Thread: What are your writing goals for 2012?

Hybrid View

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: What are your writing goals for 2012?

And we're a community, not a panel of critics I remember when I wrote a trainer fic (From Rookie To Champion: The Indigo Road) it was completely slated by a certain mod from Perth

But I'd like to think I've come leaps and bounds since then. Perhaps it's a testament to my writing now that I can't bear to read any old fics.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.1 View Post
    And we're a community, not a panel of critics I remember when I wrote a trainer fic (From Rookie To Champion: The Indigo Road) it was completely slated by a certain mod from Perth

But I'd like to think I've come leaps and bounds since then. Perhaps it's a testament to my writing now that I can't bear to read any old fics.
    Oh man *cringe* I shudder to think what I would have been like as a reviewer way back then. Probably completely tactless? Sorry if I slated your work. Or maybe I'm not sorry, since you have become a genuinely awesome writer (and published journo) following that tough criticism? Okay, I obviously can't use my past bluntness to take credit for your talent, but you get what I mean, maybe the advice helped. I definitely hope it was ultimately helpful and not too harsh, since that was the end goal.

... and I definitely do the same when I look back at my past writing, especially pre-LTL stuff like Pokemon: Kohtu. I don't even have any copies of that anymore, I don't think, but I remember it well and it was basic. Granted, I was twelve. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it was criticised quite sharply when I first posted it, and I ended up working hard instead at my alternate story, Lisa the Legend, and put everything I had into lifting my game. So maybe that's where I get my credo from that firm but fair criticism is crucial for a writer, as I found it worked on me and made me work harder to improve myself.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Totally. Back when TPM was a website, I put my fic up for criticism and Pancake (then MistyDeeDee gave it like 1/5. I was so crushed. But then, I was also about 11 years old.

Christ, have I really been on TPM longer than I've *not*? *has all-knowing moment*

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013