Thread: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Hybrid View

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Like I've been saying, if you are going to use certain people as a joke, then only tell those people. Nobody else needs to know. It's your job to figure out if your sacrificial lambs are trustworthy or not. If they are not, then don't use them as sacrificial lambs. If you really don't want to expand the information beyond the private forum, then pick sacrificial lambs that would not take things so seriously. If you are going to perform personal pranks, it's your responsibility to understand the personalities of the people that you are picking on.

[EDIT]: Sorry Roy Karrde, I was responding to Andrew and typed too slow. I understand that the intentions were good, and I really do admire the preparation and work that went into the prank. It was pretty clever to start the threads weeks in advance to make the thing look more genuine than a last-minute April Fool's thing. I am just making suggestions for the future pranks. As for the merger, HELL YES that pissed me off. That scared me to no end. But I still think that there's a difference between personal pranks, and pranks of that nature. There's nothing wrong with pissing everyone off as a unit, it's singling people out to piss off that steps across a dangerous line. When people are singled out, survival instincts kick in - and they don't necessarily remember that it's April Fool's day, so keep that in mind. I'm rather unobservant at times, and it took me quite a few years to remember to be wary of pranks on April Fool's day. If I was threatened, I might have reacted the same way, and become completely unaware of the date. When you're making personal pranks, you - cannot - assume that people will remember that it's April Fool's day.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 1st April 2009 at 07:26 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lune the Guardian View Post
    There's nothing wrong with pissing everyone off as a unit, it's singling people out to piss off that steps across a dangerous line.
    Yeah I can see that, I guess I kind of hoped that people would take the opposite reaction. That the mods thought enough of you to include you in what was/is a event on TPM that has tons of history behind it. That really speaks to the person's popularity and stature on the boards.