Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Vs Cueball Ref: Greyfox

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Charles Vs Cueball Ref: Greyfox

I warmly warmly welcome you to the ASB... let me show you the ropes around here...

Pokemon to be used: 4 on 4

Order: I send, you attack

DQ: One week

Arena: Indigo Stadium
    Is a stadium that sits on a plateau within Crescentwalk, The stadium was painted indigo blue legend has it that Mr. Carpainter pained it when The Blue Avenger was a mod, and it's world renowned for being a legendary battle arena.

FYI Cueball Mr. Carpainter was the name of The Blue Avenger's Seargle whose paint was blue.

Hum speaking of Seargle I'm in the mood to have some fun,So I'll use my own Seargle. Go Smears my Male Seargle with the ability Own Tempo. with a gold Paint oozing out of his tail.

Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 5th March 2011 at 03:49 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Cueball I Challage you!

Well this is intresting to see.

I accept your challenge. Hmmm, how about I send out my Male Machop named Bruiser with the Guts ability.
    Last edited by Cueball; 1st March 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

that's fine by me, now as I said I'm letting you attach first, now if you did not know yet in the ASB a Pokemon can use any move in there movesets....

Turns to my signature Pokémon me Lucario.

Sirius go fetch us a ref!

Oh also before we start attacking I'm just going let you know that in this battle I'm allowing switching...

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 2nd March 2011 at 10:53 AM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sounds good, but should I go ahead and post my attacks or wait until we have a ref?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

go ahead and post them now one should show up soon.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Alright.

Okay Bruiser, start off with a double team and then move in for a bullet punch, finally hit it with a low kick.

Double Team-Bullet Punch-Low Kick

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Charles Vs Cueball Ref: ???

Smears sketch a Volcano then summon a Lava Plume then an Eruption!

sketch a Volcano - Lava Plume - Eruption

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

We need a ref.

Oh and I have a feeling your Smergale is gonna wreck me. Bad.

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 1
    We enter an arena not unfamiliar to anyone -- the classic, the standard Indigo Plateau arena. Newcomer Cueball, who has just been challenged by veteran Charles Legend, eagerly steps onto the field with the four poké balls on his belt. Anxiously, he removes the first one and tosses it to the ground, releasing a harty machop named Bruiser. Chaz smirks a wild smirk before releasing his own pokémon -- Smears, a beagle with a penchant for the fine arts.

Smears, immediately upon hitting the outside world, begins painting a structure so realistic that it actually comes alive [ -9PP Smears ]. Bruiser, not liking the volcano that suddenly appeared, quickly ups his evasion by summoning a series of clones to keep himself safe [ +75% Eva, -6PP Bruiser ].

Before his opponent can move, Bruiser swiftly throws his fist forward, punching Smears in the temple lightly [ -4HP Smears / -3PP Bruiser ]. Smears, feeling cocky, commands the volcano to erupt [ -2PP Smears ]. It does so, exploding in a hellfire of flames that wipe out two of Bruiser's clones quite easily [ -25% Eva Bruiser ].

Smears commands the volcano once more, causing it to erupt yet again. Chunks of fire and rock fall from the sky, wiping out Bruiser's last clone before turning on him. The damage heavy [ -15HP Bruiser / -2PP Smears ]. Having exhausted the last of it's paint, the volcano crumbles into nothingness -- Bruiser feels a bit more at ease. The fighter dives down at Smears, feet first, tripping the beagle up easily [ -7HP Smears / -3PP Bruiser ].

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thank you Grey for reffing our match
    Last edited by Cueball; 5th March 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Smears Lava Plume three times!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Alright Bruiser use Double Team twice then follow up with Thunderpunch.

Double Team-Double Team-Thunderpunch

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 2
    Bruiser thinks defensively, summoning a volley of clones to surround him [ +75% Eva, -6PP Bruiser ], while Smears tries to command nothingness to attack... It doesn't work.

Feeling at ease, Bruiser summons another series of clones [ +11% Eva, -6PP Bruiser ]; Smears slumps down, having remembered that the volcano he sketched last round was no longer in existance [ +10PP Smears ].

Bruiser finally holds out his right hand as it begins charging with electricity. He throws his fist forward, knocking the unbusy beagle off his feet [ -7HP, +3PP Smears / -5PP Bruiser ].

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Charles Vs Cueball Ref: Greyfox

Bruiser use Fire Punch followed by Close Combat, then take a breath.

Fire Punch-Close Combat-Relax
    Last edited by Cueball; 5th March 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Gray I sad Lava plume not Eruption also I did not think the volcano wold fade that fast.

Alright Smears sketch a Nazar amulet and use Psychic twice!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Sorry -- I meant to say Lava Plume but I ended up Copy/pasting the wrong attack.

Anyway, all sketches of objects fade after one round -- you really should pay more attention to the words in the reffing as opposed to just the end results, Charles. And I'm sorry, but nowhere in that article does it say that that particular amulet grants psychic powers -- just that it protects against them.

I'll give you a chance to either present me with more information or change your attacks, otherwise by this time tomorrow I'm just going to ref the round as is.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oh really tell Game freak that they based the Unown off of the Nazar amulet atlest it's a better explanation then just being solely based of the Greek Alphabet....

But yeah Smears return for now, Go Anchovy my male Remoraid.

Anchovy use Psychic twice.

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 8th March 2011 at 03:47 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sooo, im taking on Remoraid? Thats gonna bomb me with pshyic? Bummer.

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 3
    Before Bruiser even gets a chance to throw down, Smears is recalled and replaced by a remoraid named Anchovy. The fish flops around awkwardly as Bruiser ignites his right hook and punches the him with it [ -4HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ]. The damage is less-than-stellar.

Anchovy, now ready to attack, homes in on one of the several machop and causes it to explode! Rather unfortunately, it was a clone that took the hit [ -2% Eva Bruiser / -7PP Anchovy ]. Bruiser, now ready to dish out his own rebuttal, throws his body forward and attacks the remoraid with a series of punches and kicks, sacrificing his own defenses in the process [ -12HP Anchovy / -6PP, -10% Def, -10% SpD Bruiser ].

Anchovy, now quite sore, attempts to hurt Bruiser for real this time, unfortunately only managing to take on another clone [ -4% Eva Bruiser / -7PP Anchovy ] -- there are now five machop littered on the field as he gathers up some energy [ +10PP Bruiser ].

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

OH YEAH!

Go Clones!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Anchovy swift to destroy its clones then lock on to it then Psychic!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Alright, hit up another double team, then follow up with thunder punch times two!

Double Team~Thunderpunch~Thunderpunch

PS: Sorry ive been gone, Got black over the weekend and couldnt put it down.

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 4
    Bruiser waits for Anchovy to make his next move. The gun-shaped fish readies himself by destroying all of Bruiser's clones with a well-aimed swift [ -6HP, -80% Eva Bruiser / -4PP Anchovy ]. But no matter, says Bruiser, he'll just whip up so'more [ +75% Eva, -6PP Bruiser ].

Bruiser goes in with confidence, unaware that Anchovy had just studied him -- realizing the subtle difference between Bruiser and his fakes [ x0% Eva Bruiser / -3PP Anchovy ]. The punching pokémon then strikes the fish with his electric fist [ -11HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ].

Still confident, Bruiser strikes again [ -11HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ] before suffering a massive headache [ -13HP Bruiser / -6PP Anchovy ]. Where's this coming from and why are my clones gone!?, he would wonder quietly.

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hmmm, Thunderpunch followed by Focus Energy, then Close Combat!

Thunderpunch-Focus Energy-Close Combat.

Ps: Just so i know, Lock On, means no more clones? right?
    Last edited by Cueball; 20th March 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Soo, Charles has been on twice, and no post, if I had to guess, I would say its because this has been on the bottom of page two.

In otherwords, BUMPAGE

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Anchovy Soak it then Charge beam twice!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

O_O my poor machop is going to get cooked.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Bump for Greyfox.

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 5
    Bruiser takes aim as his fist cackles with electric energy. Anchovy tries to get away, but his agility is greatly hindered due to the lack of water body, and he takes Bruiser's electricity-soaked punch head-on [ -11HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ]. The remoraid merely takes the hit in stride before blasting Bruiser with a wall of water [ -2PP Anchovy ], soaking the fighting pokémon.

Bruiser pays the wetness no mind as he keeps his cool and collects more energy [ -2PP Bruiser ]. While his focus remains steady, Anchovy strikes back with his own electric attack. Shocked!, Bruiser is taken out of his trance and wonders how the attack did so much more than he's used to [ -9HP Bruiser / -3PP, +10% SpA Anchovy ].

Agitated, Bruiser throws his body forward and pelts Anchovy with a series of punches that knock the fish backwards [ -18HP *CRIT* Anchovy / -6PP, -10% Def, -10% SpD Bruiser ]. Anchovy, however, pulls himself back together long enough to fire off another charge beam [ -11HP Bruiser / -3PP, +10% SpA Anchovy ].

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Woah. I forgot about this one.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oh crap sorry about the late reply guys, also oops just noticed that I forgot to say Anchovy has the Ability Sniper.

Anyways Anchovy use Rain dance then Thunder twice!

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 7th June 2011 at 12:14 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Okay Bruiser, wait for the rain to start, then Thunderpunch, follow up with Detect, then finish with Drain Punch

Thunderpunch-Detect-Drain Punch

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 6
    Anchovy summons a downpour that, strangely, feels good to Bruiser [ -5PP Anchovy / Rain Dance activated ]. The former-fightingmon lets his fist cackle with more electricity as he slams it into Anchovy [ -11HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ].

Anchovy then summons up all his strength to... use an attack... he doesn't know... whatsoever. Bruiser, anticipating an attack, sighs, having wasted energy erecting a barrier [ -5PP Bruiser ]. Bruiser shrugs it off and strikes Anchovy with a draining punch [ -7HP Anchovy / -4PP, +4HP Bruiser ].

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thunderpunch X3

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

duh forgot it did not learn thunder.... Anchovy quick use Double Team then put the rest of your energy into a Hyper Beam!

Anchovy you did well for being named after a tasty fish.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Oh Grey

NEWCOMER BATTLE!

ARENA
    Indigo Plateau.

ROUND 7
    Bruiser can sense his opponent's end with just a few more attacks. His right hook now cackling with more electricity, Bruiser throws his body forward and connects... with nothing at all [ -5PP Bruiser ]. Anchovy, with just a few seconds to spare, managed to create three clones to absorb Bruiser's attack [ +75% Eva, -9% Eva, -6PP Anchovy ].

Anchovy, feeling safe behind his army of clones, begins charging up for his swan song. Feeling frightened, Bruiser tries to end this battle quickly as he charges for one of the three remoraid with his lightning fist and strikes [ -11HP, -66% Eva Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ] the real Anchovy! However, it's not enough to faint him, and said real Anchovy retalliates with a powerful blast of pure energy that rips through the fighting pokémon with ease [ -19HP Bruiser / -15PP Anchovy ].

Exhausted, Anchovy rests up [ +10PP Anchovy ], but finds himself victim to Bruiser's final thunder punch [ -6HP Anchovy / -5PP Bruiser ] -- he is knocked out easily.

CUEBALL ~ CHARLES
    -Grey

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Come back out Smears Sketch a Sword then Charge it up with Electric Power then zap that Machop with a Sword Beam, in other words Smears fire a Thunder from it.

Sketch (Sword) - Charge - Thunder

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Charles Legend; 14th June 2011 at 09:46 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Bruiser

Drain Punch-Drain Punch-Detect

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Bump for the Greyest of the Foxes.