Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The ASB Safari Zone

Hybrid View

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The ASB Safari Zone

TMPL Pokemon Hunt

Welcome to the TMPL Village, home site to The Pokemon Masters League, where all ASB combatants make their home and set out to battle their way to the top of the championship. Like any ASB village the world over, there are ample locations for trainer to catch wild pokemon. Until previously, this facility has not been open to combatants, but due to a recent rise in activity and interest, it has now been finalized and is ready for a grand opening. Let’s see what's in store:

Rules

To enter, you need to buy Pokeballs to help you capture Pokemon.

Pokeball You can buy a Pokeball for 2 points. A Pokeball will allow you to capture any single stage or non evolving pokemon you come across, but no higher.

Great Ball You can buy a Great Ball for 3 points. A Great Ball will allow you to capture any second stage pokemon you come across, but no higher. It also captures single stage and non-evolving sooner than a Pokeball would allow.

Ultra Ball You can buy an Ultra Ball for 4 points. An Ultra Ball will allow you to capture any third stage pokemon you come across. It also captures single stage and non-evolving much sooner than a Pokeball would allow, and second stage pokemon sooner than a Great Ball would allow.

The more Pokeballs you buy, the more Pokemon from your ASB Team you can take with you, although the maximum is 3.

1 ball: allows 1 Pokemon to go with you
    2 balls: 2 pokemon
    3 balls: 3 Pokemon (that is the limit; you can buy more balls but no more than 3 Pokemon)

Remember, once you enter the Safari Zone (and subsequently spent your points on the Pokeballs) you need to make a bank post.

Here is how the Safari Zone will work. If you are interested, you sign up, stating how many Pokeballs you would like to buy and which Pokemon you take with you. Please provide genders and nicknames. You should also specify where you want to explore.

A ref (see below) will ‘take’ your post and write a brief ‘intro’ to your Safari Zone quest. These are not too in-depth. They detail where you are and what you can see.

Example
    Rapamon2: You take your Eevee and Squirtle with you and wander along the beautiful sands of Tranquil Shores. As you go, you see a small group of Krabby, male and female, playfighting along the sand. You can see a Wingull in the sky and a Dunsparce burrowing out of the sand. What will you do?

Then, you would type your response.

“I’d like to battle one of the male Krabby.”

And as before, the Ref will write this out as if it were a Pokemon Battle in ASB. Three attacks per turn. There may be banned moves depending on the location (ie: derelict building: not advised to use earthquake) but these are at the Referees discretion.. Once the foe is at 0% HP or energy it will get too frightened and run, so you need to catch it before it hits 0%. If all of your Pokemon faint you will be taken to the exit with no refund for unused Pokeballs.

Post all of these in the Safari Zone topic. Refs can and will presumably have to juggle multiple peoples quests. Any more questions, PM a mod.

Referees

Any approved ASB Ref can sign up as a Safari Zone ref and can take on anybodies quests. Safari Zone refs will be PM’ed with a list of what Pokemon can be found in what areas and told instructions on how to ref the Zone.

Please do not hassle any Safari Refs. They may refuse to ref for you.

For every five rounds of Safari Quests reffed, a Safari Ref will get 2 points. These can not be used in conjunction with Referee Rewards but still need to be shown in the Bank when payment is received.

Referees
    -DL
    -Blademaster
    -Mew Master
    -Asilynne
    -Crazy Elf Boy
    -Rossymore
    -Ayeun
    -Oslo

Areas of Exploration

Sunshine Fields
    A large plain that overlooks TPML, the grass is soft and the air tasty. A plethora of grass Pokemon are found here as they enjoy the tickling breeze and the bright sunshine. Bird and normal-types are also found here.

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here.

Ivy Woods
    A dense forest where a thick fog lingers. There are Grass and Bug types everywhere you turn. Look up and you'll find Flying types are enjoying the highest reaches of the trees.

Ivy Lake
    A secluded lake in the middle of the forest, you'll find rare Dragons here, along with all the usual Water types, and maybe a few Ice Types too. Rumour has it, that there's a cave hidden underwater...

Abandoned Playhouse
    This glorious playhouse was burnt down, but what remains has become a home for several Normal city pokemon, not to mention the Fire types that love the smell of charcoal.

Skinny Dip’s Pond
    Fishing rods are supplied for free, so sit back and see what you can land. Water types are abundant here, but the soft land around is home to more than a few burrowing pokemon.

Grave’s Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

Tranquil Shores
    A small cove-style beach. There are lots of ocean pokemon to be found here, as well as Fire types enjoying the sun. Some ground types can also be found.

Ffeffni Mountain
    This large mountain is very cold and has biting winds nipping around. There is a layer of snow falling and many ice types can be found here. Also look for hardier bird Pokemon and a variety of tough foes.

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain out of the main village. Expect a variety of rock, ground and fire types to be seen among the road to the summit. Can you unlock the code to get into the Archives?

Feizhi Outpost
    A thick and heavy jungle where the best of explorers will find a thousand and one bugs. That's not to mention the abundant Poison types and several Grass types too. The sun is very hot.

The Old Village
    This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

Wagwhomp Swamp
    This hot, murky swamp is home to a manner of grumpy and surly Pokemon. These are all Pokemon from the DP Generation. This small, secluded swamp houses some rare and tropical species.

--!!!--

Shinsuke Volcano - *New*
    This volcanic island - previously hidden away can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall pagoda stands on the island as well, the only man-made structure here.

Ruskie Tundra - *New*
    This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

Nevshard Badlands - *New*
    A terribly hot, sweltering desert with few places for shade. Illusions are commonplace here-and the scent of inevitable dehydration hangs high here. Yet Hardy Pokemon worked out a way to survive in this climate-despite the horrid lack of water.

Skyline Terrace: - *New*
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boards, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

Platrin Plateau - *New!*
    This mysterious temple set high in the skies is shrouded in Mystery. How does one get here?

There are also more, hidden areas to be visited among the Safari Zone. If you explore the areas you might find clues to help you delve further into the zones to find better Pokemon and other rewards.

*cuts ribbon*

There we go!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 11th September 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: The ASB Safari Zone! NOW OPEN!

Much as I'd love to go catch something, I'm flat broke. Therefore, signing up to be le ref sounds fun. I'd only be able to handle one or two at a time, but I'm still game.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok thanks PS. I'll PM you with details on how to ref etc.

I'm going to sign up. I'm buying a Great Ball and a Poke Ball (-5 points) and will take with me my Golduck, Kappaduck [M] and my Octillery, Callomuso [M]. I will be going to Ivy Lake.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Right-o, I can take ya through the rounds, Chris. However, first, I do need to know where you're going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Edited . Are you signing up too? I will do yours.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

K I'm not signing up just yet, but I do have a question. Are you only allowed to take two Pokémon with you? It seems that way but you didn't actually say . . . Oo heh.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

From my first post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.0

The more Pokeballs you buy, the more Pokemon from your ASB Team you can take with you, although the maximum is 3.

1 ball: Allows 1 Pokemon to go with you
    2 balls: Allows 2 pokemon to go with you
    3 balls +: Allows 3 pokemon to go with you

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

... Heh. Note to self, try to make yourselve look less dumb and reading helps. ^^'''' Thankie for entertaining my stupidity, lol. BTW I'll sign up as a Ref for you.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Sign me up as a ref
    Boo Yah!

Riken | Oryx | Njord | Wraith | Blysse | Zoso
    Kabuki | Poe | Faul | Cruz | Haku | Surtr
    Trilless | Maladroit | Argonaut | Eowen | Gaia | Chocobo
    Penelo | Thor | Nereus
    Sylar | Mercutio

Thanks River, you RaWk with a passion...Word.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Fufufu. I'll go to Grave's Yard with my Shiftry, Mr. Fahrenheit, and my Exeggutor, Numeron. I'm also buying a Great Ball and a Pokeball.

Chris
    You make your way down to the tranquil shores of Ivy Lake. Once there, you immediately notice a Marill and a Lombre splashing water at each other. Leaving them be for the moment, you notice a rock breaking the surface of the water - a Relicanth. It gives you a stare before descending back into the water. A pair of Azurill are also scrutinizing you from behind a nearby tree. What do you do?
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer

I’ve got ye. I’m assuming your two Pokémon are male, so… yeah. Let’s Safari Zone!

Hypotenuse Man (or would you rather I called you TBA as everyone else still does?)

Grave’s Yard is a dark, dank and dismal place that is crawling with the creepiest of Pokémon; it is not a place for trainers who are faint of heart. But you… you’re braver than most. You and your two Grass-types, Mr. Fahrenheit the Shiftry and Numeron the Exeggutor, slowly pick your way through the mist and the crumbling tombstones. A sudden rustling sound catches your attention. Spinning around, you catch a glimpse of a female Sneasel darting behind a large crypt. Mr. Fahrenheit tugs at your arm; he’s just noticed a Mightyena, another female, slinking towards you with a sort of hungry curiosity. As you decide which of the two Dark-types interests you more, something taps you on the shoulder. Was it Mr. Fahrenheit? Was it Numeron? Or was it that male Haunter smirking behind you?

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball, 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 1st March 2007 at 08:24 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sure, I'll ref for someone.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Rockin'. Thanks, Phoenixsong, and thanks, MH.

Anyway, yeah, my two Pokemon are male. And whatever you call me is cool so long as I know who you're referring to.

Now, I'm going to engage the Haunter in battle. First, Numeron will liberally spray some Sleep Powder at it. If it works, Numeron will proceed with a Nightmare, and, if Haunter is still asleep, Dream Eater. If Haunter wakes up, Numeron will use Sleep Powder again.

Sleep Powder ~ Nightmare/Sleep Powder ~ Dream Eater/Sleep Powder

Meanwhile, I'll tell Mr. Fahrenheit to ward off Mightyena.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm going to wander around the lake a little more.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I am buying 2 great balls. Then i am taking my male growlithe Horatio and my male dragonite Talut with me. I will first go to Ivy Lake.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Elite Trainer

I'll ref for ya, Wolfsong.

(Copied your format, Phoenix. Sorry ^-^')

Continuing your ever-thrilling Pokemon quest, you, your loyal Growlithe, and your badass Dragonite burst out of the thick forest into the sunlight, gazing upon miles of golden sand and a deep blue lake in its center. Growlithe runs off, sniffing around the beach, while Dragonite suggests a battle with a female Whiscash, which is staring dumbly at you from the water's edge. Meanwhile, you notice an Azurill beating the shit out of 2 helpless Magikarp, flopping a few feet out of reach from the water. The breeze eases your tired muscles from your long journey, and you sit down on the sand, pondering what your next move should be, running your fingers through your dishwater-blonde hair. Your eye catches a Quilfish darting around the water, a few feet in, but once it meets your gaze, it zooms under, right behind the Whiscash. There also appears to be two sparkly things in one area of the water.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 2 very great balls

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    100% Energy,
    Scanning out anything that might provide a threat to its Master.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    Sniffing Around.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

While the whiscash is tempting its not what i'm looking for. I think I'll send Talut to try and get a closer look at the sparkly things.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Uh Mega. I hadn't actually approved of you as a Safari Ref yet and you havent been sent any of the Reffing Handbook. I was reluctant to let you since we already have more refs than actual battlers and it seemed redundant. But you've started so why not.

As of now we don't need any more new refs. Mega expect Reffing information in your PM box soon.

Edit: Apparently you were sent the information by TBA. Mega, I'm sorry for jumping down your throat.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 2nd March 2007 at 01:21 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Ignoring the Defensless Magikarp being pulverized into shreds, you silently motion for Dragonite to examine two sparkly objects you noticed in the water earlier. As the Dragonite cautiously floats towards the edge, you note out of the corner of your eye that the timid Quilfish has swam away again, this time farther out into the lake, still watching curiously. The Whishcash merely stares on nonchalantly, wondering what Dragonite will do next. As your Growlithe sniffs around, perhaps a bit too close to the water's edge, a Lotad waddles along and sprays it with a water gun. It spins around, growling. Meanwhile, Dragonite stops, hovering right above the two shimmering objects in the water. In a burst of sparkling water flying up into the morning sky, a Dragonair bursts out -- Now, normally such a Pokemon would flee, but, seeing one of its own species, it merely extends its snakelike body out of the water and stares on into Dragonite's eyes.

(The shimmering objects were its eyes, fyi)

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    100% Energy,
    Wondering whether the Dragonair is a friend or a foe.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    95% Health
    100% Energy
    Staring down a Lotad.

Advanced Trainer

I’ll just go with TBA, then, because it’s shorter and I’m lazy.

And it’s fine that you copied me, MH. I don’t care. Glad you found it useful, I guess, even though it really doesn’t matter because I’m obviously still experimenting and refining my little procedure here. It’ll probably change, but if this works for you then okies.

TBA

Enticed by the Ghost- and Poison-type hovering playfully (you hope) behind you, you order Numeron to battle it. The Haunter is a bit surprised at first, but catches on quickly and attacks.

-TBA vs. Wild Haunter, Round One-

-Stats-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    Sleep Powder ~ Nightmare OR Sleep Powder ~ Dream Eater OR Sleep Powder
    Feeling fine

Wild (M) Haunter
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    ? ~ ? ~ ?
    Feeling fine

-Battle-

Numeron rattles his leaves vigorously, shaking a fine Sleep Powder in the Haunter’s general direction. As the tiny spores come into contact with the ghost’s gaseous form its eyelids begin to droop… it gives a half-hearted attempt at conjuring a ball of ghostly flame before giving up and falling asleep. With Haunter incapacitated, Numeron begins concentrating hard, forming an amalgam of wicked, terrifying thoughts in each of his three brains. The ball of terror is then launched at the Haunter, causing the ghost terrible Nightmares; all Haunter can do is whimper unhappily in his sleep. To finish the round off, the Exeggutor’s minds reach out for Haunter’s own; Numeron seeks and absorbs every last vestige of pleasant dreams from the wild Pokémon. After that Dream Eater Haunter has nothing but horrible nightmares in his head; he lets out a scream as the frightening visions cause him physical (metaphysical pain).

-End Battle-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
    100% Health
    82% Energy
    Pleased

Wild (M) Haunter
    68% Health
    99% Energy
    Asleep; terrified and wants his mummy *shot*

-End Round One-

Haunter is sleeping and whimpering as he floats in the air; Numeron smiles. The female Sneasel is nowhere to be seen, but it’s quite possible that she’s still lurking around the nearby area. Mr. Fahrenheit, meanwhile, has been told to keep the curious and slightly menacing female Mightyena at bay. The problem is, he wasn’t told how to do it. At a loss, the Shiftry jumps forward at the hyena, snarling as fiercely as he can in hopes of scaring her off. The Mightyena takes a step back in surprise, but collects herself. She’s seen Shiftry before, and this one’s not so scary. To prove to the tree-creature that she’s not afraid of him, she leaps forward and snaps at his leafy hand; Mr. Fahrenheit just barely manages to jump back in time to avoid a painful bite.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball, 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 100% Health, 100% Energy; wary of the Mightyena

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 100% Health, 82% Energy; pleased

plusle f, burmy m

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Let's see... I'll have Numeron use two Psychics, then I'll toss out a Great Ball. Also, I'll tell Shiftry to tell Mightyena that we mean no harm to it.

---

Chris
    You keep moving on. A splash from the lake area alerts you to a Feebas feebly leaping from the water in an attempt to breach (y'know, like whales). It's majestic, in a really pitiful sort of way. A Marill (yes, another one) is watching from the shoreline. However, the Marill turns away in disgust as a Magikarp attempts the same thing, but fails miserably. You watch your step as a Poliwag skirts between your legs, running quickly away to play with a Barboach who is swimming near the shore. What do you do?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I'll wave at the dragonair. Not quite the dragon i was looking for and besides I already have Talut. Meanwhile, I'll have Horatio roar and hopefully have the lotad run off. Then, I will continue to move forwards while lookiing around.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Need more trainers...I'm the only one not working here ^_^

Advanced Trainer

Aw, poor Vermillion is teh bored… I’d come in here if I had any money. But I don’t. Woe is me. Hey, and River’s not working yet, either, is she?

Meh. The randomizer seems to like the evolved Pokémon… oh, well.

TBA

The wild Haunter is right where you want it. Time to finish this up and catch it!

-TBA vs. Wild Haunter, Round One-

-Stats-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
    100% Health
    82% Energy
    Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Great Ball
    Pleased

Wild (M) Haunter
    68% Health
    99% Energy
    ? ~ ? ~ ?
    Asleep; terrified and wants his mummy *shot*

-Battle-

The wild Haunter frowns in his sleep; he’s had enough of these terrifying dreams. He fights furiously against his terrible nightmares and finally manages to wrench his eyes open. Oh, that Exeggutor is in for it now… Ghostly, bluish flames snake around his fingers and then dance towards Numeron; the Exeggutor flinches as he feels their cold caress. The chilling feeling quickly passes, however, as it is replaced by the painful, nagging burn of the Will-o-Wisp. Angry, Numeron mentally grabs the Haunter’s brain and swings him around with his Psychic powers. The Haunter next draws back one of his disembodied fists and fades into the darkness… he reappears right next to Numeron mere moments later and lets loose with a Shadow Punch. Another Psychic follows this, Numeron flinging his foe back across the Yard. The wild Haunter is in some kind of pain by now, and he decides to try giving Numeron a taste of his own medicine; he floats forward and locks eyes with his foe, who appears to be sitting there and doing nothing. A few waves of ghostly energy induce Hypnosis in the Grass-type and put him to sleep. As the Haunter grins to himself, proud despite his pain, he fails to notice TBA’s Great Ball sailing towards him until the red light engulfs him and draws him inside. The ball hits the ground and begins to shake as the ghost struggles. Once. Twice. Thrice… the catch fades from red to white as the ball settles down. Success! The wild Haunter has been captured! It’s too bad that Numenor is snoring right now; otherwise he’d be able to join in the celebration.

-End Battle-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
    84% Health
    75% Energy
    Burned (2% each round); Asleep

Wild (M) Haunter
    24% Health
    83% Energy
    Captured!

-End Round One-

You grin widely; you’ve just made the first successful capture in the TPM Safari Zone! Of course, your joy is tempered with a bit of uneasiness; Numenor is snoozing and also slightly burned. That’ll make exploring a bit more difficult… Mr. Fahrenheit is also a bit nervous. That Mightyena wants to bite him, and for no good reason! Well, that’s not very nice of her! Nervously, he edges a bit closer to her and tells her that he, his trainer and his friend aren’t here to bother her; they’re just here to sightsee and maybe catch a few Pokémon, like that Haunter. This was apparently, however, the wrong answer. The Mightyena doesn’t exactly fancy the idea of being caught, it seems, and she lunges at Mr. Fahrenheit a second time; this time she manages to get a good Crunch in on his wrist. Another Haunter, meanwhile—a female this time—is floating nearby, curious as to what the miffed Mightyena will do and wondering where her friend (the male Haunter) has gone off to…

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health, 100% Energy; wary of the Mightyena

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health, 75% Energy; Burned (2% each round), Asleep
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 3rd March 2007 at 05:33 PM.

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

No they are not. They are transported to the Safari Zone entrance and handed over upon leaving.

As for my quest. I want that Feebas. Callomuso, go after it. Use a psybeam to blast it, then use constrict to wrap around it and smash it with a headbutt.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Wolfsong:
    You wave top the Dragonair, and continue down to the shorline, and the shunned creature sticks out its tongue and departs. Meanwhile, Horatio roars loudly, and scares off a now whimpering Lotad. As you progress down the beach, you narrowly miss stepping on a sharp shell, and begin to be more conscious of your surroundings. The sand grew muddy and thick near the water's edge, and several white rocks could now be seen, some jutting out of the water's surface, others merely inches below. A friendly looking Azumarill hops up onto one of the rocks and looks at you quizzically. You also spot a few unidentifiable Pokemon in the murky depths of the water. But then, you hear a terrible shriek, and turn around to see your Growlithe, followed by a pack of Angry Lombre mothers charging at you! Talut leaps up onto one of the rocks, signaling a possible escape route. Growlithe stops at the water's edge, cornered, and prepares to battle, if needed.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    100% Energy,
    Cautious.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    88% Health
    100% Energy
    A bit beat up from the 'Lombre Squad'
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 3rd March 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll... hm... have Mr. Fahrenheit try his best to wake Numeron up (as will I). When Numeron wakes up, I'll tell him to Teleport us somewhere else, then use Refresh.

---

Chris
    Callomuso leaps into the water and immediately locates the Feebas.
    Battle!

Callomuso
    HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Fine
    Attacks: Psybeam ~ Constrict ~ Headbutt

Feebas
    HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Startled
    Attacks: ?

Callomuso manages to startle the Feebas, allowing him to get in the first strike: a Psybeam glowing in a rainbow of colors. Feebas tries to evade, but cannot fast enough, and the beam strikes him. Feebas reels, but manages to fire off a similar beam, this one a beam of sinister light. Callomuso takes the Confuse Ray, his mind spinning.
    Despite this, Callomuso manages to make his way to Feebas and wrap his tentacles around the fish. Feebas gurgles as Callomuso squeezes tighter and tighter - it tries, apparently, to use Double Team, but as it's being anchored in one place, it doesn't work too well.
    Feebas then tries again to escape Callomuso's grip with a Dive, but Callomuso has a very tight hold on the fish. Callomuso smirks and slams his head into the Feebas.

Callomuso
    HP: 100% | EN: 88% | Status: Confused

Feebas
    HP: 80% | EN: 93% | Status: Held

What do you do?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Not good. I'll have Talut try a roar. If that fails, i'll have him swoop down and use aerial ace into the mob and grab horatio then the three of us will get out of there fast. Once we're a safe distance away, we'll start looking around once more.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer

A quick question, TBA: Teleport you somewhere else in Grave's Yard, or some other random place in the Safari Zone?

plusle f, burmy m

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Somewhere in Grave's Yard, sorry. Hm, Chris and I need to work out whether or not you can switch locations like that...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think it would be ok. There's probably some nifty tandem bikes in the Safari Zone.

Ps: TBA, is the fight taking place underwater or not?

Cal good work. Strike hard with a psychic blast. Next paralyse it with thunder wave and bombard it with bullet seed.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Wolfsong:
    You immediately command your fearsome Dragonite to scare the Lombres away with a roar, which scares the majority of them off, However, one brave Lombre ignores the others and charges head on, surprising you with impressive speed. It swipes one of your great balls with thief, and darts down the beach! Dragonite swoops after it, and Growlithe angrily growls at the fleeing Lombre.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 very great ball

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    97% Energy,
    Chasing after the thief.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    88% Health
    100% Energy
    Pleased.

right so hang on...let me just chek something...
    2 points (minimum) to come in here and catch something that may turn out to be good or may not.....or 2 points to just catch whatever i want the normal way? Or has something changed. I dont mean to be a naysayer but i thought i saw that basic entry was 1 point?
    If its changed then it seems a little redundant unless your able to afford to come in here after something a little more evolved.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Advanced Trainer

WTF is up with these stupid Haunters?! Three of them?! Grr…

TBA

An angry Mightyena is prowling in circles around you and your two Pokémon; now, you think to yourself, was not a very opportune moment for Numeron to fall asleep. You and Mr. Fahrenheit rush to the Exeggutor’s side and begin shaking him furiously, begging him to awaken before the snarling female hyena attacks. In your haste to rouse Numeron, your hand accidentally brushes over the spot where the Haunter’s Will-o-Wisp first touched him; the Grass- and Psychic-type lets out a yelp of pain and all six of his eyes snap open. You don’t have time for too much of an apology right now, however; the Mightyena is drawing closer, and you need to get out of there fast. Numeron Teleports the three of you to a different section of the Yard just as the Mightyena leaps at you.

You and your Pokémon rematerialize a few seconds later in a desolate, rocky area. There are no tombstones here; just a collection of forbidding, stony hills and dry, scraggly grass. A chill wind howls around you, and as Numeron cures his burn with Refresh you notice that the three of you are not alone. Standing atop the nearest hill, a wiry female Houndour is leering at the three of you; floating some distance behind her is a second female Haunter and a male Duskull. A lone female Murkrow is circling slowly overhead, and a slight tremor beneath your feet alerts you to the presence of what is probably a Larvitar tunneling around.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health; 100% Energy; slightly uneasy

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health; 66% Energy; feeling better

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Haunter- 24% Health; 83% Energy; bewildered and in pain

plusle f, burmy m

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Let's see... I'll get the Duskull's attention and ask if it would like to join my time. If so, I'll catch it; if not, I'll ask to battle and send Mr. Fahrenheit into the fray with a Leech Seed, Faint Attack, and Giga Drain.

---

Chris (The battle's underwater, but near the surface.)
    Callomuso
    HP: 100% | EN: 88% | Status: Confused
    Attacks: Psychic ~ Thunder Wave ~ Bullet Seed

Feebas
    HP: 80% | EN: 93% | Status: Held
    Attacks: ?

Callomuso begins this round by firing off a Psychic blast. It slams head-on into the Feebas, causing it to groan in pain. However, Feebas gets a counterattack in, breathing a stream of bluish flames onto Callomuso, making the Octillery drop the Feebas in surprise.
    Then Callomuso does something... interesting. Instead of attacking Feebas, he attacks himself. However, this does have the added effect of shaking him out of his confusion. Meanwhile, Feebas Splashes hopelessly.
    Callomuso frowns, and through some bizarre power of his, summons a maelstrom of seeds that buffet the tiring fish. The Feebas responds by slamming into Callomuso with a Tackle.

Callomuso
    HP: 88% | EN: 81% | Status: Okay

Feebas
    HP: 61% | EN: 82% | Status: Okay
    Last edited by The Blue Avenger; 8th March 2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: This is not the mistake you're looking for... *waves hand*

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Octillary learns Psychic among his many other attacks. Says so in both Serebii and Psypoke.

Anyway... I'm definately giving this a try. I'll purchase a pair of balls, one Great Ball and one Pokeball (doesn't everyone, though? ). And to accompany me, I'll bring Tsunami and Celeste. Masquerain (M) and Hypno (F), respectively. And I'll be heading to Crush Quarry, I think.

Oh, and a few questions. First off... is there no where to find Electric pokemon? Not that I really need more, but they seem to be lacking from the available areas (unless they're all considered "city" pokemon). Also, so far all the fights have been 1 vs 1. Does it have to be that way, or can you double-team your opponent to weaken them faster?
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Elec: I'll ref for you. And to answer your questions: All electric Pokemon can be discovered in the Safari Zone with the exception of legendaries. They are, however, some of the more scarce types. If you're after an electric type, look around Trolgar Mountain and The Old Village.

You can indeed double-team your opponents, but nearby Pokemon may also join in the fray to assist the wild Pokemon.

Ultimate: You're quite right in pointing out that it is no cheaper than the Approval Tower. But you can look around the Safari Zone as long as you want until you find a Pokemon you want to catch; you will never have to catch something that 'may not be good' in your words.

The Safari Zone is just an alternate way of adding members to your team. It is more of an anime based way of catching a Pokemon you want, but at the same time I think the main intrigue is the ability to catch evolved forms. There are some 2nd stages in most places of the Safari Zone.

I hope you'll give it a try.

--

Safari Zone Quest: Elec Man EXE
    Part 1

After purchasing your Pokeballs (1 Great Ball, 1 Pokeball) you step out of the lobby. You have your Masquerain {Tsunami} and your Hypno {Celeste} in their Pokeballs, but the rest of your team is kept with the Safari Warden.

Your assistant, Chris 2.0, accompanies you through the main area of the Zone until you arrive at the barren wasteland that is Crush Quarry. Large, jutting rocks burst from the ground and you see a variety of Pokemon wandering along.

There is a little Aron shattering rocks with its hard head just before you. It is doing a fine job at shattering a formidable rock formation. Nearby a pair of Machop are engaging in a playful wrestle; there is also a Nidorino crying in dispair as it wanders along on its own.

What will you do?

--

TBA: Ok I want Octillery to use bullet seed again. Then constrict around Feebas and use dive to take us deeper and deeper down the lake.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Oh dont worry i will give it a try however i may wait till i can afford to go after some Evo's.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I didn't come here for a poison type, but... Nidorino rocks. Alright, lets see. If its sad and lonely, maybe we can convince it to join peacefully. I'll send Celeste over to cheer it up, and then invite it to join my growing team, so it wouldn't be lonely any more. If it accepts, I'll use my Great Ball on it. If it refuses, well its going to have to be the hard way, and I'll have Celeste attack with Psychic, then Hypnosis and followed by Dream Eater if it falls asleep or Shadow Ball if it doesn't. Tsunami will keep a lookout and make sure nothing else joins the fight, and use Whirlwind to fend off the would-be attackers.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

*sighs* I'll have Talut (dragonite) Wrap up the lotad. Then I'll have Horatio Thief the great ball back. Lastly, once we have the great ball back, I'll have Talut use supersonic on the lotad before tossing it away from us.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?