Thread: A Pokemon Story

Petty Officer Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer
    Evidently these genetic forms called 'Humans' have set me on a planet which they have named 'Earth'

Default A Pokemon Story

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon, or any other copyrighted things I decide to throw in for fun. I will try to play nice.

CHAPTER 1

"Mommy, please? Pretty please?"

"For the last time, no!"

Ah, the beautiful sounds of being outside. Walking through my small town of Applea, I
    suddenly realize that in my whole life, it has never been quiet for more than about 3 seconds.
    Especially since today is the annual day that Professor Selsan gives out pokemon to the first
    lucky people to get to her. I haven't made it yet. Not through lack of trying mind you. I just

can't beat the stampede. I sometimes wonder why I am still trying. Still...

"Ariana?"

Huh? I turn around and see Prof. Selsan standing behind me. She has a huge smile,
    nothing unusual there, and is holding a pokeball. One that is violet and white instead of red
    and white.

"Hello." Why am I so nervous? Prof Selsan is a friend of the family. So what is wrong
    with me?

"I know you have been trying very hard these last few years to get a pokemon, so I
    brought you something special. Here you go!"

With that, she hands me the pokeball. I stare at it blankly for a moment, and then
    decide what to do.

"Pokeball, go!"

I threw it out, and it opened to reveal... HITMONCHAN!! MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE

POKEMON!!

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" At this point, I am practically jumping up and down.
    Hitmonchan looks at me like I grew another head. Then he starts laughing.

"Watch it buddy. My brother has a Hitmonlee." I thought it would be a no brainer
    threat, but he got mad.

"HIT...MON...CHAN!"

"Ok, mental note, Chan doesn't like Lee."

"Chan?"

"Make up your mind, are you mad or happy?"

"Chan!!"

"If you just said 'both'..."

At this point, Hitmonchan is rolling with laughter. Unfortunately, I'm right with him.
    Prof. Selsan is just watching. If possible, her smile just grew.

"I knew you would like this one. He is still pretty young, but he is really strong.
    Just be careful around Chris. Knowing him, he will try to drag you into battle before you are
    ready."

"Hitmonlee doesn't stand a chance. Right Hitmonchan?"

"Chan!!"

I started home for the evening, Hitmonchan right next to me. Literally, he was walking
    with me. I didn't want him in the pokeball. It is fun showing off. When we finally got home...

"Of all the pokemon in the world, why a wimp like Hitmonchan?"

My beautiful (ack!) brother was sitting on the porch just waiting for me. I quickly put
    a hand in front of Hitmonchan. Which was good because he was starting to charge forward. He
    immediately stopped.

"Chan", I whispered, "you're doing exactly what he wants you to. If you want to get on
    his nerves, ignore him. That includes Hitmonlee. OK?"

Hitmonchan gives me a blank look, then nods. I pull my hand away. He walks with me
    right past my brother and into the house. And as usual, the first thing we here is...

"EEVEE!!" My little sister's eevee. Who of course wants attention.

"Go play Eevee. Go find Linna." I want to see what Hitmonchan can do, which means I
    need to get to my room. However, someone has other plans.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE!!" I broke the law and
    didn't even pet her. Now I'm really in trouble (yeah, right).

Right on cue, Linna comes running down the stairs.

"What are you doing to my Eevee? You made her cry!"

"I'm trying to get to my room. It's not my fault she likes to bug everyone who walks in
    the door. Geez, give her a toy or something." I walk past with Hitmonchan right behind me. We
    go up the stairs and into my room. Now, unlike most people my age, you can see the floor in my
    room. I keep it clean. I also use it as a workout area. And when Hitmonchan saw the punching
    bag in the corner...

"CHAN!!" I turn around quick expecting to see Hitmonlee coming up for a battle, then I
    see where his eyes are focused.

"I thought you would like that one. That is why we are up here. Now if I can just get
    it out..."

About 1 hour later, I finally manage to get the punching bag out of my room, down the
    stairs, and into the back yard. I don't think I could have done it without Hitmonchan helping
    me. I set it up in the back yard, then the brown fuzzball known as Eevee comes out to play.
    This time, though, Linna is with her. I thought at first that it was a good thing, but then...

"Eevee wants to use the bag too." Linna thinks that she owns the world. Too bad, I have
    10 years on her, and a fighter pokemon.

"Eevee can use it later." I match the oh-so-annoying tone she used.

"No, we want to play now."

"We're not playing! We're training!"

"I don't see why." My brother comes up with Hitmonlee right behind him. "That Hitmonchan
    couldn't punch himself!"

Hitmonchan gives me a really blank look, and then looks at his gloves (If you watch the
    show, or play the game, you will know that Hitmonchan's hands are boxing gloves). I get an
    idea.

"Hey Hitmonchan, remember that thunderpunch I wanted you to show me?" He looks at me and
    nods, looking a little confused. I crack a huge grin, and tell him: "Why don't you demonstrate
    on Hitmonlee?"

I have never seen anyone light up so fast. My brother still doesn't know what is going
    on, but his Hitmonlee has stepped in front of him, giving Hitmonchan a great shot.

"HIT...MON...CHAN!!" Hitmonchan nailed the thunderpunch, which "shocked" Hitmonlee.

Lee went flying back and the wind was knocked out of him.

"Perfect!" I yelled. I looked over at Hitmonchan, and he was pretty happy too. I went

over to him. "Nice shot. That was a home-run!"

"CHAN!" He was pretty happy too. My brother was pissed.

"That was a cheap shot!"

"Chan was yelling, so he had plenty of time to brace for it. Just because you suck as a

trainer don't take it out on me."

Chris was really mad now. He recalled Hitmonlee, and then went into the house. I could

hear his room door slamming. I did not want to be Hitmonlee right now.

Hitmonchan, (whom I gave the nickname "Chan" since it wasn't such a mouthful) and I

practiced for a few more hours on the punching bag, and then decided to call it quits. I

recalled him to the pokeball, then went in for the night. While I was lying in bed, I couldn't

help but wonder what we would do tomorrow.

To be continued...

Don't Make Fun Of The Moderator
    Dont Believe in God Beleive In The Hoax

[Please Note : i Want To be A Moderator]

Beginning Trainer
    Evidently these genetic forms called 'Humans' have set me on a planet which they have named 'Earth'

Default A Pokemon Story PT: 2

coool?
    Last edited by Hoax; 12th April 2008 at 07:23 PM.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story

It is about 3 months after part 1.

"Ariana!"

I look behind me. Chan and I were walking to the Pokemart to get supplies. I never
    noticed anyone following me. My best friend, Sara, comes up to us. Right behind her is Espeon.
    Chan looks at the Eevee evolution strangely.

"What's wrong with him? Hasn't he ever seen an Espeon before?" Sara sounds like she is
    going to laugh.

"Not many people have. They don't have the patience and use the stones. You of all
    people should know that." I look at Chan, and then I have an idea.

"Wanna battle?"

Sara looks at me. She then says, "You're joking, right? A fighter type onto a psychic
    type?"

Chan acts like he just had the world's biggest insult slammed into his face. He puts his
    gloves up and waits for my signal saying he can fight.

"Doesn't look like Chan is afraid." I comment.

"He won't even land a punch."

I give her the maddest look I can muster. "We'll see about that" I say.

We walk a few more blocks until we find an area big enough for them to fight. Chan never
    put his gloves down. I looked at him, and then just sighed. I have told him to relax about 5
    times, but he isn't listening. He wants to fight.

We stand in the middle of the designated area, and I can't help but notice the smug look
    Espeon has on its face.

"Are you ready to lose?" Sara really thinks she has this one in the bag.

"Hope you're prepared to literally scrape Espeon off the ground!"

My next command is to Chan. "Chan, wipe the smug look off Espeon!"

Chan charges forward, ready to punch. Sara does exactly what I knew she would.

"Espeon, psychic attack!"

Espeon immediately complies, but the most it does, is make Chan blink a couple of times.
    Chan comes up, and connects a huge right cross. Espeon is knocked out.

To be continued…

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story

Part 3

Hitmonchan and I walked home from our first real battle. Chan is extremely happy about

how the victory went.

"I told you fighting against Chris' Hypno and Kadebra would help you. Now you can kick

the crap out of all psychics!!" I look at Chan, and he is still in his own little world. So,

just to see what would happen, I drop back and sneak up on him.

"CHAN!!" I yell as loud as I can. He snaps out of it, and I duck just in time to miss

the uppercut that was being delivered. Chan looks at me, and gets scared.

"Mon...chan..." It sounded like he was apologizing for the swing.

"Don't worry about it. I just wanted you to come back into the real world."

"Chan!" He's happy now. I begin to get a little worried. Tomorrow, I will be leaving

for Pewter city to start collecting badges. I am a little nervous.

"Ariana! You won't get away this time!!" My brother Chris comes up with Hitmonlee next to him.

"You won't be using my Pokemon for target practice anymore. Now it is our turn. Hitmonchan is

going down!"

"You're kidding, right? Chan has beaten both of your psychics numerous times. Do you actually

think you can win?" I look over at Chan, and he is more than willing to get to it.

"Hope you know a fast way to the Pokemon Center!" he yells. "Since you haven't caught anything

new yet, I'll be nice and go for a one-on-one."

"Your generosity is overwhelming." I reply sarcastically. To Chan I say, "Are you ready for

another go?"

"Chan!!" He is definitely pumped. We both look at my brother, waiting to see what he will call.

"I choose...damn it where is that pokeball?" Chris begins to search his pockets for the elusive

pokeball while Chan and I start laughing.

"Come on Mr. Pokemon Master! We're waiting!" I call out. Chan is almost falling over laughing.

"Ah-ha! Found it! OK, I choose...Golem!!" A large rock with a head, arms, and legs comes out.

Chan stops laughing and gets ready to fight.

"This shouldn't be too hard. Chan, Ice Punch it!" Chan immediately complies, freezing it with

his Ice Punch. It is now in a block of ice.

"Hey Chris, should I have Chan thaw it out, or do you want to do it yourself?" I ask with a huge

smile. Chris just recalls it and walks off mumbling something about getting me back for it.

Chan looks like he is still waiting for the fight to begin.

"Chan, it's over. You won."

"Chan?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Chan." He is disappointed. He wanted a real fight.

"Don't worry bud. Tomorrow we leave for the Indigo League. You should have plenty of

competition there. But for now, let's get the rest of our supplies packed."

To be continued...

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 4

Chapter 4

Early morning brings the sounds of Pidgeys, bells, the Dodrio on the top of the

professor's lab... and one impatient Hitmonchan.

"HITMONCHAN!!" I respond to his yell by groaning and putting the pillow over my head.

"It is way too early for this Chan. Go back to sleep." Of course, he would be his best

in morning. He is also very persistent. He grabs the pillow away from me, which means I have to

face the sunlight coming in from the skylight.

"All right already. I'm up, I'm up!" I get up and Chan leaves the room for me to get

dressed. I put on a pair of jeans, a white shirt, and grab my jean vest. I then grab my boots

and walk down to the dining room.

Chan is already there. He is also already stuffing his face. It takes a lot of control

to keep me from laughing.

"Morning honey!" My mom comes in from the kitchen (we actually eat breakfast in the

dining room. Our kitchen is small). "I made something special for you!"

"I'm in trouble now!" I know exactly what "special" means. It means overboard. Sure

enough, my mom comes in with a huge number of pancakes on a dish. Chan looks at it, then at me.

It is obvious that he doesn't understand why the huge plate for one person. To be perfectly

honest, I don't get it either.

"Mom, you did it again! You know I don't even eat breakfast! What gives?"

"I just wanted to send you off with something special. Is that so wrong?"

"I never said that."

I end up eating at least some of them. I also share with Chan. He seems to really like

them. I am even in such a good mood that I give the rest of them to Chris (after adding a

"special" ingredient to his syrup. Hot sauce anyone?).

Finally, back up in my room. I need to make a final supply check before we head out. I

am going through the usual, sleeping bag, pillow, blankets, small pots (for outdoor cooking),

flashlight... the camping drill. Chan comes up with something else. When I look at him, he is

holding a Pokedex and about 20 Pokeballs in a bag.

"Chan, where did you get those?"

"Professor Selsan. Why??

It takes a full minute to get to me. He just talked? Human speech?

"Chan, how are you suddenly speaking my language?" I didn't want to be so blunt with it.

So much for tact...

"Translator. It is in the Pokedex"

"Oh. I thought I was going nuts for a minute."

"Can't go somewhere you are already at" Chan smiles at me.

"Smart alek, huh? I'll take care of that."

"Are we ready yet? I wanna get going!"

"Why are you so impatient?"

" I wanna fight!!"

"So go beat up on Hitmonlee some more. Chris won't mind" (insert evil smile here).

"That is getting boring. He can't even fight back. And those psychics of his are weak.

He doesn't even train them yet he thinks they can win!"

"That's Chris." Chan hands me the Pokedex and the bag with the pokeballs in them. I

make sure they are all empty, then attach 5 of them plus Chan's pokeball to my belt. "All ready

to go now. So let's move out."

"Finally".

As we head for the door, we see my brother coming after us. He looks royally pissed. He

stops between the door and us.

"Is there something you want? You are in our way." I have a pretty good feeling of what

it is he is mad about.

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SPIKED THE SYRUP ON MY PANCAKES! I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THAT!!

"Do the words 'chill out' mean anything to you?"

"That wasn't even funny!!"

"Got ya to stop yelling." I have to smile.

"Why... you... you..."

"Will you please move and let us go now?"

Chris just looks at Chan. He looks like he just saw a ghost.

"It...talked...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Chris runs up to his room and slams his

door shut. Chan is a little confused, while I am trying not to laugh.

"That was fun." I pull the Pokedex out of my pocket. "Maybe we shouldn't tell him about

this translator."

"Whatever. Can we go now?"

"What has got you so wound up?"

Chan just looks at me, they away. Something is wrong. I can tell.

"Nervous?" I have to ask him.

"Yeah, kinda."

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. You'll see."

We leave for Pewter City. I packed a good amount of food, since it is at least a week's

walk. Most of it is in Viridian forest. As we reach the end of town, I look back. Chan does

too. No turning back now. But there is one thing I need to know now.

"Chan?"

"Yes"

"Do you want to walk or would you rather be in you pokeball?"

"I have a choice?" He is really surprised. Why?

"Of course you do. If you are uncomfortable in the pokeball, why should you be forced

into it?"

"You are different from other trainers. If allowed, I would like to walk with you."

"OK."

We head in the direction of Viridian City. From there it is easy to see which way to go

to Pewter. Here goes nothing!

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 5

Part 5

For those of you who don't know, I DON'T, NEVER DID, NOR WILL I EVER OWN POKEMON!! All

done now .

Also, just an FYI: "" Pokemon translation. is the Pokedex.

The sky disappeared under the canopy of the Veridian Forest. Everywhere I look is green.

Trees, grass, Caterpie, just about everything in sight. Chan seems to be mesmerized by the

scenery. I am on the lookout for new Pokemon. So far, it has only been Caterpie and Weedles.

I look around some more, and I notice something strange.

"Chan?"

"Yes?"

"Do you see that over there?"

"You mean the Eevee?"

"That would be it. So what do you think it is doing in this forest? Don't Eevees

live on fields?"

"You have the dex. Check to see if it is wild. That would answer it easily."

I can't believe he thought of the Dex first. I pull it out and open it. I then point it at

the Eevee.

Eevee, the evolution pokemon. It can evolve...

"Yeah, yeah I know the evolutions." I push another button on the dex.

This Eevee is wild

"That doesn't explain why it is here."

"It looks lonely." I walk up to it. It sees me, and starts to shrink back against

the tree.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."

"Promise?" The translator gives the Eevee's voice a child's tone.

"I promise." Chan came up beside me.

"Where's your mommy?" I look at Chan.

"Nice and blunt like always, Chan."

"What?"

"Mommy don't move no more." Chan and I both turn back to the little Eevee.

"Your mommy's dead?"

"Huh? What 'dead'? Momma see bad black thing coming, and tell baby to hide in tall

grass. Baby see momma fightie with big black thing. Then momma take nappy. Don't know why.

When big black thing leave, baby go to momma. But she no wakie. Baby is all alone now." Eevee

looks like she will start crying.

"You can come with us if you want."

"No fightie. Baby too little."

"I would never send a little baby into battle. If when you get older you change

your mind, then fine. OK?"

"K. I like you. What your name?"

"I am Ariana." I point to Chan. "This is Chan."

"Chan gonna be Big Brother?"

"Is Eevee gonna be Little Sister?"

"..."

"What?" Chan looks at me curious.

"Nothing." I pause, thinking. "Maybe we should give Eevee a better name. I don't like

calling you by your species."

"Do you already have a name Eevee?" Chan asks.

"Nope. Mommy said no name for babies."

"Well, why don't we give you one... let's see..." I pull out a laptop from my backpack.

"When you said you were packing that thing I thought you were joking."

"Well, guess what, I wasn't." I looked for a while, and then I came up with something.

"How about Michiko?"

"What that mean?"

"It is Japanese for 'Beautiful child'."

"You think baby beautiful?"

"Yes I do."

"Big Brother too?"

"Yes."

"Yay!! I like name."

"Then that is what it is."

I take out a pokeball, and put Michiko in it. I have my first catch...sorta. Time to continue

to Pewter. But I want at least one more before I fight in the gym.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 6

We are still walking in the forest. I am really not interested in the bug pokemon, they level up

and evolve too fast for my taste. I do see Pidgies and Spearow, but none are coming down enough

to catch. I let Michiko out, and was carrying her. I actually didn't mind putting up with the

500 questions she seemed to have every 5 minutes. I was too happy. Chan was walking next to me

as always.

"Ariana, what's that?"

"A tree Michiko. Why? You have seen plenty of them."

"Not that, in the tree. The weird birdie thing."

I look up, and sure enough, there is something in the tree. I put Michiko down, and then pull

out my pokedex.

Natu: a psychic pokemon. It hops to get around and can always be found staring at something

"A psychic, huh? That could be fun." I look at Chan, who is also looking up at it.

"Think you can get it down?"

"With or without killing the tree?"

"I would prefer without."

"Here goes nothing"

"Michiko, you better stay in your pokeball for a while, OK?"

"K."

Chan goes up to the tree. The Natu is staring at him. When Chan punches the tree, it

falls out, but catches itself before it hits the ground. Chan whirls around. I notice the

Natu's eyes glowing.

"Chan!! Brace for a psychic attack!!"

"Ready"

Natu lets loose with a psybeam. Chan is able to withstand it, but it does cause some

heavy damage.

"Chan, Thunderpunch!"

Chan throws the strongest thunderpunch I have ever seen him give. The Natu wobbles a

bit, but somehow is still able go give Chan the "Evil Eye".

"Chan, Back!" As Chan backs off, I take one of my empty pokeballs and throw it at Natu.

It is sucked in, and the ball starts shaking. Both me and Chan are holding our breath to see if

it will escape. Then the ball stops moving and the lock takes hold.

"YES!" I got it. I can't believe it. Chan seems pretty happy too.

"We should let Michiko out again."

"Your right." I take Michiko's pokeball out and open it.

"All over now?"

"Yes."

"New friend?"

"We should let that Natu out so there are no hard feelings."

"OK."

I open Natu's pokeball. It appears, and looks a little shy. Michiko walks up to it.

"No worry, we not hurt birdie."

" 'Birdie'?" Natu looks confused. "Where is your mommy? Your trainer shouldn't have

taken you away from her."

"Mommy 'dead'. That is when they don't wakie no more." It took me almost 5 hours to

finally explain what "dead" means to her.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Why? You no make mommy dead."

"I like you. What is your name?"

"Ariana call me Michiko. It mean 'beautiful child'. She think I beautiful." Doesn't

take much to make her happy. Meanwhile Chan looks ready to puke. Natu sees this, then looks at

me.

"What is wrong with him?"

"Chan isn't big on mushy stuff, and he defines that pretty broadly."

"I can hypnotise him if you want."

"No thanks. I need an excuse to yell."

"HEY!"

"That woke you up didn't it. Now be nice."

"Whatever."

"Ariana?"

"Yes Michiko?"

"What birdie name?"

"Most trainers I've seen just use species name."

"But that has no true meaning." I pull out the laptop again. "First thing I need to know

is gender."

"Male."

"Hey! The girls don't outnumber me anymore!" Chan seems so happy.

"Well, if that is how you think, I will just have to get a few more girls, won't I?" The

only response to this is a groan. "Now, let's see, how about Caelestis?"

"What is that?"

"A Latin name meaning 'of the sky'."

"I like that one. OK."

"Then that is what it is."

"Hey Ariana! Look over there!" Chan points further ahead. I look and see exactly

where we are. The whole city of Pewter is laid out in front of us. Time to get my first badge.

"Everyone ready?"

"Baby no fightie."

"Don't worry Michiko. I won't make you fight."

"Thankie."

We head off into the city. Here goes nothing!

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Default Re: A Pokemon Story

Hoax, just a word of caution. You should probably delete those other threads and put those chapters into this thread and call it like Pokemon Story up to chapter 6.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 7

Chapter 7 (AAAAAAHHHHHHH! I actually wrote this much?!)

The first thing I do in Pewter is head to the pokemon center. When I arrive, I put all

of my Pokemon into their pokeballs and ask Nurse Joy to heal them up. While I am waiting, I

check out the café. Trainers gotta eat, ya know. After lunch, I go back to the center and pick

up my pokeballs. I let Chan out.

"Ready to get a badge today?"

"I guess so" Chan seems a little down about something.

"What's up? You don't sound to thrilled."

"What if I lose? If I am no good, why would a trainer keep me?"

"What does that mean? I am not going to abandon a pokemon just because they lose. Chan,

I care about you very much. If for some reason we lose, we will just train some more and then

try again. That's all."

"You mean it? You won't get mad at me?"

"Of course not." I smile at him. "You are the first pokemon I ever got. All pokemon

are special. When a trainer gets them, they become even more special to that trainer. You,

Michiko, and Caelestis are very special to me. No matter what happens, we will all be

together."(A/N sorry for the mushy stuff, couldn't help it).

"Thanks, I feel a lot better now" Chan is pumped and ready to go now. We walk up to

the front of the gym, then stop.

"Am I the only one who thinks this looks weird?"

"No."

We walk into the gym. The center of the huge room looks like a rock pile. I look on the

other side, and see a person. I can't really tell who in the dim lighting.

"Are you the Gym Leader?"

"Yes. I am Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader. I must say I have a very pretty opponent

today."

"Umm, yeah. Anyway, I am here for a Boulder Badge."

"Very well. Two-on-Two, no items, no time limit."

There was a time limit to begin with? O..K..

"Accepted. Prepare to lose!"

Brock called first. "Geodude...come out!!"

A mini rock with arms came out of the pokeball. I figured exactly who to call out.

"Chan, go for it!"

Chan steps onto the field.

"Geodude...tackle it!"

"Chan...Comet Punch!"

Both pokemon go after each other with the commanded moves, and neither does much damage.

"Chan, Ice Punch!"

"Geodude, dodge it!"

Geodude is about ½ a second slow. The ice punch hits him, and goes critical. It is

knocked out.

"Geodude, return. Not bad. But he won't be able to handle this...!" Brock throws out

the pokeball. "Onix, go!"

A large rock snake comes out. Chan starts to get worried.

"Chan, stay calm. Ice punch and immediately follow with Mach Punch!"

Chan does exactly that.

"Onix, bind!"

"Agility!"

Onix misses the bind, and Chan connects with both punches. They do heavy damage, but are

not enough to knock it out. Onix comes around again with the bind attack, and this time catches

Chan. Chan's arms are trapped at his sides now, and he can't punch. But we have a little trick

up for that occasion... can you say TM?

"Chan...MEGA KICK!!"

Chan kicks Onix, which he of course hits. Onix finally goes down.

"Onix, return. Mega kick, huh? He doesn't look like a Hitmonlee."

"It is a perfectly legal TM."

"I know. I have just never seen it on a Monchan before." He walks over to me. "Here is

your badge, you earned it."

A little while later (after a healing trip at the pokecenter) we are sitting on a bench

in a small park. I have all of my Pokemon out.

"Pretty button." Michiko seems mesmerized by the badge.

"So how do we carry it? We need something to put the badges in." Chan probably wants

to wear it.

"I was thinking my laptop." I open it and establish the connection. "There is a feature

where we can store items here. I can store them there, and then when we enter the tournament, I

can get them before we go to registration!"

"Is it protected? What is the password?"

"Number one, yes it is protected. Number two, I will NOT tell my password Caelestis."

"Just testing."

"Sure you were."

"Little baby hungie."

"Again? You just had lunch."

"Want a cookie"

I dig through my bag and come up with some pokemon treats I bought earlier. "Here, you

can have a couple now, but nothing more 'til dinner. OK?"

"OK!!" Doesn't take much to make her happy at all.

Chan just watches as Michiko wolfs down the treats. Even Caelestis is surprised that she

could get them down that fast.

"Did you even get to taste them, or did they go straight to your stomach?"

"Chan, be nice."

Michiko decides that it is naptime, and curls up on my lap. I just pet her for a while

as she falls asleep.

"Poor little one." Caelestis seems sad. "What exactly happened to her mommy and

daddy?"

"We don't know about her daddy, but her mom was killed by a dark type pokemon. She said

a "big, black thing" came up and fought with her mom. Then she fell on the field."

"Poor child. She is all alone now."

"Ariana here with baby." We all look at Michiko. She is still sleepy, but she is

awake. "Ariana new mommy. She love me, feed me yummy stuff, and take care of me."

"You are such a sweetheart." Michiko looks like she wants to go back to napping, so we

put her into her pokeball so we won't disturb her. Then we head for Mt. Moon. This should be

interesting!

Hi again!! Sorry for the sappy stuff near the beginning, but I felt it was necessary. Anyway...

ON TO THE NEXT BADGE!!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Welcome to the forums, Hoax! (Hehe, nothing like a suspicious username.) Glad you found us. I had to merge your topics because at TPM you're supposed to post all chapters of a fic in the same topic. Thanks for sharing! "I just can't beat the stampede" made me laugh. The line length makes it hard to read though; why are the lines all broken up? See ya around!
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 8

Part 8

We stop at the pokemon center just outside of Mt. Moon. I give my pokemon to Nurse Joy

to heal. While I am waiting, I spot a young boy about my age on the other side of the center.

He comes over to me.

"Hi. What's your name?" he asks.

"That depends on who wants to know." I reply.

He laughs. "I'm not trying to pick you up."

"In that case, my name is Ariana. What's yours?"

"Calatain."

"Cool name."

"Thanks, I like it." He looks up, and so do I. Nurse Joy comes over with my pokeballs on

a tray.

"Here you go!" She says. The only person I have seen smile that much was Prof. Selsan.

Great, now I'm homesick.

"You're a trainer?" asks Calatain.

"Yup." I take the balls and attach them to my belt, but not before letting Chan out. He

looks at Calatain suspiciously. Calatain backs up a step.

"Don't worry. He won't hurt you unless you act like you will attack."

"Ok..."

"Do you have any pokemon?"

Calatain gets all proud. "You're looking at the future Pokemon Master!" As he says that,

he pulls out a pokeball. He throws it out and releases a Machoke.

"Cool. But I will be master first. Then you will have to go through Chan here."

"Machoke could beat the living daylights out of him any day."

I turn to Chan. "He insulted you. Wanna rectify that?"

"Of course!"

I turn back to Calatain. "Wanna battle?"

"Let's go outside so we don't disturb Nurse Joy."

OUTSIDE:

Calatain and I are facing each other. Chan and Machoke are exchanging glares. Calatain suddenly

brightens.

"Ariana, how many pokemon do you have?"

"Three, but one doesn't fight."

"Wanna go 2-on-2 then?"

"You wanna lose that badly?"

"You're on!" He gets pumped. "Machoke, Vital Throw!"

"Chan, Mach Punch!"

Machoke misses the Vital throw. Chan, however, connects and does major damage. But Machoke is

not out of this yet.

"Seismic Toss!" Calatain yells.

"Chan, HI JUMP KICK!!"

Chan gets his move off before Machoke. Machoke goes down. Calatain recalls it. He pulls out

another pokeball.

"I still have one more try!" He throws the ball. "I choose...Noctowl!!"

The owl pokemon appears. Chan remains calm. But I get a little nervous. This guy really knows

what he is doing. But I am not giving up.

"Chan, bring it back down to earth!"

"Noctowl, CONFUSION!"

The psychic attack does its damage, but not enough. Chan manages to connect with the Thunder

punch and it falls back to the ground, fainted. Calatain walks up to me.

"I have never seen a fighter with such a strong defense against psychic moves."

"Chan is very special. But it looks like he needs a break."

"DO NOT!"

"Sorry Chan. I am not going into Mt. Moon with you at anything less than full power." I recall

Chan, and both Calatain and I go back and have the combatants healed again.

"So what else do you have?" Calatain asks while we are waiting.

"I have a Natu named Caelestis and a baby Eevee named Michiko. Michiko is the one who doesn't

fight." Nurse Joy comes up with our pokeballs, and we take them. I let Chan out again.

"That trip was unnecessary." Chan says.

"Better safe than sorry."

Calatain just looks at us. He shifts his gaze over to Chan.

"Ariana... how did you teach him to speak?"

"Huh?" It takes a minute to figure out what he means. Then I pull out the pokedex. "This has a

translator in it."

"Oh. I thought I was losing it for a bit there."

"Ariana lost it long ago."

"Watch it smart alek..."

Calatain thinks a minute. "Hey Ariana, where are you off to?"

"League challenge. I already have one badge. The next on is in Cerulean. Why?"

"Mind if I join you? I am on the challenge too. Let me guess, you beat up Brock?"

"Yeah, but I had type advantage. And a pokemon who doesn't know when to quit." I look at Chan who

is staring off into space. "Chan is going to be my personal slave for the next two weeks."

"WHAT!"

"See what happens when you don't pay attention?" Chan just grumbles. "Come on Chan. Lighten

up. Let's go." I turn to Calatain. "If you can put up with this," I point to Chan, who is

playing with the door itching to leave, "then you can come."

"I think I can handle it." We leave for Mt. Moon, one friend richer.

I'm going!! But I'll get there as soon as I get a certain pokemon I want... See ya!!

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 9

Ch 9

Disclaimer: I still don't own it...

Calatain and I enter Mt. Moon. It is really dark, and I immediately regret not having a flashlight. However, Calatain is prepared with a spotlight (gotta have some fun) and has turned it on. Chan blinks in the sudden brightness.

"I'm glad someone was prepared." I say.

Calatain turns to me. "You didn't pack one?" He continues to scan the area.

"I thought I did, but I can't find it now." I look around. Then I look down. "Now THIS is out of place..."

"(What did you find?)" Chan asks. He comes over to me, and so does Calatain. They look where I am pointing. On the ground is a pokemon egg. Calatain picks it up and shines the light on it.

"(What is that supposed to do?)" Chan asks.

"Sometimes you can tell what is in it like this. Unfortunately not this time though." He puts his light down. "So who's carrying it?"

"I have room in my backpack if that helps."

We very carefully put the egg in my backpack and wrap a blanket around it. We then continue on.

After about 3 hours of walking, we are still in the mountain. I'm getting exhausted, and I am not the only one... Chan looks like he could use a break. Calatain finally voices it.

"I think we should stop a minute."

"(Ya think?)" Chan says. I glare at him.

"Chan, be nice."

"(Fine.)" Calatain smiles. He then looks at his map.

"According to this, we should be close to the exit." Chan perks up.

"(Then what are we waiting for?!)" Chan almost runs ahead, but I grab his glove and hold him back.

"Chill out a minute will ya?" I still haven't rested enough. But Chan is very persuasive and we end up moving again. I can't believe I lost to him on that argument...-- I think. However, with minimal difficulty, we exit the cave. Both Calatain and I decide to let our pokemon out for some air. Michiko looks around and then runs behind me. I chuckle. Caelestis looks around and stretches. Calatain lets his Machoke and Noctowl out for some air. I look down at Michiko.

"You don't have to be afraid Michiko. They won't hurt you." Michiko pops her head around my legs.

"(Promise?)" Calatain's Noctowl comes up to her.

"(Don't worry little one. You have nothing to fear.)”

"(OK...)" She comes out and sits down. We all find places to sit. I take off my backpack and pull out the egg.

"OK, now that we have some light, let's take a look at you." All of our pokemon (except Chan) look at us surprised. Michiko walks up and sniffs it.

"(What's in it?)" She asks.

"I don't know. We won't until it hatches."

Caelestis walks up and looks at it. "(How long will that be?)" he asks.

I shrug. "I have no clue. Calatian?"

Calatain shakes his head. "Not a clue. It varies with the pokemon anyway. So unless we knew what was in it... we would never guess it."

"(Baby hungry.)"

"(Here we go again)" Chan is always so thrilled.

"Be nice." I tell him. I reach into my backpack. I then pull out some food and bowls. I pour some of the poke-food into a bowl and put it in front of Michiko. She doesn't even wait for it to be put down before stuffing her face. Caelestis just looks at her while I give him his food. He then eats as well, slower than the little Eevee. Chan just takes his own right out of the box. -- I just shake my head at that. Calatain is feeding his pokemon. Then we get out our lunches.

"(Still hungry.)" Michiko is already done? I groan.

"Sorry Michiko. No more until dinner." Michiko then does the 'little kid going to faint' routine. "Not buying it Michiko."

"(Really?)"

"You'll live. Don't worry."

We start walking again with our pokemon out. The egg we found is back in my backpack, and I am carrying Michiko. As we walk along, we begin to see the skyline of a city.

"That's Cerulean City. Ready for the next badge?"

"Chan, you think you can take some water pokemon?"

"(Of course!)"

"How about you Caelestis?"

"(They won't even get close to me.)"

I smile as we continue on our way. But something is bothering me. Inside my backpack, I thought... I felt the egg moving...

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 10

I know it's been a while... I lost the Excel sheet that goes with the story...

Me and Calatain enter Cerulean City. I stop and look around. Both me and Chan are amazed at

the city. Fountains are everywhere... and dominating the skyline is the Gym itself. I turn to

Calatain.

"So where's the Pokemon Center?" I ask. He points down the road.

"Near the Gym, actually..." Chan look annoyed.

"Why do we need to go there?" he asks. I just shake my head.

"Because you are not going into a gym battle at any less than 100. Got it?" I grab his

arm and drag him to the Pokemon center. Calatain has to run to keep up.

When we finally get to the Center, I put Chan into his pokeball and take the others off

my belt. I hand them to Nurse Joy to heal. Calatain does the same. As we are waiting, we try

to figure out strategies for the upcoming battle.

"Do you know anything about this gym?" I ask him.

He just shakes his head. "Not much. Only that they use Water Pokemon."

"So Chan will shock them into submission. That's all. "

"It won't be that easy..." Calatain warns. As he says this, Nurse Joy comes up with our

Pokemon. I let Chan out.

"Ready to get our second badge?" I ask him.

"When am I not?" He is ready to go. We head over to the Gym.

Inside the gym looks like a giant aquarium. I already love this place. The only thing

interrupting me is the shaking coming from my backpack. Calatain notices something wrong.

"You OK?" He asks.

"I think that egg will hatch soon." I reply. He just smiles.

"It should be OK in you backpack. Don't worry." We head to the Battle area. When we

finally find it, there are 4 females there. They look up at us.

"Can we help you?" One of them says. I look her straight in the eye.

"I'm here for a Cascade Badge." I say. The girls look at me, then the youngest one comes

forward.

"OK. Challenge accepted. I'm Misty Waterflower. I'm the one you have to beat."

"Fine with me."

We stand on floats in a giant pool. I worry a bit... I never did find out if Chan can

swim... I hope he can. Actually, I hope I won't need to find out. Misty is standing on a float on

the other side.

"Two on two, no items. Ready?"

"Bring it on!!"

Misty is completely calm. "Call your pokemon."

Hmm.. I think. I should be careful... she knows what she's doing. I make my decision.

"I choose, Caelestis!!" My Natu comes out and floats in the air. He's ready to go.

"Not a bad choice. Won't help though. Staryu, come out!!" The starfish comes out and

stands on another float. The battle has begun.

"Caelestis, Psy-beam!!"

"Staryu, Water Gun!!"

The Psy-beam hits, but doesn't do enough damage. The Water Gun, however, nails dead

center. Caelestis falls out of the air and into the pool. And begins to drown.

"AAAHHHH!!" I cry out. I pull out his pokeball. "Come back now!!" I manage to get him

back into his pokeball. I am down one pokemon. I hope Chan can pull it off.

"Chan, it's up to you!" Chan jumps out to the platform.

"Thunder punch!!"

"Come up under it and Hydropump!!"

Chan can't connect with the punch, but he gets knocked into the water as well. My worst

fear is true... he can't swim.

I try to recall him, but for some reason I can't. I can't take this. "STOP THE MATCH!!"

I scream. I dive into the pool and bring Chan up to the surface. I have to admit defeat.

Misty comes over to me when I get out of the pool. She gives Chan a Full Restore.

"Don't worry. With a little more training, you could do it. Come back anytime." She leaves the

room.

"I blew it..." Chan is in a daze. This is his first real loss. I bring him to the

Pokecenter. After all my Pokemon are healed, we sit in a park outside. Chan is still in a daze.

My other Pokemon are upset as well.

"Chan, don't worry. Things happen."

"Bet you hate me now... "

"CHAN!" I say. "I don't ever want to hear you talk like that. I still care about you

very much."

"I lost..." He is close to tears. Calatain and his Pokemon are silent. They lost too.

Misty is good.

"Chan, relax. We train a bit more, and then try again. That's all."

"Really?"

"Michiko still loves you" Michiko comes up to him and jumps into his lap. He pets her

and smiles. I smile at the scene, but then I hear something. It must have shown on my face

because Calatain looks at me concerned.

"Ariana?" he says. I look at my backpack. All the Pokemon have noticed and come over as

well. I slowly open it, and...

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 11

Disclaimer: I still don't own it...

I slowly open my backpack, ready for anything. Anything, except...

"Hello!!" A Tyrogue's head pops out. I cry out startled. So do the other pokemon.

The little guy just looks around, and laughs. "I made a scary!!" he says really excited. I

start laughing. Chan pulls him out of the backpack. He's really happy now.

"So you are the little guy that was in the egg." Chan says.

"Daddy!" Tyrogue says. Chan puts him down, and stares at him shocked.

"What?" He says. Calatain and I are laughing. "This isn't funny!" Chan says

annoyed. It takes a moment for us to stop.

"Sorry Chan." I go over to the Tyrogue. "So you're the cute little guy, aren't you?"

"I'm a big boy!" he says. Calatain comes up.

"You're five minutes old." He says. I smack him. "What was that for?"

"Be nice." I say to him. I look down at the Tyrogue. "So who's is he?"

Tyrogue tries to decide for us. He goes over and grabs Chan's leg. "Mine!" he says.

Chan just looks down. He tries to walk, but Tyrogue never lets go.

"I think I know where he wants to go..." I say. Calatain nods.

"Fine with me. I already have my fighter."

"Hey Tyrogue!!"

"Huh?" He looks up at me. I pull out my laptop.

"We still have to give you a name." He looks at me confused. He also never lets go of

Chan's leg. Chan sighs and sits on a bench. Tyrogue takes the opportunity and jumps onto his

lap. I chuckle.

Tyrogue looks at me. "What's a name?"

Michiko jumps up next to him. "Name is special thing that trainer give you. My name

Michiko! It mean Beautiful Child because Ariana think I beautiful!!" Tyrogue thinks a minute.

Then he seems to come up with an idea.

"I'm not cute!! I tough!!"

"Then let's find you a tough name... let's see..." I go through the listings. "How about

Zuberi? It means "strong" in Swahili." Tyrogue thinks a moment. Then starts jumping up and

down.

"YEA!! I LIKE!! I STRONG!!" Chan covers his ears.

"Kid has a great set of lungs..." he says. Calatain walks up to me.

"We should have Nurse Joy give him a once-over." He says. I nod.

"Come on little guy." I pull out a pokeball. Zuberi backs up a bit.

"No." He says. Michiko goes over to him.

"If you don't let Mamma use the pokeball, a bad person could steal you, then you be all

alone..." Zuberi looks at her. Then he comes up and puts himself in the ball. I smile and

shake my head. Both me and Calatain recall our pokemon (except Chan of course) and head to the

Pokecenter.

At the Center

Nurse Joy comes back with our pokemon. She comes over to me with 3 pokeballs and one

hyper Tyrogue. I just smile.

"He's fine. But if you aren't careful he will run up the walls." She says smiling. I

return the smile.

"I'm gonna run out of energy so fast..." Zuberi just looks at me. Then he takes the

pokeballs out of my hand and releases everyone.

"YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH THOSE!!" Chan yells at Zuberi. Zuberi cringes. Then he

starts to cry. I pick him up and try to calm him down.

"Chan, relax. He didn't know. You don't have to yell at him." I try to calm him down.

Michiko gets an idea. She manages to go into my backpack and pull out her cookies. Calatain

just watches her. She takes one out and jumps onto the couch I am sitting on. She starts to

nudge Zuberi. He looks at her. She puts the cookie in her hand.

"Don't worry. Chan can be meanie sometimes, but he nice. Cookie make feel better."

Zuberi shoves the cookie in his mouth. Then he goes over to Michiko and pets her.

"I like you. You nice." he says. Michiko smiles. I turn to Calatian.

"So how do we get Misty?" I ask. Chan comes over to hear, as does his Machoke. Calatain

shrugs.

"The only thing I can think of is to catch a pure electric pokemon. There are supposed to

be Pikachu around here... maybe we could try catching a couple."

"Sounds good. But let's rest here and go tomorrow." Calatain agrees, and we spend the

rest of the day relaxing.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 12

Disclaimer: I still don't own it... darn it...

(SFX) BOING! BOING! BOING! BOING! BOING! BOING!

I wake up from a nice, deep sleep and check the time. 2AM. Figures. As my eyes get

used to the dim light coming from outside, I look around for the source of the disturbance. Chan

is asleep on one of the other beds. Caelestis is sleeping perched on a headboard. Michiko is

curled up in a small basket in a corner. Zuberi... is jumping on his bed. I get up and put on a

robe. Then I walk over to him.

"Zuberi..." I whisper. He continues jumping. I catch him out of the air.

"What's that for?" he whines. I just shake my head.

"Sleepy time." I try to lay him down to sleep.

"No sleepy time. Play time." I really want to know where he gets all this energy from.

I put the covers over him. Then I point out the window.

"See the dark?" He nods. "When Mr. Sun comes up, we will be able to get going again.

Until then, it's sleepy time. OK?"

He nods. "OK." He snuggles down and goes to sleep. I think... I head back over and

thankfully manage to fall asleep quickly.

The very crack of Dawn... like you couldn't see this coming...

"WAKIE TIME!!" Zuberi's voice fills the room. I just groan and pull the pillow over

my head. Caelestis is startled and falls off his perch, but thankfully is able to catch himself.

Chan sits up really annoyed. Michiko, somehow, is still sound asleep. Chan gets up and goes

over to Zuberi.

"OK, you. Where did you get the idea of getting us up at this insane hour?" Zuberi

smiles. Then points to my bed. I still am under the covers with the pillow over my head.

"Mamma say that when Mr. Sun comes up, we go out again!" He explains. Chan sighs.

"I don't think she meant the very instant Mr. Sun came up." he replies. He looks at me

and shakes his head. "You may have a ton of energy, but we don't."

"No play time?" Chan can't help but chuckle.

"No, not yet. Let Ariana sleep. Otherwise she'll be cranky." Zuberi laughs. I just

groan and sit up.

"I'm not getting back to sleep, that's for sure..." I go into another room and get

dressed in a light blue shirt and jeans. When I come out, Zuberi is trying to wake up Michiko.

Michiko finally has enough of it and bites his hand. Zuberi jumps back and starts crying.

"Serves you right for being mean to her." I say. I go over to him and check the damage.

A mark, but nothing major. I bring him over to the sink and wash his hand, then pull out a box

of bandages. "OK, pick a color."

He looks at them with wide eyes. Then he pulls out a dark blue one. I put it on him,

and we go back out to the main room. Michiko is up and really cranky. I put Zuberi down on a

bed and walk over to Michiko.

"That was bad Michiko. NO BITING!" Michiko looks up at me.

"But he mean to me!!" she whines. I keep stern. The last thing I need is them to keep

this up.

"It was still bad. You don't bite him. Understand?" She looks down.

"Yes..." I reach down.

"Good girl." I put everyone but Chan into their pokeballs. However, Zuberi has other

plans. He manages to let himself out again.

"Wanna see!" I just sigh.

"Well, why not? You should be getting a good look at the world anyway." I put on my

backpack and pick him up. Then Chan and I go to the room next to us. I knock on the door.

"Hold on!!" Calatain's voice comes through the door. After a moment he opens the door.

"You ready?" I ask. He nods and grabs his backpack. All of his pokemon are in their

pokeballs. We head out and into the forest near the town. Time to find some electrics!!

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 13

Disclaimer: I wanna own it!! WWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! THEY SAY I CAN'T HAVE

IT!! Ok, done being a whiney brat... for now...

In a forest near Cerulean

"I thought you said that there were Pikachu here." I say to Calatain. He just shrugs.

"I said that was what I heard." He replies. Zuberi is riding piggyback on Chan's

shoulders. Michiko is in my arms, looking around. After the incident this morning, I decided to

keep them apart for a while.

"Daddy" Zuberi says.

"I'm not your daddy..." Chan says for the millionth time. Zuberi just laughs.

"Daddydaddydaddydaddydaddydaddy" (You get the idea..)

"What?" Chan says groaning. Michiko laughs. Zuberi finally stops.

"What's that thing?" Zuberi says pointing. We all look in the direction she is

pointing. Half hidden in the bushes is a Vulpix. It looks hurt.

"Oh!" I cry. I put Michiko down and go over to it. Calatain comes over after grabbing

something from his bag.

"Look at you... hey, what's this?" I pull out something metal which is around its leg.

It is some kind of trap. "Calatain, help me get this off." Even with the 2 of us, we can't get

it open. Chan and Machoke come over and help, and we finally get it off. Calatain gives it a

full restore. Then he picks it up. The Vulpix licks his face.

"Thank you." The translator gives the Vulpix's voice a female sound. Calatain looks

down at her.

"You OK now?" He asks her.

"My leg still hurts..." Calatain smiles.

"We'll get you to a Pokemon center and have you back to normal in no time!" Vulpix

smiles.

Michiko puts her front paws on Calatain's leg trying to see. Vulpix looks down at her.

"What's your name?" Michiko asks. Vulpix looks at her strange.

"Name? Why would I need a name? Isn't that a human thing?"

"My name Michiko!!" Michiko looks really proud of herself. Vulpix still gives her a

strange look.

"Why?"

"Because it means Beautiful Child, and Ariana thinks I'm beautiful!!" She says. I

can't help noticing that her speech the past few days is becoming more grown up.

"That's what a name is?" Vulpix is confused.

"What did you think it was?" Calatain asks her.

"Well, trainers I see call their pokemon "dumb", "stupid", "useless"..." We look at

her, new understanding coming to us.

"That isn't names, that's insults. Those trainers obviously didn't take their pokemon

training seriously." I say. Vulpix looks at me, then at Calatain.

"I wanna go with him." She says, and licks Calatain's face again. Calatain blushes.

"Can I have a name too?" Calatain smiles, still blushing.

"Sure, but why don't we get you fixed up first." We head back to the city and the

Pokemon Center.

Pokemon Center

Nurse Joy comes back with Vulpix. "She'll be fine. She'll be limping for a couple of

days, but there is no need for a cast. Just take it easy, and no battles for a week." Calatain

picks her up.

"Thank you." He says. Vulpix licks his face again.

"Can I have name now?" She says.

"We have to find something good for you... hey Ariana? Could I use that laptop for a

minute?"

"No one touches the sacred laptop." I say.

"Protective are we?"

"You haven't seen the half of it..." Chan says. I just groan.

"If you won't let me use it, could you look it up for me?"

"Sure. What do you want it to mean?"

"Any preferences Vulpix?"

"I dunno...fire?" she says. I start searching...

"Let's see... we have... 'Fiammetta'"

"Too long... and complicated." Calatain says.

"Sounds weird." Vulpix adds.

"We also have 'Hourig'"

"That's a girl's name?"

"No."

"There is only one other; 'Huo'"

"Huh?"

"What does it mean?"

"It means 'fire' in Chinese." I say.

"I like that one." Vulpix says.

"Then that is what it is." Calatain says.

Zuberi goes over to her. "How come you were playing with the metal snake?"

"I wasn't playing with that thing. I was walking and it grabbed me." Huo says.

"Who would want to trap her?" I wonder out loud.

"Team Rocket comes to mind..." Calatain says.

"Yeah, they would be that dumb... well, she's safe now." Calatain puts her into a

pokeball, and then collects his others. I gather my pokemon as well. Zuberi refuses to go in by

hiding under a table. I just shake my head. Chan goes over and picks him up.

"Wanna stay with daddy." Zuberi says. Chan groans.

"OK." As we leave the center, I decide that I want to go shopping. We go into a gift

shop. Zuberi and Chan start looking around. I go over to the figurines. I pick up one that is

a glass statuette of a man and woman together.

"This would be a great present for mom and dad." I say to myself. I look over at the

toys, and notice Zuberi is loving that section. Thankfully, he isn't grabbing the stuff. I find

some toys that Linna and her Eevee would love. I pick one up. Zuberi, of course, gets jealous.

"How come Michiko gets presents?" he asks. I sigh.

"These aren't for Michiko. They are for my sister and her Eevee." I explain. I think

for a moment. "If you want, you can pick out ONE toy, but you also have to get one for Michiko,

OK?"

"Yeah!!" He starts searching for the perfect toy. I go back to looking. In the book

section, I find Calatain looking at a few.

"Hey Ariana!" He says laughing. "Check this out!" He holds up a book called "Pokemon

Training for Idiots". I start laughing.

"Oh, that is so perfect!!" I take the book from him. "My brother is going to love

this..."

"You love your brother so much huh?" he says. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, yeah... he is pissed that Chan can beat his pokemon up. Actually, he used them as

target practice." I smile at the memories. I am starting to feel a little homesick.

"Well, let's get this stuff paid for." As we walk up to the counter, Zuberi comes up with

his choices. He is carrying a beach ball. That's it. I look at him.

"I said you had to get one for Michiko too." I remind him. He just looks up at me.

"I did. We can all play with this!!" he replies. I smile.

"Good boy." I tell him. I look over at Chan, who for some reason is trying on

sunglasses. He looks over at me with a pair on. They actually look good on him.

"If you want them get over here." I say. He walks over and hands me the glasses. When

we finally get up to the counter, I also get some boxes so I can send my family the gifts I

bought them. As we are leaving, I deflate the beach ball and put it in my backpack. Chan takes

his sunglasses and puts them on. Zuberi loves it and starts laughing. Chan just sighs. I stop

at the post office and send the packages. Then we go back to the forest and start searching for

an electric again.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 14

Disclaimer: I will own this and everything else in the world on the same day that pigs fly.

Random lake in the woods

"Still no electrics," I say. Calatain just looks at me.

"Well," he says, "We can at least take a break." I look over the lake. Then I get an idea.

"Chan," I say. He looks at me. Zuberi is still on his shoulders. Chan puts him down and

comes over to me.

"Yeah?"

"Time for some swimming lessons." Chan looks at the lake, then at me.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Do you want to beat Misty?" Chan sighs. I go over to a secluded place and change into

my bathing suit: Pure black one-piece. I come back out. Zuberi got a hold of my pokeballs and

let everyone else out. He is trying to figure out why no one is coming out of one of my empty

ones. I walk over to him.

"There's no one in that one kiddo." I explain to him.

"Toy?" he asks.

"Here," I go into my backpack and inflate the beach ball he got. "Play with Michiko."

"OK!!" he says. He and Michiko go play some kid game. Calatain brings his pokemon

out.

"You two go do that, I'll start on lunch." He says.

"Sounds good to me." I reply. "Come on Chan." Chan follows me to the water looking like

he is going to a death sentence.

a while later

"That's it!!" I cry. Chan is finally getting the hang of it. He is swimming on his own

now. Chan straightens up and I decide to start a splash war. Unfortunately, with his gloves, he

wins hands-down. Then he gets hit in the head with Zuberi's beach ball. I laugh while he starts

cursing.

"Ball got away!" Zuberi yells. "Can we have it back?" He asks. Michiko decides to

get it herself. Like a perfect little water pokemon, she swims over and starts pushing the beach

ball back with her nose. I chuckle.

"See? She could do it without any instruction."

"Some can and others can't."Chan replies. "Can we go back in now? I'm hungry."

"So am I. I wonder what's taking Calatain so long?" We head back to shore. And then

stop in shock.

Calatain is up on a rock, and two of his pokemon are no longer out, and his Machoke is

running out of steam. We look over at the reason: a pitch black Houndoom. Michiko and Zuberi

run behind us as soon as we are on land. Caelestis is up in a tree. Chan steps up to help

Machoke.

"What are you doing here!?" Chan asks mad. The thing looks past him… at Michiko.

"Never though I would see that little brat again." it says. I look down at Michiko.

She is shaking. But not fear. Pure, undiluted anger and hatred are in her eyes. I pick her up.

"Michiko?" I ask.

"HE HURT MOMMY!!" she yells. "BAD. HE'S BAD."

"So that's what happened..." I whisper. Then I turn to look at the Houndoom. "You have

no business here."

"I want to finish the job." he says. "I killed the mother, I must now kill the

child." Michiko gets even madder. Then she jumps down.

"MICHIKO!!" I cry. I try to recall her to her pokeball, but she refuses to come. She

powers up a huge Rage attack, then combines it with a... TAKE DOWN!? I didn't think she could

use that at this level... she must really be mad. With one hit, the Houndoom goes reeling back

many feet. It limps away. Michiko just sits down. She is shaking. Zuberi goes over to her.

"Michi?" He asks. Michiko doesn't even look at him. "You K?"

"bad doggie." Michiko says softly. "no cookie." I go over and pick her up.

"You OK Michiko?" I ask. She looks up at me. "You alright?"

"Uh-huh." she says. Then she leans against me. "Want a nap though…" I just smile.

"OK. You earned it." I put Michiko back into her pokeball. I look over at Calatain.

"How are you guys?"

"We are going to have to get back to the pokemon center again…" he says.

"Well, then? What are we waiting for?"

Pokemon Center again (we should be getting some kind of discount…)

Nurse Joy comes out with Calatain's Pokeballs. "They're all fighting fit."

"Even Huo?" he asks.

"The Vulpix you brought in earlier? Yes. She's just fine too." She turns and gives me my

pokeballs. "You have a very strong Eevee." She says.

"I know." I say proud. I let Chan out. "Wanna keep searching or do you want another

shot?"

"One more try" he says.

"Well, then, shall we?"

Pokemon Gym, Cerulean City

The first thing we see entering is Misty. She smiles.

"Back for another beating?" she asks. I grin.

"Your turn this time." I reply. We head for the arena.

fighting pool

"I'm in a really good mood today." Misty says. "You can use all of your pokemon."

"Fine." I say. Michiko somehow lets herself out. "Huh?"

"I wanna watch." She explains. I just sigh.

"Fine." I bring her onto the platform with me. Chan jumps onto the platform in front of

us. "I guess he's starting!" I say.

"I choose, Staryu!!" Misty lets Staryu start out again. Hopefully, we are ready this

time.

"Chan ThunderPunch!!"

"Staryu, Water Gun!"

Chan connects first, but the Water Gun also hits target. Both are weakened a bit, but

not enough. That Staryu has a lot of defense.

POV shift: Michiko

Michiko watches as the fight begins. #Why are they doing that?# she wonders. As she

continues watching, she notices something. #They aren't trying to hurt each other... just show

who's stronger...#

"NO!" Ariana cries as Chan is knocked out. #Staryu was stronger.# Michiko thinks. As

Caelestis came out, she wondered what he would try. Both trainers shouted commands. Both

pokemon obeyed. Their attacks did their damage. They went right back at it again. This time,

though, the Staryu went down.

"Staryu!!" Misty shouts. She recalls her pokemon. Then pulls out another pokeball.

"It's up to you Starmie!!" She says as she releases the pokemon. #It looks like a Staryu with

another one on it's back.# Michiko thinks. Misty calls for a HydroPump, while Ariana calls for a

Psybeam. The HydroPump connects first, and Caelestis is down. The psybeam does virtually no

damage. Ariana has no choice but to bring Caelestis back.

#Misty is good.# Michiko thinks. She looks up at Ariana. She is really upset. #She

wants to win.# Michiko realizes. Then she makes her decision.

POV change: back to Ariana

"There has to be a way..." I think. I feel something tug at my slacks. I look down and

Michiko is looking up at me. "Yeah?" I ask her.

"I wanna try." she says. I look at her surprised.

"Are you sure?" I ask. She nods. "OK then." Michiko jumps out onto the platform.

Calatain, who has been watching from the side, looks at me strangely. I just mouth "I'll explain

later" to him. He nods.

"This should be good." Misty says. I glance out the window. It's still daylight. Why

did I suddenly think of doing that? Oh well.

"Alright, Michiko, give it a Tackle!"

"Let's go easy on the baby, just use a water gun!"

Michiko seems to take the 'baby' crack personally, and nails the Starmie dead center. It

goes flying back and can't get the water gun off. Michiko backs off waiting for a new command.

"Alright, rage!" That is easy to get off. She still remembers her mom's attacker trying

to get her, and draws on that to get the attack. She then combines it with a tackle and

COMPLETELY NAILS THE STARMIE!! The jewel in the center of it blinks a few times, and then goes

out. Michiko stands there waiting for a new command. I jump over to her and hug her.

"Over?" I smile at her.

"Yes. You OK?" I ask her.

"Yeah... that hurt."

"Don't worry, we'll make you feel all better." I tell her. Misty meets me when I get

over to the edge of the pool.

"Here you go. You earned it." She hands me the Cascade Badge. "I guess I shouldn't have

called you a baby, huh?" She says petting Michiko.

"I'm a big girl. I'm gonna make mommy proud of me, even if she can't be here." I smile

at her. Then we head over to the Pokemon Center for some well deserved rest.

We will be moving on... eventually...maybe... We'll see. Will write more later.

Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon Story Part 15

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN IT. HAPPY NOW?

After a quick healing trip, I give them all something to eat. Chan can't get over

Michiko doing what both he and Celestis couldn't. Michiko, of course, is really proud of herself.

I hope I doesn't go to her head. While they are eating, I look around. When I see the phones,

I get homesick. Hey I think, why not? I go over to the phones and sit down. There are

headsets with these so you don't have to use your hands. I put it on, and then notice that there

is suddenly extra weight on my lap. I look down and smile. Zuberi and Michiko both decided they

were going to join me. I shake my head.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask.

"I wanna play too." Michiko says.

"Can I push the buttons!? PWEEEEESSSEEEE!!" Zuberi chimes in. I shake my head.

"You can push ONE button. OK?" I say petting Michiko. Caelestis comes over and perches

on the desk, and Chan stands behind me. "Are we all doing this now?" I ask.

"Why not?" Chan asks back. I just shake my head. I then dial all but the last number

on the phone.

"Zuberi, can you push this one?" I say pointing. He goes over and presses it, and sits

back like he did something major. I just smile. Even with the headset, they will all be able to

hear it. After about 5 rings, someone finally picks up.

"Hello?" Linna's voice comes over the pickup.

"Hey kiddo, turn on the vid." I say. She pauses, then does.

"ARIANA!!" she practically screams. I smile. Linna's Eevee hears her and comes running

up and jumps on the table as if I was going to attack through the phone. I laugh. "Eevee, get

down." Linna says. She picks up her Eevee and pets her. Then she notices my crowd. "Wow... are

all of those yours?"

"Yup." I point to each one as I introduce them. "This is Michiko, this is Zuberi, and

this is Caelestis."

"Now you have a pretty Eevee too!!" I shake my head. She really has a one-track mind.

Michiko puts her paws up on the table.

"Hello" she says. Linna looks at her in shock.

"Ariana, how did you teach her to talk?" she asks.

"I didn't. Prof. Selsan gave me a translator." I think of something. "Did you get the

package I sent?"

Linna smiles. "Uh-huh. Me and Eevee love it. Thank you so much.

I smile at her. "Are mom and dad home?" I ask her.

"Well, daddy had to go on some trip, but mamma is here!! MAMMA!! ARIANA'S ON THE

PHONE!!" Linna screams. I cringe a bit. Then my mother appears behind Linna. She looks at the

vid. Linna goes away so mom can take the phone. Her Eevee waves bye-bye with her paw as she is

carried off. Michiko returns it.

My mom sits down in the chair. "Hi sweetie!! You seem to have quite a collection." She

says looking at my pokemon.

"They are all the best." I say. Zuberi looks up at my mom.

"Hello." he says. My mom smiles at him.

"Hello young one. Are you being good?"

"Uh-huh." I smile.

"Did you get the packages? I know Linna got hers... but I sent them separate." I ask

her.

"Yes I did. So did Chris. Interesting reading material you found..." Mom makes it clear

that she really doesn't approve, but won't interfere. "The statuette is over the mantel now."

She pauses like she is remembering something. "Oh. I almost forgot. I was talking with your

cousin and told him that you were on your journey. He was wondering if you would like him to go

with you for a while." I frown.

"I really don't need Mr. Hot-Shot Dragon Master criticizing everything I do. Besides, I

have a companion."

"Ariana, why can't you get along with him?" My mom shakes her head.

"Because he thinks he knows everything. I don't need that kind of pressure. I have

enough already."

"Well, you may see him, he said he was going to be in Cerulean for a few weeks... where

are you calling from anyway?"

-- "Cerulean...So Lance is around here somewhere..." I sigh. This is really not what I

need. We have never gotten along.

"I have to go, Ariana. Sorry."

"That's OK. I really should get going anyway."

"Please don't avoid him... he just wants to help."

"I need his help like a hole in the head." I say. We say our goodbyes and hang up. I go

back to the main area... and see Lance talking to Calatain. Great... so much for that idea...

Zuberi jumps off my lap and goes to see the new guy. I look over at the counter and see Bruno,

Lance's buddy, getting his pokemon back from Nurse Joy. Well, at least I can stand him... I

think. I walk over to Lance.

Zuberi is already there. "How come you only wear black mister? he asks. Lance looks

down and sees him.

"Where did you come from?" he says smiling. Zuberi points to me. "Is that your

trainer?" Zuberi nods. I walk over to him.

"Hi Lance." I say with no feeling at all. Lance smiles.

"Hi kid. So you finally got to go out huh?" I try very hard not to punch him.

"Maybe. Mom said you are going to follow me around for a while." Calatain looks at me,

then at him.

"Are you two... related?" he asks. I sigh.

"Unfortunately..." I reply. "Lance here is my cousin." Lance just smiles.

"I love you too." He says. "So how many badges do you guys have?"

"I have 2..." I say. I look over at Calatain.

"I also have 2." My eyes go wide. I never saw him beat Misty.

"How...?" I ask. Calatain smiles.

"There is a certified gym in my home town. So I have that badge. Which means I can skip

Misty." I just shake my head.

"Fine. So let's do a supply check and get going."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Lance asks. I just sigh.

"If you want to so bad... just stay outta my way." I tell him. "And if Bruno is coming

he has to bring his own food."

Bruno walks over. "Actually, I have to head back... he may be on vacation, but I'm not."

Bruno walks out the door.

We do our supply check, with Lance of course commenting on everything. I ignore him. I

wonder exactly how long I will have to put up with this...

Beginning Trainer

Default Need ideas for 17th One Of A Pokemon Story!

i need ideas for the 17th fanfiction of A Pokemon Story im working on and i need your ideas to inspire me !
    Last edited by Hoax; 12th April 2008 at 08:02 PM.

Beginning Trainer

Chapter 16

Disclaimer: I don’t own it. Happy now?

“Is it ready yet?” Calatain calls. I glare at him over the pot.

“If you are so hungry come help.” I respond. After traveling all day, we decided to call it quits for the night, and are resting in a clearing. Lance is sitting a little ways away checking out my Dex. Bet he’s jealous he doesn’t have one. I return to the pot and continue cooking. Everyone’s favorite camping food: Junkyard stew. Take a little of everything and let it boil. Nice, easy, and a great way to annoy Mr. I’m- The-Grand-Champ-And-So-Much-Better-Than-You. I smile at the thought. Lance hasn’t done anything like this for well over 4 years. Once he was on the Elite Four, the challengers came to him. He must be getting soft.

“How’d you get a Dex like this?” Lance calls over. Chan was napping behind me, but is now awake. He looks over at Lance and gets up. He marches over and grabs the Dex away and puts it into my backpack. Lance just shakes his head. “Touchy, isn’t he?” He comments.

“He probably thinks you wanted to steal it.” I say. I look down, then test the temp. Nice and hot. I pull it off the fire and onto the tray that we set up. “Come and get it!” I call. We pull out all of our pokemon, and get them some of it too. Michiko sniffs it a bit, then looks up at me questioning. I walk over to her.

“Don’t worry. It’s all right. Try it.” Michiko tries a little, then practically dives headfirst into it. I smile. “Told ya.” I remark as I go to get my own.

After we are finished, we decide to leave our pokemon out for a while. Zuberi comes over to me with the deflated beach ball. I smile and inflate it. He takes it and goes over and plays with some of the other pokemon. Chan is leaning against a tree trying to go back to sleep. Lance comes over with a deck of cards.

“Payback time Ariana.” He says. I smile.

“Lance, we have played everything from Old Maid to Gin Rummy, and you still haven’t been able to beat me. What makes you think you can now?”

“Very simple.” He responds. “I’ve been practicing with Will and Karen. I can beat them now, I can sure beat you.”

“How do you know Will doesn’t cheat?” I ask. “He is psychic.”

“We took care of that.” He says. I wonder what he is talking about, then decide I probably don’t want to know. I take the deck, then look over at Calatain.

“Hey Calatain, wanna play?” I ask. He looks over, then shrugs.

“Why not?” He comes over and we find a clear space. Caelestis comes over to us.

“What’s up?” I ask him.

“Someone’s coming.” He says. I look at the little Natu.

“The problem is…”

“They have evil in their minds. And they wear the symbol you said to watch out for.”

“ROCKET!” I think quickly. Lance and Calatain also know what this could mean. We call out quick apologies to the pokemon, then recall them. Chan comes up behind me.

“They are near… I heard them saying something about stealing from the Dragon Master while he is helpless…” Lance doesn’t let him finish.

“I’M NOT HELPLESS!” I fail trying to control my grin at his outburst. I look up, and there are 2 Team Rocket members standing there, one male and one female. Chan steps in front of me and takes a protective stance. The Rocket male smiles.

“Protect ‘till the end, eh Hitmonchan? Too bad it won’t do any good.” The girl smiles.

“Well, well, the Grand Champion himself. What an… unexpected honor.” She sneers as she speaks. “What are you doing away from your crystal palace?” Lance is grinding his teeth. He hates it when people treat him like this.

They both laugh. “Well, since you are here,” the male begins, “Why don’t you hand over your pokemon?”

“Over my dead body” Both Rockets step back as they hear the Dex translate Chan’s speech. With it in my backpack, they don’t know it is being translated. I motion for Lance and Calatain to keep their mouths shut about it. They nod.

However, the Rockets look like they are going to have a heart attack. “But…but…” the female stammers, “Only Rocket’s Meowth was able to speak…” Chan takes it personally.

“I speak all the time. Everyone does. What’s your point and when are you leaving?” The male Rocket regains his composure.

“You are very annoying, but Team Rocket could always use new fighters.” Chan sneers. “And as for when we are leaving, that will be when you give us all of your pokemon.” I look over at Chan. He hasn’t moved since this started. I wonder for a moment, then it hits me. I made him promise a while back not to punch anyone for any reason without my permission. He is keeping his promise, and boy is it straining on him. I smile. So do the Rockets. They think they have everything ready for them.

“OK,” I say. Calatain and Lance look at me like I have lost it. “You want Chan, I’ll give you Chan. How about we start with HIS FIST!” Chan takes it and nails both Rockets with a solid punch. They go flying off into the air.

“Wow.” Lance says. I smile. Chan is pretty happy too.

“I thought that organization was dead…” Calatain says. I sigh.

“Yeah, right. Like that will ever happen.”

With them out of the way, we turn back to hopefully a peaceful night

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

wtf?

I will read your story tonight if I am bored otherwise another night when I am bored
    Last edited by firepokemon; 13th April 2008 at 12:51 AM.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Beginning Trainer

Default A Pokemon Story

Yep i know its 16 capters long and im proud of doing it

Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mistysakura View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Hoax! (Hehe, nothing like a suspicious username.) Glad you found us. I had to merge your topics because at TPM you're supposed to post all chapters of a fic in the same topic. Thanks for sharing! "I just can't beat the stampede" made me laugh. The line length makes it hard to read though; why are the lines all broken up? See ya around!
    Sorry its long and broken up its just the way i wote it

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok so far I have read up to Part eight although its confusing because you go from the 1st chapter to part 4. So that needs to be fixed. I would like you to just remove the disclaimer - its really not necessary. Now the story is fine, yeah its a typical trainer fic without much descriptions of any sort, but you know, I just aren;t bothered by that. I like the choice of pokemon which is different from the typical trainer fics. I like that they have individual names and I like the idea of a pokedex that has the ability to translate what pokemon says.

The writing structure is all over the place, I really do wish that you stuck with how the first part was, as that was in more proper paragraphs and just read better. I know other forums suggest people use double-spacing, I am not a fan of that idea and as far as I know nobody really does it here at pokemasters. I would make it all single-line spacing and ensure there is proper paragraphing.

Which, brings me onto what I guess is the bigger issue. There is a lot of dialogue here and it is entirely broken up and its just very awkward. To be honest, I'm not exactlysure how much of it I can fix up, but I guess the way you have done the dialogue, I would perhaps try this:

"Yes. I am Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader. I must say I have a very pretty opponent

today."

Brock called first. "Geodude...come out!!"

A mini rock with arms came out of the pokeball. I figured exactly who to call out.

"Chan, go for it!"
    "Are you the Gym Leader", I ask the older boy who appears to be the gym leader. "Yes, I am Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader, I must say I have a very pretty opponent today", Brock responds.

"Umm, yeah. Anyway, I am here for a Boulder Badge." I say to Brock. "Very well. Two-on-Two, no items, no time limit."

Brock called first. "Geodude...come out!!" A mini rock with arms came out of the pokeball. I figured exactly who to call out.

"Chan, go for it!" I shout to Chan.

or alternatively and this may work out better:

The first thing I do in Pewter is head to the pokemon center. When I arrive, I put all

of my Pokemon into their pokeballs and ask Nurse Joy to heal them up. While I am waiting, I

check out the café. Trainers gotta eat, ya know. After lunch, I go back to the center and pick

up my pokeballs. I let Chan out.

"Ready to get a badge today?"

"I guess so" Chan seems a little down about something.

"What's up? You don't sound to thrilled."

"What if I lose? If I am no good, why would a trainer keep me?"

"What does that mean? I am not going to abandon a pokemon just because they lose. Chan,

I care about you very much. If for some reason we lose, we will just train some more and then

try again. That's all."

"You mean it? You won't get mad at me?"
    The first thing I do in Pewter is head to the pokemon center. When I arrive, I put all of my Pokemon into their pokeballs and ask Nurse Joy to heal them up. While I am waiting, I check out the café. Trainers gotta eat, ya know. After lunch, I go back to the center and pick up my pokeballs. I let Chan out.

Ariana: "Ready to get a badge today?"
    Chan: "I guess so", as Chan seems a little down about something.
    Ariana: "What's up? You don't sound to thrilled."
    Chan: "What if I lose? If I am no good, why would a trainer keep me?"

Ariana: "What does that mean? I am not going to abandon a pokemon just because they lose. Chan, I care about you very much. If for some reason we lose, we will just train some more and then try again. That's all."

Chan: "You mean it? You won't get mad at me?"

-----

Thats just an example of how you could do the dialogue. It may pay to introduce the person or pokemon first if they are talking. For instance with Brock:

today."

Ariana: "Are you the Gym Leader?"

The person I am standing next to who I will soon learn is the Gym Leader replies, "Yes. I am Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader. I must say I have a very pretty opponent today."

Ariana: "Umm, yeah. Anyway, I am here for a Boulder Badge."
    Brock: "Very well. Two-on-Two, no items, no time limit."

----

Alternative to using speech brackets if using such a format would be to:

Ariana: Umm, yeah. Anyway, I am here for a Boulder Badge.
    Brock: Very well. Two-on-Two, no items, no time limit.

---

The story requires major work, it needs probably less dialogue or a better format, as seen above, I have some suggestions. I would also suggest using descriptions more. When you meet Brock, how is Ariana feeling? Scared, frightened? It would just add to the story.

----

I guess the key for you is to post your story, then review the story, make the necessary edits and add descriptions. Re-read it and possibly post it again. Make more fixes i.e. checking spelling; grammar, punctuation. And also ask yourself: Are these proper paragraphs? Could the dialogue be fixed up? Could I expand on this idea? Does this conversation/dialogue require more descriptions.

Those, are the things you need to be fixing. I'll read your other chapters. But to be honest, I don't know if you playing a hoax as your username suggests or that you are quite serious as to this story. With age and improvement this story can and will get better. It just requires fixing, re-editing, expansion and other such things.

Good luck.
    Last edited by firepokemon; 15th April 2008 at 07:59 AM.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron