Thread: [GYM] Cynder, let's go!

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default [GYM] Cynder, let's go!

Improbability Vortex 2:

Randomness at its finest, the improbability votrex 2 is able to generate energy of all types. We stand in a small space sphere, inpenetratable with 0 gravity. In the centre lies the vortex itself, a bright light and undestructable. At the end of every round, a sphere of energy appears, from a specific type, like Fire, Flying, Psychic or Ground as examples. Should an attack be able to travel through one of these spheres, that attack does increased damage. In addition, the sphere we're in is indestructable and see through, and to travel out of it would cause slight oxygen deprivation. The sphere makes some moves impossible, such as Dive, Dig and Earthquake. Fish based pokemon, like Gorebyss, can swim easily through 0 gravity like water.

Rules: Double Team and Toxic cannot be used, and rest can only be used once per match. (This is subject to change)

~Gym Team~
    ~Credit to RaZoR LeAf for the banner~

~Badge & TM~
    Badge: Roll of Fate

TM ~ Meteor Mash
    Capable of learning the TM

3 v 3 Singles
    2 Day DQ, 1 Week DQ for ref
    Abilities On
    I'll release Convectank, my Male Torkoal with White Smoke. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Dogfish44; 27th August 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Cynder, let's go!

I'll send out my Flygon Sabaku (female) with Levitate.

Okay, let's start off by setting up with Focus Energy, then hammer the tortoise with Stone Edge, and finish off with setting up Sandstorm. If it stops you setting up the Sandstorm, switch to Earthquake.

Advanced Trainer

Convectank, let's begin in our usual slow manner.

Yawn ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Stealth Rock
    Back bitches

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O I wanna ref this. I really do. If you guys can be patient, I can get it up within the week DQ limit(which is not my norm, lol). Is that ok?

===Stipulations===

Arena: Impossibility Vortex 2
    DQ: 2 days
    Abilities: Active
    Damage Cap: None

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

Here we are, back for the rematch between Dogfish and Cynder! After stealthily absconding a few points from the happy-go-lucky Gym Leader, Cynder has decided to give the man a second chance at keeping his word! She brings wrath with her though, as a dragon takes to the sphere's layout DF seems unfettered as usual, starting out with that puffpuff tortoise!

Convec plods over toward Cynder, and looks up. Sabaku dives down, screeching as she does so. Bolstering her focus, she breaks away from the suicide dive, and speeds right. Looking back, all she sees is a Yawning tortoise! Was it even looking at her!?

Sa: -3E +Crit/Drw ~~ Co: -3E

To investigate this even more, Sabaku heads right for Convec, extending her arms. Convec flares up and stays still as he's rammed into fist first by her. The pair shoot backwards, and slam against and up the rounded sphere that encloses this arena. Convec idly slides down the wall on his shell, and manages to right himself as Sabaku scowls in pain.

Damn fiery tortoise! (-1)

Sa: -9E Brn~~ Co: -2E/-25H

It only gets worse, as Sabaku lands, panting. She's so..sleepy. In no time at all she passes out, to Convec's delight. Slowly, the smoky reptile plods around and bites at the ground. Shivering a bit, he blasts off small pieces of his shell, littering the arena with it! (-1)

Sa: SLP ~~ Co: -4E

===Stats===

DF

Last edited by DarkestLight; 28th August 2011 at 01:16 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Hi DL, it's ice to see you around. How's life travelling? (It's not the lifestyle for me tbh)

Now them Torkoal, let's show Cynder why the Roll of Fate badge isn't gonna be easy to get!

Whilst it's asleep, our job is quite easy. Give it a Hidden Power, then let's set up some MORE Stealth Rocks. And I think finishing up with a Sunny Day would make our life a lot easier.
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then, sleep is a pain in the ass. Let's just sleep talk until you wake up, then if you do wake up use Earthquake!

Sleep Talk/Earthquake x3

Veteran Trainer

Cynder...bolded text.

===Stipulations===

Arena Quirks: The sphere makes some moves impossible, such as Dive, Dig and Earthquake.

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

Snoozing away, the flier seemed at ease with Convectank just milling about. The Torkoal winds up its neck, channeling a force of nature. This green blast exploded forth-crashing into Sabaku.

In retaliation, Sabaku dashed forth, and slashed at Convec. Yipe. (-1)

Sa: -4E/-5H ~~ Co: -5E/-12H HP: Grs

With the ferocity still on Sabaku's side, she lashed out again with her dream battling skills. Convec was slapped backwards by a nasty tail induced strike. Convec winced, but then blinked in curious confusion. That didn't really hurt at all. (-1)

Recovering, Convec released more shell fragments within the area.

Sa: -4E SR lvl 2~~ Co: -4E/-2H

Sabaku blinks, those red lenses glowing brilliantly. Convec wheezes a tad as it rights itself, and smirks as the beast tries to force the ground to shift under her command. Convec hisses, and pumps out a bit more smoke, before forcing the top of the dome to intensify the heat-and make the orb that appeared last round (that white one ¬¬...) change into a similarly green orb. (-1)

Sa: -8E ~~ Co: -4E

===Stats===

Cynder

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've done that before - why do I never learn! D:

Okay then, start off with Supersonic (if it Protects, switch to Sandstorm), then hit it hard with Earth Power, and finish off with Stone Edge. If it tries to use Yawn again (or any status move for that matter), switch to Mimic.

Supersonic/Sandstorm ~ Earth Power ~ Mimic

Advanced Trainer

..I'm guessing that where you put Mimic in your action queue you meant stone edge, judging by flavour text?

Also, yay for abusable sub moves ^_^

Will-O-Wisp ~ Solarbeam ~ Flamethrower
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

Cynder...bolded text.

===Stipulations===

Arena Quirks: The sphere makes some moves impossible, such as Dive, Dig and Earthquake.

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

Hissing due to the nature of the burn, Sabaku takes a few moments to assess her opponents' strange new aura. She knows she's seen it before...aha! When she just rammed it a few minutes ago. Instead of speeding toward a increased burn though, Sabaku allows her brain to figure out how to manipulate that type of flame as it whizzes on by.(-1)

Sa: -5E M: WoW ~~ Co: -3E

Convec spies the sphere, and takes aim at it for a moment. As the heated arena seems to boost his morale, Sabaku glares at the tortoise and spits out an energy blast. To Convec's dismay, this one hurts alot!

The tortoise skids to a stop, but manages to use his solar powereed attack from above rather than from is body. This beam shoots from the top of the arena, engulfing the green sphere and slams Sabaku down to the floor, crushing her with its force. (-1)

Sa: -6E/-15H ~~ Co: -10E/-16H

Recovering from that attack wasn't going to be easy. Sabaku shakes off the dizzy factor and readies her strike against Convec-a second collision. Convec tries to throw her aim off with a burst of streaming fire...but the collossal force of the attack makes Convec fly far and wide, sliding up the wall and around the arena on the back of his shell...(-1).

Sabaku flaps to a stop, but winces-flying into fire is never a smart thing. She looks up, and the orb flashes to a....oooh its brown...

Sa: -9E/-7H ~~ Co: -8E/-20H

===Stats===

DF

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Ouch time...

Explosion + Solarbeam + Hidden Power

If it uses Protect action 1, Curse, then use Explosion + Solarbeam action 2.
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yay, now I can be the one to abuse subs!

Protect to begin with, then make a decent sixed substitute to take the explosion. Then relax and watch the fireworks BD

Veteran Trainer

Cynder...bolded text.

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

The brown orb lazily flies around the arena, as Sabaku watches his glowing opponent. Wary of anything that might try to sweep her out of the match, a massive barrier was formed almost immediatly.(-1) Spying the spike in telltale energy, Convec huffed and decided to slow things down.

Sa: -6E ~~ Co: -3E +Atk/Def -Spd

Fearing nothing but the fiercest of attacks from this fiery tortoise, Sabaku gets to work grabbing as many of those shell fragments as possible. She forms them into one massive substitute. Not realizing he's about to be duped, Convec charges up for the endgame. The volley of energy gathered between the sunlight and internal combustible fumes ignite, creating a maelstrom of energy bands that rip through the Substitute like a knife through butter. Sabaku smirks at her ingenuity, ..until she realizes the Sub is gone and the explosive waves are still coming! (-1)

The waves show no mercy, and leave Sabaku just as hurt as Convec

Sa: -10E/-50H ~~ Co: -40E/ dedded

Raising her head up, Sabaku looks around. Yeah, she barely survived that...but the point still remains, she survived! The orb no longer agrees with her, instead changing to a bright yellow..vanishing in the sunlight

===Stats===

DF release, Cyn attacks

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

The last trainer to go ahead of me got mauled badly. Data, my Adaptability Porygon-Z, let's go!
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

BTW Shittalker supreme award=DF44 XD

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oooh, experience tells me that that Porygon-Z is an asshole.

Okay then, let's set this thing up! Combo Screech, Supersonic and Flail, if it Protects switch Screech to Feint. You did well buddy.

Advanced Trainer

Screech, Supersonic, And flail. GREAT.

Magic Coat ~ Chill ~ Ice Beam
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

Skinning to survive the first round, Sabaku finds her next opponent rather...disjointed. The modular shape of Data forms into play and gives her en emotionless glare. Nevertheless, she springs into action, Screeching as best she can. This is paired up with a volley of strikes and strange modular frequencies.(-1)

Data seems unperturbed by all the vibrations going on, and merely erects a thin-form fitting barrier around itself. The sound waves refract and refocus back at Sabaku-giving her one hell of a headache.

Sa: -12E -2 Def, Cfn ~~ Da: -4E/-20H

Sabaku spins in circles, trying to make heads or tails out of this situation. Why isn't it dead? Why do buttermilk biscuits go straight to the hips? Data just watches with amusement...(-1)

Sa: @_@ ~~ Da: +4E

As the main yellow orb fades into nothingness, Data is left with one option, before the dragon turns unknowingly violent-put her down. A chilling breeze builds within the arena, before seeping around and striking Sabaku from the left side. Data floats up in reverie as the dragon bites it.

Sa: Holy crap! ~~ Da: -8E

===Stats===

Cyn release, DF

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yay, a hefty chunk o' damage! *searches VS seeker for good opponent...*

I'll send out my male Mismagius Alastar with Levitate ability!

Advanced Trainer

Shadow Ball ~ Nasty Plot ~ Shadow Ball
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

substitute (make it a BIG one but make sure you have enough HP for curse) - Curse - Pain Split

Veteran Trainer

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 6===

Now we have a battle. Data floats aimlessly as Cynder fishes for her next competitor. Out flies a phantom with a agenda for delivering pain: Alastair. The ghost shrieks in a high pitched tone [Rock Attack: -4!!], something Data does not approve of. Swift fashion creates, delivers and disembodies Alastair in the wake of a Shadowball.

Alastair floats back up, and quickly creates a Substitute from some of those shell shards floating around. Maybe he could regroup?

Al: -12E/-40H Sub: 23~~ Da: -8E

Data updates his software to move swifter with killing strikes, and in this moment of serenity, Alastair begins to chant. A strange air fell over the region, and to Data's surprise, there was a definite change in its programming...a countdown was added.

Al: -15E/-25H ~~ Da: -3E +2 SpA Crs

With his trap set, Alastair now wanted something back. Health. Data, unaware that the countdown was much more sinister than just an air of dread, went to blast a hole right through that Substitute. However, the head of the Sub floated in the Vortex, still taunting.

Alastair acted under no stress, linking Data's datastream to his own-but, inherent to its own curse, there as a block. Once a Curse was enacted, no healing could take part. Data squeaked by with a little bit of health that time around.

Al: -15E/+25H Sub: 3 ~~ Da: -8E/-25H

As the round ends, Data freaks, as its health reserves suddenly decrease by a quarter! With the timetable shifted in Alastair's favor, Data quickly needed to devise a plan for survival.(-25)

===Stats===

Cyn

Last edited by DarkestLight; 5th September 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Pending DF smacking me with my own words.....

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Ummm... DL? What happenned to you saying that Pain Split can't be used when you have a curse active on a target pokémon?

Or have you changed this without telling me =(
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

I did?

::Checks::

o.O When did I say this? Cause I've reffed it not too long ago..with it working...:oes some research::

A ha.

Here we go-that'll explain it. Did I say that it doesn't at some other time? Show me the postie pleeeeease :/
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 5th September 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hopefully, this should be over soon. Imprison Shadow Ball, that move could get nasty, then hopefully take it out with Thunderbolt. If it's still not out after that, finish it with Psychic.

Advanced Trainer

That pulled back an old memory.

However, your link is more modern, so we'll continue as such. 'tis only fair.

Besides, I have an opening myself ^_^

Substitute (Max HP [I think this is 25]) ~ Pain Split ~ Dark Pulse
    Back bitches

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish44 View Post
    Ahh, sweet memories...

Maybe the healing ban for Curse should be added to its Movelist entry? Because it's been forgotten about a number of times. (Read: my Gym match with Mew.)

Veteran Trainer

Gonna hafta work this out.

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

Stair continues on with this ethereal plan, just as a ghostly colored orb flies into the upper reaches of the room. Unperturned by this, Ala tries to cast a incantation on Data. Due to the spell's length, he manages to successfully pull it off before Data can complete his own trickery. It matters not, as Data successfully (and barely) creates a substitute

Al: -5E Sub: 3~~ Da: -10E/-25H Sub: 25 Imp: SB

Safe behind his own floating statue of awesome, Data does the one thing it can compute to even the score. Pain Split! Alastar doesn't notice the leeching of life between them, he's much more focused on the electric current being shot thorough the room, blasting the sub into large chunks.

Large chunks aren't good enough to take out this floppy disc...

Al: -8E/-25H ~~ Da: -13E/+25H Sub: 15

What the heck! Alastair freaks from the amount of health ripped away, and tried again to dismantle that Substitute. A powerful Psychic blast slams into the disjointed statue, and obliterates near all of it. Through the rubble-a blast of midnight rage powers through,and slams into the remnants of Ala's sub,finally freeing the ghost to actual attacks.

Data stares in dismay-it was supposed to be over.

Al: -8E Sub: boom ~~ Da: -6E Sub: 5

As the round ends, Data freaks again, its body shivering from the radical amount of health being lost. Painful day to be a Porygon-Z(-25). The phantom orb blips away, and in its place comes a strange bluishred orb.

===Stats===

DF

Last edited by DarkestLight; 6th September 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse + Dark Pulse

Ghost needs to die faster D:
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Let's try to dodge that first Dark Pulse to keep your sub intact and take his out with Faint Attack. Then if your Sub is still up use Calm Mind and finish off with Thunderbolt, if not use Protect followed by Thunderbolt.

Faint Attack - Calm Mind/Protect - Thunderbolt

Veteran Trainer

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

Data, slowly losing its ability to designate power to all functions, throws all it can into its attack parameters. Aiming solely for the phantom, a massive Dark Pulse is fired! With nowhere to run or hide, Alastair looks around for a suitable place to hide. There is none.

Data watches as the beam seems to rip through Alastair, but he keeps his eyes peeled. His vision is then obscured with the littered pieces of the rest of his Substitute, as Alastair reappears, smashing into it with a dark force herself!

Al: -6E ~~ Da: -6E Sub: Boom

Data winds up for another Pulse, but this one...he adds a little spin on the pitch. Meaning its twice the size, and twice the fury. Fearing she may not survive, Ala erects a barrier just as the powerful blast connects! Pushing against the force is almost insurmountable, but she manages to wade through the thick of the blow. Her shield fades just as the blast travels on, leaving Data completely exposed.

Al: -10E ~~ Da: -12E

Having survived all of Data's tricks, Alastair calls upon the heavens once more. The bluish red orb watches as a Thunderbolt sears down, and strikes Data right on his head. Data warbles in some i|v(0|4e|23|v7 language..and bites the dust.

Al: -8E ~~ Da: -10H

Silence, as the orb turns sky blue....

===Stats===

DF release, Cyn attack

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Homer J Simpson (Swalot | Sticky Hold), let's go!
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then, hopefully this'll be quick and clean! Psychic x3, and if you are about to be knocked out use Destiny Bond. If it somehow manages to switch moves and use protect or not knock you out while you're supposed to be using Destiny Bond, switch to Calm Mind instead.

Advanced Trainer

Curse ~ Curse ~ Curse

AKA: FUCK FUCK FUCK!
    Back bitches

Veteran Trainer

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 9===

The battle has taken a new turn. Dogfish is in an unfamiliar position, being behind in a match. As Homer slides forward to try and uphold the law of the room of Improbability, Alastair rips a Psychic force strong enough to push the Swalot backwards. He curls into a ball and groans, creating a thicker mucus shield around himself.

Al: -8E ~~ HJS: -3E/-16H +Atk/Def -Spd

Unfurling, Homer leaves himself open to a second Psychic blast that leaves him on his side. The skyblue orb starts to set and he curls up again. For all the sludge he's making around himself, it's really not helping.

Al: -5E ~~ HJS: -3E/-10H +Atk/Def -Spd

Homer does not even unravel...but there was no followup. Alastair looked up and down, but there was nothing it could do. Homer breathed a sigh of relief, and calmly set up his bulk a little more.

Al: ~~ HJS: -3E +Atk/Def -Spd

The orb shifts to green, and Alastair stares with ernest

===Stats===

DF

Cyn-You relax one more action, then you get 25% energy. After than, Ala faints

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Maaan, I'm used to Energy KOs x_x

Gunk Shot ~ Gunk Shot ~ Gunk Shot
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh, I forgot about energy xD

Obviously relax to begin with, then if it is about to knock you out use Destiny Bond. If not, use Perish Song and Will O Wisp.

Relax - Destiny Bond/Perish Song - Will O Wisp
    Last edited by Cynder; 8th September 2011 at 02:03 AM.

Veteran Trainer

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 10===

Well now. Here slithers Homer, eager to make a sizeable dent in the crippled ghost. With the orb currently offering no health, he relies only on his girth to slam a massive-and I do mean massive-slab of Gunk over Alastair. The power behind it is surely formidable...and it gives Alastair an idea.

It also gives him a nice gain of poisoning. (-1)

Al: x_X -19H Psn~~ HJS: -6E

Mooping around, the (quite clean) blob of sludge builds up another Cinder Block size of toxic waste to fling. You have to give it up for Swalots, they really are impressive Pokemon. In no time at all, he flings this just..disgusting force up at Alastair.

The phantom glows, and begins to shimmer, creating a strange aura around the room. As the chill creeps up the back of Homer's head, he instantly regrets his decision to make that a super powerful strike.

Alastair welcomes the hit head on, enjoying its last moments of consciousness-because as its own focus on the present fades, so does Homer's. Spinning once and trying to stretch out to somehow avoid unconsciousness deathly grip, Homer bounces on his own girth, and lies still.

Al: -7E ~~ HJS: -6E/PWNED!

===Stats===

Cynder, with a cunning strategy, wins the match as she said she would!

Cynder receives 6 points, the opportunity to teach one of her Pokemon DF's Move Tutor move, and of course, his badge.

DF-3 points, and a valiant effort by you and your Pokemon.

Me-just 6, as usual. Gone!

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Well, that didn't work. Remind me to NOT send out Torkoal first, it seems to have a habit of losing D:

And I must've gotten out of sync with my usual ASB, since I'm used to a completely different ruleset these days ^-^

Enjoy the Roll of Fate Badge and the Meteor Mash Tutor.
    Back bitches

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yess, I won! Thanks for the great battle Dogfish, and of course for the badge and tutor move! Also, which list of pokemon that can learn the move is the 'official' one? There are quite a lot of different lists in the TotA O.o