Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Worst Episodes Ever

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default The Worst Episodes Ever

Bumping a topic for the hell of it should be against the rules, but I don't see THAT big of a problem with it as long as the reply is thoughtful and on topic. It's better than just remaking this same topic.

My least favorite episode is The Hot Water Battle. Stuff happens, Ash's Pokemon get lost, he saves them, the end.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

How droll. Disco_Cass became smart and deleted his post since he broke the rules. Well, the proof is there in my last post, Disco Cass is the one who bumped this topic up.
    Well it's not really proof since you can type anything in there. Anyway two other people have contributed ideas as well
    Deprived of a semi-colon.

Banned

Default Holy statistics, Batman!

Whoa! Check this out! According to TV Tome, the least-liked episodes are the following (well, out of the stuff that got votes at all):

Indigo 1: #33 The Kangaskhan Kid

Indigo 2: #66 Lights, Camera, Quack-tion!

Orange Islands: #104 Charizard Chills

Johto Journeys: #138 Mild 'n' Wooly

Johto League Champions: #201 Turning Over a New Bayleef

Master Quest: #250 I Politoed Ya So! (though there's only one vote, and that was a zero. Pokémon hater, probably)

Silver Conference: #272 Rival Showdown! Charizard vs. Blastoise (same case. One zero vote.)

Advanced Generation: #282 Goodbye to Team Rocket By a Fury Swipe! (this is the one where J&J release Arbok and Weezing.)

Video Game: Yellow

Movie: Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    ---
    Indigo 1=#1 Pokémon, I Choose You! to #40 March of the Exeggutor Squad
    Indigo 2=#41 The Problem with Paras to #78 Pallet Party Panic
    (Episode #79=Pokémon the First Movie)
    Orange Islands=#80 Holiday Hi-Jynx to #116 A Rivalry Revival
    Johto Journeys: #117 Don't Touch That Dile to #157 The Psychic Sidekick
    Johto League Champions: #158 A Goldenrod Opportunity to #210 Machoke, Machoke Man!
    (Episode #211=Pikachu's PikaBoo)
    Master Quest: #212 The Whirlpool Affair (AKA Around the Whirlpool) to #263 Here's Looking at You, Elekid
    Silver Conference: #264 You're a Star, Larvitar! to #276 The Parting with Pikachu
    Advanced Generation: #277 A New Land, a New Adventure! and so on

And if you want to know, the order of the movies and specials, from most ot least liked are:

Pokémon Heroes
    Pokémon: 4Ever
    Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One
    Raikou
    Mewtwo Returns
    Pokémon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
    Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Banned

What?? How could people hate Charizard Chills?! I loved that episode... They must realize that Charizard would have to like and respect Ash someday. He couldn't just keep ignoring and burning Ash forever... Oh well, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

I would have to agree with Light_Togetic. Charizard Chills is more than just an episode. It's a milestone in the Pokemon Series. For like 100 episodes (don't know the exact number..don't quote me) Charizard and previously Charmeleon were not easy to work with. Then Charizard Chills changed all of this and proved to give Ash an extremely powerful weapon is his Pokemon arsenal!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I dont think anyone has mentioned this, but for worst JLC epp, I'd have to nominate "The Apple Corp". That episode had absolutely no plot! Wow, some Pichu are starved, and they steal fruit, until the owner of the orchard takes a shine to them...

Banned

For crying out loud, Go West Young Meowth is one of the best out there. In fact, the episodes that mostly center around a background review of one of the Team Rocket characters rock. Sure it feels strange with Ash & co. maybe appearing for only a few seconds, but at least it's not the same story over and over like it's been turning into.

"The Kangaskhan Kid" was pretty boring...As for "The Dunsparce Deception", there was one good part about it...James and the Moltres suit strike back! I'm not sure what episode I was bored by the most. I think I fell asleep during "I Politoed You So!". Actually, I forget which episode I had fallen asleep to...

Here's to the hope that Advanced Generation has new plots to offer.

Banned

JLC was the worst >_<. I hated them all except for "Wobba-palooza" and "The Wayward Wobbuffet"

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I loved Go West, Young Meowth. Backstory episodes are wonderful. I'm sure if there was an episode explaining Pikachu's life before he was captured by Oak, people would be falling over themselves in joy.

As for worst episodes...I'm really surprised no one has mentioned "In The Pink" (if that's even the title) yet. That was easily the worst Orange League episode ever. For Indigo, I admit to really disliking the Charmander Capture episode. It has a lot to do with Kid's WB just playing it over and over every day for, like, a week, but it was (aside from Charmander joining the team) a boring episode. The worst Johto episode was obviously the Sunflora one. As for Masterquest...was the Seaking competition part of that?

-- ShockingAlberto
    Press X to run.

Banned

I find it to be very sad that people who can't tell character development from filler have managed to vote Go West... as the worst of Kanto. This episode was brilliant, and I'm absolutely shocked there was only one vote for the utterly pointless and boring "The Pi-Kahunah"

The orange islands, I can't think of any episodes I absolutely hate, but I will point out that the entire season was basically filler. The only diferences at the end were Charizard obeying Ash and Ash's Snorlax.

Johto Journeys: Choose a freaking episode. The first time we saw the Person-with-Pokemon-with-problem storyline (Roll on, Pokemon) it didn't seem so bad. Then we found out that 60% of the episodes of that season would follow the format and only exist to introduce new Pokemon.

Johto League Champions: I'm going with "Two Hits and a Miss" here. It was like the Johto Journey season had returned to bore us again.

Master Quest: I enjoyed this season greatly. However, there is one glaring hole in the season: A Tyrouge Full of Trouble. Aside from 4Kids' stupid dubbing mistakes, it had a JJ "Let's get a new Pokemon in here and have some problem with it!" feel to it.

argh... it's spelled TyROGUE... he ain't rouge

sorry, had to get that off my chest.. now to add something worthwhile...

I didn't like Orange or Johto much either. Yay!

Banned

Late Indigo SUCKED. Everything from the episode where Horsea left to the Indigo League were bad episodes, except some like the Movie Episodes.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Well, I didn't like later Indigo as much as Season 1 (I'm sure everyone agrees there), but I kinda liked the Pokémon League episodes... all but "Fire and Ice", that is. And "Pallet Party Panic" was cool, because the Pidgeot scene was really sweet. Other than that, yeah, it was mostly repetitive, and seemed to pave the way for the rise of the Johto Journeys pattern.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

In general, I think the writers do the best they can. They are still attempting to cater to the younger audience, who ironically don't seem to have as many people who care as the older generation. They're doing the best they can, though. Still, I was disappointed at all the Johto fillers. I guess it took them a while to plan Hoenn, so they had to stall for Johto. I can understand that, I just wish it would have gone faster. I'm still shocked that we spent three years in Johto alone. It boggles the mind. 8/
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

I actually don't hate any of the episodes, well maybe there are a couple.

I really don't even like Meowth Rules. Sure, there was some emotion between Meowth and Jesse/James but this episode was really boring. I mean sure Meowth is awesome but it just didn't cut it.

Adding to my list is The Psychic Sidekick, and I am sorry if there are any fans of this. This episode was a little good at some points but it got boring. The only cool part of it was seeing Future Sight but that's all.

Another one to the list has to be Current Events. Ash gets trapped in a power plant. He has to navigate around trying to get out. He has to avoid Electric pokemon and Jigglypuff. Somehow this episode wasn't that great to me.

Xatu the Future is another bad episode. I mean a episode about a flood is not that great. I mean a flood in one area was boring. If it was a flood that would have covered the whole Johto Region, yes that would have been exciting but these one was duel.

I have to add One Trick Phony to the list also. Sure, Ash gets to battle but it is just another excuse to bring back the evolutions of Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. And hasn't the whole pokemon won't obey them been done before? It started with The Ultimate Test and then it went on to Control Freak and then it continued on with One Tricky Phony.

And my last "opinionated" addition is Stage Fight. This might just be the Orange Island version of "Air Time" but it wasn't that awesome. I mean humans that can use their voices to make it seem that pokemon can talk.

I do like Air Time. That episode was hillarious. I also like Go West Young Meowth.

But note that all of my choices for the worst episodes are my opinion only.

The crystal onix SUCKED CIRCLES!

Guess Who's Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'd have to say Xatu the Future was one of the stupidest episodes ever. It was boring, poitnless, and a butt to write a guide for.
    The Lord of the Pokemasters
    Winner of the Best Comedy GoldenPen Award!

Make Me Lose My *Pant Pant*
    8)ALL ITALIAN BABY!8)
    LOL AT OLD SCHOOL SIGNATURE!

The worst episode that has ever been created...according to me...is the Kanghaskan Kid.

KidsWB just tortured Kanghashan as a pokemon.

Banned

Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
    Most of Johto's fillers (Donphan, Ledyba, Bellossom, Sunflora, etc...)
    I agree!

LOL

I really liked Xatu te Futre. It was intresting! And that Melvin one, I found really nice.

Go West Young Meowth was cool too!

That Natu one has got to be the MOST BORING ONE EVER!!

The three Lugia ones were exciting. OH! And the Red Garados OWNED!!

Banned

Here are a few recent episodes that I didn't like:

As Clear as Crystal:
    This episode just wasn't interesting. Yeah, Zapdos was in it, but the plot just wasn't that great.

Enlighten Up!
    I think any episode based on Slowpoke or Slowbro is bad. Plus, the whole "enlightenment" thing really annoyed me.

Beauty is Skin Deep:
    This episode was just to introduce Clair and to have her Dratini evolve into a Dragonair. Nothing else really interesting happened in this episode.

That's all I can think of for now.

Banned

I'll be honest, I hated ALOT of the popular episodes on this board, including the Battle Park episode and the Red Gyarados arc, I just found them overhyped I guess. It's funny that half of the most hated eps (Meowth Rules, Xatu the Future) I actually liked the most.

Banned

OMG, my new least favorite episode is "A Crowning Achievement". That had to be one of the worst episodes in the whole SERIES.