Thread: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

Threaded View

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: April Fools! Although you already guessed!

It would have worked better if you'd let in on the secret those who would potentially have been offended, especially star players like Blademaster. I'd assumed from his actions that you had informed him beforehand of the joke, and that he was just playing along. I actually kind of admired the setup you guys had that required weeks of planning in advance, for that reason. But to see that Blade was not informed at all about this, well, that was a little bit of poor insight on your part.

When stuff shows up to frustrate people, they don't really keep track of the date. If I may make a suggestion for future pranks, you should tell the sacrificial lambs in question about the prank beforehand so that they can play along and not overreact. Not everyone is aware of April Fool's Day, especially not when something inflames him/her. When I quit my modding job and left the forum I posted my goodbye (accidentally) on April Fool's Day and nobody believed me - the converse is also true, if someone sees something personally offensive he/she is not going to think "Hey, it's April Fool's Day. That's probably a prank."

*shrug* I applaud the elaborate planning, but perhaps take people's feelings into consideration next time?

It's a pity though, I had to leave for school after I made that long post so I didn't get to see the results before you guys removed the threads. I was hoping to see some mods play along and argue a bit. It was rather unrealistic and difficult to believe that every single mod would turn on Gabi and not a single person would support her so I tried to add some balance to that =/ But I think you made the right decision to end the joke early, considering that Blademaster was seriously thinking about leaving. Really, it would have been a great prank if only you had told the people you used about it.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 1st April 2009 at 05:48 PM.
    ~ Lune ~