Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: men of horror vs Knight of Time (ref=RaZoR LeAf )

Default men of horror vs Knight of Time (ref=RaZoR LeAf )

So, a new battle!

My opponent will send out first.
    I'll attack first.
    DQ Time 1 Week.
    No abilities.
    Arena: a large rock field. There is hardly any sun.
    Last edited by men of horror; 26th August 2010 at 08:18 AM.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: men of horror vs ? (ref=?)

I'll battle you, how many Pokemon is this going to be?

I'm going to send out my male Chingling, Sonic (not named after the hedgehog with the same name, though).

Can we ban some moves, please? I'm thinking Toxic, Destiny Bond, Grudge, Memento, Endeavour, Pain Split, Attract, Captivate, and all non-damaging healing moves, is that okay?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Default Re: men of horror vs ? (ref=?)

Yea, thats fine by me. Oh, forgot to say, abilities are on.
    Its going to be 2 vs 2 , single battle

Ill use Tomo, my male Tangela with the ability Chlorophyll.

Tomo, use flash first, then use confusion and finally use flash again.

Default Re: men of horror vs Knight of Time (ref=?)

Oh, well in that case Sonic has Levitate.

Sonic, close your eyes and Taunt Tomo, then use Signal Beam, finally, if Flash failed, use Hypnosis, or if it still bothered you too much to be able to use Hypnosis effectively enough, try and paralyze Tomo with Thunder Wave.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll ref this for you guys, I'll get a round up for you tomorrow evening when I get back form work (7-8 pm GMT)

Thanks

Default Re: men of horror vs Knight of Time (ref=RaZoR LeAf )

Thank you RaZoR LeAf, I'm going to try and get the reffing up for you and Mike Mysterio later today if I have time, my apologies if I have been keeping you and him waiting too long.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Dusk, in the middle of a big quarry. Two figures appear from either sides of the mounds of broken rock. One, a Man of unspeakable horror, the other a majestic Knight of time. The sun is setting casting a deep red glow across the sky, but threatening to quickly plunge the quarry into darkness, at least until the generators kick in and the artificial lighting turns on. The two combatants nod at each other and release their pokemon. A Chingling named Sonic and a Tangela named Tomo. Orders are given and this battle begins.

ROUND ONE

Having been out in the sun al day, ever day, Tomo is full to the brim on solar energy, and with a flick of the vines, emits a brilliant flash of light that fills the pit and temporarily blinds everyone who was watching. Unable to see anything for a brief second, before his vision comes back a little blurry with distraction sparkly bits just out in the corner, Sonic begins to slur and toss insults at Tomo, complaining about his eyesight and the cost of glasses for pokemon these days, and how health and safety would have a field day with this sort of unruly behaviour. Angered at the thought of those busy bodies getting involved, Tomo starts fuming, falling for the taunting of his opponent.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Acc -1
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Taunted

Tomo thinks hard, and finds within himself a mind power, capable of moving anything without touching it. It's this sort of atack that can cause confusion to anyone who isn't expecting it. A faint purple glow surrounds Sonic and he is lifted into the air suddenly. The tiny pokemon squeaks, but as a psychic pokemon itself, the height it can be lifted is no more than that it is already floating. Sonic squints, his eyes still a little blurry and watery. A beam of energy, pulsating between red, purple and blue, shoots away from the Chingling, and strikes Tomo, a little off centre but still an almost solid hit. Tomo's mind control stops instantly, letting Sonic float back to a more comfortable height.

Sonic HP(-4) PP(-4)
    Tomo HP(-6) PP(-2)

Though ready to unleash another burst of light, Tomo stumbles over doing so as the thought of a bunch of nosy executives in suits rushing around giving everyone sun glasses and free optician appointments makes his blood boil. So angry that he is, he fails to notice he is copying the back and forth swaying his opponent is doing. Back and forth and back... and forth.. and back.... and forzzzzz. Tomo slumps backwards and his small white eyes vanish as all those blue vines close up around him, leaving just a pair of little red feet. Sonic smiles, pleased that he managed to put his foe to sleep.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-3) ~ Sleeping

SLEEPING
    Drowsy / Sleeping / Deep Sleep
    Duration - Undetermined
    Mobility - None
    Attacks - Limited

Sun sets in 3 rounds
    Artificial Lights come on in 6 rounds

Uh, RaZoR LeAf, just wondering, but do you take the effectiveness of a move into consideration when you ref it?

I'm just a little surprised that for a supereffective move on Tomo, that Signal Beam did slightly less damage than what I would have gone for if I was reffing the move.

Anyway, I'll post moves later.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I did forget to add on the effectiveness of Signal beam, I think I forgot after adjusting the ineffectiveness of Confusion. But Signal beam didn't hit Tomo head on, so it didn't do as much damage as it would have had it been full power anyway. By my calcs, it would only add on 1 extra HP point for the Super Effectiveness.

Alright, that's understandable.

Uh, being that Tomo is both asleep and taunted, would that mean he would be unable to use any non-damaging moves in his sleep, like one of the powder moves?

I always felt that sleep would have a sort of neutralizing effect on Taunt, making it not work if the Pokemon was asleep, but meh.

Sonic, use a combination of Light Screen + Safeguard first (or if he cannot generate one of his powder moves, use Light Screen + Reflect instead to produce an alternate double shield), then if Tomo is still asleep, use Dream Eater, otherwise, try and get him asleep again with another Hypnosis.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

As he's not really focusing on the battle, the effects of Taunt wouldn't be in effect.

So if Tomo wakes up taunt is still in effect?

Alright, Tomo, first use sleep talk and hope for the best. If you manage to wake up make a substitute as small as possible. Then use leech seed if you can. However if you cant do a substitue because taunt is in effect use mega drain and then if you have still an action free use slam.

Master Trainer

MoH, there's a lot of ifs and buts in your post, can you just add a "move - move - move" line to explain what you want. i'm having a bit of trouble understanding what is wanted and where.

And yes, if he wakes up Taunt will still be in effect, at least until it wears off.

I see, yea Ill change it.

Tomo use sleep talk as long as possible. If you wake up use sludge bomb as often as possible.

Hopefully this isn't as necessary as it seems, but I'm bumping this up for RaZoR LeAf.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Sorry I didn't realise men of horror had posted. Get it up asap.

Master Trainer

ROUND TWO

Sleeping soundly, Tomo can no longer feel the rage he had previously felt. In fact, it might be that after a relaxing nap he'll have forgotten about the whole thing. Sonic takes this time of peace to summon a shield. A pane of golden light appears in front of him, splitting the two pokemon apart and protecting Sonic from incoming special attacks. The Chingling glances at Tomo, who is mumbling to himself. Tomo stays sat on the floor, but several of his vines shoot out and begin to spin around him rapidly, creating a sharpness that whips up the dirt and shreds tiny rocks as they get caught in the wind.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Light Screen in play
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-7) ~ Atk(+2)

Sonic narrows his eyes at the moves the sleeping pokemon seems to be making in his sleep. Instead of focusing on attacking his foe, he allows a soothing energy to wash over his body, leaving him immune to any afflictions that may reduce his ability to attack properly. He hears his foe mumbling again, and looks over at Tomo, who's vine are up in the air moving around at odd angles and directions. What the heck is that pokemon doing? Without even opening his eyes, Tomo is mimicking his opponent.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Protected by Safeguard
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Mimicked Safeguard

Sonic floats over to his foe, leaving the protective Light Screen behind as he sits beside his sleeping opponent. He places both his dangly head thingies on Tomo's head and reaches into the mind of the sleeping pokemon. He is in the wild west. Tomo is wearing a cowboy hat and a sheriffs badge, waving his vines around like a lasso and catching troublesome Rattata in it. Sonic snickers and starts to absorb those dreams, leaving Tomo to face his prisoners escaping as the dream turns sour. Suddenly a burst of energy erupts from Tomo, knocking Sonic backwards and leaving the psychic type dripping wet from head to toe. No normal attack, that was a power that's been hidden inside Tomo, and only now discovered. Tomo sneezes and suddenly wakes up.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-4)
    Tomo HP(-11) PP(-2) ~ Hidden Power Water revealed ~ Awake ~ No longer Taunted

SAFEGUARD
    Duration - 9 Actions
    Complete Status Protection

Sun sets in 2 rounds
    Artificial Lights come on in 5 rounds

Just so you know, the damage caused by the Hidden Power negated any health regained by the Dream Eater.

Wow, that went quite well. So Tomo is no longer taunted, awake and he also is guarded by safeguard right?

Well, Tomo, use flash , then use sludge bomb and finally leech seed.

Sonic, use Taunt again with your eyes tightly closed (tighter than before if you can), then use Psychic to pull on Tomo's vines as far out as you can to stretch them painfully (without letting them touch you), then use Icy Wind to try and make the tips of the vines you pulled on numb before releasing your Psychic hold on his vines; make sure they can smack him in the face!

RaZor LeAf, just so that it doesn't cause much confusion, the last two moves are a combo.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 3rd September 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Fixing something.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by men of horror View Post
    Wow, that went quite well. So Tomo is no longer taunted, awake and he also is guarded by safeguard right?.
    He's mimicked the move Safeguard and it has been added to his move-pool but he is not protected by the move. He's learnt it, he hasn't used it.

Bumping once again for RaZoR LeAf...
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

ROUND THREE

Sonic sees Tomo starting to glow again, crunches his eyes tightly closed and starts to reiterate the highs and lows of a Health and Safety lecture. Tomo blinks, and wonders why his foe has closed it's eye tight and is talking to a nearby rock. He shakes his vines in dismay,. then lets loose another brilliant flash of light. Sonic 'sees' the brightness through his eyelids, but doesn't feel the same effects he did last time it happened. Warily he opens his eyes, and blinks. Nope, vision is still good. Still a little blurry with flash bits just out of the corner, but good all the same.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-5)

Sonic instead turns to his foe, focusing all his psychic power on the pokemon's many vines. There are so many to choose form, but the ones just poking out will do for now. Getting a firm grip on them, he pulls them out, stretching them in a variety of directions, pulling as hard as he can. Tomo grimaces, that's starting to hurt, but where does Tangela begins and end? Nobody really knows, and some of these vines just seem to keep coming out. How the heck does that work? Tomo spits a ball of dirt at Sonic, which upon impact cracks open sending thick sludge all over his head. He's not fazed though, and continues to hold the grip.

Sonic HP(-10) PP(-4)
    Tomo HP(-11) PP(-5)

Sonic's ribbons begin to sway as a chill fills the air, wrapping itself around Tomo. With his vines stretched out he feels exposed, and whilst inside he keeps warm, his extremities are quickly numbed by the cold weed. Growling beneath the mess of vines, he spits three tiny seeds at his foe. They hit Sonic and immediately, tiny vines wrap themselves around the psychic type and begin to sap energy from him. Distracted, he drops his grip, and Tomo's numbed vines return to his body gently, instead of with the sudden snap originally intended for.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-2) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3) ~ Seeded
    Tomo HP(-6) PP(-4) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3) ~ Spd -1

SAFEGUARD
    Duration - 9 Actions

Sun sets in 1 round
    Artificial Lights come on in 4 rounds

- I had to check, but Safeguard does not protect against Leech Seed.

Huh, how did Taunt fail (I'm presuming it would have)? Also, would Leech Seed have failed if Tomo was Taunted?

Edit: No matter, if the accuracy drop made Taunt fail, I'll overcome this.

Sonic, use Taunt until successful to make sure Tomo doesn't get to use Safeguard (after all, a Pokemon that Mimics a move it doesn't normally know forgets how to use that Mimiced move eventually), then if you have any actions left, use Icy Wind, followed by a Thunder Wave.

Subs:

If Tomo uses Sludge Bomb, use Psychic to redirect as much of it as possible it back at him, after all, he does have a Poison weakness.

Or if he uses Double Team or Flash again, fight back with a razor-sharp Swift.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 14th September 2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Knight of Time

Okay Tomo, this is going to be tough. Hmm, lets see, when he uses taunt try to use mimic and use taunt yourself against him. If that isnt possible use protect. Then use slam followed by a tickle.

'sigh' Another bump for RaZoR LeAf...
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I know about the battle, please stop bumping it after a few days.

Sorry, my anxiousness was getting the better of me.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

ROUND FOUR

Sonic starts harassing Tomo again, calling out insults and using the sort of language you'd expect from rough and tough pokemon, not cute little bell.. things. Tomo narrows his eyes, he's trying to copy what Sonic is doing, but he can't quite wrap his head around copying and doing at the same time. He tries to protect himself, but is just to angry to do so. Looks like Sonic has the advantage again, but for how long? In his mistaken attempts to copy his foe, Tomo forgets how to use Safeguard.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3)
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3) ~ Taunted ~ Forgotten 'Safeguard'

Sonic steps back a notch, and summons another cold and frosty wind. It whips up and around Tomo, getting beneath his vines and chilling his entire self. He pulls his vines in tighter to his body, compacting them tighter so he becomes a firmer ball of flora. There's less chill and he's going to do a lot more damage. Raging, he runs at Sonic and bowls the pokemon down, sending the tiny pokemon sliding through the dirt while he skids to a halt and smirks beneath his vines.

Sonic HP(-8) PP(-2) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3)
    Tomo HP(-6) PP(-4) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3)

Tomo lets loose two vines, but in his fury, all he can do is bristle then in anger. Growling he pulls them back inside the writhing mass, just as he is overcome by a burst of electricity. A wave of lightning arcs from Sonic's body and wraps itself around Tomo, tripping him up and trapping his muscles with paralysis. Sonic winces, as more energy is drained form his body, and whilst suffering from the sudden shock Tomo bathes in calm as he is fed the drained energy back into his own reserves.

Sonic HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3)
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-8) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3) ~ Afflicted by paralysis

As the sun finally sets, the warm orange glow that has been lighting the quarry fades, and it is plunged into darkness. The generator stars to whir, but it will be some time before the artificial lightning comes on. For the meantime, pokemon accuracy drops by 2 points each.

SAFEGUARD
    Duration - 9 Actions

PARALYSIS
    Duration - Intermittent
    Mobility - Reduced
    25% of total paralysis
    Stackable

The sun has set
    Artificial Lights come on in 3 rounds
    Accuracy drops by 2

Uh, RaZoR LeAf, just wondering, but don't you think the residual damage caused by Leech Seed is a little too strong?

I'm not objecting all that much to how you ref Leech Seed, but the damage Sonic is taking for it every round is starting to look overall more painful than the residual damage caused by other non-direct things (such as Sandstorm, Hail, regular poisoning, and burns), and it's leaving me baffled.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on Leech Seed.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Sandstorm and hail do 2 HP per action, so does a Burn. Leech Seed does varying damage depending on how close the pokemon are to each other. Tomo was close to Sonic when he attacked, so all three seeds made their target. Had they been further away, then they may not have all hit, resulting in it being less. And I allow burns to stack, so they can do increasing amounts of damage.

Oh, well, I actually ref those kinds of damage per round rather than per action...then again, I think the only other ref whose reffing style does pretty much the same thing each action for indirect damage, is VirtualPlay (like when he reffed one of my previous battles with Metallix's Girl).
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

It's every turn in the games, so I figure it should be here too.

Okay, okay, I can take that.

But 3% per action (thus a total of 9% per round, in total) is kinda too much in my opinion for Leech Seed damage (I ref it as 3% per round, or if I was doing it per action, that would be 1% each action)...right now, I'm feeling like I'm going to have to battle extra hard here to make a come-from-behind victory.

I may be in a tough spot, but I have turned the tables before.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I'll take your opinion on board, but I am against changing my reffing style in the middle of a battle, so it will have to say as it is for now.

That's fine.

One more question RaZoR LeAf, in the next-to-last round (round 3), how did Taunt fail while Sonic had his eyes closed? AFAIK a Pokemon can be taunted if it hears the insults sent at it, for the user, closing their eyes while using Taunt shouldn't affect its success rate.

Anyway, I'm done with the questions for now, I'm just feeling a bit mentally pained right now.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

If you talk to someone without facing them your words aren't always heard.

Its my turn isnt ět?

Anyway, if it is then ...Tomo, since you are taunted and I dont have much hope that you`ll snap out of it use facade two times and then finally use sludge bomb.

Sonic, use Hypnosis when Tomo comes your way! Then use Dream Eater twice! Leech Seed or no Leech Seed, he is not going to beat you that easily!
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

ROUND FIVE

Plagued by paralysis, Tomo can feel his muscles are tight and capable of seizing up at any given time. Raging, he uses that energy inside him to attack his midget foe. He hurls himself across the pit, in the direction his foe was moments ago, and collides hard with something. The squeal of pain is a sure signal that he's hit his target. Rising to his feet he checks to see what damage he's done, only to come face to face, and eye to eye with Sonic. The little shingling narrows his eyes, despite a dark intent behind them Tomo can't but stare into them. His eyes feel heavy, and he flops down to the floor again, gently snoozing. Sonic breaths a sigh of relief, as he feels his energy being sapped again. At the same time, his protective barrier fades away, leaving him open to affliction.

Sonic HP(-15) PP(-5) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3) ~ Safeguard lost
    Tomo HP(-0) PP(-4) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3) ~ Asleep

Resting quietly, Tomo can't do anything he was previously asked to do, instead he can go back to a world where he's the king and nobody else matters, certainly not a yellow thing with bells on. Sonic isn't privy to these thoughts, not yet anyway. Touching his ribbons to Tomo's temples, he sneaks into the dream and starts to absorb the good feelings, not only sapping Tomo's strength but refilling his own. He barely even notices the drain on his own life force by the Leech Seed.

Sonic HP(+6) PP(-4) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3)
    Tomo HP(-11) PP(-0) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3)

Noticing his foe isn't making any attempts to fight back, Sonic delves deeper into his foes psyche, drawing on more energy from not just good dreams but.. fantasies? Oh I don't think we'll be making those public, I think even Sonic is a little embarrassed by what he's uncovered. Never the less, he feels the energy filling him up. As he lets go of his foes head, he hears a hum from the machinery nearby, as the Artificial Lighting system begins it's warm up process.

Sonic HP(+6) PP(-4) ~ Leech Seed HP(-3)
    Tomo HP(-11) PP(-0) ~ Leech Seed HP(+3)

As the sun finally sets, the warm orange glow that has been lighting the quarry fades, and it is plunged into darkness. The generator stars to whir, but it will be some time before the artificial lightning comes on. For the meantime, pokemon accuracy drops by 2 points each.

SLEEPING
    Duration - Undetermined
    Mobility - None
    Attacks - Limited

PARALYSIS
    Duration - Intermittent
    Mobility - Reduced
    25% of total paralysis
    Stackable

The sun has set
    Artificial Lights come on in 2 rounds
    Accuracy drops by 2

Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 3rd October 2010 at 01:59 PM.