Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,480 of 1543

Thread: War of the Forums

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: War of the Forums (#170)

I don't know what she's thinking, but I wonder how she managed to pronounce '...'.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: War of the Forums (#170)

Gavin seriously needs to learn to lighten up. How come everyone in WotF is like their real-life counterparts EXCEPT him?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#171)

PC: Now, now. We're not that hostile toward each other. We just think we are.

You don't want to be embarrassed in front of all your peers? Darn. I had an entire heckling chant planned and everything...

Ada: They've got their reasons for thinking he'd be a good choice. (As weird as it is to talk about "them" when it's our characters.) But what could those reasons be? Why would they both think that someone who actively thwarted a mod's plans be a decent ally?

Maybe it's all about the power... wahaha!

Gabi: It's easier than you might think.

Blade: Maybe you just don't talk with Gavin often enough. Or maybe I have plans in that regard. Either way, I concede nothing!

On that note, let us continue.

#171: Courage might be an odd choice of words, but our mystery man did stop Gavin's assault. Still, one can understand the incredulity.

This was one of those pages that gave me a lot of trouble during the design process. With so much text (and long words at the ends of sentences), cramming multiple large word bubbles into individual panels was a necessary struggle. I changed pictures for a couple of panels multiple times to try to create more space.

Ada explained what the new candidate has to offer the team. Brian reminded Gavin of his humiliation.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Our mystery man would be Faiz. If we looked into who is the latest of the four to get mod, darktyranitar would be the one.

If I am right, Brian would owe me a cookie!

Veteran Trainer

Welcome to about 100 pages ago, Darx.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I have a hunch that Armstrong is Andrew, and Yomiko is Lady Vulpix. Gavin comment on ‘getting the big guy’ shows that he either know who this guy really is – i.e. it might be Andrew . Or… it just might be that Gavin doesn’t want to deal with another woman after TML and B4’s case.

Global Mod = Super Mod, perhaps?

As for I-browse (lol at the nick)… heh, heh…
    Please take it easy~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Why thank you, Blade! I am fortunate to survive from my two weeks of insane cramping of assignments. ^.^; Oh and yuppers, I totally agree with Faiz that Armstrong has to be Andy, while the other has to be Gabi. Unless if Brian decides to surprise us by putting Andrew up as the female character.

After all, Andy do have a nick and completes it with Roy. >.<;

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by darktyranitar View Post
    Global Mod = Super Mod, perhaps?
    The position known as supermod on TPM is known as global moderator on other boards, so I would assume so.

I've realized I haven't posted any guesses before, so... I think 'Eyebrows' may be Faiz (a.k.a. the one whose post I'm quoting). It would make sense.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hmm, Gavin goes from angry opposition to grudgy approval in just a few panels here...
    I like Ada's whole "it's a scientifically proven fact that modding X will positively influence our modness" speech in panel 3 of #171.

Hmm, hearing all these guesses on who Eyebrows could be getting narrowed down to just 2, I grow suspicious. For all we know, he might be a lead to the GM and the next modding... which could still be miles away, if we've been led on the wrong track. Heck, the next mod could be someone who'll prove to be invaluable in the coming WoTF... Or I could be wrong, and Eyebrows really is Oz or DT, in which case he's already proven his worth.[/random-guesses]

Oh, and seaweed for facial hair? That reminds me of this song I heard a while back... *starts humming Now that we're men...*
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#171)

Poor Gavin, both Brian and Ada are both against him. But I am interested to know about our mystery candidate. I know we have seen him show up a lot. But we don't know truely anything about him .... okay I don't know anything truely about him.

Keep up the good work!
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#172)

Dark: Cookie? What cookie? I owe nothing! And how can we be sure of anything? There are fewer and fewer possibilities, and yet infinitely many.

But nonetheless, welcome back, Dark. It's good to see you here again.

Blade: Such cruelty.

Faiz: Well, that's an interesting hypothesis. But don't you see the obvious gaps in your theory? Besides, if you recall, Gavin spoke with Andrew in #33 and #34. Would this turn of events make any sense with Andrew as Armstrong?

Gabi: Actually, I believe the s-mods were known as Global Moderators for awhile here, too. I seem to remember having images for the various ranks not so long ago, and that's one of the ones I recall.

A lot of people seem to have the same guess as you. But does anything make sense now?

Mike: Approval? Really? It's hard to argue with Ada, but that doesn't mean Gav's gotta like it.

People are missing a lot of possibilities for iBrowse's true self, instead focusing on the ones they think are most obvious. But it can't be helped, I suppose. Reckless speculation is part of the human condition. How reckless is too reckless? We'll find out soon, when you see whether anyone's actually right.

He's just lucky he's not bald.

Inferno: It's frustrating to be outnumbered. But what's the deal with our mystery man? What can he offer the team?

Acceptance is difficult.

#172: Rant++

Still, working with someone with whom you previously fought can be an uncomfortable situation. Resistance should be expected.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

The real Shonta Moderator

Drama queen. Just because the guy shot at him...
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Administrator

What can I say, when Shonta's comment says it all?

Elite Trainer

... I see. When all else fails, Gavin pushes the rant button to blow 'em off their horses.

Veteran Trainer

Gavin's just NOW figuring this out?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

What a punk!!!! If anything I'd be hella happy that guy's been modded. I'd give him a Mod training real quick, pwn hiz azz all week and then I'd be cool with it.

YES YOMIKO! THAT MADE ME COME BACK, THANK GOD <3<3!!!! Got really tired of waiting. Really. I want some sickarse Secret Technique Spam Post Surge attack NOW! RIGHT NAO!

And you may not like ROD: TV as much as you liked ROD, but its still enjoyable. The quiet girl's skills are the best-at least to me.

Let's see what else....I'm sure there's more...

Oh, after next comic post, I got a surprise for you pika >D! Keep it coming though, I'm still loving the development.

Oh...Yeah I'm back now after a extended absence of slaying Blade like an English dragon.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#173)

Shonta: Not to shoot down your concise point, but when did Eyebrows shoot at Gavin? He pointed his gun at the mad mod, sure, but...

Gabi: I suppose you can say as much as I can say in response.

Mike: Sometimes rants are good to pressure the other side. Other times you only give up your leverage.

Blade: Figuring out what? That his allies are nuts?

DL: Heh, so that's how you'd handle it? Someone's watched Training Day a few too many times.

Yomiko's here! But we've yet to meet her in person. What sort of supermod is she? Kind and gentle? Harsh and vengeful? We shall see...

I would suspect that the TV version might be a little more diluted than the original, but it still looks good. I'll have to watch it.

We all love surprises, except when they come in the form of a sword through the spine.

Speaking of surprises...

#173: If there was anything Ada and Gavin didn't expect Brian to say, that was probably it.

Note the split panel six. That technique needs perfecting, but it's probably a good first attempt.

The title is taken from one of the central lines of The Big O.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

I Finnished last Moderator

Now come some divine commands to the picture? What if 'gods' mean Kevin, Little_Pikachu and other administrators? Their existence is as questionable as gods' these days, right?

Elite Trainer

Heh, first I thought he meant the GM's, you know: gmods.

So, will we get to see the declaration of the other 9 commandments cast by the gods? I wonder what they're like if "Thou shalt Mod the Eyebrows" is one of them...

Administrator

Well, I didn't expect him to say that either. Do Gods talk to him now?

The real Shonta Moderator

Yeesh! Okay, okay. So he didn't shoot at Gavin. Which makes him even more irrational.

They have to be the higher moderators. He's too sane to be hearing voices at this point.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Cool Re: The Petoskey Tournament 4 (Now Beating the Dead Horse without a Lemon)

Chapter four: The Crock of Time

Meanwhile as Charles and Ricky made there way they the dryer part of the Southern Swamp…

“So Like Mayer Ryu told me and Charlot and all are Pokémon the most hilarious story the other night.” Charles said.

“Really, and you still have not told me what hatched from that Egg that Mayer Ryu gave you for your birthday”

“Yeah and I told you it was a Bad Egg that ate my Old Pokédex, that’s why Charlot bought me a new one.” Charles said.

“Anyways, so fireworks are illegal for people to own/use in this state So Ryu and his friend Blademaster bought some and they were going to drive to New Pork City and use them, because there absolutely no laws there like at all ever, and well Blademaster is a idiot and he was going fast or something so some cop pulls them over because She thought Blade was drunk and She sees all the fireworks and she asking Ryu questions like OH WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO? and she all YOU KNOW WE HAVE THESE LAWS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, So Ryu was like YEAH MAN, IF YOU SHOOT THOSE IN TO THE ATMOSPHERE YOU'LL P- OFF RAYQUAZA, and the cop's all WUT WHO'S THAT? and Ryu's like OH RAYQUAZA IS A STRAIGHT UP GANGSTER or something hilarious like that.

And Officer Jenny then calls in the backup, once they arrived and a wild Mudkip crawled out of the ditch and the first male cop asked what the hell is that fucking Mudkip doing here? And the second replied that he did not know and called it a little basted for peeing on his leg, and the third cop pointed at the second said to forget about Mudkip and look above you, and the second cop screams what the fuck! And calls out his Bidoof and Rayquaza used Hyper Beam and then the Second cop said to the others ‘Shit that Rayquaza just owned my Bidoof in like, two seconds.’ The other two told him ‘Too bad. Get one with Roar of Time and kick some Rayquaza ass.’ then Jenny order them to retreat saying WELL IF HE GAVE YOU THOSE FIREWORKS TELL HIM HE'LL BE NEXT IF WE CATCH HIM I'M GOING TO HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS RAYQUAZA GUY. and then they let Blade and Ryu go, And Blade was like figure that shit out and Ryu replied Grate Scott's!”

“Was not the same story you found at Balbasuar Garden but changed the Charters to the Mayor and his friend?” Ricky asked.

“Can it Ricky the readers don‘t need to know where the crap I get my Ideas from you Monkey Butt!” Charles said.

“What readers? Wait is this the same Fanfic you been working on, and why did you make me into a jerk?” Ricky Complained.

“Actuality your more or less of an Anti-Hero.” Charles said “Besides you well be need to take on the servants of the dragon of darkness.”

“Is that a fact, if so I think you are giving way to much of your plot away then.” Ricky said.

“Not really since most all Fanfics have some sort of master villain in them take Lisa the Legend for example Joseph Starling was voted as one of the best villain in the last Fanfic awards, then there is Pichu, now their a Charter I’ll never forget.” Charles Replied.

“Oh yeah I remember now in TPML you got your brains blasted out of your head by a Pichu, speaking of which I am very Surprised that you caught one and named it Mr. Paranoid after are English Teacher.” Ricky laughed.

“That’s because the Pichu in TPML was based off of a member of the ASB called Pichu, besides Chris 2.1 said the Charles in his story is not the same one from my Fic meaning he is not ME but is based off of me!” Charles said.

“Fair enough, but you do realize we have been braking the fourth wall.” Ricky said.

“Yeah, I know but it gets me down that no one is replying to this Fic like they used to.” Charles said sadly

“Well given the fact that your English stinks, and the fact you were plagiarizing without giving anyone any sort of Credit, which reminds me why did you say that you own the copy rights to my charter?” Ricky said. “And it could also be because you lost a lot of respect all because you forgot all about Fanfic Rule number Seven because you were so horny.”

“Can it you Monkey butt or I’ll sic my Tyranitar on you!” Charles said coldly.

“What Tyranitar? Godzilla is still a Lavritar.” Ricky pointed out. “I can’t believe you mess up your own Cannon.”

“I'm not going to get involved in this debate due to the fact that it will drain my I.Q. so much that I'll turn into one of those brain-sucking zombies, then starve to death because I'll be attempting to suck the brains out of your members at your message board called The Planet of the Infernapes.” Charles joked. “Besides it’s not like I am trying to win a Darwin Award or anything I mean if Survival of the fittest truly ruled supreme then the statement ‘Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers’ would also be true I mean at lest by saying God Created everything it dose not look like he was cooking up dishes that look close to brains or vomit.”

But before Ricky could reply they heard a rustling sounds coming from one of the Sitrus berry bushes that grow along this path of the woods that leads down to The Shinju Pond, which is one of the Smaller ponds that is feed by the Crystal River Falls which are behind Chariot’s house and feeds an area
    collectively known as both as “The Southern Swamp and the Sea of Tranquility” legend has it was formed by a giant Lunatone lost a battle with a Giant Solarock, and fell to Earth and crashed into the ground.

Just then two Zigzagoon walked out of the undergrowth onto the path, both of them each had a minimized Netball in their mouths, Rookie barked at them and they and dropped the Netballs and ran for it as Rookie started to chase after the them as they made hasty retreat back in to the undergrowth.

“So Charles where those Zigzagoons friends of yours?” Ricky asked with a mocking laugh.

“Nope I just been observing them for the past week for Mayor Ryu, they must know where to find a lot of netballs because that’s all I ever see those Zigzagoon pick up, however Rookie keeps scarring them off,” Charles said as they picked up the two Netballs.

“Yeah right likely story, I think your Just Jealous of me because all the girls at School think I am a stud muffin!” Ricky said as they reached the pond and sat down on the bench of the dock/deck hooked their lines.

However unknown to Ricky and Charles their Sisters had been training their Squirtle and Piplup, The foursome had hidden the cattails since it was a very hot Sunday Evening.

Which was bad news them; Because the two girls had over heard what Ricky said, and started to work on a plan to totally embarrass their brothers at school tomorrow morning; They set to work as soon as Ricky’s and Charles lines were cast in to the water.

Just then Charles thought he saw two flashed of light coming from the cattails but I stupidly dismissed it as being two Poliwag evolving in to Poliwhirl, however he was about to find out just how dead wrong he was…

“So yeah Like During my battle with Crogunk I noted it had a thorn stuck in it’s foot so I tripped it and then told it that it fought well but do having having a Pin Missile from a Budew stuck in it’s foot it was not able to doge my attacks very well and then I took out my Fist aid kit and told it to relax as I took the thorn out and applied a Full Restore to it’s wounds, What?!” Charles said then noticed a Strange fog roll in.

“I know, I was there you and that Crogunk Saved both Charlot and myself by defeating both the gang of Budew and Carnivine.” Ricky said. “Hey Charles, I have a bite!” Ricky then reeled in his line, but then Charles started to get a bite as well and also reeled in his line.

However, after some time they found out that their lines has not just tangled together as they had originally thought but had been tied together.

“Wait Ricky I just remembered didn’t are Sisters say they were also coming here today to train?” Charles asked slapping his forehead.

“Wait are you saying that was their Starters that just Evolved and used ether Mist or haze?!” Ricky spat.

“Well I …Bronzor Aipom!” Charles started to explain, however something quickly froze the lower half of their bodies, and he felt Extremely cold having been put on Ice.

“Whoa! Why the hell are we half frozen Charcoal Brain?” Ricky yelled.

Charles however knew whatever did put them on ice, had came out of the pond, which they had their backs to as they had been on are way back to are seats to try to fix are fishing lines.

Just then their Sisters wearing Identical bathing suites jumped over their heads with the help of their Apparently newly evolved Wartortle’s and Prinplup’s Hydro Pump attacks getting Charles and Ricky wet in the presses…

“Brothers prepare for Embarrassment like you never experienced before!”

“To perfect the secrets of Girlish kind with beauty and grace!”

“To Make a mockery of are brothers through out the land, and to fight for love!”

“Jodi!”

“Elena!”

“We blush at the speed of fluttering eyelashes with girl power!”

“Wartortle!”

“Prinplup!”

“Hey Ricky is it just me or are they getting better at doing their Motto?” Charles laughed.

“No you Charcoal Brain we are just getting used to them saying it all the time.” Ricky sighed.

“Well Elena, how do you think we should embarrass our brothers this time?” Jodi asked her partner in crime.

“I know lets take a picture of them frozen up to their necks in a block of Ice,” Elena said.

“I am sure with a good article it well make the front page in the School paper.” Jodi said, as she took a camera out of her backpack that she pulled out from under the bench, with a devilish grin on her face.

“True, that would really screw up their perfect attendance records, let’s also make up a story about how they planed to take on the Petoskey Tournament!” Elena said with also with an evil grin.

They proceeded with the second stage of their plan by having Charles and Ricky frozen up to their necks in ice, then they left without even bothering to spray any max repel around them.

“Have any more bright Ideas, Charcoal Brain?” Ricky asked in bitter annoyance as he saw his own breath despite the warm summer night.

“Can’t you see I am working on it you Monkey Butt, But as we are currently frozen up to are necks in Ice, there is not much we can do until we are unfrozen.” Charles said with chattering teeth.

Just as the last of the rays of sunlight faded as Charles let out a long yawn, as two small Pokémon jumped out of the water on to the dock/deck and gave a cry of their names as they ran at Ricky and myself, however it was hard to Identify them because, the moon was hidden behind some clouds.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Poliwag!” croaked both Pokémon as they slammed their small bodies against are Icy prison cells for lack of better team, however Charles noticed
    one of them was oddly colored since he could spot his bright Orange shinny skin even in the dim light.

“I don’t get it Charles if these Poliwags are wild Pokémon then why are they not afraid that we well catch them once we are free?” Ricky asked Charles with a Puzzled look on his face, However do to being frozen he could not scratch his head…

“But of course you are Confused about a wild Pokémon’s willingness to help out us humans Ricky, I mean if Particles to people evolution is true and that survivable of the fittest ruled supreme, then why would two Poliwags who we have never met us until now try their best to free us from this ice? ” Charles questioned his nephew.

“Well um they are among one of the earliest creatures to have Evolved from Mew, and they have learned to survive and in some cases even thrive in areas where human have populated…” Ricky Angrily blurted out, as the Poliwags more determined then ever repeatedly body slammed the Ice causing massive cracking to show up in them.

However the two Poliwags soon took a break, and hopped under a maple tree not that far away and started to scarf down on some Leppa berries, but then they herd some barking sounds, and ran back on to the deck and hid behind Ricky and myself Scared of the barking cries of Rookie, I could tell that he was chasing something as I herd a rustling sounds coming from one of the Sitrus berry bushes..

They watched as a Stunky jump out of it followed closely by Charles pet Houndour, who relieved himself on the bush before continuing to give chase to the Stunky, who gave a yelp as Rookie jumped on it, however five more Stunky showed up lead by a female Skuntank who knocked Rookie of her offspring, and growled at him angrily...

The Skuntank lead her offspring to form a Circle around Rookie, they all seemed to be unaware of us for the moment, Rickie and Charles watched as each of the six Stunky evolved in to six Skuntank who turned their backs on Rookie, and Sprayed him with a cloud of green poisonous gas...

Rookie let out a loud wine as he fell to the ground...

“No, Rookie you can’t die on me buddy!” Charles screamed out loud with out as his eyes starter to tear up...

The old female Skuntank looked up at Charles and let out a Mighty Roar before running towards the dock.

“Smooth move Charcoal for Brains, tick off the skunk even more!” Ricky Sneered.

However, just as the Skuntank put one foot on the dock, an Extremely wrinkled Poliwrath and an equally wrinkled Politoed jumped in front of Ricky and Charles with the same two Poliwags as before at there feet. Which led me to think that the very old Poliwrath and Politoed were the Poliwag’s parents.

The Skuntank fled in fright as roughly five hounded Pokémon croaked out loudly “Poli!” and fired of water guns at them most of them missed however and thankfully none hit Rookie‘s body, but at lest it was enough to scare the Skunks away.

“So Ricky now do you see my point about how stupid Molecules…” But Charles was cut off from what he was saying and was confused for at that very moment bells started to ring out loudly from that maple tree where the two Poliwags who helped out Ricky and himself earlier had been scarping down some Leppa Berries from the bush growing under it…

As Charles looked at the maple, he thought he saw The Guardian of the Forest, who Is said to be the sprit of time; And is said to have been one of the first Pokémon to exist ever. In fact legend has it that it created time and thus being outside of time is able to travel threw it at will. however, he blinked and it was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Man those Skuntank literately stunk, but at lest Rookie is felling a lot better that’s to a Celebi that used heal bell to heal him and defrost us… Charles said as he scratched his head…

“Hey Charcoal Brain, I would never be caught dead wearing a Hot Pink V-neck Shirt, I mean it‘s too girly.” Ricky sneered “It Also it was your lame Idea to go fishing and your stupid Houndour that got us in to this mess in the first place!”

“Shut up, you Monkey Butt it’s none of yours or anyone else’s Combeeswax what kind of shirts I wear, besides Charlot thinks it looks good on me, I mean just the other night we were having a tug-of-war with a Cyclops, and giving her fuzzy bunny a carrot.” Charles grinned…

“The hell are you saying you slept with her last night!?” Ricky asked “Ambers mom wont even let us be in her room alone, for a Charcoal Brain you sure are a Sugar Daddy.”

“Hun no we are the same age, well Yes seeing as it was are honeymoon and all, but what it really was, is that her father’s Dusknoir named Cyclops was attempting to steal a Pair of her socks, but Rookie and Zelda dove the Ghostfreak off with Shadow Ball, then we also feed Charlot’s pet Lopunny a carrot.”

“Yeah Right I still think you showed Charlot a good time.” Ricky snorted then threw the netball he picked up earlier at the Poliwag in front of the old Poliwrath then picked the ball up and vanished with it in to thin air.

Poli! Croaked the Extremely wrinkled Poliwrath.

“He said that jerk stole his seconded to last son he well ever have.” Squawked a voice.

“Is that a Fact Leeks?” Charles asked recognizing the voice since he been living with Charlot and her Parents for about five years now.

Poli! Croaked the Poliwrath to his wife sadly then jumped back in the pond.

“He told her that he wants you to take good care of his youngest son.” Leeks Squawked again.

Poli! Said the Extremely wrinkled Politoed then hoped back in to the pond.

“She said take very good care of are son Jeremiah.” Leeks said…

Charles was lost in thought as he picked up and put the fishing rods into Item balls and put them in to his backpack; as Rookie walked up to him and gave the Orange Poliwag, named Jeremiah a friendly lick on the face and accepted him as a new team mate...

Charles recalled Rookie in to his Dusk ball, then placed the Netball next to Jeremiah and watched as he caught himself, then Charles pocked both balls and, then called out his Natu out of his fast ball...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah the story Charles told Ricky was basically the same story I saw at Bulbasur's forums by the user Nando hence why Ricky said I copied and pasted it into my story and just added Ryu, Blademaster, and Officer Jenny and her back up and part which was based off of a banner apparently made by the user and then edited by the user Satoshi-kun, here is the Soure

So yeah Charles and Ricky were basically braking the forth wall in the since in this story they both are members of TPM which is why Charles talked about TPML and LTL and two of their villains...

Charles tells Ricky to shut up or he well send Godzilla who in the comic is a Tyranitar but as Ricky pointed out in this fic Godzilla is just a Larvitar like he is on my ASB team....

Now for the zombie quote that was from the user S.Suikun at
    Serebii
    about theTo Oak or Not to Oak" Gligar (Spoiler:) well soon to be Gliscor debate.

Now The Planet of the Infernapes. Darwin Award Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers are all references to Movies in the same way Moon Wars is a reference to Star Wars. The Planet of the Infernapes, is a Reference to The Planet of the Apes, Darwin Award is a reference to The movie 'The Darwin Awards' and Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers is a direct reference to the 1980 documentary film about garlic called 'Garlic is as good as Ten Mothers'

it should also be noted while Charles said he battle with a Crogunk it dose not mean that he did not beat up a bunch of Carnivine with two long sticks like Sirius told his son J-Dog.

also while having a tug-of-war with a Cyclops, and giving her fuzzy bunny a carrot can mean showing your perter a good time, I was more or less talking about Cyclops the Dusknoir and feeding Charlot’s pet Lopunny (which is a fuzzy bunny) a carrot...

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 3rd April 2008 at 09:17 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

The slaughter never ends. Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Wow, I sure let a lot of pages go by without popping into this thread... XD;

Anyway, first of all, that's a very cool cover the current book's got. ^^ Second, I'm glad you brought in that backstory involving Dark Sage and Master of Paradox--I'm always glad to learn about characters' pasts. And from what I saw of MoP's essay, I am definitely entertained by it--it talked of a "hellish inferno of epic proportions"! Fwee! XP And speaking of infernos... OH SNAP. OH SNAP, FLAME WAR. O_O That was certainly something. o.o

And finally getting around to catching up with the pages I'd missed when they first came out means that I now know (heh, as if I really expected otherwise XP) that "GM" in this case turned out not to stand for "gelatin mold". But... imagine if it had... o.o

Ooh, so iBrowse might get modded? o.o ...And the "gods" told Brian that iBrowse needed to be modded? o_o I wonder who and what these "gods" might actually be...

Well, the past several pages were great. ^^ Hopefully, I'll be a little more punctual in checking out future pages. XD; I'll now conclude this post with my favorite quote from the past several pages:

"Any man who would put flaming candles in his headband just to confuse his enemies is a force to be reckoned with."

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#174)

Would you believe that the next ten pages have been totally scripted for two months? This is what happens when school wreaks havoc on your life... the design process gets really delayed.

Mikachu: Divinity or insanity? Either way, it's pretty doubtful that anyone has seen mr_pika's guardian angels.

Mike: *dies laughing* Even all-powerful, omniscient spirits can be a little eccentric. Some might see that as cause and effect.

Gabi: The gods are in your brain, messing with your synapses.

Shonta: Rationality is overrated.

And Shonta, even saying that my fictional counterpart is sane makes me wonder if you know me.

Sike: And that's after a two-month hiatus! *laughs nervously*

Thanks about the cover; those always take a lot longer to create, but I'm glad the extra work paid off. I'm actually not big on flashbacks, but it seems like they have their uses on occasion. Incidentally, flame wars are much more entertaining when you're not the one ablaze. ^_^

Beware the almighty power of the gelatin mold!

Yes, it's possible that iBrowse will ascend to new heights... unless, of course, Ada and Gavin realize that their colleague is nuts.

I'm glad you're enjoying WotF, candle-hats and all!

Continue.

#174: Sadly, this page took me almost two months to create. Sure, it was scripted immediately, but a combination of absurd school projects and more absurd projects delayed the design process.

Do you think mr_pikachu expected this reaction?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yay to absurd projects! But man, I've missed this fic. Welcome back. This chapter felt kinda stagnant because it merely repeated information we already know, but it worked out well in this case because it reminded us where we are in the plotline. And you'd think Ada would be a bit more supportive because she had her own reasons for modding Eyebrows and all. Poor Brian. And poor us. Why does the cliffhanger not end after two months of waiting?
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Administrator

Welcome back indeed!

I wonder why they won't let him talk, though. He never did say it was a little voice in his head that told him that. If someone made a statement like the one he made on the previous strip, I'd like to hear what he really means before passing judgement. Of course, there aren't many possible excuses for that, but they should hear him first.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    #174: Sadly, this page took me almost two months to create. Sure, it was scripted immediately, but a combination of absurd school projects and more absurd projects delayed the design process.
    If they were all as "absurd" as your latest non-fiction fiction, than you are totally forgiven.

Poor Brian: in 6 panels, he tries to explain himself 3 times before getting interrupted...
    PerhapsAda and Gavin jumped to conclusions. I mean, hearing voices? People can derive the will of the gods from a lot of things, from cereals shaped like the state of Texas to crying statues...
    Yeah, maybe Brian saw something from the corner of his eye that made him decide: "the gods want the guy with the hairy eye decoration as the new mod!"

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yea, kinda funny how Ada would turn against Brian after he told her that the reason he proposed the moderation was because the gods told him so (but then again, it was written down in the book, isn't it? so it's not exactly directed towards him... I think.)

Anyway, welcome back. Good thing those absurd projects are finished, eh?
    Please take it easy~

Junior Trainer

Hmm. Perhaps Brian ought to have kept the whole thing about the "gods" telling him that iBrowse needs to be modded to himself... XD; I wonder what he could possibly do now to get them to hear him out...

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#175)

Ada: Yeah, that seems like a problem with shifting plotlines; you almost need to retrace your steps when you return to one that hasn't seen action for awhile. Ada definitely has her own reasons for the modding, but that doesn't change the fact that Brian looks like an idiot right now. Maybe he is an idiot... considering his position, that's probably sufficient cause for freaking out. As for the cliffhanger... working on it! ^^;

Gabi: And welcome back to myself again. What would you say if someone told you "God talks to me and tells me what to do." I've had people tell me that in the past... it generally followed a long string of disturbing signals. No further comment.

Mike: See the newly-posted Fanfiction Documentary... it's one of the many projects I had to complete.

Is it jumping to conclusions if all possibilities lead to an equal level of insanity?

Faiz: That book really complicates things. What does it have to do with Brian's sudden proposal? And who is iBrowse, anyway?

Glad to be done with all that work... it was really exhausting stuff.

Sike: There had to be a reason he mentioned that, right? Maybe it wasn't just total insanity!

Maybe.

Care for a behind-the-scenes look at the modding process?

#175: Yes, another flashback. What does Pika's newfound modliness have to do with the end of the world?

It's nice to see Martin again, if only in our dreams.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

Welcome back again! Even if it seems like you've gone too far back. Are you planning to explain that grand statement of yours at some point?

Elite Trainer

As it so happens, I read that documentary (just finished the last one now, actually)... and you are still forgiven for the absence - you make up for it with the quality of those, quote, "absurd projects", unquote.

---

Heh-heh, Brian the fresh new mod. 't Seems this rookie was overwelmed by the superior skills of his new peers. ... So that's why he developed such fine skills like... uh, the ability to host an award show in the suit he was born in, and, uh, the ability to lose a relic that holds the key to the end of the world on his overloaded desktop, and, uh, stuff. ^^''

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O

Ummm Wow. I only missed one comic

::Goes and drives off, will be back when he's 10 pages behind again. Don't worry, he's still a fan::

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Good night and good luck! Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Nothing, Everything

Thanks for the review, Mew Master! Yeah, I admit there are a few confusing parts, this story being filled with all kinds of actions, clues, and crazy characters. XD And thanks! Actually, I have this story finished, but I'm revising some chapters before I post them. Also, I've a couple chapters posted at other forums, but a mixture of busy and lazy made me not caught up with posting the chapters here. XD I actually have Chapter 13 ready to be posted but I'll wait for a few days for other readers to get caught up. However, I plan to have Chapter 14 be posted in all of the forums in the same day. XD

Okay, sorry to suddenly post this chapter fast. but here's a couple of reasons. One, my beta reader DarkPersian479 is going to have eye surgery and pretty much we're trying to get a couple chapters done. Two, I need to study for finals, so at least I'll get this chapter out of the way. Man, I'm actually a bit worried about them. Cumulative! O.o

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this last chapter of part one!

Chapter Twelve
    All in Perspectives

Jenny got up before everyone else and looked around the house. She first went inside a room and then gasped and laughed. Papers and books were scattered everywhere, most on the desk and on the bookshelves. There was a homey air to it, and it smelled a lot like smoke from a fireplace. On the walls there were two carvings. Jenny went inside and looked first at the rock carving of a huge bird Pokémon spreading its wings. On the bottom, there was writing on it:

Ho-oh’s Rainbows: All colors melted into one
    Thought to be the creator Pokémon of the Johto region
    Called the Rainbow Phoenix

She quickly went and checked on another carving. This one was with a small cat like Pokémon with a long tail. Like the Ho-Oh one, there was carved writing on it:

Mew’s Calmed Mind: Intelligent energy stored
    Thought to be the creator Pokemon of the Kanto region.
    Called Mother

“Huh, two different perspectives. So it’s true,” Jenny muttered to herself. She had heard of those two Pokémon before, but did not really believe that everyone thought different things on those Pokémon. Why, she was not sure. She continued to look at both paintings until she heard a male’s voice.

“Both are pretty Pokémon, huh?”

Jenny jumped and screamed, her heart beating faster. She turned around and saw Jacob chuckling.

“Did I scare you?” asked Jacob.

“Don’t ever do that again, Doc,” Jenny panted while still touching her chest.

“Sorry. Again, like the carvings?”

Jenny nodded and answered, “Oh yes, very beautiful. I got a question, though. How come the regions have different ideas as to which Pokémon is, for example, the one that causes death?”

Jacob laughed softly and replied, “Let’s just say as time goes on, perspectives and ideas change.” After he winked, he laughed again. “History is a very complex and fun subject to explore. All regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, have a unique past to them. History of those regions are the greatest epic stories around!”

Jenny giggled and said, “Yeah, I admit history can be interesting, only if I don’t sit through a three hour lecture university course of that subject.”

Jacob laughed harder then last time. Jenny just smiled, glad that the former professor was not offended by that remark.

“Well, maybe later I can tell you some stories and histories behind those paintings and carvings. Bunny knew most of that stuff back at the university. Right now it’s time for breakfast.”

“Anything?” Timmy asked while checking one of Bunny’s suitcases, which just had history books and a notebook.

At ten in the late morning, the sun had already become bright. Timmy and Lucas rummaged through Bunny’s former hotel room. So far, they had uncovered little of interest.

“No,” Lucas answered after he searched through the drawers. Only clothes were in there. “Found anything?”

Timmy shook his head and Lucas responded with a groan.

“Now, it’s obvious that we won’t get much here. Looks like we’ve to go back to the police station to sort this out.”

Both Lucas and Timmy were about to leave until something caught Lucas’ eye. The chief slowly went to the desk and picked up a postcard of a large building with the sign PokéTech.

Hey, Bunny:

Guess what? I got the job at PokéTech in the marketing department! You won’t believe what our next promotional gig will be. We’ll have three clowns coming and quizzing some people and if they get three answers right, they’ll have a free Pokétech. I really am excited about it. And oh, I almost forgot. There’s a Renaissance Fair coming and that’s when we’re sending in the clowns. Well, hope to hear you soon!

Take care,
    Violet Carson

Lucas grinned while Timmy looked at him in a funny way.

“I know who we can talk to.”

Inside the dining hall, everyone was eating sausage and eggs on their plates. After Jacob finished drinking his orange juice, he spoke.

“Now, to put it in summary, the plates are stone tablets and some of them have Unown texts carved.” Jacob paused and stared at Bunny. “Bunny, I think you remember visiting him a few times before and he talked to you about those plates, right?”

After Bunny finished eating her eggs, she answered, “You know, now that I think about it, yes. He told me just a little bit of it, though.”

While everyone was silent for a moment, Bunny thought about Ernest. She wondered why he did not say anything about it. She tried to be understandable, however.

Usually archeologists like to report on their new discoveries, though in a quiet manner. I guess he wanted to take the time to make sure everything is fine?

Jenny slowly drank her orange juice with a raised eyebrow. Each sip was colder than the one before.

So the plates are just tablets with Unown texts? There must be more to it than that…

“Anyways, back to the plates. One book gives a bit of history of them. I think it’s called Carved in Silence by Bean Fenton.”

“Oh, I have that book in my bag!” Bunny announced with a grin on her face.

Jacob held his stomach while laughing out loud. Jenny too chuckled. Bunny’s cheeks blushed pink. She did not say anything, so she just continued drinking her juice.

“Well, I bet the both of you will like that book.”

Jenny moved her left hand as if shooing a fly and laughed.

“Probably not, Doc. I would rather let you tell me more about it.”

Jacob instantly smiled. Now he had them where he wanted.

“Maybe there is,” Jacob replied with a sly tone.

Both Bunny and Jenny raised one of their eyebrows. The way he said that made them feel uneasy inside.

“What do you mean by that?” asked Bunny.

“Well, last night I got to thinking. Jenny, remember when I said Ernest’s note could be of a scavenger hunt of sorts?”

“Scavenger hunt?” That word left a sour aftertaste on her tongue. Her eyes then went wide. “Don’t tell me we’re going to hunt down those things!” she protested, her eyes burning.

A scavenger hunt, and a good time to do it. Bunny sighed. True, she would be very excited about it, another artifact to find. Too bad that search might have to be delayed for an undetermined amount of time.

“Professor, it sounds fun, but you forget that Jenny and I are wanted.”

“I know and I had not forgotten that. Just hear me on this. This is a perfect opportunity for you guys to run away for a while until you can figure out this situation. That, and also those plates could be used as proof for Bunny’s innocence.”

Bunny and Jenny did not smile or happily gasp. Instead, their mouths let out sounds of uncertainty. Jacob frowned when he heard them.

“I’m not so sure,” Jenny said while her mouth moved slightly. “Can’t we just stay here? Also, do you know where the plates are?”

Jacob shook his head and sighed.

“No. I’m hoping though we can talk and plan about this first. Plus, I think it’s best to move about, just for a little while. Maybe the police will find you guys here.”

Jenny had her right elbow on the table and hand on her cheek. She agreed that it was better for someone under the wanted radar to move very so often. Still, would they come here?

Bunny twitched her mouth. Running away again was a good idea and at least they would do something else. From her four years in the field of Pokémon archeology though, finding artifacts could be dangerous too.

“Same here.”

Jacob sighed and wiped his forehead, getting off the sweat. He had put too much hope on this. The professor sighed and then smiled.

“I understand, a bit too soon. Tell you guys what, I’ll let you two think about it for a few days. Agreed?”

Bunny nodded with a smile. A few days time should be more then enough to think about whether she wanted to go find the plates.

“Yes, that would be great.” Bunny then faced Jenny and asked her, “Are you fine with it, Ella?”

Jenny was not that interested in getting the plates, especially with her being mad at her uncle. Rage began to build up inside. On the other hand, Jacob seemed to know a lot about Ernest. Maybe he would tell her more of her uncle’s secrets. Plus, this could be a chance to save Bunny. Jenny nodded while she had her right elbow still on the table and right hand on her cheeks. No smile on her face, however.

“Yeah, it’s fine.”

Jacob and Bunny stared at each other, thinking the same thing. The tone in Jenny’s voice sounded like she really did not want to do it. There was silence for a while until Jacob spoke.

“Maybe we should take our minds off from plates and chases for a while. I know, why don’t we go and tend to my garden?”

Bunny grinned and nodded. “That would be great!”

“Sounds fun.”

Things did not go so well for Lucas and Timmy. Inside the small kitchen, they questioned Violet if she knew anything about Ernest’s murder and of Bunny’s disappearance. Nothing from her. Throughout the interview, she held her anger inside. A few times though, the chief and officer noticed how mad she was after hearing her teeth clutching and fingers tapping on the round dinning table.

“Now Violet, are you sure you haven’t heard anything of it? Not even on the news?” asked Lucas.

“Again, no!” Violet answered as her finger drumming got louder. “The last time I saw her was at the Renaissance Faire. Besides, I was quite busy after that. I had to work double shifts at the PokéTech Company. I assumed Bunny hadn’t called because of her book she’s writing right now.”

“Well, according to our records, Ernest Norrison died at nine-thirty, two days ago. There could be a chance that Bunny killed Mr. Norrison when you left the city.”

Her finger drumming halted. Violet tried to hold her breath, but it was not working. She held it so hard, her face almost became red. Violet then burst out laughing and slammed on the table in the process. Both Timmy and Lucas stared at her as if she was the only person screaming in a crowded theater.

“Lady, are you all right?” asked Lucas.

Violet soon fanned herself with her right hand and took deep breaths.

“Sorry, but Bunny Spruce would never do that. She’s the most nicest person I know, unless you call her Bun-Bun! She doesn’t like being called ‘cute’ things because she wants to be taken seriously.”

Lucas sighed while Timmy shook his head. Dead end.

“Come on, Timmy boy. This isn’t getting us anywhere.”

Both Lucas and Timmy got up and left the kitchen.

Violet continued drumming the table with her fingers, this time stronger and faster, to the beat and rhythm of a war song.

Police are corrupted now these days. Bunny would never do such a thing, or would she?

Maybe the police were not lying after all. Maybe Bunny did murder someone at nine thirty at night and she was now a runaway suspect. That was probably why she did not answer yet.

Violet instantly got up and picked up the phone attached to the wall. She dialed the numbers and hoped that Bunny would call.

Bunny was in the backyard reading Carved In Silence while Jacob watered the roses. There was one passage that she was hooked on reading:

During the Region Fights against Sinnoh, the Hoenn knights found the plates. At that time no one knew the Unown language except for the very educated. They found them while getting the items from the destroyed cities. All of the items the knights found are put in their wagons, so that in time the plates are just considered one of the stolen possessions.

After the end of the war, the plates are put in the island beach where Regice is assumed to reside. However, a decade later, the Hoenn War erupted. The king of Hoenn, King Mirra, ran away with the plates and then got killed by bandits at Twinleaf Town.

Ring ring, ring ring.

Bunny rolled her eyes and grunted. She set the book aside, took her cell phone out of her bag, and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Bunny, this is Violet! Tell me where you are!”

Bunny’s eyes got wide and she raised one of her eyebrows.

“Violet? What is going on?”

“I’ll tell you what’s going on! Two policemen came and questioned me about your disappearance. They told me you murdered a man named Ernest Norrison. They even showed me a photo of what Ernest wrote and it said something, something, get Bunny.”

Bunny thought her heart stopped. Now the police had questioned one of her friends. The search continued, and now Violet was very furious.

“Bunny, tell me it isn’t true. You didn’t kill him, did you?”

“No,” said Bunny simply.

Bunny heard Violet sigh and laugh from the phone. The archeologist could feel her heart beating normally again.

“Good. Seriously, it would take a nervous breakdown or something for you to do something that stupid. I say someone framed you.”

Bunny sighed to herself. She knew it was no frame up.

“Yeah, could be,” Bunny lied.

“It’s too bad you have to run away from the police. From what the told me, they really want to get you.”

“Yeah, they are. The real murderer is probably hiding somewhere.”

“Ditto. Look, the police might come back again with more questions. It’s probably best that you don’t call me. Maybe they’ll eavesdrop or something. Well, I better go. Take care and be safe.”

“Will do.”

Bunny closed her cell phone and her mouth twitched at first. Those two were hot on their trail and it would be sooner or later that they would come. Thoughts of jail again made her body shiver.

All of a sudden, she smiled. It was like all those great battles she had been studying. Bunny knew that if she did not want to lose, then a strategy must be put into use. For her situation, she must get away from Lucas and Timmy (and maybe all of the Jubilife Police Force) as long as possible until she got the plates. Maybe then it would be proof of her innocence.

Thank you, Violet for the information.

Her head turned and she saw Jacob watering the last few roses.

“Professor Alexison!”

When Jacob finished watering his plants, he turned around and waved at her.

“Hey, Bunny! What is it?”

“Count me in on the plates expedition!”

After she said that, Bunny smiled widely and chuckled. Her decision was to do this project but at the same time have some fun with those policemen. She would worry about going to jail later. The determination of getting two things accomplished at the same time blazed inside her heart.

Jacob grinned. One down, one more to go.

While Jacob and Bunny were outside, Jenny was inside the study room. Instead of studying the carvings, she glared at her necklace for quite some time.

Should I, or shouldn’t I?

Her mind still had not decided whether she should go with that expedition or not. Jenny’s anger towards Ernest was still strong. She could not believe all that was for some stupid treasure hunt. She kicked the desk, the pain not bothering her much.

We could’ve done a treasure hunt while he was still alive! I don’t care if anyone else found it. It’s theirs to keep!

That gave Jenny another idea. She giggled.

She for sure knew Bunny would accept that offer. With the plates being one of the most secretive artifacts out there, how could that history obsessed woman not resist? Also, if Bunny were to either be with her former professor or by herself, it would look more suspicious when the police found Jenny alone. Those plates too could be evidence for Bunny’s innocence. Lastly, this could be a chance to ask a few questions to Ernest about her uncle. Jenny chuckled Yes, everything so far went her way.

“You’re really interested in those legendary Pokémon, huh?”

Jenny jumped with a yelp. She turned around and saw Jacob. Her hand touched her moving stomach.

“You scared me again, Doc!”

Jacob chuckled and patted her head.

“Sorry about that, miss. I came to say that Bunny told me she agreed to this expedition. I assumed that you’re still thinking about it, right?”

Jenny grinned and answered, “Actually, I made my decision already. I decided to go to that expedition with you.”

His heart drummed harder and faster. Now his mission was complete. On the outside though, he smiled and nodded.

“Excellent. Well then, later tonight we should start planning.”

Jenny nodded and replied, “Sounds grand.”

Jacob nodded again and waved goodbye. He hummed happily while walking. Finally, he would find out what the deal was with those plates.

Only a hint of sunlight peeked out from the closed curtains. It was hot inside, and the fan on the small sized bookshelf moved around slowly. Lucas was inside his office, his eyes blinking. Besides dealing with Bunny Spruce, he had what felt like a million cases to deal with. Who said being chief was an easy job? Right now his mind focused on Bunny the most, though.

So far, nothing. Seems Bunny is ahead of the game.

He grunted and then his head was lowered down.

To top it off, Jenny’s helping her.

After Lucas ran his hands on his head, he decided to look over his notes once again. He took out the tiny notepad from his desk and scanned through it. There, one note caught his attention:

Professor Alexison- old friend of Ernest Norrison, former Professor of Bunny Spruce.

“Maybe he can shed some light off this case,” Lucas muttered to himself and smiled.

That night, the three were busy planning for the expedition filled with friendly arguments and a lot of joking around, especially with Jenny. Luckily though there was no bashing and such.

First they decided what they should bring. There were some arguments on that, like if they should carry a lot or not. All agreed though that they would bring their Pokemon, money, food, clothes, and extra blankets. They knew that this region was mostly a forested area and that there was not enough money to stay in many hotels (Ernest would be the one signing in and out). Lastly, they decided to go by foot instead of Teleport because it would take up a lot of Xatu’s energy and there could be a chance someone might see them use Teleport, so that technique would only be used in case of emergencies.

Another topic discussed was disguises. This was the fun one. It ranged from wearing wigs and Jacob’s clothing to even if both Bunny and Jenny should dye their hair. It was then settled that Bunny wearing a wig and Jenny changing her hair style and clothes should do the trick.

The last topic debated and the most heated one was where to go first. The argument ranged from which cities to which region the plates could be in.

“Maybe it might be in Mount Moon!” suggested Jenny. “It did say tower the highest.”

“It could be any mountain,” Bunny retorted. “All mountains are really tall and have snow falling, assuming that was what ‘Icy feel underneath’ meant.”

“Not all mountains have snow falling on them! Mt. Moon doesn’t, and I visited there a couple of times before! Besides, I think what my uncle meant by ‘Icy feel underneath’ is that mountain!”

“I think we’re getting ahead of ourselves, my friends. Mt. Moon is very far away,” Jacob said to end the argument.

“At least it could actually be a good hiding place for a wanted person like Bunny,” Jenny said with a chuckle.

“Hey!”

Balin giggled softly to himself. Jenny chuckled again, not looking at Bunny staring at her as if she was her worst enemy.

“What, I was just kidding.”

Jacob sighed and shook his head.

“Now, I think we should stop thinking about the locations of other regions for a while. Maybe it’s better that we focus on the locations in Sinnoh first.”

Both Bunny and Jenny nodded, instantly agreeing to that comment.

“Doc is right,” Jenny said. “The best place to start off is this very own region. However, where should we go first? There are like a million possible locations.”

Bunny tapped her chin a few times. It was true that Sinnoh had a thousand location possibilities. Maybe instead of thinking of a thousand of them, a specific type of location would be better.

“I know!” Bunny exclaimed after a long moment of silence from all three. “Since the plates have a historic background, it must be in some type of historic place, like old temples.”

Jacob laughed aloud and slapped his legs a few times.

Jenny nodded and said, “Yeah, that could be possible.”

“Good thinking, Bunny! That’s quite logical. You know what, I know one possible location we can go to, and it’s not too far from here, The Lost Tower."

“That Pokémon cemetery? Bunny asked.

Jacob nodded. “So we’re all on the same page here?”

“Yep,” said Jenny. “I’ve always wanted to go there.”

“Count me in,” Bunny said.

Jacob chuckled and said, “Good. We should get some supplies first, though.”

Both Bunny and Jenny nodded, each smiling as well.

“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

The old man got out of his seat and then lifted up his wine glass.

“To history!”

Both Bunny and Jenny lifted up their wine glasses and then both shouted in unison, “To history!”

All three had their glasses gently touch together and then a cling sound was produced. Indeed, it was settled then.

End of Part One

+++

Weeeeeeeee, got all of part one of this story posted! Don't know how since I believed my sophomore year at uni is harder than my freshman year. Maybe it's the procrastination! XD

Oh, if you guys are wondering, Part Two is still going to be posted in this thread. ^_^ Also, I think you guys are going to LOVE the next chapter, which is actually the chapter I had most fun writing, hehe.

Hope you guys enjoyed this. We're halfway through the story.
    Also known as Bay =D

Best New Writer-2007 Silver Pencil Awards
    Most Dedicated Writer-2008 Silver Pencil Awards

Rid of the Scarlet Letter (One Shot)//Two Cities (Poem)//Forever Young (one shot)//Hounds of Goldenrod (one shot)

~Nothing, Everything~
    The stage is set. Goals will be achieved. History will come alive.
    Chapter Eighteen up (12/8/08)

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Gabi: Yes, I certainly am! I don't make grand statements unless they have a purpose. Even if it is as insane as my character.

Mike: Thanks! *chuckles bashfully* I'm glad people are enjoying it. That site took a lot of time - really, I should have spent more hours on it, but other projects demanded completion as well - but I'm glad it's paying off. It goes without saying that anyone here may cite that website in defense of fanfiction whenever necessary.

As for Pika's reaction, you make an interesting hypothesis. But were their skills really the reason for his terror? In any event, he's certainly quite the character now.

DL: Glad to hear that you're still a fan! As for the slow update pace, see my comment to everyone....

Everyone: For the record, I have completed numerous pages beyond this point... I'm just having a horrid time trying to upload images of that size right now. The awful internet connection keeps getting in my way. Sorry for the delays; I'm doing what I can to rectify the situation.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Junior Trainer

Nice to get this look into the early days of Brian's modhood, first of all. ^^

Second, the look on his face in the last panel is priceless. XD

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default The Fanfiction Hall of Fame

The Fanfiction Hall of Fame

The Fanfiction Hall of Fame is a hallowed shrine for only the greatest members in all of Fanfiction. It will serve as a reminder of everything that those who built and developed the Fanfiction forum have done throughout our history. This sacrosanct place exists for the sole purpose of honoring those who have given so much of themselves to make Fanfiction better for all of us.

~ Hall of Famers ~

mr_pikachu
    Gavin Luper
    PancaKe

~ Inductee Profiles ~

Hall of Fame Inductee #1: June 2008: mr_pikachu

mr_pikachu joined TPM on September 30, 2002. One of the fanfiction forum’s most active members, he has authored over 15 creative works since joining TPM, including Misty Returns!, What Dreams Are Made Of, Clash of the Entities, Spoil Chick, A Trainer's Quest, Fleeting Love, Closed Door, Will, Make a Move, and War of the Forums, the most replied-to fic on TPM. War of the Forums deserves a special mention for being the first web comic ever posted on TPM, inspiring several fellow authors to attempt a similar format. Also successful was mr_pikachu’s 2007 series of long, highly personal poems (Just Words, Question and You Said Yes), which drew widespread acclaim from the fanfiction community. His 2008 work Argument for the Reformation of Pokémon Rights in the Kanto Prefecture, a metafictive research paper, garnered an enthusiastic reaction from readers impressed and intrigued by the unusual genre of the piece.

In 2008 he also conducted an in-depth study on Fanfiction and the habits and motivations of Fanficcers, interviewing several prominent TPM authors. The end result of this project was the ambitious, but largely successful and well received, Fanfiction Documentary.

Known to many on the forums as Brian, mr_pikachu has established a strong reputation on TPM as a skilled writer, dedicated reader and respected reviewer. Though his early reviews focused primarily on issues of grammar and spelling (an area of expertise for him), his approach has broadened and grown over the past six years: mr_pikachu is now a reviewer for the Fanfiction Reviewer Organisation, and his criticisms are some of the most in-depth and highly-valued on the forums.

In 2005, before being appointed moderator, mr_pikachu founded the Fanfic Trivia Game to boost activity in the Writer’s Lounge. He was also instrumental in reviving the Fanfiction Forum E-zine in late 2006. Not only did he act as editor of the inaugural issue, he has also been a staple contributor to the e-zine since, publishing four editions and writing 26 articles, more than any other contributor. He has become well-known for his monthly “Grammar Nazi” column, which thus far is comprised of 16 instructional articles dealing with English spelling and grammar rules; and, specifically, the applications of these to prose writing.

mr_pikachu famously swept the 2007 Silver Pencil Awards, winning 18 categories including Best Fiction Overall, Most Original Concept, Best Character in a Leading Role, and Most Dedicated Writer; eclipsing the other winners, he took home the Awards Award, dedicated to the member with the most wins in a given award season.

mr_pikachu co-founded the Fanfiction Hall of Fame with Gavin Luper in 2008.

He has served as a moderator of Fanfic since October 4, 2005.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 4th August 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Administrator

Is it necessary for the images to be so large?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#176)

Sike: It's always fun to see a freak-out, isn't it? Such were the first days of my modliness... very unmodly.

Gabi: Yes, for two reasons. First, if I reduce the number of panels, the duration of this fic will be multiplied massively. Considering that it's already been 175 with a six-panel format, I don't want to think about what might happen if, say, I reduced it to two panels per page.

Second, I can't afford to shrink the six panels themselves. It's already difficult to fit certain pieces of text into individual panels, and using a smaller font size would make it more difficult to read and reduce the number of effects I could employ. (Besides, I like the large, colorful pictures. Image selection is one of the most difficult processes within WotF's production, but it's one I take great pride in doing well.)

I do appreciate the suggestion to trim the file sizes and, in some sense, my workload, but it unfortunately just isn't feasible for what I'm trying to do.

However...

Bad News: Over the past several weeks I've dealt with a series of storms that have repeatedly taken out my internet connection, an ISP change (with nearly a week between losing the old one and gaining a replacement), some irritating confusion over how said ISP worked (which cost me another week), and now a lengthy process of transferring data from my old computer to a new one so that I can donate my old desktop to my parents.

Good News: I'm now on a new internet connection with a newer, faster computer that, once I get used to the touch-mouse system, should allow me to work on WotF and post pages quicker.

Better News: I can now post the additional pages I've completed to this point.

#176: More about the codenames. They take their anonymity very seriously, it appears.

Hoorah for 8-Bit Theater citations!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Default Re: War of the Forums (#176)

I'm glad this fic is back on track.

And I see what's happening. The mystery girl who "killed" Jay looked like Ada, and when Brian saw Ada for the first time, he was reminded of a girl who had a sword, who is, naturally, this mystery woman. Which is why he freaked out when Ada told him about her after Martin's death.

So... What is the connection? I hope we'll see soon. And by the way, you can get a mouse attachment at Radio Shack for about twenty dollars. I hate the touch-mouse system too.