Thread: ASB News [December 2016]

Threaded View

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Updated 11/16/09

Beloved servants, a good day to you all. Glad you could make it. Please have a seat.

December has been a reflective month, with lots of ideas coming from you, our slaves, and the modsquad who's devine power transforms your ideas into something that we take credit for! We worked on some stuff in our secret hideout and this is the result.

Teasers and new Shit!

Stone(r) - Shop: Yes, we're opening up a Stone Shop on the first of january! Not Thunder, Water or Fire, but original evolution stones. Stones grant the pokemon exposed to their power an evolution; making a difference between a Small Stone and a Large Stone.

Small Stone costs 6 points and can evolve a basic-pokemon into a stage 1 pokemon. Large stones evolve stage 1 pokemon, and cost 8 points. I use Polymarization and fuse my Stone shop with my Egg Center to create: DL's shiny magic place. Real name coming january first!

Egg center: DL's cooking tha eggz, and even more so next year! Next year, more crazy promotions and manipulating diseases will plague the egg-center. 50% more chance on Ice-pokemon in a Hydro-egg in january? More chance on a love-pokemon in Plain-egg on valentinesday? Higher chance on black pokemon during Martin Luther King day? DL's got it all and is ready for you. Starting new year!

Abilities: All the abilities have been finished and are ready for testing. DL will put up the finished version of the list after this Newsletter and this comes with a request. We want each of you guys to try out abilities by using them in ONE of your matches. Then by the end of the year we can gather the opinions of you battlers, you refs, and you watchers out there and get the system complete, before unleashing it on you, for realz!

The abilities will be optional in battle, so not mandatory, for those who still want to battle without them.

Ladder: You all heard a strange alcoholic talk about a ladder-system? No, you're not on drugs, it's true! Our secret hideout has been crowded for the past week plotting this scheme. The system is almost adjusted perfectly and if everything goes well then we can have that ready for next year! More information to come, probably in a seperate topic because that looks cool and important.

Elite 4: We have gymleaders yes. Are they good? Yes. Well, here's an easy system to show other people that you're just as good or even better. You can become one of the Elite 4 of ASB, but you'll have to work for it. Hard. Information on this new battle-fetish will come with the ladder. Watch out for that.

Towers: Me and DL going to do some smashing, some building and some re-construction. Stay clear of construction, you might hurt yourself. Check out new City-Center on newyearsday!

Season-gratitude: Yes, four times a year (every three months), starting in March (after the first three months of the new year) we're going to have a ref and month of the season! Wanna know how to get it? Stay in line or I'll kick your ass.

Safari Zone-changes: Yes sir, we mods can do it all, no doubt about that. Watch us as we pimp up the Safari Zone to fit 2010; ASB's most awesome year ever.

Movelist: The ASB move-list shall be completely finished on the first of january. That way we can get rid of the crummy title-topic

Reffing

I've seen a lot of people in the reffing tower, trying out the mock contest. Rookies and other rankings alike. That's good! Seriously, thanks to you refs this place can remain as active as it is today, and even more in the future. Glad to have you in our community.

To show our thanks to you who do all the work, we've been working on a new reffing-payment-system. Below, you can see the rank and the changes that are going to take place on January 1st.

Rookie
    - Number of battles needed to collect reward: 6
    - Reward: Free pokemon or evolution

Intermediate
    - Number of battles needed to collect: 5
    + Free egg | Safari Zone Trip with Pokéball | 3 points

Advanced (= used to be expierenced)
    - Number of battles needed to collect: 5
    + Safari Zone Trip with Greatball
    + Free egg
    + 4 points
    Master
    - Number of battles needed to collect: 4
    + Safari Zone Trip with Ultraball
    + Free egg and small stone | Large Stone
    + 5 points

Headrefs: yo mama.

==> New mock-battle/contest up soon!

Contests

DL's doing all the contests for now, but don't be discouraged to try reffing them yourself. Not all contest have to be big ones. You can arrange 4-player contests aswell, choose what kind of appeal you want, choose how many pokemon contending, choose how many out at a time; normal, double, super, hyper appeals? everything is possible!

To go along with the Battle-reffing, we got a little extra for you contest-refs.

When you finish 2 Contests you get, aside from the basic 4 points, the choice between a Small Stone and a free egg; or a Large Stone. Finish 3 Contests and get a Ribbon that will allow you entrance into next years Grand Festival (limited spots this time). When you finish 5 contests, you a 10 point jackpot!

Also, don't forget that contests count for a reffing on your reffing-sheet aswell.

Gym Leaders

More gym-matches are finished or on the way. That's good. I already saw that Mike Mysterio is going after gymleaders, one by one. You won't be stopping me there Mike, but you can try the rest! Actually, CEB made a big shiny badges-box where you can add in the badges as you win them. So be cool and start battling those gymleaders.

Moderation

This is the little section where I can praise myself and talk shit about DL, BUT since it's almost Christmas time I'll be nice. RACIST!

New Members

Yeah, I made up this part of the newsletter to make the new members feel more welcome

So, welcome Ayeun, Dark Cookiemaster, Shivaree, Drusillia and Kyuutetsuki! You all get one point for being cool, *ahem* I mean, new; just link to here in the banktopic.

Misc.

~ The Christmas tree is glowing like DL's cheeks. The kindness and generosity is fake and completely politically influenced, but we don't care.
    ~ ASB Banner? Who's up for making that stuff? Seriously, we need a kick-ass banner to show of our community! Aswell as a color! Get in that topic people!
    ~ Hall of fame is going to be updated aswell.
    ~ Sig-moves: we've got a pretty good grip on that idea aswell, but we're saving it for a bit further in the new year.
    ~ Do I hear another Tourney coming up next year? Oh wait, probably misheard that.

I know that's a lot to swallow, but I hope we did you guys a favor by using your ideas. Me and DL are both very excited about the stuff that's going to be brought in action!
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 18th December 2009 at 12:59 PM.