Thread: Dream of the Archer- Sign ups

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Dream of the Archer- Sign ups

I think that, if I don't have something to post for, I'm going to bloody die... So, I may as well get this thing going, huh? Won't start until next week, I can promise you that.

Oh, and JT can't sign up until he posts in both B&M and Quid, Quis, Quidne. :biggrin:

[color=teal]Dream of the Archer

Wayfaring warrior soul - still wild
    The archer stands
    Arrow measured to the goal - sing of
    Strong and living man
    In his mind there is a vision wand’ring
    Through the forest town
    Telling of riches only given if through
    The woods the way is found

Crying, "Ah! beautiful dancers ...wake up
    From your sleep!
    Ahhh gentle romancers...drink of love
    So sweet!"

Treasure glowing in their eyes - forest
    Deepens dark their dream
    Keep to the pathway he advise the woods
    Are more than they might seem
    Heed you now the apparition bending never
    Ending sounds
    Call you into her mystery - are your eyes
    Not sparkling now?

Sighing "Ahh! take you no warning -
    Make no foolish fight
    Ahh, think not of morning - lie here
    Through the night!"

"Beauty take us!" they call "In my arms!"
    They hear her say
    Silken web falls - mist illusion rips away
    Helpless! helpless! now they scream
    Helpless on the path he stands
    And awakens from his dream singing string
    Beneath his hand

Gentle archer ages old - release the aim
    Free the goal
    Roll your arrow to my soul - release the aim
    Free the goal

"No!" The girl yelled, slamming her fist on the table. The flagons of mead rattled and the candle shook from the force of the blow; several of the tavern patrons threw her nasty looks.

"Keep it down, will ye?" the barmaid scolded.

"Sorry," the girl murmured, not looking very sorry at all. "Look, we can't wait for the royal troops to make it to the coast; the size of a force needed to push the enemy back would make it too slow, and someone needs to reach the coast by midsummer. the army won't make it until early fall at best, and by then it would be too late!"

"And if we go, our chances are better how?" one of her companions asked. "Regeane, we're no match for professional soldiers, and to be frank, I'd rather stay at home and wait to be overrun by the barbarians than run off and bash my head out against their front lines."

"We're not going to fight them, we're going to sneak through and get to the coast! From there, we'll head to the Crystal Isle."

"If it even exists," another companion interjected. "Genie, why are you so obsessed about this? OK, so you have some wierd abilities and can pick a lock or two, Aldrich and the guys can bash a few heads in ectetra. Honestly, why do you believe that we can journey from here all the way to the coast, through hostile territory, find a place that may or may not exist and save our homeland? We're not legendary heroes, and there haven't been any for centuries. It's a nice thought but the Age of Heroes is well over. Even if the Tale of the Archer is true, who's to say that the bloodline still exists?"

Regeane pulled a chain necklace from beneath her shirt; on it was a clear key. Her first companion groaned.

"Not the bloody key again..."

"Oi, what's that?" Another companion reached out and held the key still.

"It's nothing but a glass key, some little trinket that Regeane was found with when she was a baby. I've told her a million times that it's nothing, but she won't listen to me. I've even tried to have Mum take it from her, but it didn't work."

"Just because you're doubtful doesn't mean you're right," Regeane shot back at her foster brother.

"That's enough, you two. In theory, if we were to go and attemt this, would we make it in time? Even you'd have to admit, Genie, if we couldn't get there before midsummer there's little point in trying," the third companion pointed out.

"You're just encouraging her, Aeryn," grumbled the foster brother.

"Oh, yes," Regeane said happily, pulling a dagger from her sleeve and motioning about at the map in front of her. "This is were we are, of course; a direct journal by foot would take a few weeks, going through the mountains here and passing through Alderford on the other side. Them we'd go through-"

"Alderford Forest. Dad went through them once... Says 'e wouldn't do it again, not for all the gold in the world. Powerful magick, there, the whole bloody place being cursed and all. Me dad's not one to scare easily, neither," cut in the third companion.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Cutting through the forest is the quickest route to the ocean, though... Anyway, I don't see much point in worrying about it until we know all of our options-"

A man burst through the tavern door, dripping blood from his chest where a crossbow bolt had pierced deeply. "Soldiers!" he gasped. "They're coming, run!"

"Aldrich!" Regeane cried, leaping to her feet and running to the man's side. He staggered forward and fell to the floor.

Regeane turned him over with slight difficulty and brushed the sweat-drenched hair from his eyes. "No..." she whispered. "Please, don't die, Aldrich, please..."

Aldrich smiled weakly, his breath coming in short gasps. "Genie... love, get out of here. I'm all ready done for, don't risk yourself." He took her hand, the hand where his betrothal band glittered on her finger. "Don't forget me, love, but... don't forget to live... You'll make a fine wife for some lucky man someday... but it seems... my luck has... run out..."

"No, you'll be fine!" Regeane sobbed, tears pouring down her face. Aldrich gently brushed them from her eyes and pressed his scabbard into her hands.

"Genie, get out of here... If not for yourself... then for me. Don't... forget to live... Genie... I love you..." his voice trailed off with his last breath.

Regeane screamed, struggling against her friends who dragged her from the tavern into the trees at the edge of the village. Flame licked higher and brighter into the night as homes and shops burned; screams rent the peaceful air as women and children were ridden down and brutally murdered as thier husbands and fathers tried in vain to protect them. The barbarians were creeping farther inland... and there was no one to stop them.

The Rules:

1) I'm playing Regeane, Aeryn is reserved for Asilynne, and Aldrich is dead, so don't ask.

2) Everyone is human.

3) Each character will have a corrosponding element and species; no, I won't tell you what that's for just yet.

4) There isn't really a rule four yet, but I'm sure that I'll think of one soon.

The Sign Up

Name:
    Class: (healer, warrior, rogue, ect.)
    Skills: (should correspond to your class)
    Physical Description:
    Personality:
    Element and species: (Again, your character is human, so this isn't your character species. This is for something else that I'll get to later. Elements may not repeat, but species may within reason. Elements are Wind, Earth, Water, Fire, Light, and Dark. If you want a different one, PM me first for approval.)
    Weapon(s) of choice:
    Relationships:
    Other:

EDIT: FINISHED! August 24, 2005, 12:10:35 PM

Name: Regeane
    Class: rogue/mage
    Skills: pick-pocketing, picking locks, picking friends (haha... sorry), evasion, other rogue-ish things; mild magickal skill which really hasn't developed yet
    Physical Description: Tall (6'1") and slender, her skin is a light olive tone and her facial structure is exotic. She doesn't look like any of the people of her village, or her country, for that matter. Some say she looks like an ancient race from long ago, some just say that she's foriegn. Her eyes are icy blue and angular, her cheek bones are high, her nose is small and straight, and her lips are full and sensuous (not to mention pouty when she doesn't get her way). Her light build makes her very acrobatic and agile; she's a fast runner and can move without a sound. She wears typical peasant garb over a fitted outfit of black leather pants and top.
    Personality: Headstrong, unpredictable, quirky, impulsive, and playful, Regeane is a handful and then some. When she was younger, she constantly cause havok and would often be labled a trouble-maker. As she got older, her tricks became more elaborate but less damaging to people and property. She loved to pick the pockets of villagers in the market and hand them their own belongings later on. Her foster mother tried to get her interested in boys, but that only caused more chaos, as she excelled at instigation and giving people the slip. Aldrich was the only person ever able to "control" her in any way, and only then very slightly.
    Element and species: Stellar and elven
    Weapon(s) of choice: light blades (daggers, short swords, sais, ect.), with slight proficiency with long and short bows.
    Relationships: Was engaged to Aldrich the blacksmith, now deceased, and is/was the foster daughter of the town baker, and therefore foster sister to Aeryn; friends of Gael, Marek and Lyia.
    Other: She's an orphan; no one knows where she came from or who she is. The only clue is the key, which doesn't mean anything at this point.

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

A serious brain-f*** Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dream of the Archer- Sign ups

Name: Gael
    Class: warrior
    Skills: swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat, stealth, tracking (might think of some more later)
    Physical Description: http://www.celebrity-exchange.com/ce...hristensen.jpg
    Personality: he's...well he's odd. He suffers from mood swings, very unpredictable mood swings. Either way, he has a battle thirst and will never shy away from a fight, no matter who it's with. Despite how he appears, he has a tendancy of doing silly things and saying silly things - within reason of course. He'll generally try to cheer people up when their down and keep people's spirits lifted all round. But when his mood shifts he becomes an almost completely different person. He becomes withdrawn and moody and tends to shy away from the rest of the group.
    Element and species: Dark and Dragon
    Weapon(s) of choice: Katana ( )
    Relationships: friends with Regeane(??)
    Other: has unknown history which will cause complications (o.O)
    WANTED:

One signature.
    Experience preferred although training will be provided.
    Witty slogans only, please.

Imooto-deshi says:
    "BEEEE A ROUGE TOMATO"

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Name: Lyia
    Class: Mage/Healer
    Skills: Talks to animals (or thinks she can), keeping 'peace' amongst friends, healing very minor things (she hasn't learned how to fully properly heal much yet...), and she's got some basic defensive magick skills as well, but like her healing powers they are underdeveloped.
    Physical Description: [See Attachment Below] Like that, but excuse the risque picture. She has the same top (a silky white & gold-like cloth, wrapped about her torso like a tube top.) and everything else upon her body is clad in that same way. However, about her hips is a matching, light-materialed skirt which is wrapped about her in the same manner as her top. However there is an open slit-like part in the skirt for easy movement and it exposes her leg a bit. The skirt reaches to about slightly below her knee caps.
    Personality: She's very kind and gentle to everyone... tends to panic very easily at times however. She's reliable and an extremely good friend to anyone. Hates making enemies and tends to think there is good in anyone and anything and that it can be brought out. She's very passive and submissive, so many people in the past have tried taking advantage ofh er. She's niave and pretty much will believe anyone... which again, has gotten her hurt before.
    Element and species: Light and Faey
    Weapon(s) of choice: She doesn't like weapons... prefurs a trident staff (a staff with a bladed trident head) because she learned long ago that it was the best medium for magick users. She likes to throw rocks too.
    Relationships: Any accepted. I'd like to have her be the younger sister to some one... ^_^; Friends obviously with Aeryn and Regeane.
    Other: She's always been passive and has always needed protection. She just refuses to fight and this often has gotten her in trouble, because she'd never fight back reguardless of the circumstances.

[Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Name: Marek (MAH-reck)
    Class: Warrior / Mage
    Skills: Control over pure energy magic, but not the healing kind; he currently has only slight control over it, but basically he's the opposite of Lyia while still being the same. He's also unnaturally strong for his muscles, something he doesn't think much of.
    Physical Description: Tall and slim, but still with a fair bit of muscle; he's about 6'1" with a good 160 lbs. of muscle (not fat). For clothes he wears a simple, red cloth tunic over a chain-mail shirt and not-quite-white undershirt, a pair of thick black pants made of a leathery material, and a pair of black boots from the same material. He has a heavy brown belt around his waist that both keeps his tunic on and holds his tonfas when he's not using them (one on either side of his waist).
    Personality: Down-to-earth, most of the time, but it isn't really that hard to get him to lighten up when it's not a serious time. He's very patient with a lot of people, unless they've really pushed him too far. Then he gets quite mad, but he still stays in control of himself. He never gets mad at his sister Lyia anymore, though, no matter how much she annoys him.
    Element and species: Fire and Dark Elf (a.k.a. Drow)
    Weapon(s) of choice: Dual Tonfas (I'm addicted to these things, lol); they're a pair of solid metal tonfas, strong enough to at least resist all weaponry, but light enough to be swung around easily. They aren't really sharp, but when used properly can still be deadly.
    Relationships: The older brother of Lyia (and consequently friends with Aeryn and Regeane), he's quite often the one that has to save her from trouble she gets herself into. He's also usually the one to insist she do things the "proper" way, though there are some times he knows there's no way to convince her otherwise on a trivial matter, and knows it'd be faster to do what she wants first before doing other stuff (even if the other stuff is more important).
    Other: Hm, I think I'm done, unless there's something else…
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Name: Aeryn the Dreamer
    Class: Druid (like in D&D)
    Skills: Tracking, animal affinities, nature type magics. Ability to speak with animals (asking Drus approval on this one lol) Climbing trees, basically anything outdoor and nature related, also plays the ocarina.
    Physical Description: *is too lazy to oekaki* Like the attachment, only minus the wolf stuff obviously lol If not barefoot, she likes to go around with straw sandals
    Personality: Mellow and calm most of the time, shes the type that loves to teach people, is very intellegent. Likes to watch and observe whats going on before jumping right in. Gets mad in a quiet sort of way, so you wouldnt know your in trouble until she strikes. Very loyal and dependable. If youve ever played Tales of Symphonia, this is a Raine type character
    Element and species: Water/Wolf
    Weapon(s) of choice: A runed staff, also has a quiver of short spears
    Relationships: Open, I dont mind being the bakers daughter either
    Other: Nothing else ATM
    Last edited by Asilynne; 10th December 2008 at 06:44 PM.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

One post down. I will be working on the other one tonight/tomorrow. I would like to at least submit a reserve for the Earth element with ogre for the species.

Edit- Since I have now posted in both B&M and QQQ I shall now post my form here.

Name: Titan
    Class: Barbarian
    Skills: unparalleled strength, he dual wield's two-handed weapons, battle tactics and strategy, he can drink an entire platoon of men under the table
    Physical Description: Titan is very very tall and has a very broad and notably muscular build. He's a mountain of a man with not an ounce of fat on him. His hair is long and golden brown, tied back in a warrior's braid. He has a goatee/stache that is perfectly groomed which somehow seems odd for him. He wears pants sewn from bear skins and moccasins upon his feet. He wears no shirt but a pair of thick leather straps criss-cross his chest, with weapons loaded to bare on them front and back. He carries his belongings in a large duffle-like bag that a normal man couldn't even nudge, let alone pick up. He has a scar running across his chest that is almost as wide as a fist.
    Personality: On the surface he is very loud and boastful. He often gives the appearance of being a bit drunk by how little he seems to think before he talks. Underneath, however, his mind is always working, weighing the situation, measuring strengths and weaknesses. It seems evident that he doesn't care a lick whether he lives or dies but he does seem to care a great deal for a good fight. Those few who know him well learn that it is quite common for him to act one way while he is truly thinking something completely different. He makes it easy to underestimate himself in spite of his vastly intimidating build.
    Element and species: Earth/Ogre
    Weapon(s) of choice: He believes in using different weapons for different situations. He seems to favor dual warhammers, dual waraxes, and dual claymores though.
    Relationships: none yet. It is possible some may have heard of him as he is a prominent mercenary but he hasn't previously met anyone from the group. He just decided to join them once he caught word of a group heading for the coast to head off the barbarian invasion. He doesn't believe a word of any of the myths and legends.
    Other:

Banned

Name: Kalain
    Class: Summoner
    Skills: Able to summon creatures from the otherworld.
    Physical Description:Not to big physical wise. Has a tanned skin. Has brown eyes. Wears a black and gold fancy hooded cloak. You can't see his face, but you can see long brown hair. He is a mysterious and shady character.
    Personality: Helps those in need, but doesn't show much emotion. He has a deep, gentle and understanding voice which stays that way even when he is making a threat.
    Element and species: Wind and Falcon
    Weapon(s) of choice: Either a staff or hands to summon a creature. Will use a chain sythe as a last resort.
    Relationships: Currently none.
    Other:None.

I love your RPs Drusilla.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*hums* Yay for school! :biggrin:

sesshomaru, I will let you have wind, even though I had all ready taken it; I'll go for something else.

*gives JT a cookie* OK, then.

Asi, looks good.

VP, you could just leave it at mage, if you like. Otherwise, OK... lol, Drow, there's a bit of a stretch, but that's fine. Everyone loves the Drow!

Kalah, fix teh tag? Otherwise, it's good.

Other characters can be added, I just wanted to get the bases covered for the typical elements. Elements aren't required, either, so... yeah. I just wanted to have them all used.

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    Done done! ^_^ Great rpg Dru, can't wait for it to start.
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Okay...I meant to sign-up for this earlier but...hey! Only one thing...After Thursday, I'm gonna be gone until at least Bank Holiday Monday...thats next Monday...otherwise known as the 29th of August...if that's not a problem, then I'll be very happy! As soon as I get back, posts will be written and promptly posted! If I'm gonna be too late, just let me know and I'll remove the sign-up, yah?

Anyway, after all that rambling...here it is! lol

[COLOR=silver]Name: Saan Reyl
    Class: Ranger
    Skills: Tracking, stealth, good relations with animals, herbal recognition, point blank shot, (as in Neverwinter Nights...for some reason, this RP reminds me of that! lol) very skilled with a longbow.
    Physical Description: Saan is tall and slender, usually towering over most at just over 6ft. She has long straight hair the colour of an autumn day. That is, burnt orange and deep reds. Think leaves! Her eyes are soft brown and gentle, showing her love for nature in the way that they light up with joy whenever she’s in a foresty area.
    Saan has a tendency to walk about barefooted and she wears a simple, figure-hugging brown robe-like garment, tied about the waist with an embroidered green belt.
    Personality: Saan is gentle and kind but she has a proud streak that can make her seem aloof at times. She loves nature and all things living and she keeps lots of plants in her home. When she walks barefooted, Saan is completely silent and it isn’t an odd sight to see her padding through the trees with an animal of some kind at her heels.
    Element and species: Demal ( They are a winged race. Slightly Elven in appearance,, they don't really differ from humans in many ways other than the fact that they have wings! They make good Rangers because of an affinity with natural and growing things and they are extremely agile and quick. Although the Demal are a proud race, they make friends easily and are truly loyal.)
    Element: Nature?
    Weapon(s) of choice: Longbow and arrows.
    Relationships: Saan is the friend of Lyia, although she sees her as more of a delicate person who needs to be looked after than a 'friend' as such...also, Saan is Aeryn's older sister, although only her elder by three years, she looks out for her sister and shows great love for her.
    Other: Erm...nothing at the moment!

--------------------------------------------

Edited my form...is Nature an okay element, Dru?

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Element? Erm... Season? Ranger... physical description... yeah, if you like, that might work... As for being gone, it's all good. If we can get JT to post once every five weeks, we'll be doing very well...

*wanders off in a daze*

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hrm, double post, but oh well. I've FINALLY completed my sign-up; if there are no more by Friday, then we'll start... but I'd like to see a few more people.