Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Pokemon Things

why wub woo Moderator

Default Weird Pokemon Things

Here's a thread for all those weird things in Pokemon that you think are relatively unknown.

Anyway, here is something weird:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Weird Pokemon Things

I don't get it.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It's the Butterfly/Venemoth Conspiracy.

It simply implies that the coders mixed up Caterpie's and Venonat's Evolutions, and that Butterfree if actually Venonat's Evolution, same goes for Caterpie and Venemoth.

why wub woo Moderator

There's a theory that Butterfree and Venomoth's sprites were swapped around, for whatever reason. When you look at the similarities between them and the other one's pre-evolutions, it is pretty strong, although unconfirmed and many people are sceptical.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Magcargo has a body temperature of 18,000 degrees.

A single Magcargo could end all life on the planet generating that type of heat. That's almost twice the intensity of the surface of the SUN.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post

A single Magcargo could end all life on the planet generating that type of heat. That's almost twice the intensity of the surface of the SUN.
    Shouldn't the trainer with its pokeball die? I mean a guy in the anime got his hands burned by a pokeball with a flaming golem inside...

EDIT: Not so much unknown, but why are female Mr. Mime are called MR. Mime?

why wub woo Moderator

Body temperature =/= Radiating temperature

learn2science

Veteran Trainer

A Pokeball shouldn't even be able to HOLD that sort of heat. I honestly don't see how a Magcargo could even stay on the ground with that kind of body heat. It'd melt through concrete, asphalt, dirt, even stone like they were butter, and it'd probably eventually sink to the center of the planet.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It'll probably melt the core as well... maybe it can surpress the heat...

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Body temperature =/= Radiating temperature

learn2science

That heat would be high enough to ignite the atmosphere if not contained, I think???

A Pokeball shouldn't even be able to HOLD that sort of heat. I honestly don't see how a Magcargo could even stay on the ground with that kind of body heat. It'd melt through concrete, asphalt, dirt, even stone like they were butter, and it'd probably eventually sink to the center of the planet.
    The Pokéball digitizes all aspects of the Pokémon, converting them to pure energy, even converting heat energy. The trainer who had his hand burned was a mistake in the anime as with the design of Pokéball technology (as set forth by the games and anime), that is impossible.

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarWarrior View Post
    That heat would be high enough to ignite the atmosphere if not contained, I think???
    I'm going to go for the 'a wizard did it' argument and say his body can naturally contain that heat safely.

The Pokéball digitizes all aspects of the Pokémon, converting them to pure energy, even converting heat energy. The trainer who had his hand burned was a mistake in the anime as with the design of Pokéball technology (as set forth by the games and anime), that is impossible.
    Maybe it was a faulty Pokeball that couldn't dissipate the heat energy instantly. Which is possible, considering the trainer looked like a gypsy.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

lol a gypsy... another weird thing, where do Dittos come from? they're not hatched from eggs...

why wub woo Moderator

Can't a Ditto and a Ditto make a Ditto?

Otherwise, maybe they reproduce like bacteria i.e. split apart. You just never see it in the games.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

On another note... Wouldn't Magcargo burn\melt\degenerate Ditto if they breed?

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

How do Magnemite breed, even with Ditto? You know, I could point out Rod A, but I don't see the insertion slot. It's like they shouldn't be even compatible.
    Then again, shapeshifting...
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

why wub woo Moderator

Also, never mind Ditto, there's loads of other holes in the breeding story.

First of all, Tauros are male only, so how do they breed? And why can't Nidorina and Nidoqueen lay eggs either? It's so stupid, especially since they are described as being protective of their young. You know, the young that THEY'LL NEVER HAVE.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    lol a gypsy... another weird thing, where do Dittos come from? they're not hatched from eggs...
    Laboratory experiment.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Skitty and Wailord...

EDIT: How come pokemon based on fish, like goldeen feebas magikarp, fight on land in the games, when they shouldn't be able to...
    Last edited by Kyuuketsuki; 19th November 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Cheesecake! Moderator

Also, never mind Ditto, there's loads of other holes in the breeding story.

First of all, Tauros are male only, so how do they breed? And why can't Nidorina and Nidoqueen lay eggs either? It's so stupid, especially since they are described as being protective of their young. You know, the young that THEY'LL NEVER HAVE.
    It's called Miltank Heald
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

why wub woo Moderator

Miltanks only ever shit out Miltanks in the game.

Explain that smart guy.

Master Trainer

Miltanks give birth from the uterus, not the colon, my friend.

why wub woo Moderator

Who says Miltanks are uterine animals? In fact, given it lays eggs, it probably lacks one.

Master Trainer

Who says Miltanks are uterine animals? In fact, given it lays eggs, it probably lacks one.
    You raise a valid point.

Speaking of that, why the fuck do the mammalian-esque Pokémon lay eggs?

Μπισκοτοφαγος Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalmaster Mike View Post
    How do Magnemite breed, even with Ditto? You know, I could point out Rod A, but I don't see the insertion slot. It's like they shouldn't be even compatible.
    Then again, shapeshifting...
    My problem with Magnemite is that when it evolves it has two extra heads. 1) does that mean that it has 3 brains as well and each head things separate, or they all sare the same brain? 2) Where the heck those heads come from?

Also: We know that Cubone has this skull stuck on its head but why when a Cubone its borned has a skull on it's head as well? This should not happen right?

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Also: We know that Cubone has this skull stuck on its head but why when a Cubone its borned has a skull on it's head as well? This should not happen right?
    One explanation is that it could be like an insect's exoskeleton i.e. bone that is formed on the outside of its body.

This is the other explanation:

Cubone is meant to be the orphaned child of a Kanghaskan but they removed this before release.

Μπισκοτοφαγος Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Wow, now this is something i did not know about.

But on the Cubone card of the very first series, it says that the skull it's stuck on its head.

Cheesecake! Moderator

Maybe it's a mutation from being taken away from its mother?

Maybe Cubone was at one point intended to be the Male counterpart to Kangaskhan.

And considering they're in the same egg group it makes sense.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Mind=blow

I actually wish they would change some of that stuff and keep it in there.

Here's two for you...

Lt. Surge was the first person to use a Pokemon in a war, this was WWII...

Mewtwo was created from an unborn child in a Mew....On Feb 6th (insert year)

They all really connect to our time line. Do you think the makers of Pokemon started out Pokemon to be a much more serious series?

:0 It really cheeses me off that we don't get a baby Kanghaskan
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Skitty and Wailord....
    HOT SKITTY ON WAILORD ACTION! ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom_Lover View Post
    Lt. Surge was the first person to use a Pokemon in a war, this was WWII...

Mewtwo was created from an unborn child in a Mew....On Feb 6th (insert year)

They all really connect to our time line. Do you think the makers of Pokemon started out Pokemon to be a much more serious series?
    That point about Surge is an odd thing in itself. He looks unnaturally young for his age if that's really the case. Across all media he's always appeared to be way too young to be a WWII vet. Vietnam I could buy but not WWII. As a result is this a potential translation mistake or does even the Japanese version say WWII?

Can't comment on the dates in the journal about Mewtwo's creation. Other series set in different worlds have used the calendar we're familiar with as well. Look at any of the timelines for Lord of the Rings for a good example of what I mean.

In either case I do think the series was originally intended to be a bit more serious. If I had to give a theroy as to why it backed off then I'd cite Nintendo of America's censorship policy which was pretty heavily enforced up until they started to relax it near the end of the 90's. Hell look at Final Fantasy 4 and 6 when they were originally released as 2 and 3 over here. Due to their censorship at the time it was extremely rare that a game would get away with religous references. In FF2/4 the skill Pray is removed completely and only accessible via Game Genie. In both games the spell/element Holy is renamed as either Pearl/White. It's possible Pokémon could have been one of the final games released to suffer from censorship fate. However as a result the series could have skewed towards a younger crowd due to these changes. Don't forget it took a full three years for Pokémon to hit the States. Most of Nintendo's first and second party games that are first released in Japan tend to make it over here within a year. With that in mind it makes you wonder if the three years it took to finally make it this way were a simple matter of figuring out if the game was profitable or not.

Besides isn't Brock in the anime much more rauncy in the Japanese version anyway? I've not heard of actual examples or quotes but I do recall people saying it at least a few times.
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 19th November 2009 at 05:38 PM.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Veteran Trainer

Machamp can throw punches strong enough to send people to the Moon.

A Machamp's arm, when pulled all the way back, can probably travel a distance of 1.5 meters maximum in order to punch all the way. Five or six feet. If enough energy was in its punch to send its target flying the 238,000+ miles from the Earth to the Moon, the second that punch landed, it would VAPORIZE whatever it hit. Imagine that Mythbusters episode where they launched the rocket at the car and the car turned to freaking DUST. Now multiply that power by a thousand. The hardest Rock Pokemon in existence would be disintegrated by that, but they say Machamp can punch a HUMAN to the Moon?

I'm calling bullshit on that.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Elite Trainer

I'm not sure if that Japanese verson of it had that. But all the walkthroughs of the Red and Blue talked about how he fought in WWII. He does look super young. Maybe in Pokemon world, they had a WWII recently?

Damn, the 90s was so awesome. I wish America had eased up sooner...:0 Then they tighten down again, have you seen the things they show on tv, the pracies.

Oh course! They're much freer in Japan...and Germany...And pretty much everywhere else.

The first series and games had a really serious undertone, I wish they had kept that. They started to lighten up with every series and now its looked down upon.

What's up with Seviper not evolving from Ekans/Arbok?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ry3riB4jh8
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 19th November 2009 at 05:48 PM.

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I asked the Ditto question on this forum some time ago.

I think it would make sense to say that two Dittos can make a Ditto, but they don't hatch from eggs and that's why the breeders never find a Ditto egg.

More questions: Miltank and Tauros are based on cows and bulls respectively. Miltanks are all female and Tauros are all male. They are in the same breeding group. Yet, a Miltank cannot give birth to a Tauros. Why is this so?

And why can Nidorans breed but not Nidoking/Nidoqueen?

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Elite Trainer

I think Nidoking and Queen will only breed in the wild- at least, that's what I tell myself. In the movie, the wild ones had babies.

The whole MiltankXTauros thing bothers me. They should beable to have both. Remember when breeding was more random, that was much more authentic then having the system they have now.

OMG= http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/HSOWA
    Last edited by Houndoom_Lover; 19th November 2009 at 06:45 PM.

...while you sleep.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Is Elekid supposed to be plugged into Electivire?

Elite Trainer

OH HAI! Pokemon child porn >w>

I want to know why Eeevees other evolve form break the pattern, causing Eevees entire backstory to be re-written when the new forms could easily evolve with a stone. WTF

...while you sleep.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Jynx resembles an african woman more than a Pokemon. (No Racism Intended)

Elite Trainer

What are her clothes made out of? Skin?

...while you sleep.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Another weird thing, wasn't Zubat supposed to suck blood? A little weird for a Pokemon game, and how come Cherrim is food?

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Machamp can throw punches strong enough to send people to the Moon.

A Machamp's arm, when pulled all the way back, can probably travel a distance of 1.5 meters maximum in order to punch all the way. Five or six feet. If enough energy was in its punch to send its target flying the 238,000+ miles from the Earth to the Moon, the second that punch landed, it would VAPORIZE whatever it hit. Imagine that Mythbusters episode where they launched the rocket at the car and the car turned to freaking DUST. Now multiply that power by a thousand. The hardest Rock Pokemon in existence would be disintegrated by that, but they say Machamp can punch a HUMAN to the Moon?

I'm calling bullshit on that.
    Pokémon rejects your reality and subsitutes it's own!

Jynx resembles an african woman more than a Pokemon. (No Racism Intended)
    That was the very reason Jynx's skin color in the later generation games was changed to purple from black. Somebody pitched a bitch somewhere about how it resembled the "blackface" makeup you use to see white actors wear in stage productions during the early 20th century and it all snowballed from there.