Thread: 6 Pokémon run challenge

Hybrid View

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: 6 Pokémon run challenge

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll View Post
    Sure you can have an HM slave or two, but that would just increase the difficulty even further, wouldn't it?
    How is having 6 or less Pokemon difficult in the first place? Do you have any idea how easy it is to sweep a Pokemon game with just your starter, let alone a starter and a LEGENDARY?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, around here we regularly have Monotype Challenges where all of your battling pokémon must have a certain element (dual-types are your weapon against your chosen type's weaknesses. For example, if you do a Water monotype, you'll probably want Gyarados to shrug off Grass attacks and Quagsire, Swampert or Whiscash to nuke Electric-types.) Most participants in those just have three or four battlers, and then HMers. Your challenge is far more lax than we're used to, except that not only are you forbidding the trading of Starters, you're requiring us to make in-game use of a Legend. That'll confuse a few folks.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It was a good idea when I originally posted it on the other forum. Can you blame me for trying it out here? ...Wait, don't answer that... At least try the challenge out before you knock it. The challenge, more or less, is to test not only your advanced strategy planning skills or whatever, but to restrain all those people who like to catch Pokémon for novelty's sake, or just because you need to fill out your Pokédex completely, which, believe me, I fall into both those categories, despite not being a hardcore Pokémon player.
    Last edited by DivineAll; 14th November 2009 at 02:48 AM.