Thread: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Hybrid View

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

It's fine to say that after the gag has been revealed, Andrew, but have you thought about what could have happened before? What if a person that was pranked was having a horrible day and was an overall unstable person, and then took the joke too seriously? What if he/she did something awful like committing suicide? This is an unlikely thing to happen, but would you be so cold-hearted as to say that the person deserved to commit suicide for being a fool, because he/she should have just gotten over the "harmless" April Fool's joke?

Roy - I'm sure that different people would have reacted differently. It may be a compliment for some people to have been included. Maybe Blademaster and the others are happy about it now that they know, maybe they are not. However, to avoid a similar fiasco next year, maybe it would be better to really think about each person's personalities and consider their reactions before using them in a prank that they do not know about. I know that you guys did not intentionally want to hurt other people's feelings, and I commend such elaborate planning for the joke. But the things I've been saying about human nature are true, as far as I can tell. We are animals. We are. And when threatened, our survival instincts kick in, even if it takes just a moment to realize that we have been pranked. Some will laugh about it. Some won't realize that it's a prank. It doesn't matter that it's April Fool's day, it doesn't matter that this is a pokémon forum, humans will be what they are. And that's where the danger lies.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 1st April 2009 at 07:39 PM.
    ~ Lune ~