Thread: Where art thou Regis"

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Where art thou Regis"

Could someone please tell me where I can find Regirock, Registeel and Regiice? All I nkow is that they're in caves and that's it!
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

This is already fully explained somewhere on this board, but I'm too lazy to find it so I can link to it...just like you were too lazy to dig for it yourself. So I'll just present the info again.

Unlocking the Caves of the Legendary Golems
    In the floating town of Pacifidlog, a legend is passed down about "six dots unlocking three doors". There is a sealed cavern hidden somewhere in the rapid currents that run betwen Pacifidlog and Slateport. That cavern holds the key to unlocking the caves in which Regirock, Regice and Registeel lie dormant. You'll need the moves Surf, Dive and Dig, the specific pokémon Wailord and Relicanth, and the ability to translate the six-dot alphabet known as Braille. For that, check out this web page. As far as getting to the sealed chamber, you should start from Pacifidlog and enter the rapids on the south end. Yoiu'll wash up on a crescent-shaped island. Go west from there to a shallow spot shaped like a windmill, with a spot of calm water in the middle. Go west again; you'll be swept around a large dark area surrounded by rocks. Although the dark area looks like you could dive in it, there is no known way to get in there. Keep going west. You'll come to a shallow region filled with rocks and bordered on the north by by a long outcropping. Keep going west.
    When you come to a shallow spot that's shaped like a stack of three rectangles, that when you'll have to do more than just "keep going west". You're aiming for a spot where you can use Dive, but it's guarded by current, and the way in is only two squares wide. Standing on the eastern edge of the shallows, go directly south until you can't anymore without surfing. Now, turn west and walk to the west edge. You should be a little south of the middle of this edge. Surf west. Once you're in the dive area, head on down and start looking for Braille. Translate the Braille using the web page I linked to, and follow the instructions.

Regirock
    Now that you've used the six dots to unlock three doors, you need to find those doors! Fortunately, they aren't completely lost to civilization. Others have come before you and searched for the caves. There is a trainer in the game called a "Ruin Maniac". You may have met some; one of them, Ruin Maniac Dusty, is a Trainer's Eyes trainer. The fact is, there are exactly three Ruin Maniacs in the game, and they're all exploring the locations of the Legendary Golems!
    Ruin Maniac Dusty himself is at the location of the first cave, in the south side of the Sandstorm Desert on Route 111. Toward the southern end is a large rock surrounded by six smaller rocks. Now that you've unlocked the doors, there will be an opening in the large rock! Walk on in.
    There's one more puzzle you have to solve, though. The room is empty save for some Braille on the far wall. Translate the Braille and follow the instructions. You'll open the way to Regirock. Now all you have to do is catch it!

Regice
    This cave is rather far out of the way. It's in the ocean northwest of Dewford. When you spot the Ruin Maniac, you'll know you're going in the right direction.
    As with Regirock, you should find a large stone surrounded by six smaller ones, and the large stone should have an opening in it since you unlocked the doors in the Sealed Chamber. As with Regirock, the room appears to be emptty, but translating some Braille and following the directions will open the way to Regice.

Registeel
    Registeel's cave is in the Rainy Forest. More specifically, it's on the north end of a high plateau on Route 120. Again, keep an eye out for the Ruin Maniac to tell you you're in the right place. Enter the large stone, translate the Braille, open the way to Registeel and catch it!

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

I went through the trouble of translating all the braille messages.

Underwater (braille message by the place you surface): Go up here.

1st Room Stones: All 26 letters of the english alphabet

Message on the wall in 1st Room: Dig here.

2nd Room (after digging):

Top Left Stone: In this cave we have lived.

Top Right Stone: We owe all to the pokemon.

Mid Left Stone: But, we sealed the pokemon away.

Mid Right Stone: We feared it.

Bottom Left Stone: Those with courage, those with hope.

Bottom Right Stone: Open a door. An eternal pokemon waits.

Message on the wall in 2nd room: First comes Relicanth, last comes Wailord.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Regirock: Read Braille, Fly.
    Regice: Wait about 3 minutes after reading Braille.
    Registeel: Read Braille, go down 2, right 1, Strength.

I'm pretty sure about the Regice and Regirock, but correct me if I'm wrong about Registeel.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Advanced Trainer

You've got Regirock and Registeel switched. Regirock's Braille instructions tell you to take two steps down and two steps to the right and then use Strength. Regice's instructions tell you to wait two minutes. Registeel's instructions tell you to use Fly in the center of the room. They're actually a bit more poetic than that, though.

Elite Trainer

Okay, that's one problem out of the way. Now, where do I get a relicanth and a Wailord (I'm assuming that Wailord is an evolved pokemon).

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Wailord evolves from Wailmer which can be found like everywhere in the ocean. Relicanth can be found in the seaweed after diveing around Sootopolis City.

Advanced Trainer

Actually, Relicanth can be found in any patch of seaweed, but it's disgustingly rare. Maybe not Feebas-rare, but maybe Tropius-rare or even Chimecho-rare. You'll be searching for a while. I heartily suggest you stock up on the Dive Balls available in Mossdeep. Since you're going to be down there some time, you might as well bring pokémon that you wish to EV-train; your most common opponent will be Clamperl (DEF 1) and you will also meet Chinchou (HTP 1) from time to time.

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Actually, it's been proven Wailord are found when Surfing around Route 129. I would recommend training a Wailmer more because they are pretty rare, and I've found them as much as I've found Surskit before defeating the Elite 4 when sightings would occur: very few.

...I'm not dead yet!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I suggest to bring a Pokemon knowing Sweet Scent along when you search for a Relicanth in the Seaweed underwater. The encounter rate is very low underwater and it is really frustrating and time consuming to wait for a Relicanth. Use Sweet Scent when you are in the Seaweed and a Pokemon appears immediately.
    Regards,
    Gagome

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kikyo
    Actually, it's been proven Wailord are found when Surfing around Route 129. I would recommend training a Wailmer more because they are pretty rare, and I've found them as much as I've found Surskit before defeating the Elite 4 when sightings would occur: very few.
    I had no clue Wailord could be caught as it! I just might have to spend awhile just so I can catch a wild one. Anywho are you saying Wailmer are pretty rare, or the wild Wailord?

Advanced Trainer

Wild Wailord are quite rare. Wild Wailmer aren't too much of a problem. Try using the Super Rod in the fast-current Sea Routes; Wailmer, or maybe Sharpedo, will be your most common adversary.

Elite Trainer

Thanks for the help guys.

I've unlocked the doors.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled and captured Regirock.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled and captured Regice.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled Registeel, but cannot capture him.
    I'm angry beyond belief. Is there something special I have to do to caprture this anooying pokemon. Even when it's got only a sliver of health left and is asleep. IT STILL WONT REMAIN CAUGHT!! EVEN WHEN I USE ULTRA BALLS!! could you guys help me

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_clown
    Thanks for the help guys.

I've unlocked the doors.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled and captured Regirock.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled and captured Regice.
    I'm happy.
    I've battled Registeel, but cannot capture him.
    I'm angry beyond belief. Is there something special I have to do to caprture this anooying pokemon. Even when it's got only a sliver of health left and is asleep. IT STILL WONT REMAIN CAUGHT!! EVEN WHEN I USE ULTRA BALLS!! could you guys help me
    Registeel is, somehow, always a pain to catch. As if it gathered the power of its caught comrades so you have hell of a time to catch it. My recommendation is: Don't use Ultra Balls, they suck. Use Timer Balls, as Regis tend to stall a long time. Bring Nest Balls as backup (They work better on Pokémon with a lower level than your Pokémon.), but they kinda suck too. Bring Ultra Balls too if needed. Just let the turns pass on, and eventually, your Timer Ball will shut the annoyng Steel Pokémon inside. It's just annoying, but not hard. Just be persistent.

Elite Trainer

Anyone else got any bright ideas? Because that Timer ball strategy just DOESN'T WORK!!

Banned

Worked for me. You just gotta keep chucking them. They reach their maximum effectiveness at 40 turns and are twice as effective as ultra balls I believe. Also, Bring a shedinja. Waste the Regi's ancientpower (5pp) and switch him in to stall. Won't work on Regirock though, as the sucker has Rock Throw.

PS. I had the worst time with Regice. I took about 5 attempts with 50 Ultra balls and 10 timer balls before I got the sod. I got regirock first time with about 3 balls and Registeel was first attempt with like 10 balls.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All legendary pokémon are an equal difficulty to capture. I believe that every species has a "capture rate" which affects the formula used when you throw a ball, all of the legendaries have the same rate, the lowest in the game, so just keep trying, it's all about luck. If you can count the turns (I always forget) then timer balls WILL be more effective than ultras after 40. Remember, causing a status condition increases the chance of capture, and sleep and freeze are the most effective, so it's probably best to bring a sleep powder/breloom. Good luck capturing Registeel.

Advanced Trainer

Actually, while Timer Balls do reach their maximum effectiveness after 40 turns, they're equal in power to Ultra Ball after 20 and stronger than that after 30.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Call it deja-vu...

This is my last tip... it might be superstition, but has worked for me countless times, and it's always helped ever since RBY. When you throw the ball, press up in the control pad + A at the same time, right at the moment the ball opens. This way, the friggin' thing should stay. Again, it's not an ensured thing, but well... 3 generations of working talk for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    This is my last tip... it might be superstition, but has worked for me countless times, and it's always helped ever since RBY. When you throw the ball, press up in the control pad + A at the same time, right at the moment the ball opens. This way, the friggin' thing should stay. Again, it's not an ensured thing, but well... 3 generations of working talk for themselves.
    I've been told that trick never works and it was just to make you confident in catching. Well I have something to say about it because I've tried it on a lot of Pokemon. The trick must work because everytime I've used it then it worked for me and I caught the Pokemon. When I didn't do the trick I never caught any Pokemon and they just kept getting out of the Pokeballs. Your tip would probably be best to try and these Regis because they only took me about 5 Ultra Balls on each Regi to catch.

Advanced Trainer

When the ball opens, huh? I've head when the ball is first thrown, and I've head Up+A, Down+A, Down+B, Rotate D-Pad+A, etc...of course all of these are just magic feathers, but sometimes a magic feather can be nice to have.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

No, it just hasn't worked for you yet.

Don't bother using the Timer balls until about turn 30 - prior to that you're better off with Ultras.

I've caught 2 Registeels with Ultras. Just go in with a team resistant to its attacks, get it asleep and damaged. And expect to restart a few times.

My biggest problem with the sucker is when it gets down to Struggle and
    I can't catch it before it knocks itself out.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Ultra Balls suck. Great Balls are better somehow. I tried to catch an Absol and I used about 15 Ultra Balls and then I used a Great Ball and I caught it. The ball trick I use is D-pad down and B button. But as far as I know, it only works on Crystal.

Elite Trainer

30 turns huh? Okay, here's what I do when fighting Registeel (please tell me if it is a good idea).

-I start off with Wailord, because his Water Spout is enough to decimate the steel pokemon's health, and then chip away at what remains with Aston ish.

-I then keep using Rest, to buy me a lot of time. (this usually lasts until Registeel has run out of both Secret Power and Ancient Power)

-Continue buying time while hurling Timer Balls at it.

Advanced Trainer

You aren't using sleep or freeze or even paralysis or something? Status effects reduce a pokémon's ability to resist a Ball. Also, bring along a pokémon with False Swipe so that you can be sure, without a doubt, that it's at 1 HP and no more. Catching legendaries is so difficult that you must use every advantage you can get.

Banned

Just let it waste Ancient power and switch in Shedinja. Then poor Registeel won't be able to touch you until he uses up the PP for ALL of his moves and struggles, and with Metal claw having something like 20pp, Curse having 10, that'll take a while.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_clown
    30 turns huh? Okay, here's what I do when fighting Registeel (please tell me if it is a good idea).

-I start off with Wailord, because his Water Spout is enough to decimate the steel pokemon's health, and then chip away at what remains with Aston ish.

-I then keep using Rest, to buy me a lot of time. (this usually lasts until Registeel has run out of both Secret Power and Ancient Power)

-Continue buying time while hurling Timer Balls at it.
    Sounds like a solid strategy. Probably the missing ingredient is to whack a status condition on Registeel. Try switching in a sleep-causing pokémon.
    Encore can also keep him impotent for a while, if you get him to repeat Curse.
    rinku

Advanced Trainer

You're suggesting reducing a legend to Struggle!? You're nuts! The thing'll faint itself before a ball can keep shut on it.

Banned

No, read it again. I said that Registeel isn't going to be able to hit shedinja once AP's gone, until it struggles. I didn't say get registeel to struggle. In other words, you've got about 30-40 turns where Registeel can't do a thing to you, so you're free to chuck balls at it every turn.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...even more if you can put it to sleep...
    rinku

Elite Trainer

I can put Registeel to sleep. I either use my Relicanth's Yawn, or my Swablu's Sing. Either one works. And if it weren't for that 'Clear Body' ability, I'd try to destroy its accuracy too.

Banned

For Registeel, I traded my Ampharos from Colosseum. My cousin used Raichu since he doesn't have Colosseum, but either way, we got regirock at a small ammount of health. We switched pokémon and kept using rest, and then after a VERY LONG time, we caught it. We also paralyzed it, just so it won't hit with Superpower and all that. The hardest for me was Regice, but that's not to the point... We had Ampharos and Raichu at level 38 so it wouldn't do much damage...

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Use Relicanth's Yawn. Sing is too inaccurate. And using Lax Incense and Evasion boosting moves, you can avoid getting hit pretty well. Skill Swap also works, but you should save the TM. Dunno if any Pokemon learns Skill Swap naturally, maybe Staryu.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

No Pokemon learn Skill Swap naturally.

Get a type that the specific Regi can't attack well, use paralysis moves and lower its health. Chuck balls; I used Ultra balls, and found one Regi (can't remember which) to be much more ball-consuming. Overall I didn't have much trouble.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I think that I could possibly help you with your dilema. I've heard/tried every single button combination. (A + Up etc.) and I have found 2 things to be failsafe.

1. Use a Master Ball.
    2. Trade it from a friend.

Either way you get the Pokedex entry. Plus you can also make Repeat Balls more effective if you used the second option.

Also, if you're supersticious you can try this: The Poke's in your party help/hinder your catching chances. I know it sounds rediculous, but hey, hear me out.

1. DO NOT take your other Regis into the battle. Regice may just be gettin a bad vibe from your other 2 Regis. They might just be using telekenisis from your poke ball to tell him that this life of slavery blows and do ANYTHING it can to avoid capture.

2. Another option is to think about making the Regis like you, then take them into battle. They might just tell him that you're not so bad of a person and it's a lot of fun whoopin some Pokemon @$$ opposed to sittin in a musty old cave.

Using an Acro bike on the sand hills (the ones only accesable w/the Mach Bike) is the way to do it. I just put a heavy object on the "Up" button and take a nap/eat a meal/play Pokemon Red on your old clunky Red original Game Boy/ *insert whatever you want to do to kill time here.*

Whatever you do, you'll eventually get him. Just keep trying.

BTW: The above was not on a serious not at all.
    "OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)