Master Trainer

Default Re: Ayeun vs Oslo - Ref: Razor Leaf

Reminder for RL: The Sequel.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I am a bed ref

ROUND EIGHTEEN

Oslo releases his next pokemon onto the field, an elegant yet scary looking Vespiquen, with the unflattering name of Cheerios. Whether she contains cheery oats, cherry corn, cheery rice and wheat remains to be seen, but this Cheerios does not seem 'oh so good to eat'. Her wings move at such a high speed it barely looks like they are moving at all, and she flicks around in the sky watching her foe carefully. Squish smirks, digging her hand into the dirt floor, she pulls out a fist full of dirt and rock. Closing her hand, she condenses it down into one solid mass, then throws it at one of the images before her. Wait... one of? In the blink of an eye Cheerios has created two perfect copies that all dodge and weave between each other. The rock construct collides with one such double, shattering it instantly upon impact.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ 1 Clone
    Squish HP(-0) PP(-6)

Unperturbed by her insectoid foe's dance partners, Squish readies herself another fist full of earth and stone. Both Vespiquen spin quickly in the air, and a wave of hard air cuts across Squish's body causing her to cry out in dismay. Gritting her teeth in anger, she launches the attack at one of the bugs, and this time successfully hits a solid target, sending Cheerios crashing down to the ground, her copy mimicking her movement perfectly and throwing itself to an instant death by face planting.

Cheerios HP(-9) PP(-4) ~ 0 Clone
    Squish HP(-8) PP(-6)

With no copies remaining to provide her cover, Cheerios puts her aerial skills to the challenge. Squish gets another hardened rock in her hand and tosses it at the queen. Cheerios deftly swings to the left, barely dodging the missile, before diving at Squish and running a clawed hand across the fighting type's back. Squish reaches around in an attempt to brush the bug off, but Cheerios has already weaved her way out and is back where she started off.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-2)
    Squish HP(-6) PP(-6)

SUNSHINE
    Duration - 8 Actions
    Fire damage (+3) - Water damage (-3) - Thunder Accuracy (-3)
    Solar Beam charge (-50%) - Healing (HP+10)
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 20th September 2012 at 11:37 AM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

lol bed ref.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Bed ref sounds sexy. Also, Squish should be at 68 HP.

Alrighty, Cheerios... Sweet Scent followed by two Air Slashes!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Thunder punch ~ Fire punch ~ Ice Punch

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Bump for RL

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Master Trainer

RL, I will give you 100 points at the next Tree if you can have this battle completed before 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    RL, I will give you 100 points at the next Tree if you can have this battle completed before 2013.
    I will see that 100 points, and add... Well, I can't get you 100 points, but I'll get you something nice.

Master Trainer

Round Nineteen

Cheerios smiles, if that's what you call a smile when you're a scary insect queen with mandibles instead of lips. She flutters her wings and shakes her skirt like lower body, sending wafts of sweet, delicious honey into the arena. The scent of the amber goo is enough to seduce all by the most stringent of noses, and it has the desired effect on Squish. The sumo's fist was already surrounded in crackling electricity when the sweet scent entered her nostrils. Enticed by the armoa, Squish let the electricity fade and for a moment, she indulged in a little slice of heaven. Above them, clouds start to gather again, and the sun seems to stop shining as brightly.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-3)
    Squish HP(-0) PP(-4)

Sunshine faded

Her foe distract, Cheerios twists her body through the air fast, creating a shock-wave of wind that rushes down to her foe and slices across the bulky pokemons body. Squish yelps in pain, but the sudden movement of air blows away the scent of honey and she regains her senses. Flames ignite around her palm, and she delivers a cracking wallop to the hive pokemon, causing Cheerios to flap her wings rapidly in an attempt to stem the fire.

Cheerios HP(-9) PP(-4)
    Squish HP(-8) PP(-4)

The Vespiquen grumbles, but once again she lets loose another blisteringly painful, sharp shock of wind. Squish grunts as it strikes her firmly in the chest, but this time her other fist is engulfed in a frozen wind and particles of ice. Whilst one side of Cheerios was warmed up, the other side take a blow of ice cold proportions.

Cheerios HP(-9) PP(-4)
    Squish HP(-8) PP(-4)

A Sweet Scent still lingers in the air

Spend a round gathering your seances and clearing your head, then use Fire punch, and finish with Ice Punch.

Master Trainer

Cheerios should be at 73 HP/78 EP and Squish should be at 52 HP. :3

Wait until after she clears her thoughts and then muddle them again with a Confuse Ray. Use Air Cutter followed by an Aerial Ace to dodge Ice Punch and strike.

Master Trainer

WTF is wrong with my math lately? I need an actual calculator, I hate using the one on the computer

Round Twenty

Squish banishes all thoughts of sweet delicious honey from her mind. A difficult task given how yummy it smells, but thoughts of how it's made from bee vomit scraped off the legs of the little Combee's help. The scent lingering in the air soon becomes a mere presence, nothing that will cause her distraction. Satisfied, she focuses on her foe, only to be hit in the face by a brilliant burst of flashing lights. Blinking madly and waving her hands in front of her, Squish tries desperately to clear her vision of the patches of colour and light, but finds it utterly impossible.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Squish HP(-0) PP(+5) ~ Confused

Cheerios grins, and flutters backwards a little. She throws her claws down in an X shape, cutting through the air, at the same time flapping her wings to send a gust of air down upon her foe. An X shaped slash of air slams into Squish, cutting into her and throwing her backwards, here she almost hits the wall of the arena. The Hariyama growls, curls up her hand and throws a fire covered fist at her foe. Unfortunately for her, what appeared to be a Vespiquen in her vision was nothing more than a blinking, yellow glow left over form the confuse ray. Her punch goes wide and she ends up toppling over and punching the ground. Classy.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-3)
    Squish HP(-12) PP(-4)

Cheerios delights at her foes misfortune,waiting for the larger pokemon to regain its stature, before swooping down, dodging around to the side and delivering another quick series of jabs and scratches. Squish groans, lashing out with another punch, this one cold as ice. Cheerios manages to dodge the attack for a second, but Squish quickly pulls back her fist and backhands the flying bug as she flies away. Cheerios shivers as a chill runs through her body.

Cheerios HP(-9) PP(-2)
    Squish HP(-6) PP(-4)

Confusion
    20% of hurting self | 20% of failing
    Stackable (I, II, III)

Master Trainer

Sludge Bomb, Air Cutter, Air Slash.

Brine ~ Reversal ~ Reversal

Master Trainer

Round Twenty-One

Cheerios makes a sort of throaty, coughing noise as she hocks up a mixture of stomach contents and poison. As gracefully as she can, she projectile vomits the sludge at her foe, covering Squish's face and shoulders in the horrid muck. Disgusted, Squish can barely keep her own stomach settled, as she is forced to wipe the muck from her eyes and get it away from her mouth. Seething with anger she places her palms flat together, then draws them apart, stretching a ball of salty water out between them. With one swift toss, she lobs the concentrated brine at Cheerios, soaking the bug in a horrible water that leaves her feeling dirty and sticky.

Cheerios HP(-8) PP(-5)
    Squish HP(-10) PP(-4)

Eager to dry herself, Cheerios flaps her wings and waves her arms madly, generating high bursts of wind power. Daggers of focused wind streak through the air and cut across the fighting type like knives thrown form above. Squish staggers back with each blow, as the wounds cut across the pokemon's thick skin. Growling, Squish plants one palm on the ground, stamps the opposing foot hard on the floor and hurtles forward, leaping at the last second and grabbing Vespiquen form the air. The insect queen is powerless to fight back, and is thrown backwards in a total reversal of Squish's usual slow and steady demeanour.

Cheerios HP(-11) PP(-3)
    Squish HP(-12) PP(-8)

Brushing dirt off her body, Cheerios lifts back up into the air, and spins her body around quickly. Several discs of wind cut off form the base of her gyrating form and spin into Squish like cutting discs. Similes and metaphors fly everywhere, whilst Squish forces her tired and aching body to respond. Weak and on the verge of collapse from all the pain heaped on her, the proud fighting pokemon throw all her fury and discipline into an attack, grabbing Vespiquen form the air, and not just throwing her down to the floor in a fit of rage, but stamping on her too. That's got to hurt! The rage and fury lifts any confusion Squish had.

Cheerios HP(-25) PP(-4)
    Squish HP(-10) PP(-15)

- Cheerios' damage capped at 40
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 11th October 2012 at 04:22 PM.

Master Trainer

Brine did a little much, didn't it? It's only doubled when the target has less than 50% health, but Cheerios had 64 HP when it was used.

Master Trainer

Yep, you're right. Mis-read it as the user below 50%. Lemme fix that.

Master Trainer

Dun smack me plz, but since there's a cap, Cheerios should still be at 24. *hides*

Master Trainer

Bloody picky gays..

Master Trainer

Speaking on behalf of the gays, our pickiness is outmatched only by our awesomeness.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

The battling is the second most entertaining reason to visit ASB. The lively banter is top notch

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Speaking on behalf of the gays, our pickiness is outmatched only by our awesomeness.
    Then does that make this the most awesome battle ever? Two battling and one reffing?

On behalf of the Lesbian's, I say let the errors flow. It means I'm closer to winning!

Hmm... Brine ~ Reversal ~ Reversal.

If he Combos, or goes for a swift kill (Fast kill) - Protect ~ Brine ~ Brine

Master Trainer

RL PLAYS FOR OUR TEAM?! :O :O :O Shenanigans.

Don't worry, Cheerios. We dun need a fast kill.

Use Roost + tiny Substitute to trigger that Protect sub! Then finish her off with a Gust.

Master Trainer

Round Twenty-Two

Hanging on by the edge of her teeth Squish watches her opponent carefully; anticipating a potential double attack, and getting ready to defend against it. Cherios smirks, and calls out a Combee from under her dress (wtf!?). The Combee is covered in honey and beeswax, molded to look like a Vespiquen. As Cheerios settles down to rest her wings and restore her health, she imbues a little of her remaining energy into the substitute, fooling Squish into thinking that's the real her. Unfortunately, this also has the added effect of Squish not realising that a substitution being made. All she sees is her foe sat on the ground, resting. Deducing that a combo isn't being made, Squish conjurs a massive sphere of salt water and throws it at her foe. The combee and wax is washed away in the assault, and Cheerios desperately tries to dodge away form the attack, it's intensity boosted by her own low health.

Cheerios HP(-12) PP(-15) ~ Grounded (HP+25)
    Squish HP(-0) PP(-4)

Disappointed that her plot failed, Cheerios can only sit by and watch as her opponent readies herself for attack. With her life hanging in the balance, Squish has nothing to lose by going all out. She runs at Cheerios, then runs past Cheerios. The bug breaths a silent sigh of relief, oh but wait! Squish performs a sudden reversal and throws a belly flop body slam crushing attack onto Cheerios. Half the audience scream in horror, the other half cheer with unadulterated glee. Squish lifts herself up off the ground and Cheerios pulls herself out of mud, a neat insect shape formed into the dirt like a cartoon running through a brick wall.

Cheerios HP(-25) PP(-0)
    Squish HP(-0) PP(-18)

Her wings bent and crooked, Cheerios shakes herself down and takes back to the skies, any roosting she hoped would help her previously, undone by the last devastating attack. Squish readies herself for one final attack, as her health and energy levels both dwindle near exhausted. Cheerios flips her wings forward and sends a gust of wind towards her foe. Squish barely feels the breeze on her face as she falls over, finally knocked out, but having made her stay on the field as memorable as possible.

Cheerios HP(-0) PP(-1) ~ Taken Flight
    Squish HP(-2) PP(-0) ~ KO'd

Ayeun sends out her unnamed Metagross (g) Clear Body

Oslo attacks
    Ayeun attacks

- Since Substitute fools opposing pokemon into thinking it's the real deal, all Squish saw was Cheerios roosting. From her point of view there was no combo, so she followed her original set of orders.
    - Shenanigans aside, yes I do

Master Trainer

That one was all sorts of lolwut.

Start with a Heal Order and follow through with two Attack Orders.

Bullet punch + Ice punch + Aerial ace combo - We shall call it "FREEZE YOU DAMNED BUG, AND HURRY UP AND DIE!"

Master Trainer

Round Twenty-Three

Cheerios looks on in despair as the hefty, brutish steel frame of a Metagross appears before her. The X on it's forefront a reminder that she herself is close to eXiting the battle. She calls out to her Combee, and three little bugs float out form under her dress (seriously what are they doing under there) each one carrying a little clump of glittering honey. Before she can take a bite of the royal jam, she is smashed in the face by the fists of Metagross. The steel type deliveries a flurry of fast punches, each one delivering a burst or arctic energy with each impact. Cheerios collapses under the strain of the attack, and the Combee's fly off into the audience in an attempt to bolster sales for Oslo's Combee Honey.

Cheerios HP(-12) PP(-10) ~ KO'd
    Metagross HP(-0) PP(-9)

Oslo sends out Amelia the Tyranitar (f) Sand Stream

Ayeun attacks
    Oslo attacks

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

so it's pretty much even at this point, but now Oslo has the advantage of typing. Lawl

Master Trainer

Naw, 'cause Tyranitar is weak to one of Metagross's STABs and Metagross is weak to neither of Tyranitar's, so the advantage is hers. Fortunately, type doesn't factor heavily into RL's damage calcs so it's moot.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

oh, right, forgot that tyranitar is ROCK/dark, not GROUND/dark. Kind of goofed, there.

Magnet rise ~ Brick break ~ Buldoze

Master Trainer

Lead with Thunder Wave. Follow with Counter and finish with Fire Punch.

Sub in Focus Punch for any action during which Metagross is immobilized.

Master Trainer

Round Twenty-Four

As soon as Amelia the Tyranitar is released into the arena, a powerful sandstorm forms around her. High winds throwing sharpened debris around at great speed, enough to shred the skin of any soft bodied pokemon. Unfortunately for Amelia, her foe is one of the toughest. Metagross' body glows and flickers of electricity form around its feet. They brighten, and the steel pokemon is lifted off the ground as a magnetic bubble forms between it and the ground. Granted a temporary immunity to ground attacks, Metagross is hit by an unexpected burst of electric energy, that dampens its ability to move.

Amelia HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Metagross HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Magnetised ~ Paralysed

Sandstorm at ∞

Somewhat enraged, but showing little emotion either way, Metagross tests the waters of its movement range a little, but throwing itself at Amelia. Metagross stretches out one of its clawed appendages and slams it hard across the Tyranitar's shoulder. Amelia is thrown aside by the blow, but in a sudden counter attack, she clasps the steel types arm beneath her own, holding the pokemon in place, and then delivers a powerful elbow jab with her other arm, down onto the limb. Had it been anything but a steel type, we may have been looking at a broken bone here, but thankfully, Metagross shakes the damage off, emitting a low noise, like metal grinding against itself.

Amelia HP(-12) PP(-6)
    Metagross HP(-18) PP(-8)

Finally, Amelia makes a move to attack, her fists glowing for a moment, before flames beginning to burn on her otherwise cold, stone shell. She delivers a quick and powerful uppercut to her foe, the flames softening Metagross outer skin causing the punch to land more damage than normal. Metagross merely backs away, before sending a psychic pulse into the ground. Amelia stands ready, but is unable to defend herself when the ground appears to rise up and hurtle towards her, throwing her off balance and then washing over her in one swift movement. Amelia clambers out of the pile of sand that has formed over her, shaking the debris off her body but finding her feet have clumps of dirt and rubble stuck to them, slowing her movement.

Amelia HP(-6) PP(-8) ~ Spd-1
    Metagross HP(-11) PP(-2)

Sandstorm via Sand Stream
    Sand blows continuously unless suppressed
    Causes 2HP loss per action for non-rock, ground or steel types

Paralysis (I)
    20% of total paralysis | Speed -2
    Stackable

Magnet Rise
    Subject is magnetised for nine actions following the turn it is used
    Immunity to Ground Attacks

Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 24th November 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Master Trainer

Methinks Amelia should have 82 HP.

Fire Fang, Aqua Tail, Fire Fang.

Sub: If you're struck with a Physical Fighting move (though I think that's the only kind Metagross learns), Counter it.

Master Trainer

Bump for the lovely lesbian.

Master Trainer

Whoo! Not a bump for me!

Posting from my phone is hard!

Bulldoze x3

Master Trainer

Round Twenty-Five

Metagross starts to spin and hurtles towards Amelia. The Tyranitar opens her mouth wide, flames licking at the back of her throat. Metagross slams into Amelia, throwing her down the the ground, crushing her into the dirt in the process. Amelia fights back, chewing down on the steel type. The flames make the psychic pokemon's hard steel body more malleable, and her fangs dig deep into her enemies shell. Metagross lifts back into the air, having dug a trench into the arena with Amelia's body.

Amelia HP(-6) PP(-5) ~ Spd-1
    Metagross HP(-9) PP(-4)

Pulling herself out of the trench, Amelia readies for another attack. Metagross spins again, and rushes at the Tyranitar. Slowed by the previous attack, Amelia can't react in time to attack head on and is once again bulldozed into the ground. She manages to roll out from beneath the Metagross, and at the same time swing her tail at the steel type. A rush of aquatic energy follows in the wake of the appendage and slams into Metagross' face. Amelia struggles up out of the ground. Huge trenches have been dug where she has been dragged across the ground, and her ability to move hampered by the grinding and crushing her body has endured.

Amelia HP(-6) PP(-8)~ ~Spd -1
    Metagross HP(-10) PP(-4)

For one more time, Metagross spins and rushes at Amelia, but this time it falls victim to a spasm of paralysis. An electrical surge runs through its body, rendering it completely immobile, long enough for Amelia to stomp over and dig her teeth in. Fire melts the steel casing, and the sharp teeth of the Tyranitar leave a large melted scar.

Amelia HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Metagross HP(-9) PP(-0) ~ Ack!

Sandstorm via Sand Stream
    Sand blows continuously unless suppressed
    Causes 2HP loss per action for non-rock, ground or steel types

Paralysis (I)
    20% of total paralysis | Speed -2
    Stackable

Magnet Rise
    Subject is magnetised for nine actions following the turn it is used
    Immunity to Ground Attacks