Thread: Make A Wish GTS

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Make A Wish GTS

Hi guys! I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not?

However! I stumbled across this awesome thing a few weeks back and I thought some people might be interested in it: the Make A Wish GTS.

The basic gist of this thing is: it works as an online storage space, and also as a resource for free giveaways of legit pokemon (usually shiny) and event pokemon you might have missed. The site cycles through the pokemon daily, but they have an RSS feed and you can move anything you want into your storage for later.

The idea is that you sign up for an account, then all you have to do is change your ISP on your WiFi/connection settings and instead of connecting to Nintendo's GTS it'll connect to Make A Wish instead. When you go inside the place, you will automatically receive a giveaway/event pokemon.

Once you've registered your game code, you can also upload your own pokemon to the online storage space on the side, which you can then use to alter their stats - exp, IVs, EVs, Contest Values, items held, nicknames, and movesets. Once you've saved your changes, you can add the pokemon back to your send queue and it will be sent back to you once you reconnect to the GTS again. I've not done this step myself yet, so I can't walk you through it like I will for the rest, but there's a lot of Help FAQs on the site which should be helpful if you get stuck.

Anyway, here's how to get set up!

- At the top of the page or on the FAQ page, it will tell you the ISP you need to change to in your wireless settings. You can always change this back, so don't worry about it ruining everything.
    - Once you've made the change, connect to the GTS - it will send you the first giveaway/event pokemon on the list, and then the rest of them, in order, for the gen you're using (either gen 4 or gen 5).
    - Once it's gone through the current giveaways, if you're on gen 5 you'll receive a Staryu with a number for a name - this is your game ID, and you need to enter that on the site so they know which game is linked to the GTS. I've not done it for gen 4 so I can't tell you the difference, but there is an FAQ for that so it should be ok.
    - If there's an event/giveaway pokemon on the lists that you want but you don't have chance to get them on that day, press the "add to storage" button, and it will bring up the editable stats section. You can give them any item you like to hold and it'll get taken through into the new game (I will admit, I might have given one of mine a Master Ball ¬_¬).
    - The pokemon cycle on a daily basis, where the oldest two giveaways are replaced with two new ones, and the limited legendaries (or event pokemon) are changed too. Like I mentioned up there, the RSS feed is a really good way of keeping up with it easily (there's a feed reader extension for Chrome now which is really good).

And I think that's it! The legendaries and event pokemon are usually limited to one per game because they're special, but you can get as many of the shinies and unlimited ones as you want. Event pokemon include stuff like the weird movesetted Pikachus that were on the Pokewalker etc. so I got a Flying Pikachu the other day, and there's a Singing one and whatnot.

It's pretty cool! And also, if you use my link at the top to sign up, I'll get Wishes to make, to ask for other pokemon to be on the giveaways. Bonus!

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Make A Wish GTS

That's a pretty nifty site.The online storage part has me intrigued. I'm wondering if I could use that as a 640+ online Pokemon Box....

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

This GTS website definitely looks interesting, to say the least. But there's some questions I have to ask before I decide if registering earlier was really worth it:

First of all, is there any risks to using it, like some potential people that might cheat someone out of a Pokemon?

Second, is there a way to "mark" a Pokemon so that it cannot be (accidentally) taken, that is, if you wanted to tweak certain aspects about the Pokemon before returning it to the appropriate game?

Third, will this website allow trading between two TPMers if they were somehow able to give each other a Pokemon?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Elite Trainer

@DL - As far as I can tell, somewhere on the site says that the pokemon you transfer never actually leave the game? I'm not too sure on that front, but I will admit that's pretty much exactly what I thought about, lol.

@KoT - No one else can access your account, if that's what you mean? It's not like... a free-for-all storage space where everyone's stuff just gets dumped into one. It's all linked up to your own account.

As for your last question, I don't think there's a way to trade between two accounts, other than just getting pokemon from the giveaways FOR someone else. Like, I got a pokemon for someone the other day, and I'll just get it sent to my game and then trade them it at some other point.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I've taken a look at the site and it doesn't say anything about who they are. The contact page has a link for sending donations.

Sounds like someone has cracked the Mystery Gift protocol and used it to give away Pokemon. It would be nice, in a not-quite-legal freebie sort of way, if they weren't trying to make money with it. The way I see it, they're basically profiting from someone else's work. Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is actually endorsed by Nintendo/GameFreak/whatever.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel Overlord View Post
    @KoT - No one else can access your account, if that's what you mean? It's not like... a free-for-all storage space where everyone's stuff just gets dumped into one. It's all linked up to your own account.
    That's not quite what I meant...the big thing I'm worried about here is, if you upload a Pokemon you want to trade away in order to get another Pokemon in exchange, is there the possibility that you won't get the Pokemon you want in exchange (like interrupting a trade right before it's completed)?

I personally think this website may be a double-edged sword...no offence, but while it seems nice, I have this uneasy feeling about its structure.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Elite Trainer

Gabi, the donations thing is only for the server as far as I know. You don't have to donate at all if you don't want to, so I'm pretty sure the person running it isn't making any actual profit.

KoT, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick - you don't have to upload a pokemon to trade for something else at all? It doesn't count as a trade, you see - it just works as in, you go onto the GTS and the pokemon from Make A Wish is automatically sent to you, you don't actually have to do anything or trade your own pokemon in exchange.

Anyway, I'm not like... forcing people to sign up, lol. I just thought some of you guys might be interested, is all.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

My friend had set up a similar kind of server, just on a much smaller scale. It really is just like getting a mystery gift over the WFC. I know someone who does this from a DS as well.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train