Thread: RSEmakes?

Cloyster Moderator

Default RSEmakes?

I've seen this discussed elsewhere, but I'm curious to see what people here think. Do you think that, either in this generation or the next, there will be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, with Emerald features thrown in? If so, what do you think they'll be like?

I think it's unlikely to happen, since this time around it's much easier to get the Gen 3 legendaries and starters in HG/SS, unlike in FR/LG where Lugia and Ho-oh were event only, the beasts were only one to a game, and the starters were in Emerald, but only if you caught all the Hoenn dex pokemon. The only other way to get them was if you had a Gamecube and two certain games for it. Seeing as fans wanting an easier way to get Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, and the Johto starters was one of the reasons many were asking for GS remakes, this seems like Nintendo's way of saying "before you ask, no, we're not remaking RSE".

Now, I said it's unlikely, but I still think it's possible, but if they are made, they'll have to add alot to them. Other than the graphics and new features that are in all current games anyway (like Natures and Abilities), the Gen 3 games were a step back. Only 1 region, 8 badges, no fighting a past generation's trainer, only one version's legendary in each game, etc. If they end up doing Gen 3 remakes, following the precedent from HG/SS, they'll have to add plenty to the games to the point where they don't even look like remakes anymore. Maybe they'll add a Sevii islands like area, heck, maybe they'll add the Seviis themselves. As for the names: LandRuby and SeaSapphire sound like they could work.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Moderator Moderator

Default Re: RSEmakes?

I would be very surprised to see R/S/E remakes in this generation, although it could be a realistic possibility sometime in a later generation, perhaps in the next generation, when we need a way to get some of the older Pokemon. But yeah, I do agree, it would have to have some added features, for one, day/night would have to be used in it, and of course we would want some extra stuff to prevent it just being a remake. In all honesty, the new games have the "almost 3D" look to them, but IMO the graphics in D/P/P aren't hugely different from R/S/E, and right now, I just don't think that remaking them would have the same "wow" factor as seeing Johto on the DS would have.

But I think that it will happen someday... just not for a long time...

I will guess 2012 for 5th generation games and 2014 for R/S/E remakes. Let's see if I turn out to be right. For the record, I am guessing USA release dates.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I don't doubt they will remake them sooner or later but IMO not before the 5th generation has been released. Then they are my no. 1 guess for a remake, next to yet another R/B/Y remake.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Let's see: the remade the first generation with the third generation mechanics, and they're about to remake the second generation with the fourth generation mechanics. If I'm correct, they'll remake the third generation after generation six comes out. Of course, that's just a wild guess...

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah I'm with everyone else here. If this does happen it's going to be in the next gen of games. However as far as the next gen is concerned I think they need to go all out. How about instead of adding another 100 or so Pokémon they just go ahead and make a game where you can travel EVERY region and you decide where you want to start? Maybe one version allows starting in Kanto or Johto and the other lets you decide among the other regions?
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed