Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 1797

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, BTPoke)

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Scarred Wastelands
    A desolate stretch of rolling grey hills, littered with dead grass. Twisted trees litter the landscape and dying dirt blows by you-caused by some forsaken event. Surely nothing lives out here, right?

‡ Round 187 ‡

Having added a new Pokemon friend to your arsenal, you mount Catherine and shoot off toward Adelbert's home. For the third time this Adventcha, you become aware of the blurry landscape growing gradually bleaker and less verdant as you gradually approach your destination. Soon, you find yourself immersed within the familiar dismal stretches of the Scarred Wastelands. You quickly locate the Scarred Forest and then wind your way back to Adelbert's cottage.

"I can't stress enough how happy I am to finally be back here," Adelbert says, hopping off Catherine's back. "Now, the potion shouldn't take too long to brew... fifteen to twenty minutes, I figure? Hand me the ingredients and I'll see what I can do. Like I said, I'm not terrific when it comes to potions, but I should suffice. Hopefully you can find some way to occupy yourself until I finish."

How do you proceed?

> Twiddle your thumbs
    > Stare into space
    > Play "I Spy" with Catherine
    > Wash Adelbert's windows
    > Go for a jog
    > Do a handstand
    > Play Adelbert's guitar
    > Or whatever you want

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman
    Toenail of Snorlax
    Scale of Kingdra
    Hair of Ninetales

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th September 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, BTPoke)

Let's play "I Spy," because that's always fun in a barren landscape.

Master Trainer

Scarred Wastelands
    A desolate stretch of rolling grey hills, littered with dead grass. Twisted trees litter the landscape and dying dirt blows by you-caused by some forsaken event. Surely nothing lives out here, right?

‡ Round 188 ‡

I spy with my little eye, something that's the colour... beige? After twenty monotonous minutes of I Spy, Adelbert emerges from his cabin looking rather sheepish.

"Er... so my cauldron, um, kind of boiled over," he says, looking at the ground. "Hey, what can I say? I told you I wasn't very good with potions. So, um, you're going to have to go out and fetch the ingredients again... another Scale of Kingdra, another Hair of Ninetales and another Toenail of Snorlax. Real sorry about that."

You and Catherine stare at Adelbert flatly.

"Baha, just yanking your chain," he says as he procures a glass bottle containing a bright blue liquid. "Here you go! This ought to reverse the petrification spells. I wish you good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. Oh, and if you could return my great-great-etc.-grandfather's talisman to me, that would be peachy."

Meanwhile, a Gothorita strolls by. Just 'cause.

How do you proceed?

> Return to Ivy Woods
    > Remain here (and play more I Spy)
    > Head elsewhere
    > Approach Gothorita

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    Stone Talisman

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th September 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Elite Trainer

You can have the talisman back, sure. Not like I need it anymore.

Anyway, I'll go up to the gothita to ask if it could teleport me to Ivy woods.

Master Trainer

Scarred Wastelands

‡ Round 189 ‡

You approach the Gothorita and ask if she would like to Teleport you to Ivy Woods... except you address her as a Gothita, so she gets offended and walks away in a huff.

"Not that it matters, anyway," Adelbert says with a shrug. "Gothorita can't learn Teleport."

How do you proceed?

> Return to Ivy Woods
    > Remain here (and play more I Spy)
    > Head elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

...oh. I really should've checked, shouldn't I? And gothita, gothorita, tomato, toemato, same diff.

Oh well. Back to Ivy Woods with us!

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods
    A dense forest where a thick fog lingers. There are Grass and Bug types everywhere you turn. Look up and you'll find Flying types are enjoying the highest reaches of the trees.

‡ Round 190 ‡

Adelbert bids you farewell as you finally get around to departing. You mount Catherine and take off toward the Ivy Woods. Feeling like you've travelled a gajillion miles in the past twenty-four hours (which you practically have), you leave the dismal stretches of wasteland behind in favour of the lush vegetation of Ivy Woods.

After a while, you find yourself passing into the forest where numerous Burmy cling to the nearby trees.

How do you proceed?

> Return to the Taillows' rook
    > Return to Ivy Lake
    > Approach the Burmy

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Back to the rook, quickly! We've already wasted enough time.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods
    A dense forest where a thick fog lingers. There are Grass and Bug types everywhere you turn. Look up and you'll find Flying types are enjoying the highest reaches of the trees.

‡ Round 191 ‡

Rather than dillydallying any further, you make haste for the Taillows' rook. Your trek takes you through the heavy undergrowth to the tremendous rock wall in the middle of the forest. Once again, Sandy proves herself immensely useful. Using her proficiency for Rock Climbing, she takes you up the face of the cliff where you immediately beeline toward the deserted grove. Navigating from memory, you wind your way toward Lord Félix's clearing. At last, you step out of the trees and lay your eyes upon the stone figures standing in the dying sunlight.

Well.

Let's hope this works.

How do you proceed?

> Apply Adelbert's potion
    > Not yet...

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th September 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Elite Trainer

You know, even though I've been through a lot to get this potion, this seems a little too easy

"I know you're there! Show yourselves!"

If no one responds, then I'll go up to the statues.

Master Trainer

Too easy? I'm offended.

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 192 ‡

You call out to... nobody. Nothing happens.

You then walk up to the statues.

Everything seems pretty ho-hum.

How do you proceed?

> Apply Adelbert's potion
    > Not yet...
    > Call out like a crazy person some more

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

fine. let's apply the potion, then.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 193 ‡

You open the metal fastener and reach out to apply Adelbert's potion. Suddenly, a rustling noise from your right catches your attention. Sandy tackles you out of the way as a razorblade of air comes whipping out of the undergrowth. The potion flies out of your clutches as you hit the ground and lands somewhere at the clearing's edge. Pinned beneath your Druddigon, you look over and see a series of figures swooping out of the trees.

There are dozens of them.

"Eet eez zem!" Lord Félix bellows. "Zey 'ave arrived! Taillows, attack!"

How do you proceed?

> Okay
    > So
    > Maybe your paranoia was vindicated
    > ;D

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

See? Paranoia can be useful in some cases.

"So, we meet again, Lord Felix. I must ask, how was my electric little friend against your army?

I'll assume that the zigzagoon haven't been faring too well in my absense, so I hope you'll consider allowing me to free the Eon duo. I doubt your newly-aquired fountain will be much use, considering your imprisoning of the Eon Duo."

If he doesn't let me free the Eon Duo (and I highly doubt he will), then do the following:

Sandy, use Sunny day, use flamethrower on Catherine, then use Dragon Tails to fend off some of the taillow.

Catherine, use your immense firepower to your advantage and spam Heat Wave!

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 194 ‡

"Leetle electrical friend? I 'ave no idea what eet eez you are babbling about!" Lord Félix spits. "And of course you cannot free ze Eon Pokemon! C'est ridicule. Do not even ask such questions. I 'ad a suspicion you would try to revive ze Eon Pokemon, and we are 'ere to stop you before returning to our lovely leetle underground city avec ze rest of ze colony!"

Sandy and Catherine prepare to do battle despite the horrific odds. Sandy performs a Sunny Day while Catherine begins to blow a Heat Wave upon your opponents, but one Druddigon and one Rapidash can hardly hold a candle to an entire flock of birds. Suddenly, fifty-one Air Slashes come tearing toward your Pokemon... and the results are devastating. Sandy and Catherine are blown off their feet and land in crumpled heaps. They're done.

The bottled potion at the edge of the clearing begins to glint in the sunlight.

How do you proceed?

> Reason with Lord Félix
    > Try to grab the potion
    > Revive your Pokemon
    > Make a break for it

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th September 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Elite Trainer

"Hey, Felix, wanna know what I think about you and your french butt?"

And then I'll make a mad dash for the potion. And by mad, I mean he's probably gonna be mad, because I basically just said "up yours" in french gesture form.

If I reach the potion, I'll secretly stash it somewhere on my person, then I'll dash to the statues.
    The whole time I will, of course, dodge attacks as best as I can.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 195 ‡

You scramble toward the potion as quickly as you can, dodging Air Slash after Air Slash. You manage to grab the bottle and try to stash it on your person, but another Air Slash knocks it clear out of your hands. The bottle flies about fifteen feet before colliding against the trunk of a tree.

You watch as a large crack works its way through the glass container. Blue liquid begins to dribble out onto the grass.

How do you proceed?

> Reason with Lord Félix
    > Continue trying to grab the potion
    > Revive your Pokemon
    > Make a break for it

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Felix, what do you have to prove, anyway!? That you're better than sick and dying zigzagoon? That you can capture legendary pokemon using extremely cheap tactics? That holding a grudge for generations ultimately leaves you with nothing? What's the point of all of this?

Yes, you got an extensive underground home, but at what cost? What do your soldiers think of attacking defenseless and unarmed pokemon? Where's the honor in that? I don't care if you swore revenge for a millennium! That's just not right!

Army of Taillow, what do you think of this whole situation? Do any of you even hold any genuine hatred for these zigzagoon that wasn't instilled from simple tradition? And what do you think of your Leader ordering you to attack defenseless pokemon?

This is the exact reason why the zigzagoon hid the fountain in the first place. To hide it from pokemon as sick and heartless as you, Felix. You're just as bad as Lady Bethany.

If the taillow don't see reason, I'm going to run for the potion again. I have to keep trying!

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 196 ‡

You make an impassioned plea. Lord Félix rolls his eyes.

"Oh, look at me!" he cries. "I am an annoying leetle 'uman! I rub my nose where eet doesn't belong! If you zink I am left with nuzzing, you clearly have no sense of 'eritage. I am righting a wrong zat was committed against my ancestor! Someone avec 'oom I share blood! You say zere eez no honour in zat? I say zere eez nuzzing but honour in zat, leetle 'uman! Taillows, what do you zink of zis 'ole thing?"

"We serve the colony!" one of them chirps.

"We are claiming what is rightfully ours!" another adds.

"Taillows are brave and noble creatures!" a third says.

"Exactement! Now, for one final time... take zis!" Lord Félix bellows.

You dive for the potion, but you're not fast enough. Lord Félix attacks the bottle with one final Air Slash. The razor slices the bottle cleanly in two and you watch as blue potion drains into the soil.

"Zere!" Lord Félix cries with a note of triumph. "And, to prevent you from meddling any further... Taillows, ze ropes! Now!"

You watch as the flock of birds procure a series of ropes which they tie around Sandy's and Catherine's unmoving bodies. Holding on tight to the ropes, the birds hoist your Pokemon into the air and begin to carry them away.

"Say au revoir to your Pokemon friends!" Lord Félix laughs. "Ŕ bientôt! Ŕ plus tard! Adieu!"

Taking Sandy and Catherine with them, the flock of birds begins flying in the direction of Sunshine Fields.

How do you proceed?

> Chase after them
    > Examine the broken bottle
    > Cry for help

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 13th September 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Elite Trainer

Let's see if there's any potion left in the bottle. If not, I'll chase after them.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 197 ‡

You approach the broken bottle. You see about a teaspoon of liquid in the bottle's broken bottom. Adelbert didn't say exactly how much potion would be needed to reverse the petrification. You look at the statues. Perhaps the meagre amount of potion would be enough to revive at least one of the two Eon Pokemon?

How do you proceed?

> Attempt to revive Latias
    > Attempt to revive Latios
    > Chase after them
    > Cry for help

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

well, Latios IS the pokemon I've come to the SZ for, and he's pretty much the "big brother" of the two, so he's probably the best choice. We'll be able to free Latias when this is all over, hopefully.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 198 ‡

You pick up the shattered remains of the bottle and pour its modest contents onto the Latios statue. You step up and watch as a wash of colour comes over the granite. White and blue bleed back into the figure until you find yourself staring at none other than Latios himself.

The Eon Pokemon recoils in surprise.

"Who are you?" he asks at once, his voice deep and commanding. His gaze falls upon Latias, who is still petrified. "What is this? What have you done to my sister?"

How do you proceed?

> Explain the situation
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 13th September 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Elite Trainer

Wait a second! I didn't do anything, alright? I'm the one that freed you. I only had enough potion to free one of you, and I chose you.

A swellow that's the enemy of the colourful zigzagoon used a powerful illusion to imprison both you and Latias, and that caused the soul fountain to run dry. The zigzagoon have become sick and are dying, and the swellow took advantage of that. We need to go help the zigzagoon as soon as possible. We can help your sister later, I promise.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 199 ‡

Surprise and then determination come over Latios's face as you explain the situation.

"My apologies for assuming you were culpable, then," Latios says, inclining his head. "Yes, I do remember now... my sister and I were stopping by Ivy Lake to get a drink and the last thing I recall seeing is a Swellow. This is truly tragic. We need to devise a strategy. I possess tremendous strength, but with my awakening the Soul Fountain will be running again. Yes, it was I, not Latias, who generated the Soul Dew that we bequeathed upon the Zigzagoons, and so with my revival the fountain's waters will have once again sprung to life. We must expect that the Swellow and whatever accomplices he might have will have consumed the water. We must figure out how to overcome them."

How do you proceed?

> Come up with a plan
    > Leave now, plan later

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

is there any way to reverse the effects of the fountain? The soul dew is a part of the fountain, right? maybe the secret to stopping them is with the soul dew?

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 200 ‡

"Reverse the effects of the Soul Fountain?" Latios asks. "I'm afraid not. The only way would be to destroy the Soul Dew entirely, but the Zigzagoons and Linoones suffering withdrawal need the Soul Fountain to stay intact if they have a chance of recovering. Perhaps we could find a way to collect fountain water without the Swellow noticing? We could then use it to restore the Zigzagoons and Linoones to full health. They could then rally together and help us flush the Swellow out of the underground colony once and for all."

How do you proceed?

> Continue coming up with a plan
    > Leave now, plan later

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

alright, let's do that. We might need some help, though.

Wait a second. You're a legendary pokemon. How are your relations with the local forest pokemon? We could get the help of some local pokemon in that water-carrying endeavor.

...unless if you don't want to include other pokemon in this for the sake of keeping the soul fountain a secret.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 201 ‡

"I could certainly try?" Latios says. "I don't have any real connections and many Pokemon are naturally afraid of Legendary Pokemon because of our tremendous strength, just as they're also afraid of humans, but it could perhaps work. Where are the sick Zigzagoons, though?"

How do you proceed?

> Continue coming up with a plan
    > Leave now, plan later

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Ok, nevermind about finding help from wild pokemon. That was a stupid idea from my stupid head.

And to be honest, I have no idea where the sick zigzagoon are.
    How about we just head to sunshine fields in stealth (about as much stealth as a legendary pokemon possibly could do), assess the situation, and figure out a plan from there?

Also, mind giving me a lift? They took my pokemon, and you're an incredibly fast flyer.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 202 ‡

"I don't think that idea was stupid, and I don't think your head is stupid, either," Latios says honestly, "but if you wish to find the sick Zigzagoons, then I think that's a fine idea as well. Hop upon me and we will fly."

You mount Latios and he blasts off like the supersonic jet he is. Making Catherine seem as slow as a Muk, Latios reaches the border between Ivy Woods and Sunshine Fields in no time at all. Suddenly, something catches Latios's eye and he comes to a halt. Forked lightning sparkles upward and flashes before your eyes. You look to the ground and see that it's coming from the undergrowth.

How do you proceed?

> Investigate
    > Onward

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available
    Last edited by Oslo; 14th September 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Elite Trainer

I know that lightning! To the undergrowth!

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 203 ‡

You swoop downward to find the source of the lightning. You land and find yourself staring at none other than...

...Lady Bethany?!

You watch as she uses another Thunderbolt to ward off a couple of pesky forest birds.

The birds scatter and Lady Bethany shoots you a dirty look.

"What are you doing here, human?" she snaps angrily. "Oh, first you thwarted my army and now you've captured a Legendary Pokemon! Golly, aren't you just living a charmed life?"

None of her fellow Zigzagoons are nearby. Beneath all that anger, she looks a little forlorn.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Continue onward
    > Follow Starly
    > Follow Farfetch'd

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Hello, Lady Bethany. I see your soldiers are not with you. How would you feel about fighting a common enemy?

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 204 ‡

"A common enemy?" she asks, looking interested despite her best efforts not to. "I don't know. I've... I've been deposed. My kind left me here and marched onward back to Ffeffni. They're not used to defeat, see, and they wouldn't abide by a leader who just led them into their biggest loss in recent memory. So I'm not sure whether I'm up for helping you."

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Continue onward

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Alright. If I get your warriors back for you, THEN will you be willing to help me? I have a legendary Pokemon on my side at the moment, so how can they argue with those odds?

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 205 ‡

"No," she says flatly. "They deposed me. I would be demeaning myself by accepting them again as my subjects."

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Continue onward

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

Ok, then! Now, about you helping me. I'm going to give you some details. Apparently, this french swellow dude name Felix turned ole' latios here AND his sister to stone with some old illusion, and that's the reason the fountain went dry in the first place. Apparently, he's also been holding some incredibly long-term grudge against the colourful zigzagoon that I only learned about AFTER we kicked your cans in that latest battle.

And now, the colourful zigzagoon are weak from withrawal, and Latios being free means the Swellow now have a working Soul Fountain in their possessions.

Why am I asking for your help, you ask? Because you know that having a bunch of Birds in possession of an all-powerful fountain is as big a deal to YOU as it is to me. I figure you'd MUCH rather have some fellow zigzagoon have that fountain, rather than some random french birds that have already defeated your army.

All I ask is that you help me get some of the soul fountain water back to the colourful zigzagoon, and I'm sure that when this is over, they will be very thankful for your assistance in this matter. So much, in fact, that they might give you something in return.

Master Trainer

Ivy Woods

‡ Round 206 ‡

"Ugh, you sound like a door-to-door make-up salesman," Bethany mutters. "Well, fine. As much as I hate you and those abomination Zigzagoons, I hate the prospect of a colourful French Swellow even more. Follow me, then."

She begins trotting southward along the border between Ivy Woods and Sunshine Fields.

"Where is she taking us?" Latios asks.

How do you proceed?

> Ask where you're going
    > Follow her
    > Head to the underground colony instead

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Elite Trainer

eh. Let's just follow her and ask questions later