Default What does Macho Brace Do?!

^ Topic. Thanks in advance.

Banned

doubles effort points gained every lvl

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I feel like a newbie, but oh well better late than never. What do you mean by effort points. Are they like special attack is 35
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

Where do you get the macho brace?

Winstrate family above Mauville.

Banned

So, after you fight them, who do you talk to?

Banned

The old hag who said she would smack you.

Banned

Hey, can you just equip the macho brace right before the pokemon grows levels and still reap the benefits or do you have to have it on for a while?

Banned

Umm...Macho brace "raises attack at the cost of speed"...
    it's not an effort point booster. Otherwise, Hariyama's speed is higher than 86 at lvl 40 because EVERYTHING seems to out-run my Breloom with the brace..

It's like this...

When your Pokemon grows a level, his stats get boosted, except Speed. Speed gets a below normal boost. Eg, you grow another level, and all of your stats are raised by 4 points, except Speed, which is raised 1 point.

I think that's how it works.

Anyway, I attached it to my Grovyle at level 27, and he's a level 50 Sceptile now, and Proteins, Zincs, etc. don't work on him. Hmm....I think the Macho Brace did that, but I'm not sure.

None have answered this quite right yet.

Alright,

Macho Brace doubles the amount of Effort Points you recieve from the opponent's pokemon, saving you time in maxing out your Effort Points by reducing the number of battles you have to fight. The disadvantage is, that it reduces your speed by half while you're wearing it, so the speed reduction is NOT PERMANENT.

This explains why Muffin Man's Breloom can't keep up and Carbonite4's Sceptile can't take vitamins, his Effort Points are likely to be maxed or close to being maxed.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: What does Macho Brace Do?!

Quote Originally Posted by :: One :: View Post

Alright,

Macho Brace doubles the amount of Effort Points you recieve from the opponent's pokemon, saving you time in maxing out your Effort Points by reducing the number of battles you have to fight. The disadvantage is, that it reduces your speed by half while you're wearing it, so the speed reduction is NOT PERMANENT.

This explains why Muffin Man's Breloom can't keep up and Carbonite4's Sceptile can't take vitamins, his Effort Points are likely to be maxed or close to being maxed.
    I agree with that answer as well.

Banned

I think it has to do with the time you leave it on there...

I once gave it to my Rayquaza and left it there for a few days in my party (It became my designated FLYer) using it in battle here and there...when it finally reached level 71, its stats exploded (7 Special Attack points in one level?... ) I think it slowly but surely increases the amount of stat points you'll gain when a pokemon levels up. Putting the Macho Brace on right before it levels up does absolutly nothing. It takes about a day for a stat to go up by one point due to the Macho Brace. If it allowed double points when it leveled up at the cost of only 3/4ths of its speed(At ;east that's what I think, considering Rayquaza was unable to outrun a Walrein and Registeel at level 51 couldn't even escape from a Magikarp...), it would be a little too cheap...

Banned

Originally posted by :: One ::

Alright,

I can second this.

Banned

macho braces does the same thing as Pokerus except the Pokerus also double the effort points for speed.

Don't confuse anyone Kohdok I'm 110% correct in my answer. Period.

Banned

Originally posted by :: One ::
    Don't confuse anyone Kohdok I'm 110% correct in my answer. Period.
    Right, so does anyone know if it matters whether you put it on right before a pokemon is about to go up a level? Or do you have to keep it on for a while like Kohdok says?

Banned

So I can put it on something, train it to level 100, then take it off and speed will be normal, as if I had trained it uo normally, but the other stats will be higher than normal, as if i had used vitamins on it?

2. So if i leave macho brace on until level 100, it would have raised all stats more except speed, staying normal, and had used speed raising vitamins earlier, all of it's stats will be well rounded and high?

Just to clear it up, thx.

Banned

Now, the Macho Brace ONLY reduces the speed while in battle (like if you have been attacked by a Scary Face or something prior the fight), but still collects the EV for speed, thus, NOT modifiing the final value of it. This means that if your poke has 120 Speed points and it´s wearing the macho, his speed drops to 60, BUT, let´s assume that he defeats -something that gives 3 Effort Points for speed-, he´ll still receive the 6 points for Speed, so, if he grews up ,let´s assume that his speed climbs to 162 thx to the 6 EV previously received, but if he still haves the macho, the "in battle" speed will be of 81, going up to 162 after you remove the macho.

In other words, as far as i know, Macho Brace it´s not perjudicial at all...

Now, about "the it won´t have any effect with vitamins", that is because vitamins in RBYGSC boosted the stat experience of the Pokey, instead, now each vitamin boosts the Effort Points/Value of the matching stat by 10 points. This mean that if you want an EV of 88 in attack, you´ll have to give your poke 8 Protein and then fight 8 pokes (max) for the remaining points.
    BUT, you cannot give a poke more than 10~11 (this means between 100 and 110 EV in that stat) vitamins per stat, neither being allowed to give him more than 51 Vitamins (or the top of 510 EVs).

Hope that helped...and that someone understanded it O.o

Banned

So apart for the temporary in-battle drop in speed there is no 'negative' to equiping a PKMN with the macho brace?

In fact it's best to use it on your PKMN as soon as you get it for as long as you can?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Alright,

I agree with that answer as well.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Posting in a 5 year-old topic, double-posting, agreeing with yourself which suggests multiple accounts...

Yep, you'll be banned soon, too. The joys of increased activity on TPM never stop...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Moderator Moderator

Closing thread...
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!