Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne Sub: Crystal Tears)

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne Sub: Crystal Tears)

Rules:
    - 2 vs. 2
    - I'll send out the first pokémon.
    - You post the first round of attacks.
    - DQ Time: 1 week
    - Arena: Flat, open air arena. Grass springs from the earthen floor. There is a large pond in the area. It is daytime.

I choose Élan, my male Sneasel.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 29th March 2009 at 08:45 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Ultimate Charizard (Referee requested)

I will ref! *snatches it up before someone else can* XD

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Ultimate Charizard (Referee requested)

Yay, I'm loving how awesome refs are now. Volunteering even before the battler shows up! Thank you, I'll edit the title
    ~ Lune ~

Elite Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne)

Now, would you guys prefer an rp type reffing or a more bare bones reffing with a basic run down of what happens? I dont want to be long winded if itll annoy you guys lol

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

O damn she's eager xD

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Pff. I say do whatever your style does. My reffings were pretty but only included useful information at the same time; no random stuff like what some spectator was eating in the bleachers. But if that's your thing, hey, that's your thing. Nobody should tell you how to do things, and if they do, tell me and I'll smack them with a stick
    ~ Lune ~

Thats cos shes a new ref, the novelty hasnt worn off yet

Ill go with Cyndaquil (m)

Start with Sunny day and then Will-o-wisp. Finish with a Lave Plume.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Élan, open with a Substitute. Follow with Rain Dance. Cyndaquil can't swim, right? Hurl him into the pond using your Strength.
    ~ Lune ~

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*watches from a distance, my voltorb, The Wheel, standing beside me*
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Elite Trainer

Default Re: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne)

ΩLune the GuardianΩ
    VS
    ψUltimate Charizardψ

2v2, Round One

. . .Arena. . .
    Flat, open air arena. Grass springs from the earthen floor. There is a large pond in the area. It is daytime.

. . .Important Info. . .
    DQ Time: One Week
    Lune sent out First.
    Gav attacked First.

. . .Pre-Round Stats. . .
    Lune the Guardian

Élan, Sneasel (m)
    100%HP, 100%EP
    Ready to Battle!
    Substitute~Rain Dance~Strength

VS

Ultimate Charizard

Cyndaquil (m)
    100%HP, 100%EP
    Getting some exercise!
    Sunny Day~Will-o-wisp~Lava Plume

It was a fine day, a cool breeze blowing through the field and the sun glinting off the clear mirror-like lake. Lune and Gav were here, and Lune, having challenged Gav to this battle was allowing him the honor of attacking first. Her Sneasel, Élan, looked eager to battle as the cute Cyndiqual played with the grass. And then, without so much more than a nod between them, the battle began.

Cyndiqual rose its cute little paws to the sky and called forth the sun. The suns rays grew warmer and the cool breeze died as the day began to heat up. Élan wasnt concerned as he concentrated, forming a clone of himself. He did some voodoo magic and animated it, and then some more voodoo to make the Cyndiqual think the sub was the real one.

(Gav: -2%EP) (Lune: -25%HP, -8%EP)

Cyndiqual stares daggars at the Sub Élan, and the flames on his back produce small intense flames that floated over with an eerie light to strike it. The Real Élan snickered to himself as he began an intricate dance to end the sunlight and call the rain.

(Gav: -6%EP) (Lune: -2%EP)

Cyndiqual isnt having fun with the wet weather and cant understand why the Sub Élan has a taunting look on its face after that attack. His temper heating up (hrr hrr) he fired off a Lava Plume at the Sub Élan, however it had a reduced effect due to the rain. The Real Élan cackled madly as her used his Strength to toss Cynda into the lake. Poor Cyn is wet and miserable and Élan high fives his sub counterpart.

(Gav: -12%HP{2 for Lake, 2 for Raining}, -10%EP) (Lune: -6%EP, Sub: -12%HP)

. . .End Round Stats. . .
    Lune the Guardian

Élan, Sneasel (m)
    75%HP, 84%EP
    Haz a friend!
    Sub: 13%HP

VS

Ultimate Charizard

Cyndaquil (m)
    88%HP, 82%EP
    Wet, miserable, and learning to dogpaddle.

Rain Dance in Effect

. . .Special Notes. . .
    I flipped a coin for burn success rate.
    Substitute took 1/4 of health to be created and had a total of 25% health upon creation.
    Will'o'Wisp does nothing but cause a burn, and since it cannot burn a Sub it had no effect. My bad ^-^() Lune's Sub is refunded 12%HP

~Lune to attack next!~
    Last edited by Asilynne; 24th March 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Mistake fixed

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Aw, I was hoping he would drown Hm, the Substitute survived though, cool.

Well, rain or shine, Cyndaquil's near the lake right now, so engulf him in a Surf. If he doesn't like that lake water, we'll make him drink it. Next, reward the cold, wet Cyndaquil with a Hail storm, then spin rapidly in place with Swords Dance to up your condition while potentially repelling flame.
    ~ Lune ~

Right then, protect from the Surf then use Flamethrower to smash that Sub before using Eruption. If she wants to repel flame lets see how she does with full on Lava!

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

ΩLune the GuardianΩ
    VS
    ψUltimate Charizardψ

2v2, Round Two

. . .Arena. . .
    Flat, open air arena. Grass springs from the earthen floor. There is a large pond in the area. It is daytime.

. . .Important Info. . .
    DQ Time: One Week
    Lune sent out First.
    Gav attacked First.
    Will'o'Wisp does nothing but cause a burn so I refunded 12%HP to Lune's Sub. Sorry for the inconvienience.
    Every turn Cyn is in the lake, he will take 2% damage.

. . .Pre-Round Stats. . .
    Lune the Guardian

Élan, Sneasel (m)
    75%HP, 84%EP
    Haz a friend!
    Sub: 13%HP
    Surf~Hail~Swords Dance

VS

Ultimate Charizard

Cyndaquil (m)
    88%HP, 82%EP
    Wet, miserable, and learning to dogpaddle.
    Protect~Flamethrower~Eruption

Round two begins with poor baby Cyn trying to swim back to shore. Good thing babies know how to swim as an instinct whem you throw them in the water....ahem...dont ask how I know these things! Élan seems to think this situation is great fun as he prepares to create a huge wave that would surely drown the poor pokemon. But Gav sees this coming and orders Cyn to Protect himself. The wave washes harmlessly over Cyn, and just as soon as the Surf dissipated the Protect wore off.

(Lune: -10%EP) (Gav: -10%EP)

Élan decides its time for a change in the weather and starts another dance, this time causing the air to chill slightly. The rain began to change to Hail. The icy change in the weather strikes both of the pokemon, but only does half damage due to their ice resistances. Cyn is still pissed off though and shoots out a Flamethower, but due to the fact that hes still floating in the lake it doesnt do as much to the Sub as it should.

(Lune: -2%EP, Sub: -5HP) (Gav: -3%HP{1 from Hail, 2 from Lake}, -6%EP)

Élan is certainly in the mood to dance as he begins a military looking dance, and soon after he appears to be ready to fight. Cyn wasnt taking any of that bullshit and focused a good portion of his energy into the ground around the sneasel, and the ground erupted under his feet, rock and fire engulfing the poor Sub. Sub dies flamboyantly and overdramatically, and Élan takes some spillover damage from the eruption, but due to the heat, doesnt take any damage from Hail.

(Lune: -7%HP, -2%EP, Sub: -8%HP) (Gav: -3%HP{2 for Lake, 1 for Hail}, -15%EP)

. . .End Round Stats. . .
    Lune the Guardian

Élan, Sneasel (m)
    68%HP, 70%EP
    You killed mah friend, I hat yuo.
    Attack +1

VS

Ultimate Charizard

Cyndaquil (m)
    82%HP, 51%EP
    This water BS has got to end.

Hail in Effect

. . .Special Notes. . .
    Hail will last 2 more rounds.
    Gavs protect took as much energy as Surf.
    Cyn will continue to take -2%HP for as long as hes in the lake.
    Eruption did not take any minuses from the Lake due to it having erupted on land.
    Lune was refunded 2%HP because hail does not affect Ice Types (My bad)

~Gav to attack next!~
    Last edited by Asilynne; 25th March 2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: fixing mistake

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thanks, but shouldn't Cyndaquil have lost 31% EP instead of 10%, putting his total at 51% instead of 72%? ^^ Also, since Élan is an Ice type he wouldn't take any damage at all from Hail right? At least that's how it is in the game, Ice types are immune to Hail, just like Rock/Ground/Steel types are immune to Sandstorm. (Just checking to make sure I read the numbers right).

But you don't need apologize, everyone makes mistakes

But thank you for reffing promptly ^^ I remember sometimes I had to wait longer than a week for a reffing.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 25th March 2009 at 01:33 AM.
    ~ Lune ~

Elite Trainer

Shit sorry about that, its late at night and I had msn windows flashing to distract me XD
    Ill fix the energy T.T but Sneasel takes .5 damage from ice, he isnt immune to it, so he still took one. If it were normal damage hed take two, same with Cyn ^-^ Sorry again for that energy thing >.< Im new at it lol

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ah okay, maybe in the animé it's different, I was just going by my knowledge of the game rules - ie: Hail = Ice type immune, Sandstorm = Rock, Steel, Ground type immune etc. I'm no expert of how it works in the animé though so I wouldn't know.

Thanks for fixing the energy, don't worry about it I make mistakes like that sometimes too, especially when I am coding. Sometimes I do really really stupid crap that I want to hit myself for like a fundamental error, like forgetting the difference between pointers and values even though I KNOW the difference... Today I just screwed up three entire programs because I placed one line in the wrong spot. Yup, a single line broke everything. >_>
    ~ Lune ~

Ok now im mad. Aerial Ace to get out of the water and attack before using Double Kick and another Eruption.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Follow that Cyndaquil with another Surf, Counter the kick, then toss him into the lake again with another Strength.
    ~ Lune ~

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hey Lune and Gav, Asi has asked me to take over this battle for her. I was wondering if either of you mind?

Elite Trainer

Dont wanna keep you guys waiting, been doing Safari too much >.< Im not as epic as Dark XD

im ok with it.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I don't mind. Don't feel bad about it. I've waited a month for a reffing before.
    ~ Lune ~

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne Sub: Crystal Tea

Lune the Guardian versus Ultimate_Charizard

Élan ♂
    HP 68 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 70 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    +2 ATK
    HAIL (2 Rounds)

Surf → Counter → Strength

HP 82 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 51 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]

Aerial Ace → Double Kick → Eruption

Ready… Go!

Taking over for her pal Asi, Crystal steps up as ref and the battle begins. Cyndaquil desperately attempts to get out of the pond with Aerial Ace (3 ENG @ Cyndaquil), while Élan summons a massive wave of water to give chase! The wave hits, pushing the fire type farther up on land before it slowly recedes (14 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Élan).

Having happily escaped the pond, Cyndaquil charges up and brilliantly strikes Élan twice (15 DMG @ Élan, 3 ENG @ Cyndaquil). Who, with a devious smirk on his face, counters the finally move and deals ridiculous damage to Cyndaquil (30 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Élan). Cyndaquil stumbles back; he definitely did not see that coming.

Before Cyndaquil can think, Sneasel is onto him, with one mighty throw the poor fire type is whipped back into the lake (10 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Élan). Furious, the Cyndaquil concretes, the blaze on his back goes wild and the ground under poor Élan’s feet begins to tremble. The ice type is sent flying into the air when pressurized air, fire, magma and rock explode from underneath his feet (15 DMG @ Élan, 5 ENG @ Cyndaquil, BRN @ Élan). When Élan lands, the Sneasel winces, he’s badly burned.

Hail continues to fall (2 DMG @ Cyndaquil).

End!

Élan ♂
    HP 32 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 58 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    +2 ATK
    HAIL (1 Rounds)
    BURN 6 DMG

HP 42 / 100 DMG CAP
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 40 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    IN LAKE

Notes
    I do not ref that Cyndaquil receives damage from the pond.
    I upped Élan’s ATK boost because Swords Dance is +2 not +1
    DMG CAP is 40 DMG in one round.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Ultimate Charizard (Referee: Asilynne Sub: Crystal Tea

Not good for us, huh... With that damage cap in place, it's impossible to knock Cyndaquil out next round, but it's possible for him to knock you out next round. If that's the case, we shouldn't have taken the Double Kick damage.

My mistake, Élan, I had not counted on balancing. I'm sorry. Just toss your opponent around with Surf x3. Strategy is meaningless at this point.
    ~ Lune ~

Well if were getting that basic....Double Kick twice followed by a Flamethrower.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Advanced Trainer

Élan ♂
    HP 32 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 58 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    +2 ATK
    HAIL (1 Rounds)
    BURN 6 DMG

Surf → Surf → Surf

HP 42 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 40 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    IN LAKE

Double Kick → Double Kick → Flamethrower

Ready… Go!

Élan looks worried, as Cyndaquil begins to paddle towards him, he summons a mighty wave of water that crashes down on the fire type, tossing him about in the crazy current (14 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Élan). The poor pokemon pops above the surface, panting. He reaches the shore (barely, should’ve seen the dice roll… lol), and promptly kicks Élan twice (15 DMG @ Élan, 3 ENG @ Cyndaquil)!

Sneasel snarls, and once again a wave of water crashes down on Cyndaquil, who is really getting sick of that move (13 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Élan). Taking revenge, the fire type kicks his opponent again (17 DMG @ Élan, 3 ENG @ Cyndaquil).

The ice-type falters, and then falls onto the ground, defeated. The hail does a last bit of damage to Cyndaquil before it stops (2 DMG @ Cyndaquil).

End!

Élan ♂
    HP 0 / 100 KO
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 50 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    +2 ATK
    HAIL (1 Rounds)
    BURN 6 DMG

HP 18 / 100 WARNING
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 32 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I]

Notes
    Lune chooses
    UC attacks

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Excellent work, Élan. If not for the damage cap, you could have won. Honto ni gomen ne... Forgive your idiot of a trainer. Return.

I'll send out Legacy, my silver male Dratini. Tanomu.
    ~ Lune ~

Ooh Dratini...

Will-o-wisp followed by Reversal and Flame Wheel.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Substitute should prevent that burn. Wash him away with that move he loves so much, Surfx2.
    ~ Lune ~

Advanced Trainer

Legacy ♂
    HP 100 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 100 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]

Substitute → Surf → Surf

HP 18 / 100 WARNING
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 32 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I]

Will – o – Wisp → Reversal → Flamewheel

Ready… Go!

With a bright flash another pokemon appears; a beautiful silver Dratini. Who wastes no time creating a doll of itself which is sort of falling apart (10 DMG @ Legacy, 5 ENG @ Legacy). Cyndaquil attempts to burn Dratini badly, but alas, the doll takes the hit (2 ENG @ Cyndaquil).

Taking advantage of her sub, Dratini summons a fierce wall of water to crash down on the fire type (14 DMG Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Legacy). Nearly dead, Cyndaquil runs up to the doll and smashes it in the face. The doll buckles and blows apart (15 DMG @ Sub, 4 ENG @ Cyndaquil).

Finishing off the fire type, Dratini slams him with another surf (14 DMG @ Cyndaquil, 4 ENG @ Legacy).

End!

Legacy ♂
    HP 90 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 89 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]

HP 0 / 100 KO
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 26 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I]

Notes
    UC chooses
    Lune Attacks

Ill go with Mudkip (m)

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Double Team, Shock Wave, Thunderbolt.
    ~ Lune ~

Mud Sport, a widespread Blizzard to try and drop the clones before Mirror Coat.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Advanced Trainer

Legacy ♂
    HP 90 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 89 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]

Double Team → Shockwave → Thunderbolt

HP 100 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 100 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I I]

Mud Sport → Blizzard → Mirror Coat

Ready… Go!

Legacy sees his new opponent and quickly splits into six (3 ENG @ Legacy, CLONES @ Legacy). Mudkip doesn’t really seem to care though, he frolics in the mud and covers himself and a lot of the area around him in mud (2 ENG @ Mudkip, -4 ELECTRIC ATK).

The Dratini doesn’t seem entirely impressed that the arena is now mudded, but he shoots off a wave of electricity at Mudkip, who doesn’t seem as affected now that he’s covered in muck (6 DMG @ Mudkip, 3 ENG @ Legacy). The water type decides to be rid of the clones, and summons a bitterly cold wind to sweep down. The ice and snow zoom down and strike every Legacy there is (14 DMG @ Legacy, 6 ENG @ Mudkip).

Well, that was annoying… Now irritated, Dratini sparks wildly and flings a thunderbolt at Mudkip, dealing good damage (10 DMG @ Mudkip, 4 ENG @ Legacy). But what’s this? The thunderbolt bounces off of the water type and zaps the dragon (16 DMG @ Legacy, 5 ENG @ Mudkip). Good thing for that resistence eh?
    End!

Legacy ♂
    HP 60 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 79 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]

HP 84 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 87 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MUD COVERED ELECTRIC ATK -4

Notes
    Blizzard did less because it was spread out

Icy Wind - Whirlpool - Ice Beam

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Not sure what that Whirlpool is supposed to do since I released you on land...

Thunder Wave, Toxic, Double Team
    ~ Lune ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lune the Guardian View Post
    Not sure what that Whirlpool is supposed to do since I released you on land...
    Not been watching much of the Anime? I havent seen that Danged Piplup use it anywhere near water yet lol

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Oh, weird. I just looked it up on Bulbapedia and it totally isn't like how it is in the game. Looks like just a damage dealing thing. That'll teach me to try playing Animé Style Battling without being able to sit through the animé, XD. I like animé but I can't stand the pokémon one, I've tried to watch it several times. Bleach/Naruto/Code Geass are more my type of thing.
    ~ Lune ~

Advanced Trainer

Legacy ♂
    HP 60 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 79 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]

Thunder Wave → Toxic → Double Team

HP 84 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 87 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]

Icy Wind → Whirlpool → Ice Beam

Ready… Go!

Mudkip decides to go offensive and blasts an icy wind at Legacy (9 DMG @ Legacy, 2 ENG @ Mudkip, -1 SPD @ Legacy). But Legacy wants to make life as difficult as possible for the little water type. He sends out a wave of weak electricity that manages to get through the mud and zap him (2 ENG @ Legacy, PAR @ Mudkip, 30% Physical ATK fail @ Mudkip).

Despite the lack of logic behind it, Mudkip summons a whirlpool to appear around Dratini, but it does minimal damage (2 DMG @ Dratini, 3 ENG @ Mudkip). Despite the twister of water swirling around him, Legacy spews a glob of toxic poison at Mudkip and hits dead-on (3 ENG @ Legacy, TOXIC @ Mudkip).

Legacy uses double team, but with the whirlpool swirling around her, it renders the clones useless (3 ENG @ Legacy). Mudkip takes advantage and fires an icy beam at the dragon (14 DMG @ Legacy, 4 ENG @ Mudkip). Some of the water in the whirlpool freezes, increasingly the damage taken.
    End!

Legacy ♂
    HP 35 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 71 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    WHIRLPOOL (2 Rounds)
    -1 SPD

HP 82 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    MP 78 / 100
    [I I I I I I I I I I]
    PARALYZED
    TOXIC

Notes
    Whirlpool will does 3 DMG each round
    Toxic did 2 DMG this round
    Unfortunately if they can do it in the anime, they can use whirlpool on land here...

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

That mud is annoying. Go as deep into the pond as you can, the paralyzed Mudkip'll have to follow you if he wants to do damage. Hopefully the water washes away the mud. Set up a Light Screen, then attack with Dragon Rush if the Mudkip is in the pond.
    ~ Lune ~