Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MLG vs. BTPoke [Ref: DL]

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: MLG vs. BTPoke [Ref: DL]

Woops, now that I look back at it, I was thinking about Bonemerang.

Fake Out. Skill Swap. Then Nasty Plot.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

lol, I was thinking of that too, that's why I was going to use hydro pump to "shoot it back at 'em", but then I realized what bone club was, so I just said "to hopefully stop it".

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeap.

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

DQ: 7 days
    Banned moves: None
    Number of pokemon: 3

Arena: SPAAAAAAAAAACE!
    The arena is set in a dome in a space station! The power in this dome is a little out-of-sorts, so any electric type moves have a 40% chance to increase the gravity for 2 turns, 40% chance to decrease the gravity for 2 turns, and 20% chance to not affect the gravity at all.

If the gravity increases, flying types' evasiveness goes down by 2 stages, floating or flying pokemon are grounded, and moves that require jumping or flying are unable to be used.

If the gravity decreases, evasiveness for flying types goes up by 2 stages, those trapped by the move "gravity" are no longer affected, magnet rise lasts longer, and moves that require jumping or flying require an extra turn to be used and are decreased in power.

Also, Since there is no wind of any kind in the space station, it's hard for bird pokemon to fly, so the actual move "Fly" is unable to be used.

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

Bulbob waits quietly, while Muggles takes a week and a half to choose. Oh look he decided! Out comes a...Oh really, a Kecleon. Variety! Chris does a mean robot entrance and flicks his tongue to and fro. Alas. Bulbob opts to just heal itself and not actually attack. This forces Chris to wa-oh heck to the naw! Swift hit and Bulbob is stunned. He doesn't know what to do. Oh that's gonna suck this round for him.

CX: -2E ~~ Bu: *Fln* -2H

Here's a conundrum. What happens when you are ordered commands based off of two specific moves, but you achieve none of those moves? You get stuck in dead zone, that's what. Bad place for Bulbob as Chris affixes his tongue to one of this antennae. There is a shocking exchange of energy, and both parties seem...well..different.

CX: -7E ~~ Bu: Wow ok what?

Xeroxx hangs back, as Bulbob is still stuck in limbo. Least no damage was done to his frame?

CX: -3E +2SpA ~~ Bu: o.O

===End Stats===

MLG

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Elite Trainer

Maybe I should've made my subs make more sense? xD Idk, I think thunder wave then mud slap should've been used the second and third turns respectively, but it's your call.

Veteran Trainer

Well see, this is how I broke it down.
    1) Use Aqua ring
    1a) If Chris uses something to stop AQ, use WP.

Now. WP would have been used, but the problem is that Fake out makes you flinch. Since you flinched..you didn't use any move.

Now, continuing

1c)If AQ used, use WP, then TB
    If WP used, use TB then MS

Now. Again. Flinch made it so you didn't use either AQ or WP, leaving you stuck xD

1D) If using a stat inflicting move, use CR. NOW, Flinch could have bee seen as a status, and then if he used Confuse Ray...what would he use since he didn't use AQ or WP? Again. Stuck.

1E) If Role Play used-use T-wave. Fine. But he used Skill Swap.

I saw what you were trying to do, but you made it MOVE specific. Fine tuning it so the ref isn't locked into specific parameters is the balancing act.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Elite Trainer

yeah, I'm usually not as move-specific as that. Idk what the heck I was thinking. It's not like much happened, anyway, but still. This is going to be interesting, lol

Master Trainer

Was thinking the same thing when I saw those commands. That's the problem with subs, they almost always have holes in it. Unless you give subs for everything, but that's just lame.

Body Slam! Drain Punch, then Aerial Ace!

Elite Trainer

hmm, let's go with protect, mimic, and have bulbob hit himself a bit with a low-voltage spark before he gets hit with aerial ace.

Veteran Trainer

Yeap.

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

The arena is set in a dome in a space station! The power in this dome is a little out-of-sorts, so any electric type moves have a 40% chance to increase the gravity for 2 turns, 40% chance to decrease the gravity for 2 turns, and 20% chance to not affect the gravity at all.

If the gravity increases, flying types' evasiveness goes down by 2 stages, floating or flying pokemon are grounded, and moves that require jumping or flying are unable to be used.

If the gravity decreases, evasiveness for flying types goes up by 2 stages, those trapped by the move "gravity" are no longer affected, magnet rise lasts longer, and moves that require jumping or flying require an extra turn to be used and are decreased in power.

Also, Since there is no wind of any kind in the space station, it's hard for bird pokemon to fly, so the actual move "Fly" is unable to be used.

===Battlers===

===Round 9===

Not pleased with how things turned, Bulbob tries to make things right. As Chris charges in for a Body SLam (lol @ Kecleon's using Body slam!) he crafts a electric energized shield, that repels the miniscule slammer.

CX: -6E ~~ Bu: -8E

Xeroxx stands up and dusts his shoulders off. Ain't no thang! He'll just try a punch instead! The mighty lizard tries to dash for Bulbob's head, and manages to break past what he perceived as defenses! A straight jab later, and Bulbob waves his fins in irritation!

But at least he knows how that move works. That stupid sucker is gonna be in a world of hurt now. Heck, it almost feels...natural.

CX: -5E ~~ Bu: -4E/-7H DP learned (3 rds.)

Bulbob now crosses streams (EWWWW!) and connects his antennae together. The resulting spark gives him a new lease on ...nothing. Just friggin pain! Not to mention the now BRUTAL strike that Xeroxx completed! Why did that hurt so much...

and now why did he believe he could fly...?

CX: -4E ~~ Bu: -4E/-14H

===End Stats===

Arena flips around a tad, and now everything seems a bit lighter.

BT

Last edited by DarkestLight; 31st May 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

darn, i really thought that whole color change thing would work with self-inflicted pain...

hey, doesn't skill swap only last for a short period of time due to its high amount of energy expenditure? Just wondering.

Ok, this isn't going too well for me. First thing, use Confuse ray. If they try to protect or use magic coat, use Aqua ring instead. Next up, use thunder wave. If they protect against that, use Rain Dance. If they taunt or use magic coat, use that new drain punch. Then, finally, use BRINE! If they protect against that, use aqua ring if you haven't. if you had used aqua ring already, use double team.

oh, btw, that last usage of spark should've activated the arena effect, not that it matters much.

Veteran Trainer

Oh, the Arena. Lemme add that. And yer type was fighting previous to Spark, so that wouldn't really help your case?
    PFFT OH. DUH. SOO LATE. Naw, wun work. Normally you can't damage yourself anyway.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 1st June 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

eh, oh well. I'm learning xD

Master Trainer

Substitute. Return! Show how glad you are with the results of this battle. Then Focus Punch it. Hard.

Elite Trainer

oooh, I should've considered substitute. lol

Veteran Trainer

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 10===

Bulbob grins, thinking he has this silly kecleon right where he wants him. With a fizzle and a pop, a bright brand of light sears through the arena. It alights on the head of the dancing chameleon and explodes in a kalidescope of color and sensory overloading energy.

And yet Xeroxx does not move.

CX: -7E/-10H Sub: 10 ~~ Bu: -3E

Not sure why the chameleon is not moving, Bulbob tries for another status. This time, as he releases the thunderwave, he feels the arena shift...but it still maintains the lighter than thou effect. Xeroxx starts floating upward, and still manages to keep rigor mortis despite eing paralyze..OH!

Hahaha Its a Sub! Bulbob figured it out all too late when the real Xeroxx slams into him! Oh and there goes the color change.

CX: -6E ~~ Bu: -2E/-10H Nrm

Chris now floats in peace, as Bulbob tries to fire off a Brine at him. The water bends backwards and attacks the sub a la Fifth Element. The blast doesn't quite dismantle the Sub, there are still pieces floating around, but Bulbob is smacked into the stratosphere by Xeroxx as he unleashes an uppercut of epic proportions!

CX: -10E Sub: 4 ~~ Bu: -4E/-20H

Finally, some normalcy! The Skill Swap fades off, leaving Bulbob back to its old self.

===End Stats===

MLG

Last edited by DarkestLight; 2nd June 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

does skill swap ever wear off?

Veteran Trainer

It did ...see. 2 rounds :/ *WHISTLES*

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

i'm sorry... but i dont see where it says the skill swap wears of... :/

Veteran Trainer

The colors for your Bulbob changed back to its type colors (namely blue and yellow)

But, I will edit a line in stating this fact.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

k, thanks. sorry for that, I think my OCD nerve kind of kicked in there.

Master Trainer

Woops, sorry missed this battle for some reason.

Throw a Shadowball at her, then Body Slam, then Shadowball again.

Elite Trainer

First, use Aqua ring. Then, bounce up using bounce.
    lol, hopefully you won't be one-shot by the shadow ball.

Veteran Trainer

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 11===

Xeroxx notes is competitor is on its last fins. Because it doesn't have legs...anyway. He spits out a ball of just hateful ghost energy, and it screams all sorts of nasty as it connects. Bulb flies across the strange arena, and comes to a stop some 50 yards away.

But those antennae keep glowing! Somehow, he finds the strength to collect some water and splash himself with it. It's keeping him in the game, folks!

CX: -7E Sub: 4 ~~ Bu: -4E/-14H AQ: 5 rounds

Xeroxx tries to put an end to the fish, but the distance he knocked him away was his own undoing. Bulbob flung itself skyward, leaving Xeroxx to just watch in wonder as to how that was even possible...

CX: :/ ~~ Bu: -3E

And now the descent...

Hey, GET DOWN HERE!

Oh that's right. Gravity is all weird. Well then, Bulbob's pretty danged high, and Xeroxx wastes no energy, since that's a hell of a high volley.

CX: "/ Sub: 4 ~~ Bu:

And the ring starts its healing gala (+5)

===End Stats===

BT attack

Last edited by DarkestLight; 12th June 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

actually, bounce would've had another turn in the air due to the field effect ;D

Veteran Trainer

O.o? Oh I forgot the field was all light ok. Will modify when Im home.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

bounce down, but on the way down, use volt switch (Bounce+Volt Switch) and switch to my next pokemon: Sake (Male Mienfoo w/ regenerate). Sake, use Dig.

Hopefully this works :3

Master Trainer

Protect. Then Blitzkrieg Uppercut (Shadowsneak + Dizzy Punch)!

Veteran Trainer

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 12===

Xeroxx watches as the partially flying fish finally starts coming down. The electric aura its imbuing is also something he does not wish to be struck by, and with a nice expenditure, niftily avoids.

Although the strike did not hurt Xeroxx, its recoil causes Bulbob to fly backwards-along the ground, and back to BT Poke. In exchange, out come Sake, whom seems a bit perturbed by the strength of the gravity now.

CX: -10E ~~ Bu: -10E

Staring at this new fighter gave Xeroxx a whole new outlook of the future. Short. So, to maximize his return-the wily geckomeleon lashed out with its tongue at a blinding fast speed. It tripped up Sake long enough for Xeroxx's fist to crash into his face.

Sake fell backwards and stayed down for a moment, stunned.

No wait, it's just confused. 'Cause its drawing squiggles.

CX: -9E ~~ Sa: -13H Cfn

But at least that ring comes around for Sake! (+5)

===End Stats===

MLG\\Gravity increased.

6/42 Blbob

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Bump as a reminder for MLG

Elite Trainer

Bump again. If another 7 days go by without MLG posting, though, and I'll have to call a DQ.

Veteran Trainer

Yeah he's been gone for an unusually long time... >.> Not even a ragepost :/

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Sorry guys, fucking hectic over 'ere! Also, I thought moves like Fly/Bounce/Dig are not to be combo'd?

Anyway, Psybeam, Shadowball x2!

Elite Trainer

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you're going up/down anyway from the dig/bounce/fly

I guess all we can do at this point is just dig up (try to snap out of your confusion, meanwhile) and attempt to either dodge or take the hit.
    Next, use high jump kick to jump out of the way of the shadow ball and do some damage.
    Finally, use acrobatics to do some sick, well, acrobatics, around that shadowball and hit 'em hard.

Veteran Trainer

Muggles, you can combo a two turn move with one other move. I dunno why the hell I wrote Dig there..

OH it was the end of the move. Like he did Bounce to go up in a previous round...now that he's falling, that's the end of the move, so that can be comboed.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Yeah, I guess those types of moves are kind of weird in how to combo them.

I think it was Grey or someone else that said "No matter what, you have to end the attack somehow." or something.

Veteran Trainer

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 13===

Sake tried to sit up and assess the situation. It was told to dig? But wasn't it already underground?

Man, being confused while doing a handstand really puts things in perspective. As Sake still wanders the depths of her mind, a wave of wind breezes by her,and forces her arms to lose strength. She falls right on her head...and finally snaps out of it.

CX: -5E ~~ Sak: -8H

Xeroxx is still surviving somehow. But Sake aims to end that. With a running jump...she crashes right back down onto the ground. Oh yeahhhh the gravity. Damn. She leans over to grab her ankle when her hands are mitigated by a sphere of just evil. She curses her luck before it explodes and sends her back a few more yards.

CX: -7E ~~ Sa: -6E/-17H

Xeroxx smiles and flings another Shadowball. This sphere curves wildly, and Sake notes it arrival. She couldn't jump, but she could backspring. Impeccible timing allowed the sphere to sweep under the bridge she made with her body, and then cartwheel over before sweeping Xeroxx off his feet. The Kecleon cried out in alarm, as its type finally was morphed.

CX: -7E/-8H ~~ Sa: -5E/-14H

===End Stats===

BT \Gravity increased.

6/42 Bulbob

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

GAH! how could I forget the damn gravity?

P.S. Kecleon is a b**ch to kill when someone like me is attempting to do it xD

Alright, Sake, start out by using stone edge. Then use Drain Punch, Then Acrobatics.

If they ever protect, Push the commands back and use bulk up. (for example, if protect is used first turn the commands would be Bulk Up ~ Stone Edge ~ Drain Punch)

Master Trainer

We're gonna Dig in the ground and relax there for two actions :p

Elite Trainer

God, you're more frustrating to fight than Oslo -.-

Veteran Trainer

*poof*

Newbie Notification!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 14===

Xeroxx seemed to be out of juice. Only trained Trainers note this, everyone else sees a jolly ol Kecleon anxiously awaiting the coming of the massive mayfly swarm. Sake sees misdeeds and trickery and aims to stop it. She rushes Chris and actually manages to gut check the beast before he completely vanishes under the field. Good on ya, but now, being part rock seemed to have made it easier for Kec to dig.

CX: -3E/-18H Rck ~~ Sak: -9E

And down he stayed. And Sake waited, patiently, I might add. For quite a while too...Hope not too long, Known folks to suffocate if they stayed too long..

CX: +12E ~~ Sa: +12E

===End Stats===

MLG \Gravity increased.

6/42 Bulbob

Last edited by DarkestLight; 12th July 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Entertaining quotes!