Thread: Vigoroth/Slaking

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Is Vigoroth strong enough in itself to be a Decent Battler or Should i just evolve. Im currently training a Slakoth and wondering which level to evolve it to, or wether i should keep it at all.

I cant remember all my movesets just now but my team is currently gonna end up...

Blaziken, Sandslash, Pelipper, Weezing, Mawile, Slaking.

Id like to lose Pelliper for a better Water type, I was thinking of trying out Golduck and i think i need a better Water Killer since i dont have anything other than Weezing that can use Electric attacks.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Banned

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

You should just evolve it. It's a rare case when Slaking Won't OHKO something with a decent attack. It's got better all around stats and even if it has Traunt, (I think) Slaking's base attack divided by 2 is better than Vigoroth's.

If you want a water Killer, Magneton is good. ^_^. Regice is also good, because of it's insane Spdef. and decent Spatk.

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Vigoroth is better than Slaking because Protect or more commonly now Substitute won't stop it. Vigoroth could also do the Reversal/Flail with Salac Berry combo in battle if you wanted to test that out. Remember Slaking has 670 Total Base Stats so that's like an Uber but it can't keep attacking because of Truant. Vigoroth's Total Base Stats are 440 and they look equal except Special Attack and Special Defence are quite low. Slaking was good in 200 Teams but now in the future of 386 games it won't work as well as before simply because Substitute is everywhere now.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Pelipper is decent, trust me.

As someone mentioned before, Maggy is the best out there. Slow, but the best. Most use Jolty nowadays.

Vigoroth has it's uses, and so does Slaking. It depends on the predicament.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Banned

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

If you're not going to evolve it, you may as well get a Zangoose. It's much better, and if you squench your eyes hard enough, they look alike.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

I think there's a fair choice between Vigroth and Zangoose:

Vigroth: HP80 A80 D80 S90 SA55 SD55, can't be put Asleep
    Zangoose: HP73 A115 D60 S90 SA60 SD60, can't be Poisoned

Movesets are fairly similar, though I'd give the nod to Vigroth for having Yawn, Encore and the Endure/Reversal combo. If you build a Vigroth based on Encore/Counter (level up moves, remember), the difference in Attack also becomes irrelevant. Try this:

Encore
    Counter
    Slack Off
    Fury Swipes/Slash/Return/Focus Punch
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Quote Originally Posted by strat
    As someone mentioned before, Maggy is the best out there. Slow, but the best.
    You're exactly right... if by "best" you mean "most worthless."

Quote Originally Posted by rinku
    I think there's a fair choice between Vigroth and Zangoose:

Vigroth: HP80 A80 D80 S90 SA55 SD55, can't be put Asleep
    Zangoose: HP73 A115 D60 S90 SA60 SD60, can't be Poisoned

Movesets are fairly similar, though I'd give the nod to Vigroth for having Yawn, Encore and the Endure/Reversal combo.
    Swords Dance. And, umm... well, Swords Dance. That's all I can think of, but that's all that matters.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Banned

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

What have you got against Magneton?

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Quote Originally Posted by Xenesis
    What have you got against Magneton?
    Magneton can't do much except trap other Steel Pokemon with Magnetic Pull. People use this to take out Skarmory and Forretress with Thunderbolt and HP Fire. If Metagross is sent out against Magneton then Magneton is trapped against an Earthquake so bye bye Magneton.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Quote Originally Posted by andyizcool
    Magneton can't do much except trap other Steel Pokemon with Magnetic Pull. People use this to take out Skarmory and Forretress with Thunderbolt and HP Fire. If Metagross is sent out against Magneton then Magneton is trapped against an Earthquake so bye bye Magneton.
    There's "SWITCH OUT MAGNETON YOU STUPID ****ER" for a reason.

@Mr. E: I was referring more 202, where the shittiest electric is practically the best. ;p Zappy and Jolty own 386.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Quote Originally Posted by strat
    There's "SWITCH OUT MAGNETON YOU STUPID ****ER" for a reason.
    I think Magneton's Magnetic Pull won't let it escape from any Steel Types. Meaning the Trait Magnetic Pull keeps Steel Type Pokemon stuck in the arena together. So you can't switch Magneton out if your opponent sends in another Steel Type who's going to thrash you.

Banned

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

I just tested it. Magneton can most certainly switch out against Steel Types.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Vigoroth/Slaking

Perhaps andyizcool has had Magnet Pull vs Magnet Pull experiences. Certainly if you have two Magnetons who both have it, no one is going anywhere...
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!