I think PC gets 2 points, Cynder and me 4.

Elite Trainer

Good match Cynder, thanks for reffing Era

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Awesome, I didn't realise this was the last round! Thanks for reffing Era, and good battling PC: it was certainly a close ending!