Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 1797

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, BTPoke)

GOD DA--

ugh.. fine. Let's go with song.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, BTPoke)

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Scarred Wastelands
    A desolate stretch of rolling grey hills, littered with dead grass. Twisted trees litter the landscape and dying dirt blows by you-caused by some forsaken event. Surely nothing lives out here, right?

‡ Round 133 ‡

Adelbert darts inside his cottage and fetches his guitar. Joy. He then begins singing again.

"Though I and two others made one egg our home,
    They prefer to stay put while I like to roam.
    I've Kirlia's name and I'm like Ralts in height,
    Stacked against Gardevoir, I'm greater in might."

And with that, his horrible singing comes to an end. Yay.

"Oh, and no hints!" Adelbert adds brightly.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Give up

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

Aha! I got it.

The pokemon you are describing is Mesprit, of the species "Emotion," which is ALSO the same species name as Kirlia. Mesprit's also about Ralts' height.

According to one of Azelf's Pokédex entries; Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit were born from the same Egg.
    Mesprit was the only one of the trio to be a roaming pokemon.

Mesprit also has a Base Stat total of 580, making her stronger than Gardevoir's base stat total of only 518.

Master Trainer

Scarred Wastelands
    A desolate stretch of rolling grey hills, littered with dead grass. Twisted trees litter the landscape and dying dirt blows by you-caused by some forsaken event. Surely nothing lives out here, right?

‡ Round 134 ‡

You deliver the answer with confidence.

"Well done! You are correct. Okay, wait here," Adelbert says before disappearing into his cottage. He returns with a leather-bound tome in his paws and begins rifling through its pages. "Aha! Okay, here we go. As it turns out, my great-great-etc.-grandfather's spell can be reversed with a potion that can be applied topically to the petrified Pokemon. I'm not much of a potion-maker, but this one looks fairly simple so I'll lend you folks a hand. However, I'm going to need three ingredients... scale of Kingdra, hair of Ninetales and... ew... toenail of Snorlax. Gross. But anyway, bring me these three ingredients and I'll brew your potion. Oh, and I'd like that talisman back if possible. It's kinda priceless and all."

How do you proceed?

> Remain here
    > Ask Adelbert to come with you
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 2nd September 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Elite Trainer

I'll give the talisman back once I get the potion. Is that ok? It's not that I don't trust you, because you've been a great help so far. It's just a little precaution, that's all.

If you want, you can come with me.

Oh, wow, this is probably gonna take a while. Adelbert, do you have any idea as to where these pokemon could be?

Master Trainer

Scarred Wastelands

‡ Round 135 ‡

Adelbert frowns as you opt not to immediately return the talisman, but he also seems to respect your decision.

"You did return the talisman after it had been missing for centuries, so I guess I can't be too upset with you, eh?" Adelbert asks. "I suppose I'll come with you to make sure no harm comes to the thing. Hold on a sec."

Adelbert slips into the cottage and returns with yet another leather-bound tome, though this one doesn't seem to be quite as big as the last. Stamped on the cover are the words Smith and Longley's Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Pokemon Habitats and Hairstyles.

"Not only does it tell you where Pokemon are, but it also gives you advice on how to style their long, luxurious locks! Don't tell anyone I have this, 'cause otherwise Pokemon trainers would be hounding me day and night asking for the whereabouts of all the little critters they want to capture," Adelbert explains, rolling his eyes. He then begins to flip through the encyclopedia. "Hrm... it says here that Kingdra is only found in Aqueous Ruins... Ninetales can only be encountered in the tunnels of Shinsuke Island... and Snorlax makes its home nowhere else besides Warwick Meadows. They're all quite rare, it would seem... and they all look good with a shoulder-length bob, so there's a bit of trivia for you. So. Looks like we have our work cut out for us."

How do you proceed?

> Remain here
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 2nd September 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Elite Trainer

Ugh. I don't have any water types, so we're gonna have to figure out something for kingdra and ninetails.

For now, though, we should probably start things off by heading to whitetail wood... *looks around*
    ...which is where, now?

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    whitetail wood
    I ran that through Google. You have ponies on the brain.

Warwick Meadows
    The wispy winds that blow through these flowery fields elicit a relaxing feeling The Pokemon that prosper here are all subdued and content with a laid back way of life. Pollen counts are high here, so allergy sufferers…beware.

‡ Round 136 ‡

You decide to depart. Adelbert supplies Catherine with instructions about how to get to Whitetail Wood Warwick Meadows and you're off. You head southwest and it's quite a trek: you pass through a hodgepodge of various landscapes as you traverse through much of the Safari Zone. However, Catherine proves to be an indomitable beacon of energy as she leads you to your destination.

You eventually arrive at a bright, colourful field where the flowers sweeten the air and aggravate the sinuses. You peer around and see a gaggle of worm-like Pokemon frolicking nearby.

Ten feet away, you see a wooden post with a notice pinned to it.

How do you proceed?

> Approach the worms
    > Read the notice
    > Look around

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    I ran that through Google. You have ponies on the brain.
    Well....... Damn. Amazing what you can say when you're not thinking xD

Anyway, let's go read the notice.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows
    The wispy winds that blow through these flowery fields elicit a relaxing feeling The Pokemon that prosper here are all subdued and content with a laid back way of life. Pollen counts are high here, so allergy sufferers…beware.

‡ Round 137 ‡

You approach the notice and read it.

WANTED:

RAVENOUS RALPHIE THE SNORLAX
    FOR THE UNLAWFUL DECIMATION
    OF JESSICA B. VENONAT'S
    POMEGRANATE ORCHARD.
    1000 POKEDOLLAR REWARD
    FOR HIS SUCCESSFUL CAPTURE.

As if on cue, a Venonat appears out of nowhere.

Humming, she steps past you and begins to unpin the notice.

How do you proceed?

> Address the Venonat
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

Umm, excuse me, miss venonat. Do you have any idea where I could find that snorlax?

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 138 ‡

You ask about the Snorlax.

"Oh, don't you worry! Ravenous Ralphie has been taken care of," the Venonat (whom you assume to be Jessica) explains. "A lovely Pokemon trainer came to Warwick Meadows the other day and dealt with him. She already had a Snorlax, though, so instead of catching him with a Pokeball she... oh, pardon me, I even don't know you and here I am rambling away. Since I'd rather not spill my guts any further, I bid you a good day!"

She rolls up the notice and begins to skip away.

How do you proceed?

> Pester Jessica for information
    > Ask the worms if they know anything
    > Look around
    > Stealthily pursue Jessica

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

No, really, I don't mind. I want to know where the snorlax is so I can acquire something from his possession.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 139 ‡

Jessica begins to look a little uneasy as you pester her for further information. She looks tremulous for a second but then hides it behind an indignant outburst.

"Young man, I said I was through talking to you!" she screeches, overreacting. "Now, pester me no further! Begone!"

As she storms off in a huff, Adelbert chuckles.

"Now, if that doesn't scream totally-hiding-something, I don't know what does," he whispers to you.

How do you proceed?

> Pester Jessica for information
    > Ask the worms if they know anything
    > Look around
    > Stealthily pursue Jessica

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

looks like we'll have to follow her all stealthy-like.

Adelbert, any help (preferrably of the illusion variety) to stay stealthy would be much appreciated.

BUT IF I HAVE TO ANSWER A RIDDLE FOR IT YOU CAN FORGET IT!!! T_T

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 140 ‡

Adelbert nods and casts an Illusion over you and your party... and he doesn't even make you answer a riddle, either. You're liking him more and more by the minute. He mutters some secret words and, sure enough, you look down at yourself and see that you've been given the appearance a little green Caterpie. Sandy has also taken on a Caterpie Illusion while Catherine and Adelbert now look like a Weedle and Wurmple respectively. With that, you begin wiggling after Jessica.

Eventually, you follow Jessica to a quaint little orchard on the far side of the meadow. You see a number of trees are bearing ripe pomegranates, while others are bare and look like they've been ravaged. Overlooking the orchard is a farmhouse replete with a tiny greenhouse and an outdoor entrance to a basement cellar. Jessica waddles around the house to a small fruit stand out front where she appears to be selling something. You expect to see her hocking pomegranates, but instead she seems to be selling... Leftovers?

"C'mon, step right up get your Leftovers!" Jessica shouts to potential passersby. "They taste great and restore your HP like nothing else! Yeppers! Only 500 Pokedollars apiece!"

How do you proceed?

> Enter the farmhouse
    > Enter the greenhouse
    > Enter the cellar
    > Approach Jessica

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

let's quietly waddle on over to the cellar entrance. No sense interrupting her business.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 141 ‡

You wiggle over to the cellar door and see that it's been padlocked shut.

How do you proceed?

> Go inside and find the key
    > Smashy-smashy
    > Look around elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

ooook, should've expected that. Ugh, I'm going to assume the key's on that venonat, but let's have a look inside the greenhouse, just to be sure.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 142 ‡

You head over to the greenhouse and slip inside. It's quite warm and you see a number of plants flourishing in clay pots. Most of the plants look pretty unremarkable, but you do recognize an Energy Root growing nearby.

You don't, however, see any keys.

How do you proceed?

> See if Jessica has the cellar key
    > See if the cellar key is inside the house
    > Smash the padlock on the cellar door
    > Look around elsewhere
    > Take the Energy Root on your way out

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

Hmm, well, an energy root could be useful. I'm sure the owner wouldn't mind if we had it.

Let's spy on jessica for a bit to see if she has the key.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 143 ‡

You snag the EnergyRoot and head outside to spy on Jessica. Hiding behind a conveniently placed ficus, you watch as Jessica converses with a potential customer who seems interested in the Leftovers.

"Wow, Leftovers!" Togepi exclaims. "These are quite rare! I heard they could only be created by feasting Snorlaxes. Who's your supplier?"

"Can't say, I'm afraid!" Jessica says with a flash of a grin. "Family secret!"

That's when you notice the ring of keys on the ground by Jessica's feet. Hrm.

How do you proceed?

> Sneak over and nab the keys
    > Create a distraction
    > Smash the padlock on the cellar door
    > Look around elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

catherine, you can still use fire attacks, right? While hiding, use ember on the house to start a small fire, but try not to make it go out of control.

Once that's ready, time for the distraction.

"Oh no, there's a fire!"

If she leaves the keys behind, I'll nab them. I was really hoping not to bring property damage into this, but there are lives at stake.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 144 ‡

Deciding no Adventcha is complete without a dab of domestic arson, you command Catherine to use Ember on Jessica's front porch. A small blaze ignites and both Jessica and Togepi start leaping up and down in fear without a clue what to do. Neither of them move a muscle.

"The flames came from behind that ficus over there!" Togepi shouts.

"When given the choice between smashing a padlock and lighting a house on fire, smash the padlock," Adelbert says, facepalming.

How do you proceed?

> -_-
    > -__-
    > -___-
    > All of the above

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 3rd September 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Elite Trainer

Well I thought smashing the padlock would be too loud! I do what i want xD

Let's just sneak over to the keys and snatch them, already!

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 145 ‡

Jessica gets over her momentary alarm and scurries over to her porch to out the structure fire. She uses Psychic to lift some moist soil out of her garden and onto the flames, giving you a clear opening to nab the keys. You wiggle over toward them and pick them up, but Togepi sees you plain and clear. He tilts his head and cocks a brow.

"Er... I think there's something you should see," he says, calling to Jessica.

How do you proceed?

> Silence Togepi
    > Make a run for it

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Cellar Key
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 3rd September 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Elite Trainer

Adelbert, we need an illusion to trick that togepi into thinking that we're not an issue.

If we can't do that, then let's get the heck over to that cellar door!

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 146 ‡

You ask Adelbert for another Illusion. Togepi hears your request and tilts his head even further.

"Er, you're really going to have to be more specific than that," Adelbert whispers. "I don't know what's more of a non-issue than worms."

You then abandon the Illusion plan and hightail it around the house to the cellar door. You stick the key into the padlock and give it a turn. With a click, the lock opens and reveals a set of stairs leading deep beneath the ground. You hurry down the steps and find yourself in a dim room with a low ceiling. You see three distinct passageways which all lead into darkness.

Suddenly, you hear a distant moan coming from one of the passageways... but which?

How do you proceed?

> Take the left passageway
    > Take the center passageway
    > Take the right passageway
    > Lock the door behind you
    > Provide yourself with illumination
    > Leave

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

First things first, lock the door behind me.

Next thing. If we can find a torch, I'll have Catherine light it for me. If not, then let's just lose the illusions. We don't really need them anymore, anyway (Unless Adelbert can get rid of illusions otherwise, I'll have him use scratch)

Then we'll start with the center passageway.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 147 ‡

Adelbert dispels the Illusions as you slide the padlock off the cellar door's outer handles and loop it through the inner handles. You then pull the door shut and fasten the lock. With that out of the way, you proceed onward with Catherine to illuminate your surroundings. The center passageway, as it turns out, isn't particularly long. It leads you into a large room filled with shelf upon shelf of jarred pomegranate jelly. You see nothing else here.

Suddenly, you hear a loud knocking noise emanating from where you just came. It sounds like someone is beating on the cellar door.

"Hello? Is someone down there?" comes Jessica's muffled voice. "I demand you come out this instant!"

How do you proceed?

> Turn yourself in
    > Backtrack and try another passageway
    > Take the opportunity to sample some pomegranate jelly because I'm sure it tastes quite lovely

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

I guess I'll pocket some pomegranate jelly while I'm here. Don't know when I might need it.

Let's backtrack and go down the tunnel on the right.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 148 ‡

You make the unconventional decision to pocket a jar of pomegranate jelly before backtracking and taking the passageway on the right. This one leads you into an even bigger room filled with barrel upon barrel of pomegranate wine. You see various other passageways leading even deeper into the cellar and you also see something else... a big, burly something else munching on a pile of pomegranates. You recognize him from the wanted poster.

You see that several iron chains are keeping him fastened in place. Every time he takes a bite out of a pomegranate, he tosses the rinds to the side and you watch as they transform into Leftovers. He looks up when he notices your presence.

"Have you come to let Ravenous Ralphie go?" the Snorlax asks with a whimper. "It is dark and scary and lonely down here. Ravenous Ralphie is sorry for ruining hairy Bug lady's orchard. He is tired of making Leftovers."

Before you can answer, you hear a slamming noise coming from the previous room. It's promptly followed by the crunching of wood. It sounds like Jessica is attempting to bust her way through the cellar door.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Set Ravenous Ralphie free
    > Steal one of Ravenous Ralphie's toenails

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Pomegranate Jelly
    Available

Elite Trainer

I'll let you free, but once we're through this, do you mind if I have one of your toenails? I kind of need one for a potion, and it's kind of a life-or-death situation.

If he agrees, Sandy, use Superpower to break the chains!

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 149 ‡

Ravenous Ralphie seems taken aback by your request but agrees.

"Ravenous Ralphie does not need his toenails, so pipsqueak human can have as many of them as he wants," Ravenous Ralphie says.

Suddenly, you hear a large slam and you can only assume at this point that the cellar door has been breached. Working swiftly, Sandy uses a Superpower to break the chains binding Ravenous Ralphie in place. Before you can even begin to plan an exit strategy, however, another figure enters the room.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jessica snaps. "First you scare away a customer and now you want to free my moneymaking Snorlax? I think not!"

Jessica uses a Psywave to blow open a stack of nearby barrels. A wave of pomegranate wine bursts free and whisks Sandy, Catherine and Adelbert away. They're carried by the swift current down one of the nearby passageways and out of sight. Jessica smirks as she then uses Psychic to lift you into the air and pin you against a wall.

"Don't expect me to show mercy, human," she says, tightening her psionic hold.

How do you proceed?

> Beg for Jessica to let you free
    > Call out to your party members
    > Issue commands to Ravenous Ralphie
    > Lob the jar of pomegranate jelly at Jessica's face

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Pomegranate Jelly
    Available

Elite Trainer

"As if you have any right to imprison a pokemon for doing what they're created to do.
    I mean, punishing a Snorlax for eating? How sick is that? I think I'm doing the right thing by letting this Snorlax go."

If I can, I'll throw the pomegranate jar at her, then I'll yell

"Ralphie! Body Slam!"

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 150 ‡

You scold Jessica and then hurl the jar of pomegranate jelly at her face. It bursts upon impact and she's sent stumbling backward in a daze, causing her to release her Psychic hold. You fall to the ground and, without skipping a beat, issue commands to Ravenous Ralphie. Ralphie does nothing.

"Ravenous Ralphie has only eaten a few bushels of pomegranates in the last few days," Ravenous Ralphie whimpers. "That is hardly anything for a Snorlax as big as him! He has no energy left. He is too weak to fight."

How do you proceed?

> Feed Ravenous Ralphie the Energy Root
    > Call out to your party members

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available

Elite Trainer

You want something to eat? Eat this! *Throws energy root*

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 151 ‡

You toss the Energy Root into Ravenous Ralphie's open mouth and watch as vitality is restored to him. Jessica gives her head a shake and gets to her feet just as Ralphie comes crashing down on her with a powerful Body Slam. Eek. She doesn't emerge from underneath all of that Snorlax bulk, though you do hear some muffled noises. She doesn't sound pleased.

Suddenly, Sandy, Catherine and Adelbert return, their bodies drenched in pomegranate wine. They see Ravenous Ralphie flopped over on the ground and surmise what happened.

"So... do we just leave, or...?" Adelbert asks, uncertain.

How do you proceed?

> Finish off Jessica
    > Show her some mercy

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 3rd September 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Elite Trainer

eh. Sandy can use Glare on her once Ralphie gets off of her, just so she has a hard time following us.
    THEN we can leave whilst getting the toenail.

Master Trainer

Warwick Meadows

‡ Round 152 ‡

Ravenous Ralphie gets to his feet. Jessica unflattens herself and prepares to strike, but makes the unfortunate decision to make eye contact with Sandy first. Your Druddigon's eyes glow scarlet and fix the Venonat to the spot with fear. Making haste, you and your party members hightail it out of there.

Only after you've escaped the cellar and put a good several minutes of running between you and the farmhouse do you stop. Ravenous Ralphie gleefully wraps you up in a bear-hug (ow) and extends a foot for you. Sandy Cuts one of the toenails off and makes a face as she hands it to you.

"Ravenous Ralphie wishes there was more he could do to repay pipsqueak human," Ralphie says. "One toenail seems like not very much."

How do you proceed?

> Hang around
    > Depart
    > Ask Ralphie to ferry you to Shinsuke

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Toenail of Snorlax
    Available