Thread: Your Country's anthem

Hybrid View

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default Re: Your Country's anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    No offence to whoever wrote it, but it's kind of a boring song.
    ^^^ Agrees with this, though the debacle last year about changing some words was hilarious; in that they didn't expect anyone to care, and then it kinda blew up in thier face. *lols*

Yessum I know the Canadian anthem, though only the English one. I used to know the French verse they'd substitute into the English one but my memory has failed me now. All I got are random words, trompe, une gloriouse and la histoire... I don't sing every time it comes on, but if I was at an event or somesuch I have and probably would.

As for ties to other countries, well it's mostly the British isles. Apparently I even got family there, according to my Grandmother anyway... though she said they're "not very nice," lol. Some of the ancestrol families (both sides of the family tree) were split up thanks to Dr Barnardo's. Some were already here back then and I honestly can't say where they came from. There's also a family story that on my Dad's side there are Aboriginal ties, though the truth of that I also don't know, heh.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Your Country's anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu Luver View Post
    Yessum I know the Canadian anthem, though only the English one. I used to know the French verse they'd substitute into the English one but my memory has failed me now. All I got are random words, trompe, une gloriouse and la histoire...
    Haha, flashbacks to elementary school when the secretary would accidentally play the wrong side of the national anthem cassette over the PA and we'd get the French version instead. We would have to mumble and babble along without knowing what the hell we were saying. This legit happened like once a month. For shame, secretary.

Yup, I definitely remember a glorieux and a histoire... uh... also "protégera nos foyers" which could totally translate to "protect our lobbies"... that's about it.