Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

Well for one thing it's the best Electric-type that can be acquired relatively early in the game (I tried Joltik and Blitzle; the former was too fragile later in the game and the latter didn't have a very versatile moveset.).

For another thing, it's an Electric-type with a Ground resistance, which is always great. Hell, it resists everything except Rock and Ice attacks, which are few and far between.

And lastly, I almost always have a team of fully-evolved behemoths in my Pokemon games. Sure, all-out brawls between two huge monsters is awesome, but you know what's more awesome?

Cheren's 10-foot Serperior and Bianca's 300-pound Emboar. Being taken down in one shot. By something smaller than Pikachu.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

haha true. Honestly Garvantula doesnt disatisfy me. Maybe I read wrong but have you attempted to train one?

Veteran Trainer

I'm pretty sure I just said that I had a Joltik. It was just too frail for me to keep my patience with. By the time it evolved, I had almost restarted the game anyway.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Aaahhh. I understand now.

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

For some reason, I'm just laughing at some of my recent GTS trades and with semi-good reason too. The recent trades I make are often kinda ridiculous for what I want in return for my trade. For example, my most recent trade, I wanted a Spiritomb in exchange for a Goldeen... and I freaking got one. In addition, the Goldeen I put up for trade wasn't even a Dream World one. ...Just... wow.

Cloyster Moderator

So YOU'RE the one!
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Um... if you're the one I traded to Jeff, then let me make it up to you by giving you a real DW Lightningrod Ability Goldeen.

Cloyster Moderator

Lol, no, I just meant you're the one clogging up the GTS with unfair trades. Of course, I know you're not the only one doing that.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

Veteran Trainer

Just beat (Spoiler:) Ghetsis at last. Fuck him. I feel bad for N now.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

The real Shonta Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll View Post
    Actually, there are 24 Boxes in total, classy. For some reason, the creators tweaked the box system a bit and gave a bare minimum starting out. To get the maximum, you basically put one Pokemon in one box apiece for the boxes you have starting out. Then log off Pokemon storage, and log back in and you'll find that you get 6 more boxes. Repeat the process with the new boxes until you get the max.
    Oh. Heh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dammit, my old red DS broke so there's no way of transferring Pokemon from earlier versions. I want a Lucariooooooo! *howls*
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Cloyster Moderator

You can catch a Riolu in Challenger's Cave.

Well...I'd rather breed one from one of my champs but I guess catching one from there would be quicker...

I'm already missing those Platinum Move Tutors. Oh well, I'm a-hunting.
    Random Quote:

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.o I Always clog gts with crap trades. I'm always giving away Spiritombs for crap like Zekrom and Reshiram. xD

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Probably because Spiritomb is such a pain to get if you don't have a lot of friends. Although when I see a trade like that, I'm wondering if they're using hacked Pokemon or whatever they are.

Every time I look for a less rare Pokemon, they always want something crazy for it. Yeah, like I'm gonna give you my Cresselia for a Munchlax.
    Random Quote:

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Don't underestimate the value of Spiritomb. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who basically have no hope of getting one without GTS; I'm one of them.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Veteran Trainer

:/ I didnt have alot of friends, I just ABUUUSED the Nintendo store wifi and found 32 people there back in DP release days.

Nowadays I seriously just breed tomb's :/ I think I gave Blade like 15 at one time cause I was sick of them clogging up my Diamond XD.

I also hate when I look for one trade..err its better to explain. I wanted a Porygon2.

I look up P2, sees someone wants a Charizard for it. I check Charizard, see someone want a Hypno for it, check Hypno, see someone wants a Rapidash for it (all lvl 100 thus far -.-), find a Rapidash that someone wants a damn Bulbasaur for. Ok. I have Bulba. I HATE when I have to DO that >O 5 card monte trades are aggravating.

And that whole I have lvl 3 Woobat, wants LVL 100 Blissey? Yah you want me to be violent. :/ But I haven't seen much DW stuff up on GTS yet :/ Then again, I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. How come we can't see the natures or Abilities of the Pokemon before they're traded to us?

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Veteran Trainer

You and me both, Darkly. That chain-trading shit is a hassle. I know not from Pokemon, but from TF2. Still, the premise is basically the same, as I will now diagram:

1. xXx1337$n1p4hxXx[MLG] has Bladewantsthis Hat and wants Shitty Hat 1 for it.

2. ^_^:3NaRuToLoVeR<(^o^)> has Shitty Hat 1 and wants Shitty Hat 2 for it.

3. milhouse-in-sparta-behind-9001-proxies has Shitty Hat 2 and wants Expensive Hat 1 for it.

4. Johnny_Noscope with a Sydney Sleeper and a score of 3 after 4 hours has Expensive Hat 1 and wants Expensive Hat 2 for it.

5. +(~Yiffy_McDogfucker~)+[FUR] has Expensive Hat 2 and wants Shitty Hat 3 for it.

6. evenwithan80characterlimitIcantfitmygarbledmessofr andomkeyboardbanginginthisspac
    has Shitty Hat 3 and wants Blade's Favorite Hat for it.

7. Fine, whatever.

8. Go through all the hoops of trading.

9. xXx1337$n1p4hxXx[MLG] has disconnected.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Five stars!

EDIT: Restarted White, currently in Driftveil City.

l.35 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Circle Throw | Revenge | Body Slam | Bulk Up
    l.35 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Punch | Headbutt | Hammer Arm | Flare Blitz
    l. 29 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Faint Attack | Retaliate | Leech Seed

Didn't feel like using a starter, so caught myself a Patrat as soon as possible and trained it up to be a capturer later. It's now at level 23 with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Super Fang and Crunch; only thing missing is Mean Look at 36, but not sure if I wanna go through trouble of raising him some more.

Caught atleast 30 Throh to select my 'starter', finally settled on a sp.def + ability in combination with Bulk Up. This thing is seriously a beast, so much bulk combined with Revenge (which is great with it's horrible speed). Circle Throw it's signature move is also whopping! Critical Hit bitches.

Not even gonna start on Darmantian, since everyone already knows how powerful it is. Deerling is in training now and is probably gonna go Double Edge + Jump Kick + Wild Bolt + Horn Leech (for recovery of those recoil attacks and possible jump kick failing). Can't wait to evolve it.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 11th May 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Veteran Trainer

Oh God don't mention Throh... Marshal's KO'd more of my team than ANYTHING else in the Pokemon League.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Yeah, Sawk is gonna be used more because of higher attack and speed; but man I'd choose Throh over Sawk anyday

Veteran Trainer

I've actually heard a lot of people say Sawk isn't that good. They called it the Hitmonchan of Gen V.

I can't personally attest to that being right or wrong.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Well, Sawk has 125 base attack and 85 speed. True, 85 speed isn't that much, but it's pretty decent. Combine that with that 125 attack and Close Combat, Earthquake, Stone Edge or the Sub/Berry/Endure/Reversal combo and it's on.

Payback Throh = god.

Master Trainer

l.69 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Storm Throw | Revenge | Body Slam | Bulk Up
    l.71 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Punch | Strength | Flare Blitz | Superpower
    l.70 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Megahorn | Double-edge | Horn Leech
    l.70 Jellicent (Cap.cap) [Mild]: Surf | Will-o-Wisp | Recover | Hex
    l.70 Bisharp (Wabisuke) [Brave]: Sworsdance | Brick Break | Night Slash | Iron Head

Just beat Cynthia. FUCK! Could handle everything 'cept for Garchomp. Luckily Throh was there again to save the day. With two Bulk Ups under it's belt (haha) he Body Slammed Chomp into paralysis and then started to kill him.

Reminding you I play in Set mode, meaning there's no switching after a dead poke. This made Cap.Cap really shine out, using his Three immunities. Would send out Darmantian to trigger Hydro Pump and use it to heal Cap.cap, who has Water absorb btw.

Love the game even more, since it's so big.

Kyurem, hiya! My favorite legendary ever.

Master Trainer

Double, no wait, triple post.

Was going to add a Weavile, since I needed a revenge killer and speed. Needed to bred for Icepunch, though and only pokes that learn it by level up are Hitmonchan and Jynx. Jynx was available, but those are only females.. Impossible. Then Abomasnow, Dusknoir and Medicham get them via Heart Scale, but those aren't available too. Damn. Ice Shard was fine too, but then I'd need to breed a new Sneasel, since he'd already gone past Night Slash level (as a Weavile). Just decided to storm E4 with 5 poke's, like usual.

Beat Alder. Once again, Throh saved the day. Bulk Up is my friend, made me handle hits better (with Sp.Def nature, good defense and great HP) and gave me the attack power to actually sweep. Couldn't have asked for a better starter. To damn awesome for words.

Final team:

l.78 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Storm Throw | Revenge | Earthquake | Bulk Up
    l.78 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Blitz | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Superpower
    l.76 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Megahorn | Double-edge | Horn Leech
    l.78 Jellicent (Cap.cap) [Mild]: Surf | Will-o-Wisp | Recover | Hex
    l.77 Bisharp (Wabisuke) [Brave]: Sworsdance | Stone Edge | Night Slash | Iron Head

Most usefull pokemon: Throh ofcourse. Never knew this guy was so sturdy. Jellicent, although it fainted a lot (due poor physical defense), it actually came out quite the tank, leftovers, great HP and good sp.def made a great combination with Throh.

Less usefull pokemon: Bisharp. Expected so much of this powerranger. Meh, Iron Head and Night Slash are ok, but only 70 and 80 basepower. Yes, he had Swordsdance, but is to slow to pull anything off. I needed Sucker Punch to make up for that, but it's a breeding move. I'm lazy besides, it wasn't worth the effort anyway*coughromscough*.

Then, Darmanitan packs a punch. A great glass cannon. fastest on my team too, so I used him quite a lot. Still, a tad to boring for me. As last, Sawsbuck. Dunno why, but I really like using this fellow. Horn Leech is awesome, and although he has thousands of weaknesses, his movepool made him very usefull. I was thinking of adding Wild Charge, but Megahorn proved to be to usefull in the league.

Think I'm gonna start over HG/SS now.

Bai!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I just got Pokemon Black for Christmas, which is perfect because Brian has White. I just beat Lenora on Wednesday. I started my game with a Tepig because I thought it was cute and I named it "PIGGY." I'm primarily using a Herdier (Lv. 20), PIGGY (Lv. 21), and Purrloin (Lv. 19). I figured out that battling against Audinos earns good exp.!
    ------------------------------
    http://rkivic.com

Thank you TPM Friends for the nice Award!
    Signature courtesy of Mikachu Yukitatsu

Banned

Nice. I started with Tepig too.

It isn't the most popular choice in the game, but I liked the little guy. Although, I must warn you... Like most Pokemon, it gets much less cute when it evolves.

Veteran Trainer

And much MORE disappointing.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Grass starter for life. Speaking of. I'm up the point in black where my 3DS does not already read my Black Cartridge...and I can't battle online anymore because it states my wi-fi data has been erase, and I can't reset router settings because for some reason the Pokemon Black (and Platinum) game cards wont allow for WEP/Pushbutton router security....

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

I'm liking Serperior's line. Still, Samurott has won my heart this Gen. Water tanks (*rimshot*) are always fun, swords are always fun, and ramming Megahorns up uppity Grass-types' asses is the icing on the cake. Megahorn for Serperior, Earthquake for Electric-types, Waterfall for Emboar, Ice Beam for Hydreigon...

Erre NPC in the game is mad.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Sam's who I went with too, although I usually always go with water types when starting out (the only exception was Ru/Sa).
    -Grey

Master Trainer

I tend to go grass types too, 'cept for Swampert, booya.

Banned

I'm in Route 7. Winter!!!!!! Time to rock all the items I couldn't grab before! Woot

Master Trainer

Oh yeah, I've been doing flying-type MTC. I'm in Victory Road and have a cool team even if I say so myself ^^

Vince (Unfezant, M)
    Level 54 - Super Luck
    Return | Aerial Ace | Work Up | Roost

William (Swoobat, M)
    Level: 51 - Unaware
    Psychic | Air Slash | Calm mind | Attract

Richard (Archeops)
    Level: 54 - Defeatist
    Rock Slide | Acrobatics | U-turn | Dig

Beth (Swanna)
    Level: 53 - Keen Eye
    Brave Bird | Surf | Rain Dance | Roost

Ninke (Mandibuzz)
    Level: 54 - Overcoat
    Fly | Toxic | Faint Attack | Tail Wind

I loooove Mandibuzz, what a beast.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I caught Cobalion last night. It was... surprisingly easy to catch! Just one Will-o-Wisp, one Pokemon switch, one actual attack, one Dusk Ball and inside it went. It was almost like it wanted to be caught.

I was mentally prepared to face a nightmare like the HG/SS legendaries. Ho-oh was the hardest catch ever. I had to keep switching and healing, waiting for the successive Safeguards to wear off, then put it to sleep, then drain its HP one by one with Giga Drain until there was only a tiny line left, then waste 12 Ultra Balls and, after 40 turns, throw the winning Timer Ball. After that I wondered whether it was worth catching a Pokemon that was so elusive and I wasn't going to train anyway. But since Cobalion was easy, I'll keep it in my legendary box. May or may not take it out at some point, but not to face any trainers, virtual or real.

Now my next stop is the Icirrus Gym, which may be my Sawk's last stand for a while. I'm going to take 5 Pokemon plus the egg. But that will have to wait until night. I have things to do during the day. The rest of the fun in that city will have to wait until June, when winter comes.

Oh, and my pig evolved just in time. May he be actually useful this time around.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 6th March 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Post game Yayayayayayayay!

My banner shows ya what I've got. They all rock and I <3 them. However, reading your post higher up, Blade, you've made me realise what moveset I should be giving my Samurott Thanks!

I'm considering training an Audino. Just for shiggles and double battles. I dislike how all the pokemon trainers I'm facing now are maybe 10+ levels higher than me, but really really easy to beat (Scrafty and Sawsbuck are level 53, Gothitelle is 49, the others are inbetween). Suppose it's good for leveling for re-doing the E4.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Administrator

Congratulations!

Thanks to a friend from another forum, I was able to evolve my Boldore into Gigalith. Now I'm on Route 8.

I can't retire my Sawk, he's just too good... better than my Emboar. So for now I have retired my Cottonee. I could evolve him, but he's clearly not a fighter. His Adamant nature makes it impossible for him to do enough half the damage most opponents can do to him. He's great for catching Pokemon, though: can poison, seed and drain. Which means that if I ever need to hunt for a certain Pokemon, he'll be on the first slot on my team. And I took him to the Dream World today.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Master Trainer

I've got a strange team right now. I'm just gonna take on the last gymleader and they're all level 50.

Serperior, Eelektross, Scolipede, Klinklang, Krookodile and Reuniclus. Not very balanced I think, but they're powerhorses >D

Also one of the first times that I've had six pokemon!

Veteran Trainer

Not sure if it counts, but I just beat Burgh's Gym in my totally-not-forgotten Nuzlocke run.

...I should really update that more often...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Administrator

Why wouldn't it count?

Anyway, I've just defeated the Elite 4 with Lilligant, Togekiss, Krookodile, Carracosta, Gigalith and Stoutland. 2 of them were at level 46, the rest 47. Now they're 47-48, and my other 4 active Pokemon are all level 47. I think I'll have to train them a bit more before I can take on N.

By the way, last night I was working on leveling up my Pokemon and I worried that my Lilligant might have some trouble against the E4 because she could only use Grass-type attacks, but I didn't have many TMs that could go well with her. So I gave her Hidden Power just to see what happened (because she also has a great Special Attack, so if anyone could make a good use of that move, it was her) and it turned out great. Now she can beat Fire types and non-levitating Poison types. But she didn't use her Hidden Power against the Elite 4 because she was busy putting her opponents to sleep, draining their energy to heal herself and - on one occasion - finishing a battle with Petal Dance. My Carracosta's Surf was more useful than I'd expected (still my favorite attack), and my Stoutland used Retaliate 5 times. Sleep Powder was used 8 times and failed the first 3 times. O.o Used a lot of healing and reviving items, no Xs at all and no status healers either (I quickly put Musharna to sleep before she could do the same to my Pokemon).

Ghosts and Psychics were not too hard, except for Sigilyph and Chandelure (even with Surf, that lamp moved too fast and Quick Claw did not come to the rescue). Fighting types were the hardest because half my team was weak to them, but I still knocked out Throh with one Air Slash from my Togekiss.

Advanced Trainer

Restarting!!! Because I havent played in ages.