Thread: 2007 TPM D/P Monotype Challenge

Hybrid View

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: 2007 TPM D/P Monotype Challenge

An ill wind is blowing... It may be scorching hot outside, but the temperature is about to drop.

Big time.

Name: Artie
    Type: Ice
    Reason: It's a play on 'Artic,' the often-used pronunciation (and spelling) of 'Arctic.'
    Rival's Name: Jake
    Reason: Named after our resident pyrokinetic (or pyromaniac, maybe), starjake.
    Badges: 0
    Progress:

Hey, folks. Blade here, and I've started a new MTC, this time centering around another lethal Pokemon-type that's weak against Fire. I speak, of course, of Ice Pokemon.

I began the game in a different way than usual: Instead of joking around and acting like a faux badass, I immediately rushed to Jake's house and, after sidestepping his impromptu body slam, followed him inside, and then up Route 201 to Lake Verity. That's where we met Dawn and Professor Rowan, who seemed to be looking for something... A Legendary Pokemon, perhaps? Nah...

They left, but before I could follow them, Jake dragged me into the tall grass to rifle through their briefcase, which had been left behind. Sweet. Finders keepers...

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! KILLER BIRD ATTACK!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!11

I grabbed and chucked a Pokeball, and out popped a Piplup, who proceeded to beat the killer birds to a pulp and send them packing.

Now, in case you're wondering, I just wanna point out that, yes, Piplup is a penguin, and penguins live in icy territories, but the real reason that I chose this starter is so Jake would get stuck with not a Fire Pokemon, but rather, a Turtwig. And since Grass Pokemon don't like Ice much... X3

Go ahead. Call me a cheater. All's fair in love, war, and Monotype Challenges.

After returning to Twinleaf Town, briefly talking to Rowan about his briefcase and Pokemon, and going home for a bit and getting a pair of Running Shoes, I headed to Rowan's laboratory in Sandgem and got a Pokedex, as well as a tour around the city from Rowan's fine-ass assistant, Dawn. She pointed out buildings and stuff to me; I was more focused on watching her ass than the scenery. Hubba-hubba... You're only 10 years old, Dawn? Not with a figure like that, baby. Speaking of which, do you like popsicles...?

Huh? What? Oh! Training, yeah... Er-HEM!

ANYWAY, I headed back home and told my mom I was sick of living with her and that I was leaving home, then I booked it back to Sandgem before she could protest. Yay, me! Freedom!

Back in Sandgem, I approached Dawn again, and she taught me how to catch Pokemon. Oh, Dawn... The way you hold those Pokeballs just sends shivers up my spine...

What? Those are for me? Oh, cool. Five free Pokeballs. W00t!

Before I had a chance to properly 'thank' her, though, she left for Jubilife City. But... But...

Oh, shit! Another killer Starly! Piplup, beat its ass! Hooray, I caught the useless bird, yay.

I returned to Sandgem's Pokemon Center, then headed up to the Union Room and traded between my DS's: My Piplup and Starly in Pearl for a recently-hatched Snorunt and an Egg in Diamond. I left after that and ran around Sandgem in circles for about ten minutes, until finally the Egg hatched into a Swinub. Yay!

Then, though, I realized I now had two Level ONE Pokemon as my entire team. Luckily, they'd both inherited a few moves from their parents: a fully-grown Glalie, and a custom-bred Swinub I never got to evolve that Mega Horny gave me (THANKS, man. You really saved my ass. ). So, beating down the local Starly, Bidoof, and Shinx wasn't too much trouble, and I was soon at LV3 - high enough to take on the Route 203 Trainers. Bam, bam, bam. All gone.

Right about that time, I reached Jubilife City, where I saw Dawn for a fleeting moment before she bid me farewell. God, this chick's a tease...

Oh, well... I healed my Pokemon at the Jubilife Pokemon Center and, since my battery was running low, I headed to the Trainer's School, delivered a Town Map to Jake, and was rewarded with one of my own. Jake ran off after that, leaving me in the Trainer's School, with two rookie Trainers I could face off against...

Not a bad idea...

Pokemon

Crystal, LV5 Snorunt (F)
    -Double Team
    -Hail
    -Ice Beam
    -Protect
    Short for 'Water Crystal,' in case you're wondering why I broke away from the Mario-themed nicknames. This scrappy little snow cap is gonna be my first Froslass someday.

Pigarithm, LV6 Swinub (M)
    -Tackle
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    A burly little butterball. This physical little bacon bit is gonna be the first Mamoswine AND Piloswine of my Diamond Pokedex.

Coming up next: Getting a Poketch and getting a Badge.

Stay tuned.

~Blade

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: 2007 TPM D/P Monotype Challenge

It's what I do...

UPDATE!

Name: Artie
    Type: Ice
    Reason: It's a play on 'Artic,' the often-used pronunciation (and spelling) of 'Arctic.'
    Rival's Name: Jake
    Reason: Named after our resident pyrokinetic (or pyromaniac, maybe), starjake.
    Badges: 1
    Progress:

Needless to say, I thoroughly pwned the two Trainer School Trainers and received a Hidden Power TM. After that, I left and got the bare-bones work done in Jubilife: I got a Poketch, stocked up at the Pokemon Center and the Poke Mart, and headed east, clearing the path to Oreburgh and through Oreburgh Tunnel, until I reached Oreburgh City. Yayz.

As soon as I got to the city, some random bypasser told me where the Gym was; Jake was out there, trying to light the place on fire. I caught him in the act and he told me it was OK because the Gym Leader wasn't around. I told him to give me an hour to find the guy before he torched the place; he reluctantly agreed.

So, after that, I took my sweet time exploring the city, getting free stuff, and checking out the southern edge of Route 207. That's when I decided to try out my Hidden Power TM. I gave it to Crystal and tested it out... Neutral to everything, ineffective against Starly and Bidoof... OK, Ghost-type Hidden Power.

You're next, Pigarithm. OK... Strong against Geodude... Weak against Starly and Zubat... Neutral against Bidoof... Grass-type Hidden Power?

This was tough... Crystal would get more type coverage, plus STAB after evolving... But Pigarithm's Ground-type resistance coupled with Grass HP would make the Rock Gym a LOT easier...

I decided to wait and I headed to the Oreburgh Mine, where I cleaned house, leveled up, and... Crystal started ignoring my orders. Bitch. No Hidden Power for you!

Anyway, I cleared out the mine and found the transvestite Gym Leader, Roark. I followed her him back to the Gym... which was on fire. DAMMIT, JAKE! IT'S ONLY BEEN 45 MINUTES!

OK, a few Powder Snows and Mud Slap's later, the Gym was out, and I could challenge the Gym Trainers, and then Roark. Hidden Power and Ice Beam against the Ground-types, and Earthquake against Cranidos. Coal Badge for me.

First Badge in-hand, I left Oreburgh and caught a Bidoof, who I taught Rock Smash; I used that to get a Flash TM out of Oreburgh Tunnel. Then I returned to Jubilife and found... Dawn in trouble?!? Being threatened by blue-haired astronauts!?!?

ARTIE SMASH!!!!

One Team Galactic raping later, Dawn was saved and I was... Wait, who the fuck is this fat guy? No, I don't want your stupid gay Fashion Case! No, I- Dawn? DAWN, WAIT! NO, DON'T LEAVE- ARGHH!!!!

PUNCH!

Frustrated and de-libido-ized (and possibly a fugitive for hit-and-running that fat bastard), I went to the TV Station, got a few freebies, and pounded the Hell out of the overleveled Trainer on the first floor. From there, I left, healed at the Pokemon Center, and headed north to Route 204. Next stop: Floaroma Town!

Pokemon

Crystal, LV13 Snorunt (F)
    -Bite
    -Hail
    -Ice Beam
    -Protect
    The resident disobedient fucker. Good thing her moveset sucks ATM...

Pigarithm, LV12 Swinub (M)
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Powder Snow
    -Earthquake
    Versatile and strong, I'm probably gonna be relying a lot on this guy until I get my Forest Badge.

Gnawty, LV4 Bidoof (M)
    -Tackle
    -Rock Smash
    -?????
    -?????
    RM-er #1. Named after a Donkey Kong character instead of a Mario character for a change (That, and because there's no beavers in the Marioverse. -.-')

Coming up next: Beating up Team Galactic, navigating the cliche early-in-game forest, and obtaining the second Badge.

Stay tuned.

~Blade

(Starjake is gonna have my ass for this... XD)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!