Thread: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Hybrid View

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Lune - If someone's going to commit suicide over a Pokemon board....

Well.... Lols.

It's not our problem to worry about the mental health of each and every person on a Pokemon board. You should also be skeptical on April Fools of anything.

Edit - FP, I understand your POV. I think they took offense with the more explicitly sexual nature of your posts.
    Last edited by Andrew; 1st April 2009 at 07:43 PM.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Lune - If someone's going to commit suicide over a Pokemon board....

Well.... Lols.

It's not our problem to worry about the mental health of each and every person on a Pokemon board. You should also be skeptical on April Fools of anything.
    I've been trying not to insult you, Andrew, but that is a rather shallow statement. Have you ever tried stepping into someone else's shoes? If your actions caused someone to commit suicide, are you saying that you were not responsible? Is it so difficult to just avoid doing hurtful things?

Also - have you really been reading what I've been saying? I've mentioned several times that some people will not realize that it's April Fool's day. It happens.

Not everyone is like you. Not everyone thinks like you. And it appalls me that you care so little about other people's happiness that you think that everything that amuses you, should amuse them too.
    ~ Lune ~

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

The funny thing is, I'm not even telling the moderators to apologize. I'm not trying to create drama. I'm trying to suggest things to avoid future drama, and I've been trying to do so constructively. I even gave reasons and explanations as to why this joke might have gone over so poorly in the first place. I was not offended by the joke, but it is not difficult to view the perspective of others and understand why they might have been offended.

And Roy Karrde is correct, when I saw Gabi's Announcement it was not yet the 1st for me so I was confused for a bit, but I realized that the time zone was more advanced for some people.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 1st April 2009 at 07:56 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

If it makes you happy to think that, think as you please.

Anyway, back on topic - A summary since my previous posts may have been filled with extraneous material. Good preparations. Really. It's impressive how much thought and time was put into setting up this joke. Just be sure that if people are being personally pranked, they have a warning, or they are the type that won't be bothered by that kind of thing. This kind of joke really had potential, and it's a pity that this year's failure might scare you guys off from pulling this kind of thing in the future. But if you ever do formulate such a prank again, please remember that different people react differently to situations.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 1st April 2009 at 08:17 PM.
    ~ Lune ~