Thread: giving some new pokemon a spin...

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default giving some new pokemon a spin...

so, from myy earliest r/b/y g/s/c days, i've trained the same pokemon, over and over, and even with Fr and Lg i've chosent he same path, as well as Ruby

arcanine
    articuno
    vaporeon
    venasaur
    mew
    lapras
    kangaskhan
    dragonite
    Altaria
    Pikachu

somewhere along those lines

now with my emerald game, i've decided to go all out and train some pokemon that i haven't given a mere glance to

my team right now stands like this

Mudkip lv 15
    Lombre lv 14
    Taillow lv 16
    Shroomish lv 13
    and i just caught an Aron lv 11

i was wondering if taillow, shroomish, or aron were worth training. i think i'm confortable with Lombre, i really do love him, and when he evolved i was so happy. eee!

thank you!

Default Re: giving some new pokemon a spin...

In my experience Swellow is just like Pidgeot. Good early on but lacks the tactical punch nearer the end.

Aron however is awesome. A real tank he can take alot of physical punishment and learn some interesting attacks (including Aerial Ace) to take out Fighting types that go against it.

Shroomish ive never trained so i wouldnt know though if your going to have a Lombre/Ludicolo theres no real need for it in the team.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Aggron isn't worth it compared to Rhydon, Skarmory, and certain other Rock or Steel types. That 4x weakness to Fighting and Ground is a big no-no especially when those two types are so common.

Shroomish is your best bet. Train it to lv. 54 for Spore then evolve it and teach it Focus Punch and you've got a monster on your hands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

Banned

aragornbird is right aron steel/rock combo can come at quite a few disadvantages, but it is also correct in saying that aron and his later evolution, Aggron, is a tank that can deal some hefty damage.

right now i'm training an Aggron and i have overcome those certain disadvantages. Swellow's fast and that can help it but other flying pokemon are better imo.

shroomish is good i especially like his evo, but i do not know too much about lombre and ludicolo except that he is really annoying in XD. ;P

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Well what you have just metioned is close to what my normal line up is.

I think that Aron is a great pokemon because it looks cool and has great attacks and if you get on with rock head it even better cause it doesn't take damage from take down.

While Swellow is a great pokemon as well since it is a flyer and has wicked speed

While shroomish looks cute and has a great range of attacks and gets better when it evolves

So from my perspective yuor line up is pretty good

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Banned

Shroomish is very nifty, because when it evolves its grass and fighting. Swellow, like Ultimate Charizard said, is very useful till you get to victory road or alittle before it. I've never used lombre or ludicolo.Shroomish is good at the beginning,and breloom(its evolved form) is very awesome,till you get to the elite four,than it has some problems