I posted this on a different forum and it practically became an instant hit the moment I did so. I finally figured it's about time I posted it here. The challenge is to beat any of the hand-held Pokémon games with only 6 Pokémon in your party. However, when I originally posted this challenge the ground rules were... mixed up to say the least, so I'll lay them out now before anyone asks them.

Basic Rules
1. Besides your Starter Pokémon, a Legendary Pokémon must be a part of your party. The only game exempt from this rule is Emerald.

2. Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver players must go through Kanto and defeat Red to complete the challenge thoroughly.

3. The Gym Leaders must defeated the following order for the various games:
Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green - Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni
Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Claire, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Erika, Misty, Janine, Brock, Blaine, Blue/Green
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate & Liza, Wallace/Juan
Diamond/Pearl - Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner
Platinum - Roark, Gardenia, Fantina, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Byron, Candice, Volkner

4. No use of cheat codes or glitches of any kind. GameShark is also forbidden. Strategy guides of all kinds are legal to use.

5. No releasing any captured Pokémon you have. What you've caught is what you're stuck with for the challenge, so catch wisely.

6. Trading with other trainers is legal. However, the trading section has it's own set of rules that will be separated from the basic ones.

Trading Rules
1: In-game trading is legal so long as you catch the appropriate Pokémon to trade with the in-game OT yourself.

2: Trade-backs are legal so long as one of your Pokémon evolves via trade.

3: If trading via trade-back, no items may be traded along with the Pokémon, unless they evolve via trade plus specific item.

4: For Diamond/Pearl players, the GTS may be used to trade with any random OT a max of 3 times.

5: The traded Pokémon must participate in one event battle, one Gym Leader battle, and one Elite 4 battle.

6: No trading Legendary Pokémon, special event Pokémon, or starter Pokémon.

7: No trading via Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, or Pokémon Battle Revolution.

A list of optional Pokémon, beside Legendaries, will be posted later. If anyone wants to attempt this challenge, feel free to do so. If there are any questions, feel free to ask.