Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

Got my National Pokedex. N and Ghetsis were surprisingly easy to beat (only one of my Pokemon fainted once, and thatwas because I underestimated N's Carracosta and he dealt a Critical Hit to my Lilligant). I used Krookodile, Togekiss, Lilligant, Sawk, Carracosta and Emboar against N. Against Ghetsis, only 4 of them had to fight. And Zekrom was easy to beat. 3 Dragon Claws from my Krookodile were enough, even though Zekrom was 2 levels higher. Zekrom used Giga Impact, but it wasn't all that strong, and then it had to recharge.

And all the legendaries so far have been easy to catch. Didn't even have to inflict a status condition on Reshiram, just two hits, and Ultra Ball and that was it. Are all B/W legendaries so much easier to catch than HG/SS legendaries?

And now I have a level 51 Dragonair, fished as a level 50 Dratini. Not very good in battle yet, but she may improve if/when she evolves into Dragonite.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well Reshiram and Zekrom have a higher catch rate then normal Pokemon, you can get them quite easily in a Pokeball. Though the last two Legendaries to really get are Landorus and Kyurem. You'll find their areas in the post game. But they're not too tough to catch. I usually go for paralysis, then Dusk Balls, as I usually play during the night and in caves anyway.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Are all B/W legendaries so much easier to catch than HG/SS legendaries?
    Yes.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I finally have a copy of the game and will soon be choosing Oshawott the water starter.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Administrator

May your starter be better than mine. Although mine has improved quite a bit since he learned Flamethrower.

I've caught Virizion, the first legendary who has reminded me a bit of the old games (had to try 4 times). I've also caught a Sandslash who may help me catch Tornadus if the dreaded thing can stop fainting (what kind of legendary can't take a single hit?).

Now I'm training my Magikarp at the Relic Castle. That place gives out good EXP.

Edit: Gyarados.

Edit 2: and not just him, the Volcarona room is the place to EV-train for Special Defense.

And my Black City is completely empty, save for the Pokemon Center. I don't know anyone in my area who owns Pokemon White (or a DS-3DS for that matter) so I guess it'll stay that way.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 21st March 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Administrator

Sorry for the double-post, but it's been a while and no one else has posted.

I've finally defeated Cynthia with a team of level 65 Pokemon (my Krookodile and Lilligant were the stars of the battle, and they both leveled up). It's weird, but a Yache Berry made the difference.

I also have a Dragonite now, but unlike all other Dragonites I've had, this one's not good in battle (maybe because I fished her at a high level?) so I'm probably not going to keep training her.

Oh, and I have 3 Lava Cookies from the Royal Unova. Really... Lava Cookies? How is anyone supposed to eat that? Or is it just a name, like the RageCandyBar which can't possibly be made of rage?

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Lava Cookies are a local specialty from Hoenn, specifically right near Mt. Chimney. They're apparently pretty dry. (There's someone who sells them near the summit cable car station if you come back after beating the evil team up there.)

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I like this post becasue it sounds like Pory's actually been there and tried some and brought some back for us......

Right??!?!?! ¬¬

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Administrator

I'm training for my upcoming rematch against the Elite 4 (my daily training routine goes like this: Big Stadium, Small Court, Morimoto, Royal Unova, Giant Chasm/Relic Castle Catacombs). I've already received a Rare Candy and 4 Lava Cookies from the Royal Unova. And my Unfezant's EVs have maxed out. I may use a berry on her to see if I can switch some Special Attack (which she doesn't use) for Special Defense (which she really needs).

Edit: now my Emboar and Stoutland have maxed out too. And my Unfezant adores me, but I already new that since she's been achieving 1HKOs with Return for weeks and she once talked to N about how much she cared for me.

Edit 2: defeated the Elite 4 and Alder with Gyarados, Togekiss, Emboar, Unfezant, Krookodile and Lilligant. They were all level 70 when I entered. When I left, my Emboar was level 72 and the others were all level 71. Alder was much easier than I'd expected, I even 1HKOed his Volcarona with a Waterfall from my Gyarados. And my Unfezand knocked out a lot of Pokemon with Return... Who needs SE moves? Actually, she was great because the E4 used mostly physical attacks. After using Feather Dance, my Unfezant could withstand 2 Stone Edges in a row. And Return was so good that I didn't have to risk using Fly against Marshall's Pokemon.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 10th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Veteran Trainer

You can rematch with Morimoto? I never knew that... Thanks for the tip!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Administrator

Heh. No problem. Additionally, if you want to EV-train your high level Pokemon for for Speed, Morimoto is your guy. All his Pokemon give out Speed EVs.

Oh, and I've finally caught Tornadus! How can a Legendary Pokemon faint so easily? I had to catch a Golbat with low Special Attack at the Giant Chasm, then use Mean Look and weak Special moves to damage it without fainting it, and without poisoning it because that would faint it too. 3 Dusk Balls later, Tornadus was in my PC. Now it's sitting in Box 3 with the other Legendaries.

And as a reward, I raised my Golbat 10 levels and evolved him into Crobat. Now he's on my secondary team (Pokemon I train irregularly and not as much as my main 12, but they're not permanently stuck in the PC).

Banned

You should have trained a Watchog. It can learn Mean Look AND Hypnosis. If it could learn False Swipe it would be perfect for catching fleeing Legendaries.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

As is, it's pretty darn close to perfect since it can also learn Super Fang. It's not as ideal as False Swipe, but it's still an "I can whittle your HP down really low without fainting you" move.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Administrator

Ah, I didn't think of it. The Golbat worked, though. And he's great to train because, as a Crobat, he's among the fastest Pokemon in the game, so I can send him out, start battling and U-Turn him back if things get ugly.

Oh, and yesterday I did the time-radio thing. The reward was really not worth it, but it was interesting to watch the guy talk to his dad in the past... even though he didn't get to say much.

Veteran Trainer

Time...radio? What? Whoa did I miss something in-game?

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Administrator

Apparently you did. You have to trade with someone with the opposite version and get a Pokemon who knows Charge. Then take it to Opelucid City, more specifically the first building right of the Pokemon Center, upstairs (downstairs is the effort lady and upstairs is the radio guy). Talk to the radio guy and show him your traded Pokemon, then watch.

It's not really useful for you as a player, but it's a little bit of storyline that you can help unfold.

Master Trainer

Well I finally started the game. It is very linear so far and very straight to the point. Bang you get your starter and then you're on your way. Got an adamant Oshawott first time so didn't even have to reset the game. That was good. Also got my first badge. Had to train my pokemon up a bit with wild pokemon which is always rather frustrating. But the gym wasn't hard. Have made my way to the day care center. They don't pay much for beating them do they, lol.

Will keep doing the double grass thing in the dreamyard as I'm trying get Mushana but of course you get the awful Audino instead. Have decided I'll keep my Lilliup unevolved so I can pick up items along the way. Bit frustrated that the early pokemon can't really be used as HM slaves.

Still haven't decided my team as I don't want to put surf on Oshawott if his nature is Adamant. I might switch and chance this time round. In diamond I literally stuck to Piplup, Geodude, Shinx, Budew and Starly and just used Dialga for the Elites.

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Administrator

Why catch a Musharna? Catch a Munna and then evolve it. Moon Stones aren't all that rare, I got one very early in the game.

Alternatively, after you beat the Elite 4 for the first time, you can go back to the Dreamyard on Fridays and find a level 50 Musharna.

Warning: Musharna is sloooooooooow. Mine has a Speed-boosting nature, plus a good share of EV-training, and she's still the 3rd slowest among the 12 Pokemon in my main team. She's an HP tank, though. And Special Attack is good if you train it properly.

Curious in-game detail: I recently went to Celestial Tower to blow candles (Special Attack EV-training for a new Ninetales - yes, I'm training 2 Ninetales, I must be crazy or something -) and when I reached the top I found Alder, who talked to me about his past with his first Pokemon partner. Another bit of story which you can easily miss if your journey doesn't take you there.

Elite Trainer

Now that you've done that, you can go face the E4 again and become the Champion.
    Though you may get to do that already. I never checked.

Administrator

I've already defeated the E-4 twice and Alder once. And days later came across him at the tower. He was paying respects to his old friend.

Veteran Trainer

I may have done the radio thing. I don't recall.

Entertaining quotes!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Curious in-game detail: I recently went to Celestial Tower to blow candles (Special Attack EV-training for a new Ninetales - yes, I'm training 2 Ninetales, I must be crazy or something -) and when I reached the top I found Alder, who talked to me about his past with his first Pokemon partner. Another bit of story which you can easily miss if your journey doesn't take you there.
    Actually, it's hard to miss. You have to go up there and listen to his story if you ever want to challenge him. Until you do that, you won't find him at the Plateau.

Administrator

That's weird, because I found him there days after I challenged him. That was not the first time I found him, but I didn't expect to find him after I defeated him.

Banned

Hmm...

I just went back to the tower, but he wasn't there... Maybe you have to go at a specific day, or a specific time of the day...

Administrator

I defeated him again, went back to the tower and didn't find him. He must go there on certain days and times like you said. I wonder how often he visits.

Oh, and yesterday my main 12 Pokemon reached level 80. And two of them (Lilligant and Togekiss) have not yet maxed out their EVs. O.o

My Unfezant and Stoutland are fully EV-trained, meaning that I can no longer reduce the one stat I was willing to lower for them, and they've both "put in a great effort". I think I'm pleased with the results. My Unfezant performs especially well against the Elite 4.

Elite Trainer

I've only found him up there the once after beating the game the first time. I don't think he revisits.

You know what's annoying me right now? That there are 30+ Pokemon in my White Forest that I can never, ever get. I'm not sure if GF really thought that place through.

Administrator

They didn't. Similarly, my Black City is empty except for the Pokemon Center. No idea what they were thinking when they made those locations.

By the way, did you know that each time you defeat the Elite 4 you can rematch the Ace Trainer on Marvelous Bridge? The one with the Beheeyem, Klinklang and Alomomola.

Veteran Trainer

How did you figure that out, exactly...?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Administrator

Just passed by the bridge and saw that the teleporting girl was there again - and disappeared again - so I tried talking to everyone on and around the bridge and the Ace Trainer challenged me again.

EV status: Togekiss done (maxed out at level 81), only Lilligant is left out of my main 12.

Master Trainer

Ooh I like Lilligant. I got my second badge. It was really easy once I used a fighting pokemon. Spent a good three days grass shaking getting a Throh. I hate those shaking spots. Was about to give up and then it appeared. Am now making my way on the inside of Pinwheel forest.

Much better storyline this time round. Have yet to test the Dowsing machine o.o

Oh I miss you Calaveron

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

The dowsing machine is brilliant, so much easier to use than any of the others!

I've been around the whole map now, just gonna go arrest those pesky Seven Sages.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Veteran Trainer

I am now kinda ready for BW 2 to come out so I have a reason to play it and then buy a new Black and start over. Kinda wanna play again now :/

Entertaining quotes!

Administrator

Play it again, Will.

Yes, I like Lilligant too. I took her to the musical, just to see what happened. The audience liked her and I got a prop, but I still don't see the point of the whole thing.

I've been compiling a rematchable trainer guide (where you can find each trainer, what Pokemon they have and what EVs they give out). So far I've been using it to help myself train my Pokemon. I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in it. Should I post it?

Veteran Trainer

You should, if only for the fun of it.

Sidebar-my copy of Black decicdeed to work again. I think it has somethng to do with my internet settings, once I opened the connection, it worked. I still feel iffy about it...but In saved like 50 times to try and wipe out any corrupted data that could be lingering around. If its the card, I know that won't help at all, but it was good seeing my peoples again

Only things I missed were Mewtwo and Togekiss, but that's alright...cant even log into GTS cause I forgot my password, LOLOLOL

Entertaining quotes!

I can dex-trade you the Mewtwo if you want. Mewtwo miiiiine >_>

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Administrator

OK, here you are. It took me longer than I had expected.

Administrator

Sorry for the double-post, but the previous one was a reply to DL and this one is a report on my game. I think they're unrelated enough, but I can merge them if it bothers anyone.

Today I completed the Deerling quest and got a Leaf Stone as a reward. And a few days ago I passed the single battle test with 6 stars (out of 7), using Gyarados, Lilligant and Togekiss. I can't believe how easily Articuno fell under a pair of Waterfalls.

Edit: why does it look like the Ferris Wheel guys are trying to hit on me? Do they hit on male players too?

Edit 2: I've searched the web and it turns out that male trainers get a whole different set of opponents at the Ferris Wheel. Weird. So the flirting is intentional.

Edit 3: and my Lilligant finally maximized her EVs at level 85. (It took her long enough!) That makes 12 Pokemon with max EVs in my game. I'm still training to level them up, but I'm also training others a bit: Crobat (level 73), Altaria (level 45), Castform (level 30), Wash Rotom (level 42) and my second Ninetales (level 42). The latter two always train together.

Oh, and Cynthia has invited me to go to Sinnoh. How am I supposed to do that?

Edit 4: I've defeated the bikers' gang and now they're calling themselves the Black Ninetales. Doesn't sound very threatening, but they could have made worse choices.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 5th May 2012 at 09:30 AM.

I feel like I cheated on TPM. I spent Monday with a bunch of Pokemon nerds from my fair city, who have convinced me I should IV/EV train in order to beat them.

So I am

Currently on the search for the perfect Slowpoke in SS. Then I will spend time EV training it in Gen 4. Then I will transfer a Ditto to White and get it to have babies with a Slaking until I find a good offspring. Oh I am gonna have so much fun with those two >o<

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Veteran Trainer

o.O What are you planning Chibz

Entertaining quotes!

To rule the world. With a Skill Swapping Slowking, and a pumped up Slaking

My problem is, I don't really want to take the Slowpoke out of Gen 4, but I can't find anywhere that explains how EV's work in Gen 4. I understand Gen 5 now. And I have a Slaking in Gen 5, so that's not a problem.

I'm breeding for Modest natured Slowpoke. If anyone's got one by chance, I'd love them forever.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train