Thread: Pokemaster Kevin

Hybrid View

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Pokemaster Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Kevin is TPM's equivalent of God. He made this place, became the head honcho, and then pissed off and now watches us from beyond the mortal realms, laughing at our screw-ups and taking sick pleasure in spying on our most private of activities here and across the Internets.

Somebody should make a Kevin Bible.
    LOL XD

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    He's a mysterious ninja who hides in the shroud of darkness, stealing for a living, hunting down cheese and living on fried pickles.

<3 God.
    No Keven is more likly to stuff his face with Oreios then Cheese and fried pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Even when the forum was younger, when one saw a post from Kevin it was indeed a rare occurrence. It was like finding a shiny Pokémon in GSC, maaan.
    I think I recall talking to him and Joe a few times on AIM

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    He doesn't give a rat's ass about pokemon or any of us, we should consider ourselves lucky that he doesn't just delete the entire forum and let us nerds freak right the fuck out :B
    and he would just be repeating himself then becuse he did that once when he ran out of cash to pay the bills.

Kevin created our own world and community which we have aged with over the past 8 years and 11 months, we rely on TPM to interact with those we have known for years but never have actually met; and the off chance of meeting an old member that was your internet friend five years ago.

TPM is like a refuge and the sun of how this internet-social network communicates. Everyone falls back to this sun if they want to reunite to that part of their world.

But yeah if Kevin were to delete the forum it would be utter chaos.
    True and it was back when he took down the site and the forms athought at the time I was not a member per say but still TPM was like the third web site I ever came across.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

If tpm died, a part of me would as well.

The sheer fact that as long as I have been coming to the internet, tpm has been there and been a home for me, scares me actually. There is like, 8 years of history here.

Do you think he would really delete us? Is he still paying for us?

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post
    If tpm died, a part of me would as well.

The sheer fact that as long as I have been coming to the internet, tpm has been there and been a home for me, scares me actually. There is like, 8 years of history here.
    This.

Also, I hated the switch to ezboard. I remember leaving after we started using that thing. That, and I see the switch to ezboard as the point when TPM died and passed the torch to Serebii.

Bad times.
    Last edited by Dark Scizor; 27th February 2009 at 04:54 AM.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219