Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The ASB Safari Zone

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The ASB Safari Zone! NOW OPEN!

*sighs* I'll have Talut (dragonite) Wrap up the lotad. Then I'll have Horatio Thief the great ball back. Lastly, once we have the great ball back, I'll have Talut use supersonic on the lotad before tossing it away from us.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Safari Zone Quest: Elec Man EXEP
    Part 2

The Nidorino stops for a moment, pawing into the ground a love heart. Celeste the Hypno calmly walks over, muttering in a friendly manner. They converse for a few moments, but it seems that Nidorino has been angered by the talk. As Celeste goes for a handshake, Nidorino deals a swift blow to the Pokemon and knocks it back.

Time to make this personal. Type-advantage personal.

Battle!

Celeste - [F]

100% HP - 100% Energy
    Psychic -- Hypnosis -- Dream Eater/Shadow Ball

VS

Nidorino - [M]

100% HP - 100% Energy
    Looking angered.

Celeste concentrated hard and subsequently blasted a strong psychic attack forward. The Nidorino was struck hard, causing him to topple back in disarray. He managed to get back up and charged, jousting at Celeste with his sharp horn. The jabs were in from all angles, the poison type leaping and diving at every oppertunity. Celeste tried to hypnotise Nidorino, who continued his assault, but due to his head being docked his eyes did not been the hypnotic gaze. Hypno looked slightly irritated. Nidorino leapt back powerfully, thus Celeste fired the shadow ball to strike the Pokemon. Undeterred, Nidorino used a take down attack, ploughing into Celeste.

Celeste - [F]

88% HP - 82% Energy

VS

Nidorino - [M]

85% HP - 78% Energy
    Looking angered.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ooh, we got ourselves a fierce one. Alrighty then Celeste, lets show it a thing or two. Start with Flash to disrupt it's vision, followed by Calm Mind to ready yourself. Then give it another Psychic, beam form.

Flash ~ Calm Mind ~ Psychic

Tsunami, join in as well. Look away while Celeste uses Flash, and after that I want you to spread a Stun Spore over our fiesty friend. Do avoid hitting Celeste with the powder, though. And finally, combine a Psybeam with Celeste's Psychic attack. But keep an eye out for any of the surrounding pokemon... if they look like they're getting aggrivated and might attack, then use Sweet Scent to calm 'em down.

Look Away ~ Stun Spore ~ Psybeam
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Safari Zone Quest: Elec Man EXE

Celeste - [F]

88% HP - 82% Energy
    Flash -- Calm Mind -- Psychic

Tsunami - [M]

100% HP - 100% Energy
    Look Away -- Stun Spore -- Psybeam
    *Sweet Scent*

VS

Nidorino - [M]

85% HP - 78% Energy
    Looking angered.

You sent out Masquerain to help deal with the angry Nidorino. As Masquerain shielded his eyes Hypno unleashed a blinding flash; Nidorino gave a loud cry as he screwed his eyes shut, staggering back with disillusion. At that point, he stamped his feet hard. A Nidorina soon emerged on the battlefield to assist her.........friend.

+ Nidorina [F]

100% HP -- 100% Energy
    Standing by her man

Recalling his order, Masquerain flapped and wafted a gentle, powerful scent across the arena. Nidorina, however, had heard the pain in her partners cry and was merely angered further by the scent she could smell. Nidorino stood there, dazed, as Hypno calmed himself down and powered up his psychic abilities. Nidorina leapt at Hypno and crunched down on her fist, ripping the flesh hard and growling. Nidorino did not attack, wincing soppily. Masquerain, keeping his orders, blasted a psybeam and struck Nidorino hard; Nidorina retalliated with a powerful sludge bomb as Celeste struck Nidorino further with a psychic attack.

Celeste - [F]

80% HP - 69% Energy
    +Psychic abilities

Tsunami - [M]

93% HP - 90% Energy
    Fine

VS

Nidorino - [M]

69% HP - 78% Energy
    Blinded

Nidorina [F]

100% HP -- 91% Energy
    Bloodthirsty

What will you do? Battle, Catch or Run?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Alright, somethings wierd. Posted my reply, came back to the page, and no reply. Hopefully it doesn't show up later and end up double-posted...

Well, I guess the odds are even now. Alrighty team, here's what we're going to do.

Tsunami, turn your attention to Nidorina. Try and use a Whirlwind to blow her away... she's not too heavy, so its worth a shot. If it works, turn back to Nidorino and use a Stun Spore, then chill and keep a lookout in case that Nidorina comes back. If she does come back after SS, then use Scary Face to try and fend her off. If blowing her away doesn't work, disable her vision with Mud Shot, then use Stun Spore on Nidorino.

Whirlwind <NA> ~ Stun Spore <NO> / Mud Shot <NA> ~ Lookout - Scary Face <NA> / Stun Spore <NO>

Celeste, you keep at Nidorino. Start off with Confusion. Then, depending on what Tsunami does, I want you to use Psychic and hit with Thunderpunch. Use Psychic on the turn that Tsunami fires his Stun Spore (hold him in place and crush him), and Thunderpunch the other turn.

Confusion <NO> ~ Psychic <NO> / Thunderpunch <NO> ~ Thunderpunch <NO> / Psychic <NO>

(BTW, NA = Nidorina, NO = Nidorino)
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 4

Celeste - [F]

80% HP - 69% Energy
    +Psychic abilities
    Confusion <NO> ~ Psychic <NO> / Thunderpunch <NO> ~ Thunderpunch <NO> / Psychic <NO>

Tsunami - [M]

93% HP - 90% Energy
    Whirlwind <NA> ~ Stun Spore <NO> / Mud Shot <NA> ~ Lookout - Scary Face <NA> / Stun Spore <NO>

VS

Nidorino - [M]

69% HP - 78% Energy
    Blinded

Nidorina [F]

100% HP -- 91% Energy
    Bloodthirsty

The Nidorino's vision was improving and he began his next assault. He leapt up high, jabbing Masquerain with a 'peck attack'. Tsunami took the attack well and flapped his wings furiously, trying to rid the area of Nidorina. Pushed back, Nidorina was unable to execute her own attack, and was driven away from the main action of the match. Nidorino watched his partner as he was struck with a strong psychic blast.

Nidorina looked distraught as she saw her loved one become struck by a paralyzing spore cloud. He gave a long groan as his muscles screamed and seized up while Hypno blasted a psychic vault of energy into the Pokemon. Tsunami then fluttered ahead and kept an eye out for the Nidorina, who was somehow defeated morally. Nidorino received an electrifying shock and winced in pain.

Suddenly, once the round had finished, Nidorina ambled over to you. She had a sorrowful look in her eyes, and began speaking in Pokemon. Your Hypno understood and explained that she wants you to leave her boyfriend alone. If she joined your team, would you let Nidorino go?

What will you do?

Celeste - [F]

80% HP - 55% Energy
    +Psychic abilities

Tsunami - [M]

88% HP - 80% Energy

VS

Nidorino - [M]

48% HP - 70% Energy (Paralyzed)
    Weak

Nidorina [F]

100% HP -- 85% Energy
    Upset and brave.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Ok.

>> Been thinkin' about it. Not really gonna spend my points on anything else...so heck, why not. Hopefully my battle'll finish and I'll have one point to my name.

I'll be using Wyndryde (F), my Absol, and uuhhh
    also...Change (M) my Tyrogue

Lemme get a set of Great Ball and Poke Ball... n_n. That should break me, but I'm not leaving here until I have two new Pokemon. ¬¬

Oh: Grave's Yard is my first choice. I need to start fleshing out my team here.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 11th March 2007 at 12:18 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll take DL's quest since....I'm online, and the Safari Zone runs on efficient refs not necessarily giving everyone an even chance to do it.

Safari Zone Quest: DarkestLight
    Part 1

After purchasing a Great Ball and a Poke Ball, you head out to Graves Yard with your accomplished referee. With Absol and Tyrogue by your side you feel confident at facing the spooky demons within the barren graveyard far out of the other reigons of the Safari Zone.

As you walk you hear a doleful caw. A group of three Murkrow flap across the moonlit sky before diving, turning and landing on the ground ahead. They seem to be drawing some sort of map in the soft earth with their clawed feet. Behind you, a Shuppet floated around lazily.

The three Murkrow, after analysing their map, began to wander off through the almost misted moors in a little hop-like walk, in a single file, cawing their name. However as you go to inspect the map, you see that there is a Banette that has wiped the drawing off. The Banette is chuckling as a Gastly hovers around you.

What will you do? Battle any of the Pokemon (Murkrow, Banette, Shuppet, Gastly), keep searching for others or follow the Murkrow trio?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer

Ooh, a barrage of ghosts *_* And they're all so great! Alas, I must not. We must keep walking. Follow those Murkrow

Wynd and Change, just keep yourselves relaxed.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Warlock for Life-Mediev Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Gurrr @ Chris...lol I just have bad timing.
    Boo Yah!

Riken | Oryx | Njord | Wraith | Blysse | Zoso
    Kabuki | Poe | Faul | Cruz | Haku | Surtr
    Trilless | Maladroit | Argonaut | Eowen | Gaia | Chocobo
    Penelo | Thor | Nereus
    Sylar | Mercutio

Thanks River, you RaWk with a passion...Word.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Verm: if its any consolation I'm just keeping this place running smoothly. And I'm not going to bother reaping points from this since this is like...my job.

Part 2

You can see, amid the increasing fog, the soft tails of the Murkrow as they trot along the wasteland. Absol and Tyrogue are by your side, keeping you alert and giving you support as you wander into the unknown.

Feeling an incline in the walk, you proceed with some caution as the fog gets thicker and thicker. The Murkrow caw on as you walk. Soon all you can rely on is the bushy tail barely visible up ahead.

After some extensive walking you feel a soft breeze, which soon becomes a strong gust that siphons the fog away. Looking around, you see the three Murkrow laughing as they flap the mist away to reveal you standing on a high plateu overlooking the entire graveyard. A few graves are dotted around. A Mightyena is tearing the flesh from what looks like a young Mankey's corpse; the Mightyena watches you.

It seems to be guarding something. While there is not a cave present, two large, rocky spires jutting either side of the Mightyena and its....meal suggest that beyond here is a special place. Mightyena bears its jaws and growls. Blood drips from it.

What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Well, thats ironic. Ask one lonely pokemon to join and get refused, then another offers out of the blue.

Gah... dilema of dilemas! The good person in me wants to just leave them both alone. But the trainer in me wants a new pokemon. Curse you, morals! Why must you plague me with your... moral-ness.

Alright, lets accept her offer. I still feel bad, but I'll feel bad either way other than just walking away completely, and I'm not doing that. Celeste, tell her its a deal, and then I'll use my Great Ball on Nidorina.

From there, I'll have Celeste Teleport us to another part of the area (still in Crush Quarry, just away from the possibly angry Nidorino). Then I'll have Tsunami keep a look out and explore the area a bit while Celeste uses Rest to recover some of her HP and energy. Once that's done, we'll continue exploring.
    Master of Electricity

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wolfsong:
    (I assume you mean Lombre, by Lotad)
    Angrily, you command your Dragonite to stop the Lombre in its tracks, and the menacing dragon complies, snatching the green Pokemon up in the coils of its hefty tail. As the Lombre tries to struggle free, Growlithe leaps up and snatches your great ball back from him. Pleased with your sucess, you tell Dragonite to confuse the pesky creature with a supersonic, and then get rid of it. Yet again, Talut complies, screeching into the Lombre's ear, and batting the defeated Pokemon off into the distance with a swing of its tail. Sighing in relief, you continue your quest.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 2 very great balls

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    88% Energy,
    Smirking.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    88% Health
    95% Energy
    Energetic.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

*headdesk* Yeah, that's what i meant. Anyways, I'll continue onwards.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 5

You decide to take Nidorina's offer. She watches you tearfully. Nidorino, her beau, lies weakened in your wake. You arch your arm and hurl the Great Ball and manage to capture the Nidorina with no particular hassle.

+New Pokemon added!
    Nidorina [F]

Nidorina has been sent to the lobby for you to collect when you leave the Safari Zone.

With Celeste teleporting you to a different area of the Safari Zone, you have Tsunami scout the area as Hypno recovers HP in her Pokeball. As you wander on, you see an Aron in the distance. There is also a Makuhita furiously shattering rocks. However the Makuhita accordentally hits a Geodude and the two soon engage in combat.

In the skies a Skarmory flies by as you see a playful Cacnea eating berries off its needles. What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Gone? I’m not gone! Really!

TBA

As enticing as the wide array of Dark- and Ghost-types might be, the only one that really catches your attention is the male Duskull just over the hill. He’s looking at you rather haughtily; you wonder if he’s so conceited that your plan won’t work. Still, it’s worth a try… you slowly climb the hill towards the three Pokémon, taking your time and smiling at them to set them at ease. The Haunter continues to look curious and the Houndour snarls at you before dashing behind a rock. Still smiling disarmingly, you turn to the Duskull and, very politely, ask him if he’d like to come with you. The one-eyed ghost scratches his chin and looks down at you, as if considering your offer. He pauses… he nods to himself a little bit… it looks like he’s about to agree… and then—a flash of blue flame curls around his hand and he flings the spectral flame right at your feet! You, Numeron and Mr. Fahrenheit jump back in shock, Numeron nearly toppling over and rolling down the hill in his haste to avoid another burn. You’re about to tell Mr. Fahrenheit to attack the insolent ghost when you look up again and see that he’s laughing. The Duskull floats over to your side, pats you on the back—you shiver as the icy-cold ectoplasm touches you—and seems to be assuring you that it was only a harmless little joke. You sigh a little bit, wondering whether or not he’ll be any sort of trouble in the future, but you toss out the Pokéball all the same and the Duskull doesn’t object. One shake, two shakes, three… the ball settles down and you pick it up, pleased. You’ve successfully caught another Pokémon. The ball is transported back to the gate and you, Mr. Fahrenheit and Numeron turn to head out and collect your new Haunter and Duskull.

End of Safari!

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health; 100% Energy; pleased

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health; 66% Energy; glad to be leaving

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Haunter- 24% Health; 83% Energy; bewildered and in pain

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Duskull- 100% Health; 96% Energy; feeling mischievous

*~*~*

Go ahead and proceed to the Approval Tower, TBA. Be sure to come back for more happy hunting!
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 12th March 2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Just to say this: W00T! 500th post!

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Advanced Trainer

Ack, you've gotta be kidding me. You're actually going to make me choose between the two pokemon I had in mind when I came here?

Anyway... I'll stand away at a comfortable distance and watch the battle between the Makuhita and Geodude play out while I try to decide. With any luck, I won't even have to fight them at all. Tsunami will keep watch and make sure nothing sneaks up on us, and fend off any would-be attackers with Scary Face.
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 6

The Makuhita might have the advantage but it seems the Geodude can fight back, too. Makuhita is tired after the work-out and the Geodude, angered, gives the Pokemon a hardy slap and hops off into the distance.

Makuhita stands there, gasping.

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

67% HP | 42% Energy

What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Chris: Sorry for the wait. ^^;

Callomuso
    HP: 88% | EN: 81% | Status: Okay
    Attacks: Bullet Seed ~ Constrict ~ Dive

Feebas
    HP: 61% | EN: 82% | Status: Okay
    Attacks: ?

Callomuso begins by firing yet another Bullet Seed. The attack once again pummels Feebas, but the fish has a smirk on its face: its skin glimmers momentarily, and a similar maelstrom hits Callomuso, the Mirror Coat a complete success.
    Callomuso frowns and coils his tentacles around Feebas. Feebas yelps and squirms, but is unable to get free. Instead, it releases a thick Haze, but being underwater, it doesn't work that well.
    Finally, Callomuso dives down even further with the Feebas in his grip. Feebas responds by looking straight at Callomuso and sending hypnotic beams at the Octillery. It works and Callomuso falls fast asleep.

Callomuso
    HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep

Feebas
    HP: 50% | EN: 82% | Status: Held
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer

Decision made for me, excellent. I'd have spent all night deciding :p

Alrighty then Tsunami. The opponents weakened, but keep you're wits about you. Lead off the battle with Psybeam. Then go ahead and spread a Stun Spore. And finally, a powerful Ice Beam.

Psybeam ~ Stun Spore ~ Ice Beam
    Master of Electricity

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Question: Do refs get points for every "Safari" post, or just posts that involve battles?

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer

Oooh Mystery. Is the Mightyena a Female? That REALLY matters to me. We need to find out.

As dumb as this sounds, I would like Change to just keep alert so no tricky Murkrow come around and try to harm us-while Wynd tries to calmly Attract the Mightyena. Make sure you let it know we just wanna explore that little place up there....

If it turns out to be a male APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATLY!

Still dun see the girl I'm looking for...but maybe she's farther inward...

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Phoenixsong: EVERY Safari Post, not just battle ones. Every 5 'rounds' of the Safari Quest earns you 2 points.

TBA: Hmm I think I'll send Kappaduck the Golduck to help out and recall Octillery to help ease his sleep. Kappa hit Feebas with a brick break, then use confusion and end with hypnosis.

Part 7

Your Pokemon:
    Tsunami [M]

88% HP | 80% Energy
    Psybeam -- Stun Spore -- Ice Beam

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

67% HP | 42% Energy

Tsunami flapped his wings and from his eye-pattern he blasted a swirling beam of psyionic energy. It smashed into Makuhita and bowled him back; angered, he inhaled and blasted off a swirling gust of wind that blew Masquerain back. Struggling and fighting the gust, Masquerain scattered a fine, sticky powder all over the Makuhita, who, when taking a deep gulp of air managed to inhale the powder and spluttered loudly. He stepped back, flames curling into his fist and he leapt up, smashing right into Masquerain with his flaming fist, dealing good damage.

Tsunami, not finished, cooled the foe off by blasting a frosted beam of glassy ice, striking Makuhita in the chest. His paralysis got the better of him as he struggled to fight off the pain.

Your Pokemon:
    Tsunami [M]

82% HP | 66% Energy

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

53% HP | 34% Energy
    Paralysed

What will you do?

Part 3

Tyrogue stands just behind. His arms are folded and he watches around keenly, suspiciously. Absol slowly prowls towards Mightyena, emitting a soft, submissive growl as her paws find their way one before the other. Mightyena watches curiously, dropping the fleshy body. Absol turns to you signalling that her attempt has worked.

But she was wrong. Mightyena leaps forward and sinks his jaws into Absol, ripping her arm and headbutting her back. He growls ferociously before the little pathway, barking and scaring Absol.

Your Pokemon:
    Absol [F]

89% HP | 90% Energy
    Bleeding heavily on right paw; flesh is bare

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Mightyena [F]

100% HP | 100% Energy
    Angry

What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer

Dang. Wynd. Let's get dangerous.

Since this girl likes aggressive guys, Taunt her with that carcass she has. She won't be happy about that. When she gets close, avoid her and next use a Thunder Wave on her. End with a close range Flamethrower...

Taunt--Thunder Wave--Flamethrower

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Alright Tsunami, time for an all out assault, lets weaken this thing down and get it captured. Start with a Hydro Pump, then swoop in with Aerial Ace. And finally, further soak him with a Water Pulse.

Hydro Pump ~ Aerial Ace ~ Water Pulse
    Master of Electricity

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 8

Your Pokemon:
    Tsunami [M]

82% HP | 66% Energy
    Hydro Pump ~ Aerial Ace ~ Water Pulse

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

53% HP | 34% Energy
    Paralysed

Makuhita managed to get in first; using a faint attack he swept around the arena as Masquerain blasted off a hydro pump. Makuhita leapt up and slammed Tsunami for good damage.

Not bothered in the slightest, the water moth tore through the arena at a blinding speed, delivering a slicing blow to the Makuhita and getting a super-effective hit. The sumo Pokemon used arm thrust to slam his arm into the foe, but paralysis kicked in and he was motionless.

Finally, Tsunami fired off a supersonic blast of water that smashed right into Makuhita and knocked him right over. Makuhita retalliated with a crackling thunderpunch that socked Masquerain and gave him a brief shock.

Your Pokemon:
    Tsunami [M]

71% HP | 47% Energy

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

37% HP | 20% Energy
    Paralysed

Makuhita is weak. What will you do?

Part 4

Your Pokemon:
    Absol [F]

89% HP | 90% Energy
    Bleeding heavily on right paw; flesh is bare

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Mightyena [F]

100% HP | 100% Energy
    Angry

Absol began barking harsh taunts at Mightyena, who was growling ferociously. Mightyena took the bait and charged, leaping up and swinging a shimmering tail down into Absol, who was smashed right in the face by the iron tail. Mightyena showed no signs of backing down, chomping hard with poison fang and injecting a powerful toxic substance into Absol's bloodstream.

Absol crackled with electricity and blasted a web of lightening that smashed into Mightyena. Struggling to move, Mightyena let out a loud roar. Absol ignored it, blasting a barrel of flames at the wolf-like Pokemon.

Your Pokemon:
    Absol [F]

73% HP | 77% Energy
    Poisoned

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Mightyena [F]

93% HP | 84% Energy
    Paralysed
    Hurt

After feeling the attack Mightyena gave a weak sigh, settling down on the ground just by the little opening behind her, leaving the way clear for you to head on further during your journey.

What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Great job Tsunami, we've just about got it. Lets weaken it a bit more with another Hydro Pump, and then I'll use my remaining Pokeball on it. Well done.

Hydro Pump ~ Throw Pokeball
    Master of Electricity

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll be buying an Ultraball and a Great ball (-7). I'll be taking a peek at Feizhi Outpost and my mates for today'll be Set, the male Beedrill and Persephone the female Misdreavus.

I wonder..

Elite Trainer

Re: The ASB Safari Zone! NOW OPEN!

MLG

You get off your jeep, waving goodbye to the fat bearded man who had driven you up to the outskirts of the dense jungle. Having dealt with Sotek, you're more than prepared for a creature-infested forest. You enter, Beedrill leading the way, Misdreavus furtively fluttering behind. A pinsir instantly runs across your path, heading east into the underbrush. There are also several Beedrill buzzing around a nest, and a Nuzleaf is picking some sort of disgusting fruit from a nearby tree. You hear the sound of flapping wings up above, but the foliage is too dense to see anything. You could climb a tree, or get one of your Pokemon to investigate.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    Flitting About

Persephone (F) Misdreavus
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    Cautious

*~*~*

What will you do?

Master Trainer

I'll climb the tree, thank you.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 9

Your Pokemon:
    Tsunami [M]

71% HP | 47% Energy
    Hydro Pump -- Throw Ball

VS

Wild Pokemon:
    Makuhita [M]

37% HP | 20% Energy
    Paralysed

Makuhita's paralysis was painful; the weaker he got, the more he staggered and groaned as electric volts zapped his insides. Tsunami flapped back and unleashed a cannon of splashing water that struck Makuhita for good damage. He stumbled to the ground as you hurl a Pokeball. In a red flash the Makuhita was sucked in and wobbled slightly, before the Pokeball pinged successfully.

New Pokemon Added!
    Makuhita [M]

The ball flashed and dissapeared. A little beeper filled the air and the Warden came along in a little jeep. Your Safari Quest over (for now) you clambered inside and were whisked off back to the Lobby.

There, you were given Nidorina [F] and Makuhita [M], your two new Pokemon from the Safari Zone! Please remember to get them both approved from The ASB Approval Tower before you use them for battles.

Thank you for partaking in The Safari Zone!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

MLG

You struggle up the slippery tree branches, pushing vines out of your way. Beedrill follows behind, ready to catch you if you were to fall. And seeing as his hands are sharp needles, you grab the tree just a little tighter. You gasp in fear, as one 'vine; you were pushing away turns out to be an ekans, and the slimy creature slithers down the tree. Misdreavus watches it intently, while you continue on up. You notice a Cascoon hanging from a tree branch. Finally, you struggle your head through the thick canopy. You are rewarded by the beautiful sight of countless treetops, a blue sky, mountains in the distance and a tall grey tower, about half a mile away. You can see many flying Pokemon over the treetops, but most are far away. One Venomoth is very nearby, and is likely what you heard earlier. The only other nearby Pokemon you see is a Scyther flying about, a treeko jumping from branch to branch, and a Gloom struggling to hold onto a tree branch that looks like it's about to break.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    Flitting About

100% Health
    100% Energy
    Watching Ekans

*~*~*

What will you do?

Veteran Trainer

Hrm. Wynd, yer hurt pretty bad. So is she. We're gonna continue on, but go over and ask her if she'd like to join us. If not, we'll be on our way.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 5

You ask the defeated Mightyena to join your team but she snubs the offer, lying there defeated and resting from the battle. It is evident that she was not willing to fight too hard; you press on.

Through the desserted path you walk, seeing a Misdreavus wander along. You can also see a Houndour digging a hole in the ground, but as your eyes meet his he gives an intimidating growl.

You find yourself in a small, cove-like area elevated above Grave's Yard. As you look down upon the spooky graveyard you can see a pair of Nuzleaf leaping from rock to rock. A Pupitar also sits there calmly as you see something etched onto the ground. An X.

What will you do?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Veteran Trainer

o.O! AAAH!! Pupitar?!?!!! If they're here, then one's GOT to be here! Let's go make some friends.

Change, go up and ask the Pupitar if there are any Tyranitars roaming about. If not, then ask if it would like to join us as we walk around. Wynd, you rest up. We'll be getting you help soon for that icky poison.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Part 6

You see the doleful Pupitar and Tyrogue goes to talk to it in Pokemon. They converse for a while, but the Pupitar admits that there aren't any Tyranitar around here. It goes on to explain that while the evolution from Pupitar to Tyranitar is difficult in the wild, their appearence is further dwindled by the Ghost Pokemon in the area. Asking if there may be Tyranitar in other areas of the Safari Zone, Pupitar is unsure.

Disheartened but not defeated, you ask Pupitar if it will join your team. Pupitar looks, in an odd way, slightly emotional. The stiff little shell nods, leaning forward and rolling over to show you a horrible scar on its back - the result of a nasty attack from a Gengar in the area. Pupitar tells Tyrogue that it just sits here, out of the ghost Pokemons way, and would gladly join your team.

You grab your Great Ball and hurl it at the Pupitar. Willingly Pupitar is absorbed by the red light and collected into the blue-and-red ball, before the ball drops to the floor and pings to indicate a sucessful capture.

+New Pokemon Added!
    Pupitar [M]

Pupitar's Pokeball flashes white and is transported to the lobby of the Safari Zone. You look around the rather quiet plateu of Grave's Yard. A Haunter slowly floats around and you see a pack of three Houndour being led across the Yard by their leader, a Houndoom. You can see the dark X etched into the earth, but the earth is hard and tough, and you cannot penetrate it yourself.

A sign up ahead reads 'This way to Trolgar Mountain".

What will you do? Stay here, investigate the X, head to a different location or pursue one of the wild Pokemon? Remember you are at the secret plateu Mightyena was guarding; if you wish to go back down from where the Murkrow led you, please say so.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

I'll go back down and investigate some more, I want myself an awesome pokemon, although Venomoth looks promosing..No, I'll come down and have a good look around. Beedrill, stay in the air and scout the place.

Elite Trainer

Wolfsong
    You press onwards. As you continue down the beach, you notice a Poliwag splashing about along the shore, and a Chinchou staring up at you from the water's edge. As you look at it, a dark shape zips by, and descends into the murky depths. Otherwise, there are a few Marill and Azumarilly waddling about.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 2 very great balls

Talut (M) Dragonite
    100% Health
    88% Energy,
    Same.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
    88% Health
    95% Energy
    Energetic.

Elite Trainer

MLG

You jump down, disappointed, landing in the leaves below with a soft 'plop.' Suddenly, you see your Misdreavus floating towards you, looking distraught. An Arbok is chasing it, snapping its jaws just out of reach of the ghost Pokemon. Meanwhile, you hear pinging sounds above -- something is going wrong with your Beedrill. You also notice a Vileplume sleeping nearby, but ignore it, as you generally dislike the Vileplume family.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
    100% Health
    100% Energy
    (Any decreases in health or energy is currently unknown to you)

88% Health
    91% Energy
    Running from t3h 'Bok.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Veteran Trainer

Oh Score! I'll take good care of that poor lil guy ;_; Mean ol Gengar's.

Ok. Houndoom...Sexy, but not right now. We can't have that one attack us. Too many.

Change, X marks the spot. Focus Punch the ground. Wynd, if yer up to it, dig up the ground a little, otherwise, rest buddy.

{In other words, let this ADVENTURE continue!!}

Entertaining quotes!