Thread: WTF is this error message?????

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default WTF is this error message?????

Everytime i go to the internet (yes even here) i receive an error message about abnormal program termination then i can't see anything except my toolbar. Not even the start button. HELP ME!!!

Administrator
    Administrator

Sorry, but you're being way too vague for us to help you. Next time the error appears, please write it down/take a screenshot and give us the full error message here. What do you mean by you "can't see anything except your toolbar"? Which version of Windows are you using? Which version of IE (I'm speculating you're using IE, but I'm probably right)?

Initial thought leads me to think that this is IE's fault, but I can't be sure until I get some more information.

Detail is important...
    n/t

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

it is quite IE coz im using Netscape now and it works perfectly. Though Netscape sucks so i want to get the problem fixed

*goes get his camera*

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

I think what Chris means by a screen shot it by pressing the PrtScn button on your keyboard. Cameras don't work well with screens ^^

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ah! Now i see

EDIT: Here is what it says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

Runtime error!

Program CWINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

abnormal prgram termination

Couldnt take the pic, dunno why. Well anywayz i use Windows ME so it kinda sucks

Banned

Upgrade to XP or Downgrade to 98 because ME does suck. And I'll save Raz the trouble:

Download Firefox! Click Me

I'll let Chris word it right as to what the problem is, since my wording sucks and you'd only get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh Asakura
    Upgrade to XP or Downgrade to 98 because ME does suck. And I'll save Raz the trouble:

Download Firefox! Click Me

I'll let Chris word it right as to what the problem is, since my wording sucks and you'd only get confused.
    it's not a browser problem, idiot.

looks like you might need to reinstall some runtimes or something. chris should know more about this.

Administrator
    Administrator

Abnormal program terminations can be for a number of reasons, but the most likely reason is the one kainashi gave - you're missing some runtimes. I'm also guessing the shell is corrupted too, since, quite often, errors in IE can cause errors in the shell.

I suggest reinstalling ME (or if you can afford the upgrade, make the jump to XP) to replace them; there's no need for a clean install, just install over your current Windows installation and everything should be fine.
    n/t

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I used to have that problem a couple of years ago. Then one day it just...... stopped.

Why not try to restore your hard drive to an earlier time or to reinstall Internet Explorer? That might work.

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

WPM, please don't post here. It is much better to just upgrade to XP and use Firefox. Besides, .
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

First off, maybe he doesn't want to go out and buy $200 XP to get rid of an error message. I think that is a little extreme. Secondly, it is much easier to restore your hard drive back to an earlier time because it can fix almost any problem.

Administrator
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokemon Master
    First off, maybe he doesn't want to go out and buy $200 XP to get rid of an error message. I think that is a little extreme.
    Considering he's using ME, I would insist that he upgrades right now. And if you're paying $200 for an XP upgrade, you're getting mightily ripped off, or you haven't researched what you posted.
    n/t

Actually, I forgot that you could buy the upgrades at cheaper prices than buying the entire OS.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

WPM, please don't post here.
    I concur. 8)