Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KONQUEST Contest!!!

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: KONQUEST Contest!!!

Hang on...

Terra, you're up!
    Time for the great british tradition of rugby on a nice warm day.

Terra, begin with a Double team. I want about 3 clones at the other end of the field.

We'll also need a ball, so I want you to generate a medium sized Swift in your hands.

Then, I want the clones to rush forward in a tackle. Terra, Just keep running with a loud Roar and score the try!
    Back bitches

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Come on Chaos, I know you always wanna be last and all, but get a move on!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Completely forgot about this. Sorry...

I already did cool stuff with light in round 1... so... we're using heat.

You know what's really awesome on a hot day. Cool drinks. So, Shinja. Start off by giving everyone some cups with Telekinesis. Then, shoot out large numbers of bubbles with Bubblebeam. Cool the bubbles down with Icy Wind, and shoot them so that they'll land into peoples cups with Swift.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm making sure you post first next round

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

aww...

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

La!

Round Three is all Sun and games! Two people will be eliminated, leading into the final round!

First up, in no particular order..is...DogFish

Appeal 1: Dogfish and Terrabite

Sticking to the game mentality seen earlier by the folks today, Terrabite trots onto the field waving. Sticking to his position at center field, he splits into a huddle of 7 clones. Impressive. 4 stand opposing to three, and all are partially translucent, aside from the true Terra-thanks to the sunlight.

Terra takes a good few steps back, all clones mirroring this. When a great amount of space is achieved, Terra tucks a ball of light in his hands and barrels forth. The two clones by his side give charge, and the 4 opposing charge in, eager to tackle Terra.

The main Gabite raises his head and Roars as they all come and collide into a massive heap. Of course, Terra seemingly jumps through them all, as they land in a pile, and he runs to the goal all while the crowd cheers!

"Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!"

Appeal 2: MLG and Kamon

For his third appeal, after Terra scuttle off, MLG allows Kamon to take center stage. He backs away as the Magcargo starts forcing the ground to bend and collapse around him. The entombment continues until a sizeable mound of dirt replaces center field. The audience seems slightly disinterested, but someone points out that smoke is coming from this mound of dirt. No way. The smoke builds to a heavier, and thicker volume until a massive explosion rocks the top of this mound off, and fire and lava and all sorts of hot shizzle come spewing out. People stand in shock and awe of the crater volcano that was just unleashed, glad to not have some of it land on them. Kamon slithers out and bows.

Appeal 3: Chaos and Shinja

Kamon done, Shinja and Chaos spin out. The Starmie notes the heat, both from the weather and from Kamon's last appeal. So, looking to the announcers booth, Shinja manages to telekinetically throw a swath of cups to the people in the lower rows of the stadium (for reasonable consideration)

As everyone holds onto the cups, a Bubblebeam is fired from each of Shinja's appendages as he rotates in midair. Bubbles cycle in every direction, and as they fly outward a chilling wind gives them weight. This causes them to fall toward the people. Shinjka changes the firing from bubbles to stars, that do the job of slicing the ice spheres into slush, and that lands in everyones cups. Yay, crushed ice!

Appeal 4: Razor and Monty

People cool off with the ice, and Razor walks out with Monty. With attention partially deviated from him, Monty decides to give them a planetary show. He fires up a single sphere of energy that rockets up, brightly glowing in the added sunshine. The fiery mass catches everyone's attention, as does the slow moving shadowy mass that is slowly about to cross its path. Though still bright out, the shadowy mass heralds with it a chilling feeling that sweeps over the arena. People stare in disbelief.

The haziness sticks around as the Shadowball slowly bobs and creates a corona effect from the Weather Ball behind it. As the paths of the two spheres pass this point, a few flaps allows Monty to usher in the elimination of the Haze, and the return to the light age People cheer the return of the light, and applaud for all the appeals today.

--Results -- TBA

Dogfish: It was nice to see a ol fashioned Rugby match, but that's the thing. It's been done. True, the others have been met with less success, and this one have a usage of different moves, but the outcome was predictable, and that hurt you by a small margin.. 7.9/10

MLG: A volcano in Dallas. Would definitely not be surprised if the natives used it for bar-be-que. Not much I can say about it, it does what volcanoes do. Explode. 8.0/10

Chaos: Extremely different. Innovative. Refreshing to those that received icee's. I wanted one u_u. Good way of reversing the role of sunlight, which was ever so crucial in this round. 8.5/10

Razor: Same goes for you Razor. You didn't mind the brightness, and went for a more haunting effect, which worked out well. A solar eclipse is always awesome to be a part of, and the crowd loved it. Cept that one kid that went blind. 8.6/10

FINAL ROUND!

2 more persons bites it, and its you DF & MLG. Great job making it to the semi finals though :O.

All of you left, time to make your final appeals. You have to make one Standard appeal for each of your Pokemon, and you can choose the weather condition.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 8th April 2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Posted :D

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

This is probably DL's revenge on me for taking so long. Sorry everyone.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Round Three is all Sun and games! Two people will be eliminated, leading into the final round!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    1 more person bites it, and its you DF. Great job making it to the semi finals though :O.
    Inconsistency?

In any case, is it a double appeal (as in, both of our pokemon do 3 moves at the same time), or is it two seperate appeals? In the case of the latter, do we use the same weather for both?

Veteran Trainer

Whoops. I was looking for where I said that yesterday so I didn't know if I imagined it.. Thank you Chaos.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Jesus Chriust it is hard to think up contest shows...I'm going with Prospero again and we'll be using a Hail Storm for our weather condition (if that's ok).

Prospero, fire a Water Pulse into the sky and then strike it dead centre with a Signal Beam so the water bursts everywhere and refracts the colours of the beam, and use Psychic to hold the droplets all up in the air so they look like christmas lights in the falling snow.

...and I'm spent for ideas.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm... odd question. Can we have one of our moves shift the weather? e.g. Start off with Sunny Day and then use Rain Dance?

Veteran Trainer

Never said you couldn't

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Just needed to confirm.

I'll be using Shinja, my Starmie, and the weather will be sunny (to begin with). We're going to start off with Psychic, grabbing bits of stuff and holding it all together to form the shape of an old man. Now, we all know old men are cranky at everything. So, have him wave his stick at the sun, because sunny weather pisses off old men the most. At which point, the weather shall respond! A quick Rain Dance will fix the old man's concerns. But, we all know the weather isn't gonna do that for free. Let the heavens strike him down with a Thunder, to teach him to command the weather.

Veteran Trainer

o.O I need both of them :O. The standard for each Pokemon.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Doh. Separately or as a team effort?

Veteran Trainer

Separately. So you both did one. To be fair, now Chaos does his second one, and then you do your second one, and I'll post the results.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Do they both use the same weather conditions?

Veteran Trainer

no

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

(Currently in the same spot as RL... trying to think of stuff)

OK... This is probably gonna fail, but I'll give it a shot. So, we're using Tippy. Come on out. It's gonna be Foggy, of all things. Just coz I'm special like that. Of course, they can't see you too well. So, sit on something and form a cocoon with your wings straight away, before they can realize what you really are. String Shot and climb up, still staying in your makeshift cocoon, until your nice and high. Then, Flash as you come out of your cocoon. Finally, now that you can spread your wings, Defog the place with them.

Weather: Foggy.
    Moves: String Shot ~ Flash ~ Defog

Note: 5 appeals in one contest is a lot...

Master Trainer

Five appeals is massive, considering I usually bomb out at the beginning. Ho hum, let's see. Monty will perform in the middle of a dark thunderstorm. Black clouds, rolling thunder, flashes of lightning, etc. Might as well go for all the weather types we can.

Monty start spinning with a Gyro Ball to whip up some clouds and attract bolts lightning to you. As you spin, gradually light your body up with Flash until you are literally glowing, then channel all that light, motion and electricity into one big fanning out Hyper Beam.

And now I'm über spent.

Veteran Trainer

Heh, think of the ref now XD This is torture, writing these up XD. Next Contest will be a breeze now.

La!

Final Round. It will be a procession of Appeals, each happening in the order that they were posted. Let us begin!

Final Gauntlet: RL--Chaos x 2--RL

Razor steps up first, having commanded the first and last spots. He points to his Prospero, who waves quietly to the crowd. The weather starts to chill, and people throw on scarves and hoodies to deal with the incoming Hailstorm. As the ice chunks plink off the roofing made for the crowd, Prospero gets to work, blasting water into the sky. The circular pulses speed skyward, and reach their apex at a nominal height. A twisting beam of energy reaches the rings and manages to rupture their edges, since Water Pulse rings are hollow on the inside. They still create the desired effect, exploding into a billow of droplets. Prospero sighs and releases a Psychic with little effort, and the crowd stares. As the Hail falls, they see a rhythm of reds, blues and purples all twinkling in the sky slowly. Prospero takes his own as the droplets reach the ground, like some procession of connected lights.

As he backs away, Chaos quickly runs on the field and points to his Pokemon to the eastern side of the field. The people turn their heads to view Shinja ready to start off. The weather resets to sunny for the moment, and Shinja uses the hail pieces from the last appeal to create a old man, held together with its Psychic powers. The ice man glares up at the sunny sky, and waves his ice cane, rueing the sun's heat. Just then, the clouds roll in, and the first drops of true water begin to fall. The iceman's cane falls in glee, and it turns to the crowd, icelegs wobbling a bit for effed. Just then, as the rain starts to build, there is a roar, and the Iceman looks back up-before being blown to bits by a critically aimed Thunder. Ice flies everywhere, and everyone sits there, stunned.

--The Hold Applause sign flashes again--

Chaos then points to the northern end of the field, where his second Pokemon Tippy waits. People look away from the icecarcass and stare at this appeal. The rain starts to lose mass and consistency, becoming a thick Fog instead. The crowd barely makes out something in the fog, Something sitting on the goalposts, cylindrical in shape. A thin line fires up and the crowd watched this cylindrical shape start to rise on its own. Most people think its a ghost, since they can't see the thin line being used. When the top of the left goalpost is reached, bright Flash is released, to the surprise of the audience. The fog dampens the harshness of it, but they watch as something reveals its wings, which then begin to beat, and blow away the Fog. The crowd welcomes that, and spies the (Venomoth) for what she really is now.

Chaos dashes out again, and Bows, before Razor runs out one last time, and points to the last area on the field, where dark clouds are rumbling due to the Fog picking up speed and consistency again. In no time, its a massive Thunderstorm, complete with glowing clouds and actual lightning strikes on the field! Razor dives for cover as a bolt gets too close, but Monty seems ok with it.

In fact Monty starts spinning crazy fast. The Pokemon attains a grayish steel hue and raises it above his spinning head. The metal conduit slightly elongates, and it acts as an lightning rod, with bolts firing right at it. Clouds start to funnel down toward it, giving the threat of a tornado, and it only gets worse as the spinning top begins to radiate light in pulses. They grow in intensity, almost as if he was evolving! At full brilliance, with the lightning strikes only feeding this strange appeal, the Gyroball is fired up, but it's no longer a Gyro Ball, but a full fledged Hyper Beam! The clouds are parted-the storm blasted wide open as the Beam shoots high in the sky. The lightning bolts radiate laterally, acting as the fallback energy for this burst.

Once the Beam finishes, and everyone stops staring up, raucous applause is heard the the final two. It doesn't end for some time as roses are thrown down to them both.

--Results --

First I will say 5 appeals is dredging the barrel of excellence-and I'm glad you two pulled through with some actually very exciting appeals. I'd hate to say one was better than the other, but we'll let the points show who did what.

Chaos:

Your first appeal, was a bit of a shock value appeal. The concept of someone being hit by lightning and exploding is just, very visceral. A raw force of nature should not even be commanded by the likes of man. That being said, it was a fresh way to use both Sun and rain, which is nice in a weather centric contest. 9.3/10

Your second Appeal however was a but more lackluster. Defogging an area after rising up didn't seem much like the forthcoming avatar I think you were going for. You established the mood with what you were given, and while you didn't have any hitches, you didn't really move me too much aside from the intrigue favor at the very beginning. 8.1/10

Total: 17.4/20

Razor:

You started off with Hail, a risky bit, but you managed to salvage the initial mistake of the Signal Beam's aim. That ended terrifically with the procession of lights to tie in with the bow. It made a nice welcome mat for the other appeals, as Shinja used the Hail quite effectively as well. Who thought helping your competition would help you in the long run. 8.8/1.0

..and then you close out with weather commands and a Flashy bang and spinning and Tornadoes and thunderstorms! Ok Thor! Quite lavish for three moves, you constructed a Death Star type beam. High note endings are what the crowd always look for, and that was a high note and weather mashup to write home about, especially with the buildup. 9.4/10

Total: 18.2/20

The points don't lie. Razor sweeps up this contest folks, and Chaos gets second Place.
    Since this contest had more appeals that normal, the points will be upped accordingly.
    Razor gets 6 Points, and a Ribbon
    Chaos gets 4 points
    I get 6 points.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 30th April 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

...Oh fuck, this needs a Ribbon?

I'll be busy until tonight. Give me some time and I'll be back with it.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Holy crap I won!? Sweet beans! High fives to Montgolfiere and Prospero for an awesome job. Pointpointspoints.. shouldn't buy anything, but I feel I should in celebration. Woooo....

Blade, take your time with the ribbon, I don't expect you to rush it.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Congrats to RL.

And thanks to DL for awesome reffings. But it's your own fault you had to ref 5 rounds of appeals, not ours.

Veteran Trainer

OK, RaZoR LeAf, in recognition of your victory, I bestow upon you the Conquistador's Ribbon.

May you and your Pokemon wear it with pride.

EDIT: Print Screen of TPM, Color Select tool the gray background, fill the Ribbon's background with said TPM-grey, upload it to Photobucket; it's suddenly black. Sigh.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 30th April 2011 at 08:12 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Thanks Blade, I'll add it to my VS Seeker now.