Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Charles Legend (Referee: Heald)

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: 2v2: Lune the Guardian vs. Charles Legend (Referee: Heald)

Heald I said Hydro Cannon not Hydro Pump, I guess you did not bother to check a pokedex, In Pokemon XD you can earn one of the Scond gen Starter Pokemon at their lossest evoltion, and that each know the Elmento Hyper Beams, Chikorita knows Frenzy Plant, Cyndaquil knows Blast Burn, and Totodile knows Hydro Cannon. and they are useable in the ASB. -_-;

Snappy recharge then use Ice Beam then Finish it off with Hydro Cannon!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

why wub woo Moderator

CL: Honestly...I had no idea that move existed and I just read it as Hydro Pump. I've never played XD and I was checking a Pokedex that doesn't include the XD moves...I'm really sorry, I just read it as Hydro Pump for some reason because I've never heard of Hydro Cannon. I'm aware XD moves are useable, I just never knew that game invented moves.

Now that I've actually checked, the move probably would have done about 7 more damage than I reffed it as, so if that is okay with both of you, I'll apply the damage at the beginning of the next round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

It's ok Heald I understand, also just keep the damage as it is, seeing as the match is almost over anyways, and I was just pointed out that's all.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

why wub woo Moderator

Okay, thanks for the tip-off though, I'll double check move names next time
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Okay I'm going to be naughty, I apologize in advance Heald might I make a suggestion, recovery moves should take more energy than Roost just did - otherwise this really stupid crap happens. (Take a look at my attacks.) Also what game is XD? I've heard of it but I don't know what it is.

Also Charles it's my turn to attack first, you can change your attacks if you want after I post this.

Roost while he recharges, followed by Substitute if you're still able. Finish the round with Thunder Fang.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Yeah, I figured you might pull something like that...that's why healing moves are usually banned, I just decided to go with what the game literally does but I might have to change both the amount healed and the energy consumed quite drastically in this upcoming reffing. As a forewarning, I will be doing this (say +25HP, -8EP). If you have any objections, I'll take them into account.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

There's really no reason to ban recovery moves, or any moves for that matter, they just need to be associated with the appropriate penalties. For example, using Rest is a terrible idea, you are quite vulnerable for like 9 turns while you just sleep there and you're likely to be killed off. For instant 50% recovery moves, I usually consume something ridiculous like 20% energy per shot (might've been more) while granting 50% health, but then again if a pokémon reaches 0% energy I make them faint instantly, and they don't have any way of regaining energy unless they eat something (standing still just prevents energy from dropping). Since you're doing energy differently, the way that you are suggesting would probably work better; any super effective move would instantly burn through a recovery move. I played so badly this battle that I don't deserve a win. I lost when I used the first Roost. Hell, I lost in the Earthquake round.

In the past I avoided instant 50% recovery moves, Rest, and Double Team not because they were "cheap", but because they were usually not worth it. I'll never use Rest, ever, it's not a good idea. But in my most recent two battles I've tried and failed to use Double Team even though I know better -_- I've only used Recover once and that was because my Alakazam was fighting a Houndoom and I was conserving energy (and caused the Houndoom to waste a lot) and I had to use Recover to win. Energy KO's really discourage 50% recovery moves though. Unless it's a 1 on 1, wasting that much energy means that even if the recoverer wins against the current opponent, it won't be able to do much to the next one.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 17th April 2009 at 10:18 AM.
    ~ Lune ~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I hardly care about winning or losing I mainly battle to have fun even if it means I have to delay my plans for my team.

but yeah this match was fun regardless what the outcome is and it was an honer to battle you Luna. and of course Heald did a fine job of reffing this for us.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sorry, if I knew you wanted to evolve your pokémon I wouldn't even have stalled the match. Thanks for the battle too. I agree, Heald is doing a great job.

Also, do you want to change your attacks? I was supposed to attack first this round.
    ~ Lune ~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lune the Guardian View Post
    Sorry, if I knew you wanted to evolve your pokémon I wouldn't even have stalled the match. Thanks for the battle too. I agree, Heald is doing a great job.

Also, do you want to change your attacks? I was supposed to attack first this round.
    It's no big deal, I decided to wait on evolving my Croconaw and Seadra, Err no I was right it was my turn since you went fist in the last round before this one, besides unlike in the Old ASB I don't care if I lose.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

why wub woo Moderator

Default Re: !!

Lune the Guardian versus Charles Legend

Round 8

Arena
    Ground decimated by earthquakes

Kaze
    Aerodactyl (M)

16HP/44EP
    Feeling the pain

versus

Snappy
    Croconaw (M)
    46HP/56EP
    Winded by the slam
    Speed Greatly Increased, Defence Greatly Decreased

Snappy has no choice but to Recharge after his last attack, whereas Kaze lands onto the battlefield and closes his eyes, rejuvenating himself with Roost (-8)(+25).

Snappy has a glint in his eye, knowing he is going to get a good strike in and suddenly pounds Kaze with a powerful Ice Beam (-6)(-23). Kaze is knocked back severely by this blow, but attempts to use Substitute, however, it fails. He has lost too much health (-6)!

Snappy smiles as Kaze seems to be left open and decides to open fire with a powerful Hydro Cannon (-8)(-40)! This finishes Kaze off and the prehistoric Pokemon falls to the ground, defeated. The referee floats over to determine the Pokemon is, in fact, fainted and concludes the match.

"The winner of this match is Snappy and his trainer, Charles Legend."

Kaze
    Aerodactyl (M)

0HP/30EP
    Fainted!

versus

Snappy
    Croconaw (M)
    46HP/42EP
    Winner!

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thanks for reffing Heald ^^

And thanks for the battle Charles Legend
    ~ Lune ~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Thanks for reffing Heald, and thanks for allowing me to battle you Luna, and maybe we can have a rematch some time...

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sure, though I think I'll hold off on the rematch till I figure out what's wrong with me, if you don't mind
    ~ Lune ~