Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

o.O Gen 4 EV's? Work the same as Gen 5 and Gen 3 EV's 520 total, 255 max in any stat
    Vitamins work the same way :/
    Just look up what Pokemon give you what EV's when battling, and tailor from there...

Oh and the EV raising items help if you can nab them.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

But I read somewhere that in gen 5, it totals the EVs as it's going. But in Gen 4 and below, it doesn't til they level up. I think I've just answered my own question there XD

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh that part. Well yeah, but that really doesn't matter since (if you use paper) you'll know where they should be in between levels. I personally prefer it by level, that way I can see the stat increase like crazy after I start whooping Lv 2 whoever-I-needs XD

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Maybe, but then if you get a Pokemon at a high level you may never be able to max out its EVs.

Marvelous (named after his birthplace) is now a Serperior. Oh, and my Black City has people in it, thanks to Jeff.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Maxing out EVs before hitting L100 should never be a problem if you know what low-level enemies to face. When you're level 98 it should take more low-level scrubs to reach L99 than it does to max out EVs.

HP:
    Audino (L2-4 in Route 1, 4-7 in Route 2, 100% of shaking grass) 2 EP
    Ducklett (L22-25 on Driftveil Drawbridge, 100% of encounters) 1 EP

Attack: Patrat and Lillipup (L2-4 in Route 1, 100% of encounters between them) 1 EP each

Defense: Roggenrola (L10-13 in Wellspring Cave, 50% of encounters) 1 EP

Speed: Woobat (L10-13 in Wellspring Cave, 50% of encounters) 1 EP

Spc.Atk: a bit tricky...
    In White Version, try Petitil in Pinwheel Forest. L14-17, 35% of encounters, 1 EP.
    Vanillite (L20-23 outside Cold Storage, 30% of encounters) 1 EP
    Litwick (L26-29 in Celestial Tower; 100% of encounters on 2F) 1 EP

Spc.Def: Frillish (L5-15 surfing in Routes 4, 17, 18 and around P2 Lab, 100% of encounters) 1 EP

There might be more convenient HP and Spc.Atk options in the postgame areas where you can encounter species from previous versions. I haven't really looked into that.
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 25th May 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Administrator

I think the best place for Special Defense is the catacombs under the Desert Resort. The Volcarona hall is full of nothing but Claydols.

Oh, by the way, my Crobat has maxed out his EVs at level 77, making him the first Pokemon outside my main 12 to have max EVs.

Edit: my main team has reached level 100! All twelve of them! This is a first for me, since I'd never trained a Pokemon all the way to level 100 before. Now I can focus on training all the others I've been wanting to train, and my main 12 can help.

Edit 2: my second Ninetales and my Rotom maximized their EVs at level 52! And I have a big fat Snorlax (evolved at level 62)!
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 4th June 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I have 6-7 badges and am north of an icy town whose gym leader I beat; I was unable to obtain an item in the ice so I think I will start over next time I play because I forgot where it is.

playful friendly feline Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'm fairly early in the game, approaching Striaton Gym. Still hoping on catching Purrloin.

Administrator

I caught one early in the game, and was quite disappointed. The Purrloin line has terrible stats and their moves also leave a lot to be desired. The two Dark types I've ended up training are Zoroark (thanks to a friend who traded me an egg) and Honchkrow (obtained a Murkrow from the Dream World). They both get cool moves and manageable stats.

Edit: my Zoroark has maximized his EVs just before reaching level 65.

And on Sunday night I was challenged by a mysterious stranger nicknamed Epsilon, who was not in the same room as I was. I defeated his/her Leafeon and Flareon with my Crobat, but I still don't know who s/he was. I wish I knew, both to thank him/her for the battle and because I could use an Eevee egg.

Edit: my Altaria has maximized his EVs at level 69.

Edit: I've finally "seen" all Unova Pokemon. Prof. Juniper congratulated me and then said "now see how many you can catch". A bit ungrateful, don't you think?

But, more importantly, I got an Eevee! I had to trade my Arceus for it, but I don't use legendaries anyway. The bad thing is that he has a low Special Attack stat, which goes against my plans. But that's only a minor setback, as I have bred him with one of my Dittos and now I have an Eevee egg. I'm sure I'll have a Vaporeon within a week or two, thus fulfilling my tradition of having one in every Pokemon game I've played.

Edit: the Eevee hatched, but I didn't like his nature so I'm breeding a new one. I did get a nice Eevee from the GTS (from Australia). He is now an Espeon, but his previous trainer didn't name him so he's called Espeon. Additionally, my Butterfree maximized his EVs at level 72.

Edit: my Vaporeon maximized his EVs at level 55, and my Honchkrow and Venomoth did the same at level 77. And my Crobat is now level 100.

Edit again: my Gengar reached max EVs at level 62, and my Zangoose and Serperior at level 79.

Edit: I recently went for a walk around Route 4 and stumbled upon a Torment TM. Then my roosting Murkrow maximized her EVs at level 41! That's a new record for me!

Edit: my Espeon reached max EVs at level 65, my Tangrowth at level 57, my Snorlax at level 82, my Dragonite at level 64, my Starmie at level 74 and my Steelix at level 80.

My money has maxed out too!
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 19th December 2012 at 03:03 PM.