Thread: Project Phoenix Rising: The Resurrection of the ASB!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Project Phoenix Rising: The Resurrection of the ASB!

Right You guys, even if you don't want to admit it, the current ASB is dead because it's foundations were not very strong to begin with. I mean by all means you had every right to ignore my warnings about the ASB dying, since at the time you did not see it the way I did.

Let's take a look at Seribii's ASB, the main reason why it has not suffered the same fate as us is because not only is it better structured than ours but is on a way more active message board, see they can get away with the seme old formula because they have not only a slightly better environment but a stronger foundation rooted deep within the bedrock.

We however don't have that same sort of environment since TPM rarely gets new members to stay long term, I mean even I was tempted to leave for greener pastures. However I think if we had the right kinds of leaders who are not afraid to directly challenge the long held conventions head on, they may be able to bring about a new revolutionary change that will not only resurrect the ASB but also TPM as a whole.

Now despite all the hardships I had to endure thru the years I think I finally realized my place not as a mod but as a leader of a movement to bring about the change that is need, while it's true that I may just be the torchbearer who has been both crucified on a cross and redirected over these past few years, my goal remains the same to prevent the death of our beloved ASB.

While yes it's good to carry on the legacy of those that came before us, I also think it's not a bad thing to start with a clean slate and rebuild the system from the ground up. Granted while most of you may disagree with me, I am only here to get the ball rolling.

I think the first thing we should do is rename the form from the Animé Syle Battling to "The Pokémon Master's League" not only will that it tell people that it's our ASB league but it will also help to carry the Legacy of Chris 2.0 as one of its founders members.

Obviously one of the main issues is the shortages of referees which explains why Darkestlight and the other mods are overworked, thus causing a meltdown of the whole system.

Look I did not bring this up to be a jerk but rather since this year marks not only the 20th anniversary of Pokémon also the 16th anniversary of our ASB which was originally founded by ditto_pokefreak in 2000.

That being said I think one of the biggest reasons why our current ASB system is such a failure is because the only person to ever bother to even attempt to do any sort of world building during the orginal restart was Chris himself, because all the other members cared about was getting back to battling as soon as they could.

Now clearly I think what we should do this time around is to take the time to rebuild the world in which our ASB takes place in, but not solly by the hands of just the mods or any individual person but rather as true a community effort. So yeah go ahead and share your thoughts on the matter at hand.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Project Phoenix Rising: The Resurrection of the ASB!

o.o I don't have much to say. I have dabbled in ASB but have always found myself getting bored or a battle I'm in dying and lost interest. But I will say even on the most active pokemon forum. Games, RPGs etc are not doing overly well either. It is a shame that despite this board dying for years. ASB was the exception to the rule and remained active. Sadly that is not the case. Not sure I can contribute.

But with the old gens being released on VC. Could we not do some old school ASB battling. Someone must remember how it worked back then. I just know it followed the anime rules.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Charles, you're gonna hafta learn to separate this forum from Chris' fanfic. While it was very creative, it has nothing to do with our league as a whole. And while I would like nothing more than for this forum to thrive as it once did, the truth is that it simply won't. TPM as a whole is floundering immensely, and as such, this league with it.
    -Grey

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

How exactly is world-building supposed to help?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!