Thread: So, Mario...

Hybrid View

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: So, Mario...

Quote Originally Posted by classy_cat18 View Post
    You've never played Mario!? I've never played Halo! It's like we're equal! ^_^
    Uh, not really, I've never played Halo either and I don't really ever intend to. As big as a title as it is, not everyone likes FPS games, myself for instance.

I was raised on Nintendo. Because of limited budgets I could only have one console a generation and I almost always chose the Nintendo console. I was so tired of buying flops (Game Gear and Saturn) that I didn't bother with the Playstation or XBox. But I have favorites on that console too (old-school Crash Bandicoot ftw). So I'm sorta apathetic towards games that aren't on a Nintendo console with several notable exceptions. Enough exceptions to make me want a 360. Love X Box Live Arcade. But back to the supreme plumber.

You gotta experience the very first, available on the Wii's Virtual Console (or on emulators if you don't wanna pay). The first three Super Mario Bros. on the NES but be careful that there's the Nintendo Hard original SMB2 and then there's the Doki Doki Panic clone SMB2.

I love ALL his platformers but I have special love for SMB3, Super Mario World 1&2. Although the second SMW is more of a Yoshi game. But you gotta play Super Mario 64, the game that set the standard for 3D platforming. Super Mario Sunshine is...kinda forgettable, I loved it but not as much as the others and it's a bitch to get 100% completion on that game.

Both Super Mario Galaxy games. Play them. At least the first one. The second one is awesome too, since it has Yoshi.

If you're looking for RPGs then go get Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Developed by Square, with a great cast and memorable battles. Oh, and the Paper Mario games. I like them because of the unique art style.
    Mhm, thanks for that input.

Also about emulating, to those who mentioned it... I'm not too sure talking about those on this public forum is okay (yes, I am aware of my position but I don't really go in this section often to know for sure, I'll ask) but I'd be a little quiet about that if I were you, I purposely avoided mentioning it for that reason. But that will most likely be a last resort option anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll
    If you want a game that represents classic Mario annoyance, frustration, and difficulty but still modern, I highly recommend Super Mario Sunshine. However, like classy said, it's not easy getting all 120 Shine Sprites in that game. Especially the infamous Yoshi one. Or if you want a game with more story and substance than just rescue the Princess, play any of the RPG Marios, especially The Thousand Year Door or Bowser's Inside Story.
    There's nothing I like more than a game that drives me crazy getting 100% completion. I'm usually a completionist with things like that and I've played many games where I can say that's been the case, which do have "infamous" challenges that are a bitch... really for all I know it's possible that I've done it in a game where it's even harder than in this Sunshine one... but if and when I do end up getting that game I'll gladly give a report.

Or... if you want to get technical about it... there's always the Super Smash Bros. series.
    Uh huh... but you did see the last part of my post, did you not?
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

The real Shonta Moderator

Default Re: So, Mario...

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    There's nothing I like more than a game that drives me crazy getting 100% completion.
    In that case, definitely get Super Mario Galaxy 2. Grandmaster Galaxy. That's all I need to say.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!